test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One time code

finalwars1993finalwars1993 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
I hate this. I'm not able to change my email address so I can't get my code, and therefor I can't play.
Post edited by finalwars1993 on

Comments

• comicbookhero44comicbookhero44 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    welcome to the full Perfect World gaming experience, hope you enjoyed the ride while it lasted you'll never be able to play Champions Online again every ticket you submit will be answered wtih an automated email and your cryptic account is long gone. Hope you can find a new game!
  • brunasafadabrunasafada Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Me too... I have a silver account and pay for the freeform chars... Now I can't play no more!!!!

If anybody from Perfect World is reading the forum, please, take back to the old password system!!!

I never had any problem with my account, so its not necessary!!!
  • jeckablackjeckablack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i hate that...
  • hawaiihola90hawaiihola90 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So we're not able to play Champions Online anymore or what?
  • sinistercreamsinistercream Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nope. Don't you love PW?
  • nasul7nasul7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah I got the same problem I cant remember or some1 hacked my email I dont know what happened but my email's passoword is not working.This is another account I just made and wanted to play again but IN MY ENTIRE LIFE never seen something like this:when I wanna make a new toon/char I cant use all the posibilities I mean I have just 4-5 hairs to equip....same with legs just TIGHTS and PANTS and I am sure others are the same.I dont know why they made this I never had problems with my account.If I never play again with that accout because of this "new system" of theirs too bad PWI in this case I think you will lose some players.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    when I wanna make a new toon/char I cant use all the posibilities I mean I have just 4-5 hairs to equip....same with legs just TIGHTS and PANTS

That's the 'Streamlined Character Creator'.
    Cryptic made so the new people can jump to the game faster without using the unique and awesome character creator there is. After running thru the Tutorial (Remember to *BLOCK!* the Black Talons attack) and reaching lvl 10? and visiting tailor you can use the "Streamlined" pieces.
    And the merge has been mostly an major clusterfudge....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sava95sava95 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OMG WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD THEY MADE THAT...Like I said before no sense but I try
    Thanks for telling me that ^^ its not big deal for me to take the game from the beggining but too bad I lost my level 37 toon The Unleashed.I try again with this account perhaps this "system" will leave us alone ^^.
    ~GAMERS WIN~:D
  • netjersethnetjerseth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I even tried making another char with another account which is not tied with cryptic... but even so the game does let me go in but... in champions online char creator i get really reduced options on customing my char....

Dont know why though... even pressed default to see if thats not a bug... but even so... no change...

Im really pissed with PW for making this one time activation code thingy and not being able to help the lot of us that unfortunately at the time of our account creation made an account with hosts that doesnt exist anymore or lost the password....

Especially ME... since i have given money to PW on this same account for my Forsaken World chars....

So if its the problem of answering only the PAYING lot... there u go PW im RIGHT HERE... I PAYED! SO HELP ME!...

If thats what you guys need to read to actually SOLVE THE ****ING THING... so be it... you can check my purchases history of course to see that i am actually telling the truth...

So... do something...

I made a ticket yesterday about at least getting the code thingy to my other e-mail which i already described in the ticket or to get a change from my old and unacessable e-mail to the one i also informed in the ticket... so theres no error... no need to delay... i suppose it would be just easy as pressing 3 buttons... so please dont make ME or the people that actually are playing and enjoying the game and needing help... wait for long....

Thank you.
  • limlu1limlu1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Was soll die KACKEEE!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    Yeah.... I blocked Talon's atacks made level 10 and the same THING!!! NO HAIRS NO OTHERS COSTUMES NO NOTHING THIS SUCKS >.< its good that at least I can load one of my prev. costumes and make some changes... but still THIS SUCKS >.<
  • finalwars1993finalwars1993 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And the problem is back...... it didn't ask for the one time code for a week or so........ And now it is asking for it again...... Can a mod just send me it in a PM on the forums please?.......
    edited July 2012
    Hmmmyeaahh now all options are back ;) already made some lvls its not too bad but I WANT MY UNLEAHSED lvl 37 BACK :<
    edited July 2012
    Seriously, I want something done! I payed for things on that account. Payed.

You know, with REAL MONEY.

I linked my Cryptic and PW accounts almost instantly so I have no idea why this is happening.
  • putodeumfilhoputodeumfilho Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :confused:
  • mentasmentas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can get on my E-mail, but it still doesn't matter because Criptic sent me an invalid one-time code!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mentas wrote: »
    I can get on my E-mail, but it still doesn't matter because Criptic sent me an invalid one-time code!

Maybe you email is delayed .. and if you asked for a new code you just got the first now
    but the second that is later sent but not arrived made the first invalid, so you have to check
    your mail again later ? Just an idea ..
    R607qMf.jpg
  • finalwars1993finalwars1993 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My email doesn't work and I've tried to get it changed. Sadly, I can't do that because I have to verify it with my email I can't get on.
  • andoctalesandoctales Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I forgot my yahoo password, so I decide to link it with a new created PWE account...Screwing around in the My Account page, till I click "Create / Manage Subscription..asked me to log in again..they gave me the One Time code..I cant give a better explanation than that...My deep apologize...( Forgive my horrible english )
    edited July 2012
    yeah I forgot it too :< they had to think that maybe there will be ppl like US that forgot their passwords or maybe other accidents -.-
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sava95 wrote: »
    yeah I forgot it too :< they had to think that maybe there will be ppl like US that forgot their passwords or maybe other accidents -.-

Forgot your password :
    https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you however forgot you EMAIL password, that could not really be a problem of PWE / Cryptic.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did somebody solve the problem of "invalid one-time code" yet??? :confused:

I?m a day one member and want to become a last day member :biggrin:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QMYDjCef8
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Beldin, but I forgot my Email password I tried until it says that my account is locked for 24 hrs -,- anyway...I will play on another account of mine.
    But let me tell you something: this problem with Account Verirification happened before right before an update of the game, and right AFTER the update I connected I let the game to update and then I could play....I wonder if now is the same, I HOPE SO!
    Maybe to others happened the same thing ^^
    edited July 2012
    Still nothing.
    edited July 2012
    Still: invalid one-time code
    I got new codes and tried them all... :frown:

I think PWE will not help those people with the same problem.
    edited July 2012
    This thing with one-time code is useless.Let just hope that after this new update everything will be back ^^ :biggrin:
  • rjr2409rjr2409 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wow hopelessly screwed.. hahaha btw sucks 2 be u
    edited July 2012
    rjr2409 wrote: »

If I manage to come back into the game I will duel you! :mad: :wink:
    edited July 2012
    rjr2409 wrote: »

Jesus, I loved that comment. Thanks for contributing so much. /sarcasm
  • lightingnightlightingnight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i had to loose my lvl 30 char i was so close to getting a nightmare and now i will never get it back
    edited July 2012
    Moving to DCUO Is always an option. Like I just did.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Memory leaks are more rampant now then with a video card with 1/4 memory in Closed Beta..[ati]

the why ? [nividia] Vertex Buffer is most common code error im gettign that crashes to desktop.
  • xxxcoaxxxxxxcoaxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its a 60 days code if u dont recive it u gotta wait 2 months
  • amgelosamgelos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tratem de destruir esse modo de seguran?a pois nao presta e nunca vai ser util ta so serve para estragar o jogo se souber como re-inviar o codigo me falen
    :mad:
  • kaylarobinsonkaylarobinson Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :rolleyes::redface::mad:
    edited September 2012
    Give me the god damn code! Don't just lock me out of my account with all of my hard worked for sh*t in it. There's no way in hell I'm starting over.
  • hihimdrdevinehihimdrdevine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Frankly, we quite a few days of play and it's all over! I try to connect, it asks for the ONE-TIME code, but I do not know where to find me! Unleashed level 32! I will not lose! HELP ME PLEASE :mad:
  • sailentosailento Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is ****ing lame... Seriously...
  • qwerdiftqwerdift Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    I hate this. I'm not able to change my email address so I can't get my code, and therefor I can't play.[/QUOTwhats the one time code i need it **** this game for one time code :mad:
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It'll be painful to regain all of my levels, and I'm pissed that I PAID for stuff on my old account, But I'm just starting over.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • superman831superman831 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    welcome to the full Perfect World gaming experience, hope you enjoyed the ride while it lasted you'll never be able to play Champions Online again every ticket you submit will be answered wtih an automated email and your cryptic account is long gone. Hope you can find a new game!
    We can't just find a new game to play. This game is amazing. We just need to find a way to get "another" one-time code.
  • superman831superman831 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We can't just stop playing. We just need to find a way to find "another" one-time code.
  • jazzyjazz119jazzyjazz119 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will never be able to play ever agian without a time code.:mad::confused::frown:
  • frediedi1frediedi1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    one-time code/?????????
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Account Guard and one time code in short:
    Q: What is Account Guard?

A: Account Guard is a system designed to protect the account you use to log into Cryptic games from unwanted access. It keeps track of the computers you have authorized on your account, and notifies you when your account is accessed from an unauthorized computer.

Q: How does Account Guard notify me when my account is accessed from an unauthorized computer?

A: Account Guard sends a notification to the email address associated with your account. This email details the time the account was accessed, and the IP address from which the access was attempted.
    Your account will be inaccessible from that location until the Account Guard code delivered in the email is submitted to the game or website.

Q: What do I do if the login attempt in the notification is not mine?

A: Your account will be inaccessible from an unauthorized location without the Account Guard code that is sent to you. However, if you receive a notification for an authorization attempt that didn't come from you, change your password immediately.

Q: How do I authorize a computer using Account Guard?

A: When Account Guard notices your account has been accessed from a new location, it will prompt you for a special one-time code. That code will be delivered to the email address associated with your account. For this reason, we ask that you ensure the email address associated with your account is current; you can do so in the "Settings" tab of your "My Account" page on our website. To authorize that location for your account, just submit the code at the prompt.

Until you decide to de-authorize the computer, your will be able to access that account, from that computer, without interruption.

If you receive an Account Guard notification from a computer you don't recognize, we recommend you change your password immediately. Instructions and links will be included in the notification that is delivered to your email address.

Q: Account Guard references my "computer name". What is that?

A: Your computer is assigned a name when the operating system is installed. Account Guard automatically fills in this information. If you desire, you can also type a different name for that computer at the time you authorize it.

Q: Can I opt out of Account Guard?

A: Yes. At this time you will need to Contact Customer Support to opt out of Account Guard.

Q: Can I rename the computer name associated with my account?

A: If you de-authorize your computer, and log in again, you can re-name your computer at the Account Guard prompt.

Q: Do I have to authorize my computer with Account Guard for each game separately?

A: No. Account Guard functions across all Cryptic games. If you authorize your computer with one Cryptic game, it will be authorized with all Cryptic games.

Q: Will Account Guard work with my Perfect World account? Which games have Account Guard protection?

A: Account Guard is currently only available on Cryptic Games such as Star Trek Online and Champions Online, but Account Guard will protect your account whether you access those games using a Cryptic or Perfect World login.

Q: How often do I have to authorize my account through Account Guard?

A: Only as often as you change computers. If you remain on the same account and computer, and do not remove authorization, Account Guard will not prompt you again.

Q: I received a prompt to enter a code through Account Guard, but I never received an email. Help!

A: Make sure you're checking the email address associated with your account. Also, be sure to check your spam folder. If you still don't receive an email, contact Customer Support. You may also want to add donotreply@crypticstudios.com to your emails spam whitelist or address book.

Q: Can I generate a new authorization email if the first one doesn't show up?

A: If you log into your account again, another email will be sent to the address associated with your account.

Q: For how long does my authorization code last? Does the code expire if I don't use it?

A: The code will expire after a period of time, after which point it cannot be used. If your code expires, you can log into the game again, at which point a new code will be sent to the email address associated with your account.

Q: I logged into the game but wasn't prompted for an Account Guard code. Why wasn't a code sent to me?

A: If you've never logged into a Cryptic game before, you will not be prompted to enter a code the first time you log into your account.

Q: I already registered a computer with my account, but Account Guard is prompting me for a code. Is there a limit to how many computers I can authorize against my account?

A: Currently, only 10 computers can be remembered on your account at one time. If you go over your limit, the computer that you accessed least recently will be forgotten, and you will have to re-authorize it.

Q: I keep entering the wrong code, and now I can't get into my account. Help!

A: If you enter the wrong code too often, you may be locked out of your account. If this happens, wait a while before attempting to log in again. If you still can't log into your account, contact Customer Support.

Q: How can I ensure the security of my account?

A: First of all, remember to change your password frequently! Also, make sure your password is secure and not easy to guess. For more information on generating secure passwords, follow this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/on...ds-create.aspx
    Keep your password unique. If you have multiple accounts, make sure they each have their own unique and secure password.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thedevanthar1999thedevanthar1999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wtf Is That One-time Code I Can't Play Champions Online Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it read the post directly above its own...
    :mad: F*** THIS GAME! Sense I don't have or don't know what a one -time-code is, I can't play this game anymore! piece of crap
  • firestealthbladefirestealthblade Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My dad told me a one time code is a code you get when you pay for a game, you will get the code, but now that I heard that im not paying this game crap.
  • firestealthbladefirestealthblade Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :biggrin:YES! I've finally cracked it! one time code is nothing but a plain old bug! if you make another account you won't see no time code but your pc name. Then click submit and bam! yer back in the game! if anymore problems, contact me please.