test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nighthawk Livestream 4PM PDT, 6/24

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2013 in Super News Network
Friday at 2pm Pacific, CM TrailTurtle will be livestreaming a run through the special Nighthawk event. Make sure to tune in, he'll be giving away three rare Iris Irregular action figures!

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2pm PST? Uh...Carry the Canadian...Damnit, 4pm here. Right when I start work. :frown:

Ah well, have fun with the hawk of the night.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A run? So is there only four chosen, the lucky ones who will queue with you? If so, why three Action Figures only? :confused:

Anyway, I won't be there, it'll be late in western Europe.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    wait, Trailturtle, is this today? when? ME WANT MINI IRIS! :biggrin:

so how do I attend and get a chance at this AF anyway?
    lawblack wrote: »
    A run? So is there only four chosen, the lucky ones who will queue with you? If so, why three Action Figures only? :confused:

Yeup, today. Watch on the stream, I'll be randomly choosing some of the viewers to get II figs. I'll be running the entire sequence, including the instances and open-world parts, so there'll be some chances for the lineup to change and hang out with other people in-game.

Since the stream will only be an hour and a bit, though, it'll be kinda a speed run.
    edited June 2013
    wait so for example if I am one of the people in the lineup to do it with you (this is a hypothetical I know theres like 1000s of players who want to exonerate nighthawk with the famous trailturtle :biggrin:) I wont get a chance at the AF cuz I wasn't tuning in? or does running it with you count as being a viewer?

Turn on stream, go play game.

You can run both at once. <_<
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Turn on stream, go play game.

You can run both at once. <_<

Not many people's computers can do that.
    edited June 2013

I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you aren't still running MS-DOS as your main OS. :rolleyes:

Not many people...Pff.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, good point. I'll try to remember add in a chance for the winner to be one of the players. Good point.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone who came out for this, and I'm sorry it didn't end up working -- for those who weren't watching, the stream computer was patching up incredibly slowly, over an hour and it's still going, and I can't stream on my main computer.

We're (very) tentatively planning to do a stream on Monday, around 4ish. I'll post when we have more details.

speaking of which how do I apply to get a chance at running this with you? I'd really love to see iris in action firsthand and not just by watching the stream if I can.

I won't be taking apps, just whoever fills in. Just watch where I am and follow, I'd say.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone who came out for this, and I'm sorry it didn't end up working -- for those who weren't watching, the stream computer was patching up incredibly slowly, over an hour and it's still going, and I can't stream on my main computer.

Yup... thats the way it is for most of us... any word on Cryptic on how they are going to solve this patch slowness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
    edited June 2013
    And here I thought I missed it because of being distracted by Minecraft.
  • kselichkselich Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You mean there was a better reason for attending, other than passing the time with some good riddles? :biggrin:
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My computer cost me $300, brand new, 4 months ago ($400 if I hadn't gotten it on sale). The only upgrade I've given it is a $70 video card. I dual box, keep Facebook, the forums, and two or three other websites open in the background, a couple spreadsheets for certain game data I'm collecting, a handful of low CPU/memory usage programs, and Netflix or YouTube streaming on my second monitor.

How bad is the average computer if "not many people's computers" can do a fraction of what my bargain basement one can?
    We need to get your system upgraded, TT.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My computer cost me $300, brand new, 4 months ago ($400 if I hadn't gotten it on sale). The only upgrade I've given it is a $70 video card. I dual box, keep Facebook, the forums, and two or three other websites open in the background, a couple spreadsheets for certain game data I'm collecting, a handful of low CPU/memory usage programs, and Netflix or YouTube streaming on my second monitor.

How bad is the average computer if "not many people's computers" can do a fraction of what my bargain basement one can?

And i know who to blame when killer robots take over the world.
    :wink:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to be streaming this at 4PM PDT today, so make sure you're there!
    edited June 2013
    thats 7:00 pm EST US time right trailturtle? count me in I'll be there! (barring emergency)
    let's hope we dont need to tell too many riddles this time :biggrin:

Heh, yeah, 7PM EDT.
    edited June 2013
    Hope everyone had fun with this, it was a good stream. The Stream Commanders enjoyed it too, so thanks for hanging out with Yarris and GMPenn!
    edited June 2013
    So are the winners supposed to pm from their winning twitch account or will they be PMed.
    edited June 2013
    So are the winners supposed to pm from their winning twitch account or will they be PMed.

The latter -- got distracted when I sat down, but I should have those PMs sent out by end of day.
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was this recorded? I would love to rewatch it.
    Tjim6oX.png
    edited June 2013
    chemk wrote: »
    Was this recorded? I would love to rewatch it.

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/b/421399210
    edited July 2013
    Have the figures been rewarded yet?
    edited July 2013
    Have the figures been rewarded yet?

Gah -- not yet, should be soon. Thanks for catching that.