test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeking Challenge

clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Missions and Content
I'm a former CoH player, and one of my favorite things to do there was solo difficult opponents.

During my 7 years there, I soloed every Archvillain I could access solo, and most of the Giant Monsters that could be found wandering around. And I did most of it before Incarnate powers made it easy for anyone to do.

I also had 3 different Scrappers that were capable of the RWZ Challenge (solo a group of +4s that includes at least 3 bosses, with no temp powers or inspirations)

Basically, I like doing stuff solo that a single character is not supposed to be able to do by themselves. I also enjoy working out character builds that are capable of such feats.

What kind of stuff here in CO would present a similar level of challenge?
Post edited by clawsandeffect on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Solo Gravitar. That's about it.
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Other than back in the day being able to take on Therakiel's Temple solo, there isn't much that you can get into because of forced team queue. You can do Nemcon all on your own, it just won't let you without having a team in there first.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, that's disappointing.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If your just starting out you may find your self challenges but once you have good gear the general challenge quickly decreases.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    Not much for challenge once you hit 40 with moderate gear.

Gravitar is time consuming but quite easy once you get her bubble system down.

All the cosmics are a joke.

Therakiel's temple solo might give you some satisfaction if you go out of your way to pull
    everything. Therakiel could become frustrating on certain builds.

Vikorin could pose some frustration if you aggro his golems on elite.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can solo lairs, like Teileios, Andrith/Vikorin, the undead lair in Canada, Viper's Nest, and several others.

They are designed for 5 people, and can be challenging on Normal difficulty while solo. For a real challenge, try soloing those on Elite.

(waits for posters to say how easy soloing a level 40 lair on elite is)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you really think you're a cool guy: try and solo a Terminator Destroid on Normal in Resistance. Nobody has done it yet.

If you're only looking to be an ultra-super-uber-mega-OP-Min/Max-Tank-guy-thing, then try to solo 3+ Shadow Colossi on Resistance Elite. This has been done by 4-5 people.

These were designed to be unbeatable. Good luck.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you really think you're a cool guy: try and solo a Terminator Destroid on Normal in Resistance. Nobody has done it yet.

I haven't done it on Normal, but does Elite count? :tongue:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, cool. Got some stuff to attempt now.

Never really been one to do something and run to the forums to brag about it. It's more for my own satisfaction than trying to be cooler than anyone else.

Half the stuff I pulled off in CoH, no one knew about it unless they were online and paying attention to the channel I was a member of.

I was pretty proud of the first Giant Monster I soloed (Kraken in Perez Park for those familiar with the game, did it on a Rad/Sonic Defender), and apparently soloing AVs with Scrappers wasn't as common as the Scrapper forums made it out to be, because a lot of people who were online when I dropped my first few were pretty surprised that I did it.

I'm kinda like the guy who disappears for a couple weeks and comes back with pictures from the top of the mountain I climbed while I was gone. Or the guy who goes missing and is found dead at the bottom of the mountain I fell off of. One or the other.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    if you've done it at all it means terminator destroids need fixing. they are supposed to kill anyone one hit hands down no exceptions.

I believe you mean 'Dodge and Avoidance need fixing.'.

Love them as stats, but %Damage Reduction is so bleh compared to them. :tongue:

Also my tank takes two. Big healthbar.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, cool. Got some stuff to attempt now.

Never really been one to do something and run to the forums to brag about it. It's more for my own satisfaction than trying to be cooler than anyone else.

Half the stuff I pulled off in CoH, no one knew about it unless they were online and paying attention to the channel I was a member of.

I was pretty proud of the first Giant Monster I soloed (Kraken in Perez Park for those familiar with the game, did it on a Rad/Sonic Defender), and apparently soloing AVs with Scrappers wasn't as common as the Scrapper forums made it out to be, because a lot of people who were online when I dropped my first few were pretty surprised that I did it.

I'm kinda like the guy who disappears for a couple weeks and comes back with pictures from the top of the mountain I climbed while I was gone. Or the guy who goes missing and is found dead at the bottom of the mountain I fell off of. One or the other.

If you are level 40, you can quickly give the Teleios Tower lair, the Burial caves, Viper Nest, and Andrith Ruins a try (in that order). There are other lairs you can solo, too. You can find missions that reward you for completing them, too.

Here is a link to the various lairs in the wiki: lairs

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    if you've done it at all it means terminator destroids need fixing. they are supposed to kill anyone one hit hands down no exceptions.

I don't think I've every been killed in one shot from one of these unless i wasn't paying attention normally I get away with a sliver of HP remaining (tho i blindly run into a group of destroids and they finish me off)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The only time I encountered a terminator, I got one-shotted and I just laughed and laughed.

Good times.

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Supposedly, the toughest thing in the game is the Shadow Collossus in Resistance. There's a perk for beating him without using the mega D armor suits.

He hits for over 150,000 though so you gotta be able to survive that. There's a few threads about it and even links to video and screenshots of people fighting him.