test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doesn't PWE want our subscription money?

danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
I have several friends who have had recurring subscriptions cancelled, forcing their accounts into Silver accounts. They were set as recurring subscriptions and then, even though they more than had enough money in their banks, PWE cancelled them. One person tried starting the recurring sub up again, paying for a month, then two weeks later PWE set their account to Silver once again.

People are getting upset; they actually want to pay for Gold subs and PWE keeps saying "No", even though they paid for a month of Gold and only got two weeks. This is a public relations and (more importantly) a LEGAL issue that needs to be dealt with ASAP.

-END OF LINE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have several friends who have had recurring subscriptions cancelled, forcing their accounts into Silver accounts. They were set as recurring subscriptions and then, even though they more than had enough money in their banks, PWE cancelled them. One person tried starting the recurring sub up again, paying for a month, then two weeks later PWE set their account to Silver once again.

People are getting upset; they actually want to pay for Gold subs and PWE keeps saying "No", even though they paid for a month of Gold and only got two weeks. This is a public relations and (more importantly) a LEGAL issue that needs to be dealt with ASAP.

-END OF LINE

Well by definition silver brings in alot more money. An item that is free for gold purchased by a silver player usually cost about nearly a month sub for that one item. :p

But seriously, that is an issue they been having lately. I think they are looking into it, or it would behoove them to be looking for a fix because sometimes Gold players also spend beyond their monthly subscription and is usually buying gold sub because they dont want to be silver account. But if they cant be gold, they probably wont spend money while being silver.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've yet to see PWE make a decision that convinces me they want ANY money, much less subscription. If I'd installed this game after March of last year I'd be playing as a Silver AT.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a bank issue with PWE not sending the CW number for the actual billing though they do send it with the $1 confirmation. Whoever is in charge of billing on PWE's end is blaming it on everyone's bank instead of their own. This blame is specifically because they don't know how to see what is wrong on their end.

Take it up on incompetence.

Just keep trying with Customer Service and tell them that they are trying to bill you without using your CW number. Your bank had discovered and confirmed that the issue is on their end for not sending that number.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's somehow magically the fault of all our banks. It's very silly that they won't admit that they have a problem. But the problem is spreading nonetheless and eventually they're going to have to take notice, sit around their table and posit: "Something's wrong here."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's somehow magically the fault of all our banks. It's very silly that they won't admit that they have a problem. But the problem is spreading nonetheless and eventually they're going to have to take notice, sit around their table and posit: "Something's wrong here."

That is how it works around here. All of their systems are perfect, flawless, and never ever in the possibilites of possibility be something wrong they did on their end. :p
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Prepare for 'Lifetime Subscription Sale! Now only $150!!!'. No more monthly subs.
    After the sale, Cryptic announces 'Project X' being made....
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Prepare for 'Lifetime Subscription Sale! Now only $150!!!'. No more monthly subs.
    After the sale, Cryptic announces 'Project X' being made....
    :rolleyes:

wtf? you shaved.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Besides STO and CO, how many PWE games have a sub? I know some of their stuff is buy-to-play (I just picked up one of the Torchlights deeply discounted, for instance), but I don't really know the rest of their library. It may be that they just aren't used to having to deal with subscriptions issues, from a customer service standpoint. That doesn't excuse poor customer service or just plain idiocy, but it might give some perspective.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a bank issue with PWE not sending the CW number for the actual billing though they do send it with the $1 confirmation. Whoever is in charge of billing on PWE's end is blaming it on everyone's bank instead of their own. This blame is specifically because they don't know how to see what is wrong on their end.

Take it up on incompetence.

Just keep trying with Customer Service and tell them that they are trying to bill you without using your CW number. Your bank had discovered and confirmed that the issue is on their end for not sending that number.

CW? you mean the C V V number also knowin as those 3 numbers on the back?

That would only be a issue if there using a recurring card payment (at least in the uk any ways) as the CVV is not used for direct debits. and if the issue is with recurring card payments then you would need to update the card details every time you got a new card as at some point the bank will validate the details and if there wrong knock it back (happened with my comic sub never updated the card details and 6 months after getting a new card I got a email from the shop saying my card details had been refused only issue with the details was a different valid from/to dates)

What can be a issue is if details don't match exactly what the bank expects somthing as simple as having the name on teh account be J. Smith but the name used to set up the DD be J Smith can cause the banks to have a fit I worked in a call centre dealing with customers bills and a good 50% of the calls were in some way related to the bank screwing up the DD and then passing the flack on to us

So before we all start blaming cryptic incompetence don't be so quick to rule out a bank screw up or even just entering your own details wrong and it finally being picked up.

I would say hope you get a good CSA on the perfect world/cryptic side who will go the full mile and investigate everything but well we all know the sorry state of the customer services department
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And, this is what they are saying the problem is. If the CVV is only used for recurring transactions, then the $1 test would go through just fine. The CVV isn't being looked for, so them not sending it isn't a problem.

This would look like the problem was on the other end, because it was probably being rejected by the customers' banks, even though the actual problem is on PW's end.

• Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So there using recurring card payments first of urg there terable things to use from a customers point of view there's just so many bad things that can happen with one and you have have almost zero come back (and yes I do use one for my comic sub but needs must)

If I remember correctly there are 2 versions of recuring card payments the type where you just hand over your card details and they charge your card useing those details every month (or what ever) and then the type where it more like a DD (and in some ways more strict) where the company request a fixed amount from teh card and this gets authorised. 2nd methods not all that common most places use the first.

if it is cryptic not requesting with the correct details then yes blams with cryptic but when it fails the appropriate error will be returned I forget what they are as I've forgotten 90% of my billing training but it should be fairly obvious to who ever on the cryptic end looks at it.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    We're still in the process of investigating this, very clearly something's wrong.

In the meantime, if you had nine days or so of Gold before it reverted back to Silver, I strongly recommend that you check the status of the charge. It's very likely that the payment for some reason didn't get through.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What can be a issue is if details don't match exactly what the bank expects somthing as simple as having the name on teh account be J. Smith but the name used to set up the DD be J Smith can cause the banks to have a fit I worked in a call centre dealing with customers bills and a good 50% of the calls were in some way related to the bank screwing up the DD and then passing the flack on to us

So before we all start blaming cryptic incompetence don't be so quick to rule out a bank screw up or even just entering your own details wrong and it finally being picked up.

And this is what PWE's customer support is claiming and probably would be the case if it was like only one or two of us experiencing the problem.

Thing is, there's actually a whole bunch of us experiencing the problem. There's multiple threads here about the issue covering multiple posters and there's a big thread over in STO about it also covering multiple posters... so which seems more likely to you: That there's something wrong with all of our banks and cards or something wrong with PWE's subscription system?

Remember, the simplest explanation is the most likely and I think a "problem with all of our banks and cards" would require a very complex explanation.
  • Options
    nagtharaknagtharak Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have this problem, i subscribed on June 14th this month, i was offline for 2 days, I come back today and boom im silver and my account is inactive. Really? If they wont solve this problem soon, they will lose many players due to it.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're still in the process of investigating this, very clearly something's wrong.

In the meantime, if you had nine days or so of Gold before it reverted back to Silver, I strongly recommend that you check the status of the charge. It's very likely that the payment for some reason didn't get through.

Pardon me but this isn't very reassuring. I mean what's next? Are Lifetime memberships going to disappear? Are we all going to be reverted to level 1's? The precedent of this, even if fixed creates low consumer confidence, which is an uphill struggle to restore.

TrailTurtle, I'm sorry but this should NOT happen for an internet business. Period. Inexcusable. Think of it from a customer's point of view? Or even potential customers when they hear people complaining of this (and trust me there's been some screaming by a few people in Zone chat already on a regular daily basis).

*shakes head in disappointment and sighs*

I hope this gets sorted out soon for those having an issue with it. There was an issue with payments of Visa Gift Cards, but this seems unrelated to that.

PS: There's also a bug with the Void archetype's defenses (and possibly Lifedrain was nerfed? Seems to be) and the Boomerang Cone power that needs immediate fixing
  • Options
    kazara87kazara87 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Pardon me but this isn't very reassuring. I mean what's next? Are Lifetime memberships going to disappear? Are we all going to be reverted to level 1's?

Well, THAT escalated rapidly, didn't it?

This issue is kind of silly, though. I guess PWE is like NCSoft and has money-phobia.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I actually created a Silver account with Cryptic when the game originally went F2P, but there was some kind of security problem on Cryptic's end that somehow ended with me creating a PWE account. It said I was converting, but whatever I had on the Cryptic account didn't transfer, and I assumed it lost. I actually was afraid to give any money to PWE, after that, until City of Heroes closed. Since then, I've paid for two months, once to check it out, and again when some friends decided they wanted to bust heads while wearing spandex, again.

Now, I'm glad I'm not on any kind of payment plan. If I do go Gold, it'll either be a month by month or lifetime deal.

• Options
    docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was on the $30/three-month plan for a while, then all of a sudden on Saturday I could only log in as a Silver member. The wife investigated and identified that it had been three months since PWE had taken out any of our money, so I just resubscribed as a month-to-month member after realizing their three-month plan was now only a savings of about four bucks, not $15.

Interesting to see this is happening to others, but the reason doesn't seem to be the same for everyone else.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, Cryptic doesn't want our money apparently.

The fact that this is STILL A PROBLEM shows that.

This is absolutely ridiculous at this point.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe that this is still a problem. Any other company, this would be a priority issue and this would be solved.

This is pathetic and sad. Not just this current issue, but their entire handling of this game. It's been one long, slow comedy fall down the stairs since launch.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's all a ploy to get CO players to abandon ship and go to Neverwinter I tell you!

(Assuming that they're not facing the same problems)
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    It's all a ploy to get CO players to abandon ship and go to Neverwinter I tell you!

(Assuming that they're not facing the same problems)

They aren't. Since this issue only seems to be affecting subscriptions, not Zen purchases, only CO and STO should be impacted.
    edited June 2013
    They aren't. Since this issue only seems to be affecting subscriptions, not Zen purchases, only CO and STO should be impacted.

It still feels like it.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, I was responding to the "not facing the same issue" comment when I said "they aren't".
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe that this is still a problem. Any other company, this would be a priority issue and this would be solved.

This is a priority, and we are investigating it, and we'll have a resolution as soon as possible. If you have any additional details that can help us debug this, please, post them here or send them in.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is a priority, and we are investigating it, and we'll have a resolution as soon as possible. If you have any additional details that can help us debug this, please, post them here or send them in.

yeah. But it dont help when the tech support people that respond, IF they respond at all, immediately blame it as user error, or bank error and dont bother or at least give no indication of they are or will investigate.

It's like the only they want to do is blame it on the player doing somethign wrong and close the ticket and that's it.

That really dont build confidence in putting in a ticket or tech support and when I say tech support I'm talking about the customer service and ticket response team in general.

But it's nice to hear from someone that they are indeed looking into this matter and you trailturtle, seem to be doing more than tech support is doing. Sometimes a simple message like the one quoted above can put the mind at ease and let the players know they are looking into it for real. And if I'm not mistaken you are a Community Manager out of all things and seem to give more information about bugs and stuff that go wrong than the people that are the so called tech support. Although I wouldnt want to burden you with a job that isnt your, I truthfully feel more confident in sending a bug ticket to you than to the people that is actually assigned to deal with stuff like that and confident I would at least get a decent answer even if the problem cant yet be solved or the solution to the issue isnt known yet. Me personally I feel better if tech support truthlly just said, "We have no idea what went wrong but we are looking into it." Instead of the, standard script probably, of "Oh there is no possible way it's somethign on our end. It has to be something you did wrong." How would they know without looking? It might be user error but if they start off like that, it comes off as dismissive and assumming when in many cases of mine personly it ended up indeed a bug on their end after they automatically assumed it was all my fault or the bank fault. ALthough I got my sub thing fixed quickly my bank representative laughed their **** off and basically said they are idiots because they did not put in all the information on their end. This wasnt mine or their error. If it was my error of putting wrong information in, it would have declined immediately not go through or any indication of going through then all of a sudden revert, especially if the money already been taken out of the account. But according to tech support, it was error on my end even though they had the money taken out already. Basically I had to go into my account, get the date the time, and call up and get the transaction number that was assigned to the transaction and tell them and show them I had that information. Oh my how they tuned changed. NOW it was error on their end when all the proof I had to get was contrary to error on my end. And sure enough within a day or two it was back on without so much of an apology for automatically saying it's my fault without even looking to see that it was a simple error on their part.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Then please inform your customer support staff that it is an actual problem rather than allowing them to rehash the old, tired "it's your bank's fault" excuse that we know isn't true at all.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaguar40 wrote: »
    Well by definition silver brings in alot more money. An item that is free for gold purchased by a silver player usually cost about nearly a month sub for that one item. :p

Perhaps.
    But strange fact, since all the gold players i knew had quit the game, i don't see any new content for co. (But 2 alerts in 9 months).
    Not enough money to create new content, or not ? :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Perhaps.
    But strange fact, since all the gold players i knew had quit the game, i don't see any new content for co. (But 2 alerts in 9 months).
    Not enough money to create new content, or not ? :biggrin:

Probably more than enough but been funneled to help pay for that fantasy game.

If not, then I wonder where does it all go. Tech support is barely there (Maybe they get paid way too much for doing too little.). Bugs still there that been there for years so bug fixing fund isnt where it went. There is word of a dev or two hanging around but no new major content and those two new alerts couldnt have cost more than a thousand or two to create or someone been royally ripped off, (Those 2 alerts in 9 months) so it aint going there. CAnt be the events, they are recycled from long time ago, so it aint that.

I'm sure the execs. get their cut off the top. :p, maybe that explain why nothing is left over for anything or someone somewhere is pocketing a ton load of cash and laughing all the way to the bank with the cash that could go to towards development.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The same priority that the until fiel report of 07-2012 ? :mad:

If Cryptic didn't send all the QA people and devs on the other games and let this game dying since almost one year, perhaps they could debug this game more quickly.

And sincerely, with all the posts and threads the community had done to give you ideas or speak about bugs in this game and the little % of what cryptic done since 2009, i doubt of the real concrete interest.
    But calm the players for some time with the idea that some changes could be made one day, for a maximum profitability at the less cost (no real cost, because no changes).

Any news of cryptic north ? what they 're working for since 6 months ? Any news ?
    Or even says "hello, we're alive", this could be a beginning, no ?
    jaguar40 wrote: »
    Probably more than enough but been funneled to help pay for that fantasy game.

If not, then I wonder where does it all go. Tech support is barely there (Maybe they get paid way too much for doing too little.). Bugs still there that been there for years so bug fixing fund isnt where it went. There is word of a dev or two hanging around but no new major content and those two new alerts couldnt have cost more than a thousand or two to create or someone been royally ripped off, (Those 2 alerts in 9 months) so it aint going there. CAnt be the events, they are recycled from long time ago, so it aint that.

I'm sure the execs. get their cut off the top. :p, maybe that explain why nothing is left over for anything or someone somewhere is pocketing a ton load of cash and laughing all the way to the bank with the cash that could go to towards development.

Unfortunately, we're agree.
  • Options
    docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, it just happened to me again though I *was* able to confirm I got an email on the 16th advising me that my subscription had ended so...at least there was that.

I've already submitted an email to billing, and will be calling tomorrow, but I'm not giving up my credit card numbers again this soon. Not until I talk to someone, that is.
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Number keeps goin' up. But no gold.

I've been reduced to using a level 6 Inferno to talk to friends and tell them what's going on.

Sort your sh*t out, guys.

Untitled_zpsd608858d.png

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.