test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working

gritoggritog Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
This happens with every program that is accociated(exuse my english) with the game.

"Cryptic game Launcher has stopped working

Windows can check online for solution to the problem

---> Check online for a soulution to the problem and close the program

---> Close the program
Post edited by gritog on

Comments

• Options
    dzikirysdzikirys Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got the same problem ... :confused:
  • Options
    getmesumshickengetmesumshicken Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same thing happened to me. NEED HELP :frown::mad:
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same thing here in Germany. And apparantly the support page has been disabled.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First thing to check is that GameClient.exe is not running in the Task Manager.
    If it is, kill it.

Still no launcher?

Try opening Internet Explorer and resetting it, however that is done.
    Clear the cache, cookies, etc.
  • Options
    smac1o18smac1o18 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I played CO back when it first came to Steam for a little while and I just tried to log in today. Each and every time the launcher crashes as soon as I enter my info. I know my info is correct cause I couldn't remember my username or password at first. Therefore I recovered the username and reset the password.

I had 2 or 3 characters that I got kinda far with and I'm really getting annoyed that I can't log in at all. Anyone able to help?

(Also apparently I'm still a "new member" and can't post threads even though I've had this account for ages)
  • Options
    tj1976tj1976 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So the new fatale rror stuff comes out, i played yesterday, today the fix with the preview and the telepathy is up and now i get a fatal error message after login , the game never gets to the character screens. nothing, nada zip. thinking of cancelling my gold account sicne I can only play half the time I want too.
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For my problem I got it to work properly, thanks to info from a similar thread.

open the task manager Ctrl+Alt+Delete
    right click on the launcher and select maximize
    sign in and it will patch
  • Options
    grospolinergrospoliner Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    leihngwei wrote: »
    For my problem I got it to work properly, thanks to info from a similar thread.

open the task manager Ctrl+Alt+Delete
    right click on the launcher and select maximize
    sign in and it will patch

This is not even related to the problem. The launcher crashes and when launching the client directly, it can't connect to the account servers.

Another symptom is that you can't tab or press enter in the launcher window.
  • Options
    geebus55geebus55 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I lost one account already and now my second to this launcher thing and it's not just Champions it's all Perferct World games. None will load.

I hope PW is concerned, I was going gold but...

I'm sure this is already costing them money, it's just a matter of how many they can stand to have quit.