test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIDICULOUS idea

devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
So, here is a really RIDICULOUS idea: how about making some new ALERTs instead of doing the same old same old over and over and over and over until the game finally shuts down?
Post edited by devtracker on

Comments

• jennspacejennspace Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The CO developpers would probably have done that already ...if they wouldn't have been re-assigned to STO or NO. I heard ''Cryptic North'' has been ''working'' on Champions for 6 months but you know... *wave head* I prefer not to comment further on the current state of Champions Online :tongue:
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meh to alerts, what we need (amongst so many other things) is permanent, well designed missions in a new zone.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got an even more ridiculous idea.

How about we get a...

...NEW ZONE? -GASP!-
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I got an even more ridiculous idea.

How about we get a...

...NEW ZONE? -GASP!-

Yeah! Another location that'll be empty in two weeks! Yeah!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd settle for butts in chairs right now.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah! Another location that'll be empty in two weeks! Yeah!

jenny_crieing_by_wildcatzal-d4yqq1h.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    devtracker wrote: »
    So, here is a really RIDICULOUS idea: how about making some new ALERTs instead of doing the same old same old over and over and over and over until the game finally shuts down?

Yes, it is RIDICULOUS idea.

And the current happenings are signs that the game shutting down isn't that far away.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Generally each story arc's finale is a new alert.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd settle for new mission arcs in existing zones along the lines of Queen City. They don't even have to be separate mini zones. Just fill up zone content. I was hoping that Queen City was going to be a new trend but they were replaced with comics. You all know the rest.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea of a new queen city-ish arc; plenty of aftermaths to touch upon: Multifaria, Luther Black/ Nocturne, Phase two of Roin'nish invasion, etc...
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I'd settle just for butts.

Nobody ever gets tired of that.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd settle for new mission arcs in existing zones along the lines of Queen City. They don't even have to be separate mini zones. Just fill up zone content. I was hoping that Queen City was going to be a new trend but they were replaced with comics. You all know the rest.

Somebody still remember that we should have gotten also a new story arc on Monster Island at the time we got Queens City ? But instead they have just given the first quest arcs there more experience :rolleyes:

Its funny that now Level 31-32 quests give more exp than 35+ quests.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This do?
    Seatinchair-001.jpg
    :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You should forward it to them to give us more reasons to leave millinium city. Seriously. Give us reasons to leave millinium city would be a great start. Because there are plenty of zones that are under populated 90% of the time, and changes of scenery provoke exploration, exploration provokes discovery, discovery provokes an obstacle, an obstacle provokes a solution, a solution provokes a chance to sell a freeform slot/costume/other thingy.

Something similar to the way you guys have the Wolf pvp thing in Canada during halloween or bloodmoon etc.

These story archs are kinda big deals in the way of events. Please push us out of millinium city. I wouldn't mind having some extra tie in stuff to do in the desert, or canada. Both of those places are the easiest for lowbies to access as well...

Even bigger benefit. It gives veteran players a chance to gtf down from their high horse so to speak and actually get a close up face to face look with the new players and lowbies that do inhabit those areas.
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd just be happy with the game launching. All I get is a big gray window instead of the launcher, with "Champions Online" at the top, indicating that it is supposed to be the launcher. No amount of waiting fixes it, I replaced my .exe file with that of a friend (who has a working copy of the game), and i've got nowhere. The game literally doesn't want me to play, so... I guess "playing the game" is a pretty ridiculous idea, from where I sit. :biggrin:
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013

And each story arc takes less time to complete than the tutorial and is removed to be replaced by another stupidly short story arc. I do believe a good portion of the player base would like to have something more permanent.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • hatepwehatepwe Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    Give us reasons to leave millinium city would be a great start. Because there are plenty of zones that are under populated 90% of the time,

You mean under populated like MC? :P

I've barely played in the last year. Don't feel like being forced to sign in for limited time content and then it also seems to coincide with the other two Cryptic games that I play releasing new content.

Be nice if they had a schedule so that each game released a new update every third month so there's constantly something new from a Cryptic game and just make my stipends/C-points work across the board...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    You mean under populated like MC? :P

I've barely played in the last year. Don't feel like being forced to sign in for limited time content and then it also seems to coincide with the other two Cryptic games that I play releasing new content.

Be nice if they had a schedule so that each game released a new update every third month so there's constantly something new from a Cryptic game and just make my stipends/C-points work across the board...

Mil city zones are capped at like 100 or something. During peak hours here in America its usually either 80% full or sometimes completely full depending on people throwing events etc.

The other zones at best I've seen about 10 people in them. And always only 1 instance.