test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Maintenance Tonight

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2013 in Super News Network
Last night, we had an issue where our account server had some instability, causing players to be unable to log in for a while. (No other issues occurred, it just prevented login and probably some trouble transferring ZEN to CO.)

To fix this, we're going to be upgrading our account server tonight, which means CO will be down. Since this is an account server maintenance, there won't be any change to CO proper.

Start: 11:59 PM PDT, 6/27
Duration: Estimated at 1.5 - 2 hours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Start: 11:59 PM PDT, 6/28

That's tomorrow night, not tonight. Do you mean 11:59 PM PDT, 6/27 (just under 3 hours from now)?
    Either they started it early or there's another issue.
    I'm waiting till tomorrow to see if the issue is resolved.

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    That's tomorrow night, not tonight. Do you mean 11:59 PM PDT, 6/27 (just under 3 hours from now)?

Guldangit. Edited post, it's an hour from now.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is this going to fix the, "unable to authenticate" problem?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    It sounds like that's the intention.
    After this maintenance ended my gold status was changed to silver and my account was set to inactive, now I can't resume the 3 month deal you offered last year. My account shouldn't be due for renewal til the 17th.

Yes I've opened a ticket.
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no dice.

As of yesterday, the game launcher no longer works (no hardware or software changes since I was playing fine a few hours before). It runs in the taskbar, but will not show the window to allow me to login. If I launch the game client directly it times out trying to connect to the account server. I have opened a ticket and sent a user dump: ticket #14593375

edited June 2013
    Launching the client directly will never work. The launcher passes some kind of information to the client that the client can't connect without.

The launcher issue seems like one that's been intermittent for some people. See TrailTurtle's post for workarounds: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3304931&postcount=5
    Yeah, those don't work. I've even overwritten the launcher from my other computer, to no avail.

• cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no dice.

As of yesterday, the game launcher no longer works (no hardware or software changes since I was playing fine a few hours before). It runs in the taskbar, but will not show the window to allow me to login. If I launch the game client directly it times out trying to connect to the account server. I have opened a ticket and sent a user dump: ticket #14593375

Same thing happened to me. I went into the properties of the shortcut icon on my desktop and selected the Maximized option on the Run drop down selection bar. I was able to see the launcher. It took up the entire screen, but at least I could start the game.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to ask, if this has not been resolved already, will this attempt also to fix the issue of subscriptions timing out? Or is this no longer an issue?
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to ask, if this has not been resolved already, will this attempt also to fix the issue of subscriptions timing out? Or is this no longer an issue?

They are still very much an issue.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been trying to log into the website for the past hour, telling me I have the wrong password (which it wasn't). I reset it anyway, then it STILL tells me its the wrong password. I tried just now for 'Ships & Giggles', surprisingly it works now.

Is there still something wrong with the account server?
    Tjim6oX.png
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    After this maintenance ended my gold status was changed to silver and my account was set to inactive, now I can't resume the 3 month deal you offered last year. My account shouldn't be due for renewal til the 17th.

Yes I've opened a ticket.

Good luck, they'll blame your bank while also saying you can't spelt your own address, attacking 2 people at once and claiming they never make mistakes.

then go on to mention some code like it means anything to you to explain that "what happened to your subscription is not the same as the issue everyone else is having, despite it being the same issue, and as a result we don't give you the discount rate you were always on."
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing happened to me. I went into the properties of the shortcut icon on my desktop and selected the Maximized option on the Run drop down selection bar. I was able to see the launcher. It took up the entire screen, but at least I could start the game.

You can switch it to Normal after. Ofcourse that may mean that it will happen again....
    I wonder how this thing started to even happen.
    I had it several times, but now it seem to be ok.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013

This is a separate issue. While I know it's frustrating not to hear progress, we are digging into it, we are getting more information, but we haven't yet come to any resolution.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Noticed on the front page that ARC has been implemented is required to download and play Champions Online.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    Good luck, they'll blame your bank while also saying you can't spelt your own address, attacking 2 people at once and claiming they never make mistakes.

then go on to mention some code like it means anything to you to explain that "what happened to your subscription is not the same as the issue everyone else is having, despite it being the same issue, and as a result we don't give you the discount rate you were always on."

Thank you for the luck, I've been following the events on the forums, and this isn't the first time I've had issues with the billing and account systems here. As mentioned in another thread Cryptic's billing system has been buggy for a long time.
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thanks, That worked after a fashion.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI...the chat server for local and Tells(PM's) went offline then I got repeatedly chat banned for 70 hours...

"You have been silenced. You may chat again in 70 hours, 29 minutes and 4 seconds."

Was the message I got, I wasn't actually silenced for that long.

Previous to that, seemingly everyone was chat banned and got a message spammed on their chat.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Thank you for the luck, I've been following the events on the forums, and this isn't the first time I've had issues with the billing and account systems here. As mentioned in another thread Cryptic's billing system has been buggy for a long time.

Yeah... Customer Support is literally all just automated messages it seems.