test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 6/13 [Complete]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2013 in Release Notes
We're going to be having maintenance tomorrow, 6/13, with a small patch.

Start time: 7 AM Pacific
Estimated duration: 1 - 2 hours

Release Notes:

-Nighthawk returns! Reprise the Nighthawk event from last August, investigating the reappearance of a former Champion, now accused of villainous activity. Clear Nighthawk's name from 7 AM Pacific on 6/13 through 7AM Pacific on 6/26.

-We've done some tuning to the settings behind chat banning. This should better allow people to rehabilitate after being reported.

Powers changes:

Gas Pellets: Damage reduced by 25% and power can no longer critical hit.
Revitalize: This Specialization can now only occur once every 6 seconds (Up from once every 2 seconds).
Shadow Strike: This power now correctly benefits from bonus damage while either Stealthed or using Smoke Bomb and no longer gets bonuses from both at the same time.
Ego Sprites: Can no longer critical hit.
Massacre: Power refreshes bleeds on target.
Fire Strike: Fiery Escalation: Now properly stacks to 4 stacks.
Ice Cage: Ranks 2 and 3 should now properly scale with your stats and bonuses.
Stone Shroud: Imposing Strength: Should now correctly slow enemies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -We've done some tuning to the settings behind chat banning. This should better allow people to rehabilitate after being reported.

Would you be able to give any details on what sort of changes will be made? And would I be correct in assuming the change is mirrored on Cryptic's other games?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    Would you be able to give any details on what sort of changes will be made? And would I be correct in assuming the change is mirrored on Cryptic's other games?

Unfortunately, no; I'm not comfortable detailing the changes in case that opens the door to exploits.

And apparently the answer is no, the change should be local to CO. Apparently this particular change is not account-wide.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, no; I'm not comfortable detailing the changes in case that opens the door to exploits.

And apparently the answer is no, the change should be local to CO. Apparently this particular change is not account-wide.
    Fair enough about wanting to avoid exploiting. Thanks for the reply. =)
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kallethen wrote: »

They've tapped into the NSA electronic surveillance program.
    Chat ban abusers will be paid a visit by Seal Team Seven.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems odd they won't explain the chat ban changes especially when it's worded in such a way as to imply the victim is the one to blame "so they can be rehabilitated"
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they explain the changes, then the people abusing the system to troll and grief people will know exactly what to do to get around it and continue what they're doing.

Rehabilitate: verb, 1a: to restore to a former capacity b: to restore to good repute : reestablish the good name of 2b: to restore to a former state (as of efficiency, good management, or solvency) b: to restore or bring to a condition of health or useful and constructive activity

From http://i.word.com/idictionary/rehabilitate

None of those definitions imply blame to me. When I read the word, I thought in terms of physical rehabilitation; ie, making a disabled person functional again. I suppose I could see implied blame if you read it as prisoner or drug addict rehabilitation. Maybe a clearer term would have been "restore", but there's nothing inherently wrong with how they phrased it.
    edited June 2013
    add back Nighthawk hood option for bestial head. u remove it for no reason!!!!!!!i waste my money for nothing
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get how explaining how it works now would make it exploitable we already knew how it worked with just spam reporting/ignoring someone, if it's fixed there shouldn't be any exploit
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you can't get into the details, can we get some information on how we'll be 'rehabilitated'? Discussing these measures doesn't strike me as a way to give away the exploits.

I mean, rehab could be one of those nasty methadone clinics in the inner city, or one of those nice resort rehab places that make me actually want a drug problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My hope is that the system will send a ticket to a GM when someone gets chat banned. Then the GM checks the logs to see if they were reported by multiple people at once, if the person was spamming, if there was any communication between the reporters indicating that it was malicious, and then unsilences the innocent party (if applicable), and silences the abusers, stepping up to 3-day or even permanent bans for repeat offenders.

And that a couple live GMs get added, so that there's someone there to review these tickets, and regular in-game tickets.
    edited June 2013
    Wonderful news! ...yay now all the people that seriously destroy the community will be back sooner to be more annoying. Anyone else see the problem also? I mean its so bad i never even see zone chat unless i am looking to buy or trade something otherwise I usually don;t care to see the immature useless trolls there. Great move (sarcasm)...
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, as far as I am concerned, as long as I can no longer be chatbanned for declining ERP, winning a costume category in a CC or owning a specific character, its all good.

As for rehabilitation...I'll assume that it means that if someone is being unfairly targeted. The abuser will no longer see that person's chat permanently and the abuser may or may not be chatbanned themselves or at least suspended from chat for a few days.

Either way, I'm sure we'll be given details in time if we don't already figure it out once it is LIVE.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As for rehabilitation...I'll assume that it means that if someone is being unfairly targeted. The abuser will no longer see that person's chat permanently and the abuser may or may not be chatbanned themselves or at least suspended from chat for a few days..

My guess is that means stuff older then a *week/month/3 months/whatever* isn't counted towards being chatbanned after the patch. So no more being chatbanned by things that piled up over a few years.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    twigger wrote: »
    Wonderful news! ...yay now all the people that seriously destroy the community will be back sooner to be more annoying. Anyone else see the problem also? I mean its so bad i never even see zone chat unless i am looking to buy or trade something otherwise I usually don;t care to see the immature useless trolls there. Great move (sarcasm)...

1- If someone being a troll 'destroys the community', either I missed some super power that internet trolls have, or you are probably being over-dramatic. Also, if a few trolls 'destroys your community', your community didn't have the strength to deserve to exist.

2- If you're 'rarely seeing zone chat', then I don't see what the problem is. If a few minutes of trying to sell something assaults your delicate sensibilities to the extreme you present, then I don't think online gaming is ideal for you.

3- The trolls who say things I dislike? Not a huge problem. A long time ago, when earth was still growing men, we had this thing that was also called 'ignoring' someone, and it didn't require a button! You just stopped caring about what they said, didn't respond to it, and the problem... wasn't a problem! Oh, but this is a new age where the magics of the old gods are a mere shell of the power they once were.

4- It is not your determination who should be able to speak and who should not. If you do not wish to hear someone, an /ignore feature does well enough without silencing them. If you require more than this, perhaps you should establish yourself as a mature person and offer your services as a GM so you can make these kind of judgement calls. Of course, based on your post alone, I vote against you.

5- The trolls who 'say annoying things' are not even a gnat fart in my sphere of comfort compared to the greifer trolls who exploit this silence feature with report spam and /ignore. I can usually shrug off someone saying something I don't really care to see, because I was born during that mythical age where we were still growing men and I don't expect an entire gaming community to cater to my amusement or sensibilities. I am far more vexed by people who would rather have someone muted for 24 hours, just to be a douchebag. Namely, I have been silenced for telling someone to knock of hate speech against gays (insinuating they don't deserve life, calling them 'that F word', etc.). If you look around, most of us who voice our grievances with this system have no legitimate reason to be muted- though we all agree that if you do not wish to hear someone, you should not have to.

YOU should not have to. That doesn't mean that you have the right to determine that the entire community should not have to.

Please think before posting, it makes things easier on you.
  • Options
    lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should leave chat ban alone and just change how you are affected by it,it should not be carried to other games and you should be able to still pm and talk in team.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Please think before posting, it makes things easier on you.

I dunno... thinking is pretty hard... I'd much rather just faceroll the keyboard.

OMGLOLWTFPWNZUNOOB!!

There! Did I do it right?
    edited June 2013
    lamina781 wrote: »
    They should leave chat ban alone and just change how you are affected by it,it should not be carried to other games and you should be able to still pm and talk in team.

They can't do the first part of your suggestion.

There is actually NO chat function in this game, or STO or NWO either. All chat is handled by a fourth server which just runs the chat for all three games. That server doesn't care what game you're in, or even if you're ligged in - it's possible to log into the chat server via a few third party instant messaging programs.
    edited June 2013
    We're up.

I forgot how to Nighthawk.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're up.

I forgot how to Nighthawk.

"It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right.

With your hand on your hips.

You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust.
    They really drive you insane.
    Let's do the Nighthawk again.
    Let's do the Nighthawk again."

I apologize cyber, but I couldn't resist!

:biggrin:

I have very poor impulse control.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch Notes:
    • Gas Pellets: Damage reduced by 25% and power can no longer critical hit.
    • Revitalize: This Specialization can now only occur once every 6 seconds (Up from once every 2 seconds).
    • Shadow Strike: This power now correctly benefits from bonus damage while either Stealthed or using Smoke Bomb and no longer gets bonuses from both at the same time.
    • Ego Sprites: Can no longer critical hit.
    • Massacre: Power refreshes bleeds on target.
    • Fire Strike: Fiery Escalation: Now properly stacks to 4 stacks.
    • Ice Cage: Ranks 2 and 3 should now properly scale with your stats and bonuses.
    • Stone Shroud: Imposing Strength: Should now correctly slow enemies.

(from PTS thread)

Update: More additions thanks to Kaiserin. Some rewording thanks to Gentleman_Crush.
  • Options
    thedoggygirlthedoggygirl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are there release/patch notes detailing the power changes made today, or as one person said in Zone chat, "it's not uncommon for changes to slip in under the radar" ?

(Revitalize spec., Gas Pellets are two that were changed today)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it just me, or did 2-gun Mojo get nerfed?
  • Options
    krixuskrixus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lack of transparency in many of these patch notes is disheartening and shows a lack of trust between player and game.

I can understand if it's an issue between player and server, because yeah, you don't mess with that. But when it comes to player and game mechanics, there shouldn't be any reason to not write down the changes.

...besides, it's not like they're never going to be discovered.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No. 2GM has not been touched at all. These 'missed updates' were all based on older PTS threads and that power was not changed.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krixus wrote: »
    The lack of transparency in many of these patch notes is disheartening and shows a lack of trust between player and game.

I can understand if it's an issue between player and server, because yeah, you don't mess with that. But when it comes to player and game mechanics, there shouldn't be any reason to not write down the changes.

...besides, it's not like they're never going to be discovered.

Usually it's a case of TT being given an incomplete list of patch notes to post to the forums.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If you can't get into the details, can we get some information on how we'll be 'rehabilitated'? Discussing these measures doesn't strike me as a way to give away the exploits.

I mean, rehab could be one of those nasty methadone clinics in the inner city, or one of those nice resort rehab places that make me actually want a drug problem.

The change is happening under the hood, players who were chat banned won't be prompted to do anything additional.

raediya wrote: »
    Patch Notes:

-Snip-
    (from PTS thread)

I believe these are still being tested on PTS, and were not included in this Live push.

Also: Maintenance is complete, heroes!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I believe these are still being tested on PTS, and were not included in this Live push.

Incorrect, TT. This is why we've brought them up in this thread.

At the very least the descriptions have been changed. No doubt the powers have too.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013

They are definitely live.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The change is happening under the hood, players who were chat banned won't be prompted to do anything additional.

Fire Strike's Fiery Escalation buff now properly stacks to 4 stacks on LIVE which was one of the PTS fixes.

People on LIVE are saying that Gas Pellets and Revitalize have been changed though.

I only know about Fire Strike through personal use 2 mins ago :3
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, it seems something isn't Live while it should. The Nighthawk Event.

Also, it seems Alerts are lagging horribly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also, it seems Alerts are lagging horribly.

EVERYTHING is lagging horribly. I'm duoed in a Serpent Lantern, and getting 30-90s SERVER NOT RESPONDING messages every minute or two. Even when 90% of the forum are freaking out about lag, I never get noticeable connection issues. Before today, that is.
    somebob wrote: »
    No. 2GM has not been touched at all.

I want to agree with you, Bob, but my 2GM was doing 2.7-2.8k crits to most things in Serpent Lantern yesterday, and now it's doing 2.0-2.1k crits.
    Normally, I wouldn't even notice the change, but I've been trying to push my 2GM up as high as possible after reading some of the discussions I've seen about 4k crits.

As I said above, I don't really track my damage that closely, so I'm unsure if it's a 2GM nerf, or an across the board reduction (whether intentional or otherwise).
    edited June 2013
    Well, emergency maintenance incoming, it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The issue IMHO is that NW got a HUGE update that's outright killing the patch server. I'm hearing of people in all three games who outright can't get in because the patch server is trying to pass around way more data than it can handle.

So give it a bit of time - people will patch and things will be solved.
  • Options
    tomaantomaan Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I don't understand why they give players the ability to ban each other in the first place? It's just asking for trouble....of course fools are going to abuse it.

And the fact that they won't discuss the changes suggests that they just have a workaround and not a solution, which really isn't too complicated. Let players "ignore" and/or report each other to Mods, but that's it. Don't need to give them any more power than that.
  • Options
    greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch Notes:
    Oooh. Nice.

Now I just need Aggressor to add Enraged! stacks for Aspect of the Bestial.
  • Options
    raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The live server and PTS tool tips for Two-Gun Mojo match each other.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maan..these Server Not Responding Error Messages LOVE Alerts don't they?

I've now been kicked off the server and am unable to get back in due to

Unable to connect to Account Server style messages.

What. A. Win. :frown:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The live server and PTS tool tips for Two-Gun Mojo match each other.

So, what changed? I missed anything on the PTS about the changes to this power.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. The option of Wither in the sentinel specialization tree is not working. No icon appears for it when a character is held.

Here is a description of what it is supposed to do:

*Wither*
    Holds cause target to take more damage
    5% / 10% Less Damage Resistance

2. People can add to hold strength through stats (presence), through gear (+hold strength) and through specialization trees (Dominion in the Presence specialization tree) However, the HP of holds do not seem to be increasing.

The HP of the hold determines the amount of z smashing that needs to be done to break-free from the hold before the duration of the hold has been reached.

It would be very much appreciated if these Critical issues could be resolved ASAP. Thank You.:redface:
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch Notes:
    • Gas Pellets: Damage reduced by 25% and power can no longer critical hit.
    • Revitalize: This Specialization can now only occur once every 6 seconds (Up from once every 2 seconds).
    • Shadow Strike: This power now correctly benefits from bonus damage while either Stealthed or using Smoke Bomb and no longer gets bonuses from both at the same time.
    • Ego Sprites: Can no longer critical hit.
    • Fire Strike: Fiery Escalation: Now properly stacks to 4 stacks.
    • Ice Cage: Ranks 2 and 3 should now properly scale with your stats and bonuses.
    • Stone Shroud: Imposing Strength: Should now correctly slow enemies.

(from PTS thread)

Update: More additions thanks to Kaiserin. Some rewording thanks to Gentleman_Crush.

Reposting to make sure its seen.
    amyjia wrote: »
    The option of Wither in the sentinel specialization tree is not working. No icon appears for it when a character is held.

"Supposed to" as in it was working before but now not? Just need to make sure. Because if it never did work properly then they will ignore you. If it stopped working from this patch then it is "more likely" to get fixed.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amyjia wrote: »
    1. The option of Wither in the sentinel specialization tree is not working. No icon appears for it when a character is held.

*Wither*
    Holds cause target to take more damage
    5% / 10% Less Damage Resistance

2. People can add to hold strength through stats (presence), through gear (+hold strength) and through specialization trees (Dominion in the Presence specialization tree) However, the HP of holds do not seem to be increasing.

The HP of the hold determines the amount of z smashing that needs to be done to break-free from the hold before the duration of the hold has been reached.

It would be very much appreciated if these Critical issues could be resolved ASAP. Thank You.:redface:

Yes Please. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wherp. Guess I was looking at an earlier draft of the release notes email. Editing in the powers to the original post -- thanks for bringing this up with me, folks, much obliged.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wherp. Guess I was looking at an earlier draft of the release notes email. Editing in the powers to the original post -- thanks for bringing this up with me, folks, much obliged.
    Don't let it happen again. We will straight wicker man you.
  • Options
    cluthercluther Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welp, time to drop gas pellets!
  • Options
    colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd agree that gas pellets were doing too much damage, but EGO SPRITES?!? Seriously, how much more can you possibly screw over Telepaths? We ALREADY greatly underperform relative to EVERYONE else, and you're NERFING us?
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
  • Options
    huegrimhuegrim Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is anyone else having launch problems? i think my launcher patched. but all i get is a tab on my task bar and the launcher doesn't load. i've tried uninstalling and re-installing. that didn't work at all. it has been like this all day and i'm getting angry.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reposting to make sure its seen.

"Supposed to" as in it was working before but now not? Just need to make sure. Because if it never did work properly then they will ignore you. If it stopped working from this patch then it is "more likely" to get fixed.

"Supposed to do" as in that is what the description of the specialization says.
  • Options
    zatroviczatrovic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Omg i have big lags now and all time i see "responding to server".
    Repair it please.. -.-
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get it! They're putting people who get chat banned into a mandatory rehabilitation program that you have to pass to be unbanned. :P