test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For our new friends at Cryptic North:

Comments

• jonpen1jonpen1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    If I were a developer for Cryptic North who perused these forums for any amount of time over the last several months, I wouldn't go out of my way to communicate with this community, either.

I also wouldn't feel very positive about my job of improving and expanding the game for them.

And you'd be a failure at a core responsibility of a business to its consumers, much like the current company is. Send in a resume, you seem to be the kinda guy they are looking for.

When your customer base is unhappy, and is very vocal about it, you don't hide from them if you want things to get better. You meet, acknowledge, and show you are listening, and show what steps are being made to improvement. You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think a customer base is not going to get angry after more than a year of neglect, broken promises, and failure to deliver and properly support your product.

Now, if your plan is to keep the venture running only as a developmental tool or form of exercise, don't expect profit out of it, then you minimize expenses, reduce contact, and pretty much disengage while handing out platitudes and the occasional PR piece.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But that's not Cryptic North's fault, now is it?

I think that this is an irrelevant distinction. If a business is doing a poor job of servicing its customers, creating a new division does not absolve the company of its portion of any blame in the matter.

If it were an outside company that had purchased CO your point would be stronger (IMO). But the same company is taking the money. A company's internal reorganization is not a matter of customer service.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Edit: Also, this: http://www.whitepages.com/business?key=Cryptic+North&where=Seattle%2C+WA

I'm having a beast of a time(and I LIVE in Seattle) tracking down this studio.
    The Whitepages database probably hasn't been updated yet. The LocalBusinessDirectory site certainly hasn't. Try under Flying Lab Software.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The Whitepages database probably hasn't been updated yet. The LocalBusinessDirectory site certainly hasn't. Try under Flying Lab Software.

Just a bit strange that Cryptic North can't be found under the listing for its own name, and also kinda strange that five times out of five(for me) the link to the website on the page you linked? Times out. I can't reach www.flyinglab.com. Go figure. I appreciate the effort, though. :)

I'm still dubious as to whether or not it exists. It -was- Mr. Emmert that made the announcement, after all.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been missing CO for a long time.

For real.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There must be very few adults who post on these forums.

Humans are humans, with all the failings that come with that distinction (including their responses to massive, continuous amounts of negativity), regardless of what business they find themselves in.

Look I think we all understand people have feelings. Feelings and work are not compatible if they create conflict. I don't think the "Cryptic employees" feelings should be impacted by what they read here. If it is they are in the wrong line of work.

Analogy:

For the sake of argument, lets say I work in the public health sector.

Day 1: By coincidence I happen to be fielding phones because we're short handed or whatever. Woman calls hotline. Woman is in a panic. Woman describes situation too me. After getting some details I determine that she scares easily and that some of the information we distributed spooked her. I explain to her that we cannot send field personnel to a location where it is quite likely there is no threat. Woman tells me I am incompetent. I am not. Still hurt my feelings.

Day 2: Woman calls back and lodges formal complaint with my agency alleging that inspector so and so not only refused to address her situation (which existed only in her mind) but actually RECOMMENDED SHE POTENTIALLY EXPOSE HERSELF TO AFORMENTIONED THREAT. Thank goodness we record our phonecalls. Now understand I take my job very seriously. This woman has now not only insulted me professionally but went out of her way to CAUSE ME HARM for simply following protocol. Actually I don't want to relive this I'll skip to the chase.

I sent (not important to list title but it was substantial) some available persons too her home a few days later as we had personnel in the vicinity and they had a bit of free time. Only because she was scared and had children and felt threatened.

Now: I'll admit that I make a point to stay as much in the field possible now and out o the office. On the rare occasion I am inside and the phone rings.........

I ANSWER THE ******N PHONECALL. Because COMMUNICATION IS VITAL. ALSO I AM NOT A SKITTISH INFANT.

We're "hurting" Cryptic's feelings?! Why do people keep saying this? They work for a gaming company?! WHO DOESN'T WANT TO WORK IN A RELAXED ENVIRONMENT LIKE A @$#@$# GAMING COMPANY?!

And THEY are scared? Sweet jesus man, scared of what?! Hurt?! Then they can GROW UP.

Such a strawman this feelings bs. So frustrating and just downright tiresome.

Hell with this, if you're fine not getting any substantive information while people can look at other Cryptic.

Nope I'm rambling and tired. You win. I give up. We were so mean the devs won't talk too us, and it will probably take a voluntary 1 time fee of $500 for each dev from each player to smooth things over.

This is nucking &^$%&. Enough already with the ******n strawmen and have an honest discussion for pete's sake..
  • kinster2kinster2 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think i know why we haven't had any communication...

cryptic north isn't in Washington but in the Netherlands or Greenland with a man name jeff managing the game and laughing at our requests for communication...

that or its the fact that most probably don't speak English as they are straight from china.....
  • jonpen1jonpen1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kinster2 wrote: »
    i think i know why we haven't had any communication...

cryptic north isn't in Washington but in the Netherlands or Greenland with a man name jeff managing the game and laughing at our requests for communication...

I'm reminded of the credit card commercial with some hairy guy in Russia who answers the phone and says "Hello, this is Betty" in a deep accented voice.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Look I think we all understand people have feelings. Feelings and work are not compatible if they create conflict. I don't think the "Cryptic employees" feelings should be impacted by what they read here. If it is they are in the wrong line of work.

Analogy:

For the sake of argument, lets say I work in the public health sector.

Day 1: By coincidence I happen to be fielding phones because we're short handed or whatever. Woman calls hotline. Woman is in a panic. Woman describes situation too me. After getting some details I determine that she scares easily and that some of the information we distributed spooked her. I explain to her that we cannot send field personnel to a location where it is quite likely there is no threat. Woman tells me I am incompetent. I am not. Still hurt my feelings.

Day 2: Woman calls back and lodges formal complaint with my agency alleging that inspector so and so not only refused to address her situation (which existed only in her mind) but actually RECOMMENDED SHE POTENTIALLY EXPOSE HERSELF TO AFORMENTIONED THREAT. Thank goodness we record our phonecalls. Now understand I take my job very seriously. This woman has now not only insulted me professionally but went out of her way to CAUSE ME HARM for simply following protocol. Actually I don't want to relive this I'll skip to the chase.

I sent (not important to list title but it was substantial) some available persons too her home a few days later as we had personnel in the vicinity and they had a bit of free time. Only because she was scared and had children and felt threatened.

Now: I'll admit that I make a point to stay as much in the field possible now and out o the office. On the rare occasion I am inside and the phone rings.........

I ANSWER THE ******N PHONECALL. Because COMMUNICATION IS VITAL. ALSO I AM NOT A SKITTISH INFANT.

We're "hurting" Cryptic's feelings?! Why do people keep saying this? They work for a gaming company?! WHO DOESN'T WANT TO WORK IN A RELAXED ENVIRONMENT LIKE A @$#@$# GAMING COMPANY?!

And THEY are scared? Sweet jesus man, scared of what?! Hurt?! Then they can GROW UP.

Such a strawman this feelings bs. So frustrating and just downright tiresome.

Hell with this, if you're fine not getting any substantive information while people can look at other Cryptic.

Nope I'm rambling and tired. You win. I give up. We were so mean the devs won't talk too us, and it will probably take a voluntary 1 time fee of $500 for each dev from each player to smooth things over.

This is nucking &^$%&. Enough already with the ******n strawmen and have an honest discussion for pete's sake..

You were in a position where you are required to answer phones and deal with stressful situations, where people are freaking out over health issues. I am assuming you also have training for this. You also have one woman yelling at once, not 100.

This is a video game, there is no need to be freaking out and abusive. Not that you have been, but there are a lot of people on game forums who take it too far. If they aren't working on the things you want, too bad, it is not your say what they work on or don't. All you can really do is make some suggestions and speak with your wallet.

The forums are a luxury. I really don't know if player attitude has caused the devs to have forum trepidation, but it is not totally unfathomable. I have said it as the cause myself (but it's just a guess). It could be one of the many other theories.

We don't really know anything at this point.:frown:

I don't think anyone has ever had a problem or disagreed with the message, it's quite often the way the message is delivered that causes the problem.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think these kinds of discussions have the impact one might think they do. Look, we're not saying "this game sucks, you suck and we're not going to play your sucky suck game." Quite the opposite, the theme, generally speaking of these forums for the last YEAR has been:

"We want to be here. Give us more reasons to be here."

I'm sorry, I don't really care whether that's framed with a positive or a negative, the fact that there is a playerbase just waiting for some good news so they can be excited about the game they love again should be more than enough motivation.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vikaernes wrote: »
    I don't think these kinds of discussions have the impact one might think they do. Look, we're not saying "this game sucks, you suck and we're not going to play your sucky suck game." Quite the opposite, the theme, generally speaking of these forums for the last YEAR has been:

"We want to be here. Give us more reasons to be here."

I'm sorry, I don't really care whether that's framed with a positive or a negative, the fact that there is a playerbase just waiting for some good news so they can be excited about the game they love again should be more than enough motivation.

I generally I am not too worried if it is framed positively or negatively either.
    It's when it gets abusive that I take exception. Then threads seem to get closed because the players argue amongst themselves, and the message gets lost as it does when arguments arise.

I would like more communication and stuff to look forward too as well.:wink:
    edited June 2013
    So, that link to the information for Flying Lab Software - anybody here actually live in Seattle, or close enough that they can swing by the address listed there and see if it really is Cryptic North? Or at least extant?

(I'm an hour away from there, and my curiosity is not such that I'm willing to use that much gas and then pay Seattle's rather exorbitant parking fees...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, that link to the information for Flying Lab Software - anybody here actually live in Seattle, or close enough that they can swing by the address listed there and see if it really is Cryptic North? Or at least extant?

(I'm an hour away from there, and my curiosity is not such that I'm willing to use that much gas and then pay Seattle's rather exorbitant parking fees...)

I have an ex-girlfriend who lives in Seattle. I'm sure that wouldn't be a weird request... :cool:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think anyone has ever had a problem or disagreed with the message, it's quite often the way the message is delivered that causes the problem.

Cryptic has only themselves to blame for that with the recent management of the game and how its players are treated.

If while knowing that they're providing a sub-par service and opt not to deal with the backlash plus problem, instead choosing to ignore it entirely because it hurts their fragile sensibilities, then they don't deserve to exist as a company. Even better, let a more capable company handle the product.
  • faeya17faeya17 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atring wrote: »
    I have an ex-girlfriend who lives in Seattle. I'm sure that wouldn't be a weird request... :cool:

Screw her, do it anyway!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    faeya17 wrote: »

Screw her, do it anyway!

Now all we need is for Smacky to delete all of the prior messages that provide the context for these two...
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lately, I've been doing the following. Every time Cryptic makes me happy, be it with an event or communication that goes beyond the norm, CO gets a small ($5) purchase.

No news, no purchase. No content, no purchase. So guys... MOAR CARROTS! :) And if I hear the words "we are working on bringing the Foundry to Champions Online", it will be more than a small purchase.

Good idea.

I will pledge that if we get the foundry they will get a large zen purchase from me.
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    personally i am on the fence, i am going to wait and see what happens

deep down i really hope we get something, but the past of this game says otherwise....
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't remember the specifics. Was North working on only CO for the last 6 months or were they working on STO and NWO?

If they were primarily on the others and not CO then I am willing to give them more time.

As far as being angry about no communication? I don't give any cryptic group leway in that area. It is the easiest issue to fix. They can take 10 minutes out of their day and post a greeting. Or anything to introduce the new location. I think it is outright stupid that we have to find out from an outside source about the north facility. That is something that should have been announced here first.

That being said I hope they bring some great things and bring out the tremendous potential it has.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I don't remember the specifics. Was North working on only CO for the last 6 months or were they working on STO and NWO?

If they were primarily on the others and not CO then I am willing to give them more time.

As far as being angry about no communication? I don't give any cryptic group leway in that area. It is the easiest issue to fix. They can take 10 minutes out of their day and post a greeting. Or anything to introduce the new location. I think it is outright stupid that we have to find out from an outside source about the north facility. That is something that should have been announced here first.

That being said I hope they bring some great things and bring out the tremendous potential it has.

that's exactly what i was first thinking about when i first read it. i thought why are we reading this from a 3rd party and NOT the company themselves?

i smell a plot.....
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did you know that the CoX Devs not only consistently communicated with their players, but actually logged in and roleplayed out in-game events with people?

TSW's developers are constantly coming out- at a minimum of once a month- the LEAD Developer is communicating with their players?

DCUO has developer posts constantly, if many of them are more business-oriented than camaraderie based.

There are three superhero MMO's in the works: Phoenix Project, Valiance Online, and Heroes and Villains- all headed up by developers who firmly believe in communication with the very people who make their game possible.

But hey, CO's 'new team' Cryptic North, can't even address their players in the game they've pledged to be polishing up and improving.

One more Superhero MMORPG on the horizon and that's enough to act as pallbearers at CO's funeral if this keeps up.

I worked as 3D Artist for the phoenix project and i can tell you it will be a complete
    disaster but i doubt highly that it be ever released. Most of the "Developers" there are former CoH Players without any knowlegde of creating games.
  • deniskaman95deniskaman95 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know what guys?

You who play this game atm all deserve that treament and you should be kept being ignored. You eat ****(aka play this game) make other people's lifes worse by your pathetic existence (yes you can make smb's life a hell by a simple action or even a word u know) you're all just walking money bags waste of space on this planet and funniest thing is that you don't even realize that you're that bad. I really hope you all would stay in this game forever keeping licking devs ****ty asses and starting to enjoy it over time all while thinking that you're doing everything right and you're just innocent sheeps.

NOW SHUT UP ALREADY AND GO BACK TO YOUR DAILY DOSE OF CRAP.
    edited July 2013
    ...(yes you can make smb's life a hell by a simple action or even a word u know)...
    Trying to illustrate your own point? Because if you were, that was a pretty pathetic attempt.

You're not nearly as good a troll as Shev was, you know.

• lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Speak of Shev as you will, I don't recall it ever being mean spirited when they went on rants. That being said this does not feel genuine and sounds manufactured.
  • clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are three superhero MMO's in the works: Phoenix Project, Valiance Online, and Heroes and Villains- all headed up by developers who firmly believe in communication with the very people who make their game possible.

Two of those 3 MMOs are being developed by former CoH players who work in the industry themselves. They got started up after it became clear that there was no incentive that would ever get NCSoft to sell the IP or code.

Phoenix Project and Heroes and Villains were once the same group, but there were some pretty major disagreements about how to move forward, so they split into two development teams.

The Phoenix Project is actually making pretty good progress. I know a couple people involved in it, and when I have more time I'm going to volunteer to help with writing some lore for it.

This is a message of hope to the fed up players here. If the devs here continue to ignore you, pretty soon you'll have the means to ignore them in return.

Does that strike a chord for you guys? There are games being developed right now that have the potential to take your players away, along with their money.
  • clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bjoernr wrote: »
    I worked as 3D Artist for the phoenix project and i can tell you it will be a complete
    disaster but i doubt highly that it be ever released. Most of the "Developers" there are former CoH Players without any knowlegde of creating games.

Not what I heard, but I also haven't been involved first hand yet.

The only other alternative is to simply quit playing and let Champions die.

And after 2 out of 3 superhero MMOs die or are murdered by a callous software company while the 3rd limps along on life support, no one will ever venture to make a superhero MMO that lets you create your own characters again, because the impression will be that there is no market for it.

CoH still had over a hundred thousand active or semi-active players when it was shut down, a respectable number for an 8 year old game with an aging engine. Champions appears to be dying because the devs don't are about it.

DC and Marvel will soon have 100% of the superhero MMO market cornered, and neither of them actually allow you to create a character that is completely your own. You either play as the flagship characters, or you were "inspired" by them.

If what Bjoernr says is true and the Phoenix Project is a train wreck, that means superhero MMOs with actual creativity involved in characters are going the way of the dodo.
    edited July 2013
    Now all we need is for Smacky to delete all of the prior messages that provide the context for these two...

This forum needs a "Like" button!

• mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This forum needs a "Like" button!

"Ignore" first.

• deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a former CoH player, I've been desperately trying to find a home and the more I play Champions, I see that the mechanics, costume creator, etc have such great promise. But it does seem, even after all of the posts on this forum, that the community has been forgotten (would have been nice to see a Dev post a response).

With the three community-based games on the horizon (Heroes and Villains, Valiance Online, Phoenix Project), at least there is the hope of a development community that will support its players. I've been following the progress of all 3 closely and all seem to be doing well. Valiance in particular has a great deal of ongoing communication via its forum pages and Facebook.

None that I know of (based on my Q&A with them) will have true freeform as we have here but all talk of having a Foundry/Mission Architect like construct. Again, its exhausting trying to prod Cryptic/PWE into really recognizing the value of this game.. I will really miss my power armor toon and other free form toons when these others come out but in the long run, I have to play a game where at least the developers who I pay (I'm a gold subscriber) act like they care about retaining my business.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    "Ignore" first.

Be careful what you wish for....Cryptic has a strange way of interpreting what folks ask for.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    "Ignore" first.

That already exists, but it's reserved for Cryptic employee accounts.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • beleaua78beleaua78 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing I`d be really happy to go gold for in CO is the Foundry I kept hearing about.
    For the love of sweet chocolate...that`s the best ideea I``ve heard in eons! Just imagine how your playerbase would increase knowing they can level up with their OWN content!
    But NO,you actually had to thrash this ideea as well,as you`ve always been doing.Plus...all this silence and secrecy from the devs makes me think there is actually something fishy about PWE and I`m not saying this because i hate them heh :D
    However,if only the Foundry would repair this game it would be way too easy :/...there is much to do and it seems the devs don`t give a f**k for CO anymore.I love this game but unless you can prove us you are actually doing something then there is no reason for a player to keep playing blind hoping that one day a dev there somewhere will wake up...
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A year ago CO Foundry would have gotten me to slap down $300 for LTS.
    Now, even if Foundry was released... I'd wait and see.

They haven't just burned through good faith, they ran a paver and upended a manure truck on it for good measure.

Still, I keep hoping some PW exec flush with cash from NW decides to toss some resource allocation toward CO, just for kicks.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited July 2013
    You guys read my mind.. I'm am so hoping that this means the Foundry will finally be done!!!

zahinder wrote: »
    A year ago CO Foundry would have gotten me to slap down $300 for LTS.
    Now, even if Foundry was released... I'd wait and see.

They haven't just burned through good faith, they ran a paver and upended a manure truck on it for good measure.

Still, I keep hoping some PW exec flush with cash from NW decides to toss some resource allocation toward CO, just for kicks.
    edited July 2013
    You guys read my mind.. I'm am so hoping that this means the Foundry will finally be done!!!

Don't give your hopes up. The Foundry is never coming to CO. Simple as that.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't believe Cryptic North really exists. The abbreviation for it is CN which is also used for Cartoon Network. :biggrin: but yeah, until they say something then I will continue to believe they're not real.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Be careful what you wish for....Cryptic has a strange way of interpreting what folks ask for.

Well, I've just pasted that idea on the post, I don't... really wish anything in due to... well, you described it right.

edited July 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Don't give your hopes up. The Foundry is never coming to CO. Simple as that.

Sigh... then I guess when one of the three successors to CoH come to production (betting on Valiance Online), then I'll be switching.. I gotta have Foundry/Mission Architect
    edited July 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    I don't believe Cryptic North really exists. The abbreviation for it is CN which is also used for Cartoon Network. :biggrin: but yeah, until they say something then I will continue to believe they're not real.

It also stands for Canadian Northern, but that one actually exists, too...

edited July 2013
    I was digging around on a lark today about this announcement. I got curious. Guess what I found?

Nope. Not dinosaur gold. This.

http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/Flying-Lab/

Note the article after the CO announcement one. It says "details for the 2012 state of the game". And yet....when you follow this link and inspect dates....

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=news/article&article_id=271348

you find it's not quite a month old today. I verified this by clicking on the "developer logs" link on the left hand side of the post.

......if this company has been migrated to work "exclusively" on CO....why was a state of the game made last month?
    I draw the conclusion that Flying Lab studios is no more from the gamasutra interview here that states a Perfect World rep confirming the studio no longer exists:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/193707/QA_With_Neverwinter_inbound_Cryptic_founds_Seattle_studio.php

Now I might be totally confused here, and completely wrong and mistaken.....but it sure SEEMS like there's been malarky going on.

Studio no longer exists, as from quote from interview published on June 6, 2013. Yet on June 11th, 2013 studio releases state of the game.

I actually hope I'm wrong here. FIRST FOR ME!! :)

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    'Once again I would like to extend my gratitude, and that of the entire development team, for supporting Pirates of the Burning Sea and Portalus Games. Your continued interest and enthusiasm for the game is what makes this all possible, and quite literally keeps this team going!'

So...They don't have Flying Lab concerned with them, but this Portalus is, so maybe Portalus now owns PotBS and Flying Lab was moved to CO?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I was digging around on a lark today about this announcement. I got curious. Guess what I found?

Nope. Not dinosaur gold. This.

http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/Flying-Lab/

Note the article after the CO announcement one. It says "details for the 2012 state of the game". And yet....when you follow this link and inspect dates....

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=news/article&article_id=271348

you find it's not quite a month old today. I verified this by clicking on the "developer logs" link on the left hand side of the post.

......if this company has been migrated to work "exclusively" on CO....why was a state of the game made last month?
    I draw the conclusion that Flying Lab studios is no more from the gamasutra interview here that states a Perfect World rep confirming the studio no longer exists:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/193707/QA_With_Neverwinter_inbound_Cryptic_founds_Seattle_studio.php

Now I might be totally confused here, and completely wrong and mistaken.....but it sure SEEMS like there's been malarky going on.

Studio no longer exists, as from quote from interview published on June 6, 2013. Yet on June 11th, 2013 studio releases state of the game.

I actually hope I'm wrong here. FIRST FOR ME!! :)

I think that means that Flying Lab is now Cryptic North?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Let's hope that one or both are true. Quick check on that name Portalus does confirm it's the studio that picked up PotBS. Still can't find diddly on Cryptic North, though.

• slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, I THINK I remember in some thread TT mentioned something about having frequent communication with the guys of Cryptic North.

Still kinda fishy that not a one of them has come to the forums or anything and that Cryptic North hasn't been mentioned anywhere on the site/forums. :/
    edited July 2013
    The snark and sarcasm just kept building and building inside of me until I couldn't contain it any longer.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    um... ouch.

adjusting snark sheilding..... max levels.... meltdown in process
    wooooo wooooo
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The snark and sarcasm just kept building and building inside of me until I couldn't contain it any longer.
    Treat our players better.

[Needle scratch]

Prrrrretty much.
    edited July 2013
    Now I want the Seattle Cliche Pack - but add Queensryche and Mudhoney shirts, and a pair of denim shorts that can be worn in temperatures as low as 40 degrees F.

edited July 2013

Pure Awesome man...pure awesome :)
    edited July 2013
    and a pair of denim shorts that can be worn in temperatures as low as 40 degrees F.

Fur-lined? Genuine sheep's wool. Soft on the gonads.