test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invulnerability Causing GodMode

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
Anyone else run into a bug that works like this:

Person with Invulnerability has an object thrown at them (pick up and throw), and then the toon with Invulnerability gains damage immunity, or something close to it?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else run into a bug that works like this:

Person with Invulnerability has an object thrown at them (pick up and throw), and then the toon with Invulnerability gains damage immunity, or something close to it?

Yup, in fact I've run up against this bug twice now, early March and today, the person in question took NO damage from NPC's or PvP and could not be knocked.

AFAIK, it has something to do with the pick up and throw mechanism, the person who was bugged was throwing the box when it glitched out, this caused all buffs (healing, form and passive) to be unusable, however combat was still allowed.

The person couldn't be damaged in any way, shape or form.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I have seen this in PvP before. I ran into someone who wrote that I couldn't hurt them, and, well, I couldn't even do 1 pt of damage.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not doubting either of you guys, but there is a device popular in PvP called Eruption. It renders the wearer invulnerable for 15 seconds and can be cycled out indefinitely. The question would be, when you damaged them, did the numbers pop up as tiny numbers, not at all, or as 'Immune?'
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone reported Black Talon taking only 1pt damage per hit for entire alerts.
    Maybe its related.
    edited June 2013
    Not doubting either of you guys, but there is a device popular in PvP called Eruption. It renders the wearer invulnerable for 15 seconds and can be cycled out indefinitely. The question would be, when you damaged them, did the numbers pop up as tiny numbers, not at all, or as 'Immune?'

This is unrelated to the Eruption device. It was being discussed in chat yesterday, including ways to activate the bug, how long it lasts, persistence of the bug once activated, and so on.

The bug occurs when a toon with Invulnerability is hit by a thrown object.

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't his Bug also causing the Player NOT to Do Damage
    I noticed that some players effected by this Bug, Cannot Receive and DEAL Damage and are basically useless

and the Eruption Device has NOTHING to do with this Thread
    we are talking about a Game Breaking Bug here!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well FINALLY ! They fixed invulnerability not causing invulnerability :biggrin:

Edit : i tried it, for the giggles. I was on a level 6 toon with invulnerability, got a dude throw a bench at me, almost died, and nothing. Could still deal/receive damage. Is this a low-rate occurence ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    I noticed that some players effected by this Bug, Cannot Receive and DEAL Damage and are basically useless

Dude, for cereal, calm yourself. Don't need to go all cray cray on me because I was trying to verify that it was indeed a bug in PvP.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avianos wrote: »

Not entirely correct.

They deal base damage of their powers, things which are not taken into account are healing, damage buffs, and defense buffs and forms. Invulnerability Passive is also non showing on these individuals.

Players affected cannot take damage, the combat log will not register the attacks, energy builders for example will only show up as granting energy, but not dealing any damage.

Players affected are also grounded, they cannot fly, teleport, superjump or anything. Teleport can be activated however they are only phased out of existence and cannot travel vertically.

This bug is linked to the Invulnerability Passive and Pick Up and Throw mechanic.

So far this has not be replicated, however if it is replicated, I would urge whoever has been able to replicate it to record it for Dev purposes.

I expect this bug to have an extremely low rate of occurrence as I've only heard about it twice this YEAR.
    edited June 2013
    Hmm.

Being so rare, there is probably another element at play, too.

Maybe a particular type of object, another power/form active, being hit while activating a travel power, or something else.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Being hit by the object, while jumping and making sure it knocks you (down?) right when you jump. Throwing objects into a player does make them fall correct? Might be related to the symptom of not being able to go vertical anymore.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well FINALLY ! They fixed invulnerability not causing invulnerability :biggrin:

Hehe, that really made me laugh :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Being hit by the object, while jumping and making sure it knocks you (down?) right when you jump. Throwing objects into a player does make them fall correct? Might be related to the symptom of not being able to go vertical anymore.

That is probably it. A thrown object carries a knockdown effect.