test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant open launcher

alvirhcpalvirhcp Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
hello,
i donwload champions online setup from the official page and after installation i open the launcher but nothing happend , de launcher dont start :S
i dont know what to do, someone help me please

Sorry, my english is not good im from argentina , hope you undertands
Post edited by alvirhcp on

Comments

• Options
    ladyluck66ladyluck66 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the same issue...

The game crashed on me two nights ago.

Since then the launcher will not even execute. I have the champions online button on my desktop showing the game is running, but so far, not even a log in screen.

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the game. Downloaded it from the champions website and still nothing.

WTF is going on with your game?

The last launcher patch has apparently messed things up.

What happened? Did the NSA snag your data?
  • Options
    boopea13boopea13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In a way, I am happy to hear it isn't just me :(
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what they did but that patch for the launcher got me as well. Even tried thru STO and Neverwinter Launchers all the same but downloaded PWE's Arc Launcher it is updating game but at a very slow rate, you could try that (http://www.perfectworld.com/arc) I'm not 100% sure if it will work with full patch but seems to be the only option at the moment support doesnt seem to grasp what problem I was having on ticket. Most likely the way I explained it to them.
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alvirhcp wrote: »
    hello,
    i donwload champions online setup from the official page and after installation i open the launcher but nothing happend , de launcher dont start :S
    i dont know what to do, someone help me please

Sorry, my english is not good im from argentina , hope you undertands

English is fine try this http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=227401 started a new thread worked for me
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yep ,it got me as well, I'm running windows XP ,the error minimises the launcher to the taskbar below and wont expand so i cant sign in , it got my neverwinter launcher as well ,any advice from anyone?
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok , i just figured out a way to do it for xp users to do this
    open the task manager Ctrl+Alt+Delete right click on the launcher and select maximise
    sign in and hopefully it will patch
    this seems to have cured this for me on both launchers
  • Options
    thenovamaidenthenovamaiden Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gogoginga, that worked for me too. Didn't seem to patch anything though but could log in and play.
  • Options
    guardianpalguardianpal Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Not sure what they did but that patch for the launcher got me as well. Even tried thru STO and Neverwinter Launchers all the same but downloaded PWE's Arc Launcher it is updating game but at a very slow rate, you could try that (http://www.perfectworld.com/arc) I'm not 100% sure if it will work with full patch but seems to be the only option at the moment support doesnt seem to grasp what problem I was having on ticket. Most likely the way I explained it to them.

Sorry, just enquiring. I've returned recently with a windows 7 computer and since it seems linked with the launcher, I don't receive my one-time computer authentication code by e-mail. You think the program line that asks the game to send me that e-mail got ripped off? Was there an issue before?

I receive all PWE publicities and the PWE customer service mail and my e-mail is verified. So... (And no, spam box don't get them and I don't have a noreply@perfectworld or cryptic filter on.)

So just to see if I'm alone or part of something that was addressed before or in the way to get resolved soon
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Greeting, I'm not sure if this will fix the minimize launcher issue

First off, let say that something filter the launcher to run in Normal Window, that why in Minimize you can see it working fine so as in Task Manager

I tried to reopen it multiple times, use Bring and Maximize option in Task Manager. But I found something interesting around in Properties by Setting the launcher to run in Maximize instead of Normal Window

If it show up in maximize, the full launcher, the log in page then you can return to Properties and return the option back to Run in Normal Window. I seems to fix it. But I'm not sure if it help other players or not, but it work for me.
  • Options
    guardianpalguardianpal Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just to let everyone know. Maybe my case was a separate bug. But it is now taken care of for the game part on my side.

Their technicians must be on your side soon.

Happy 4th of July

(Grr passed the St-John and Canada Day :P -yup a French-Canuck here-)
  • Options
    mastershunpwmastershunpw Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gogogingo that thing with maximize heped me thx:D