test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you be ok with no updates for as long as it takes to implement the foundry?

sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
No events, no nothing (except for lockboxes to keep the money flowing) for 6 months to a year but you get foundry.

Would you give up what we have now for foundry later?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
Post edited by sigmaseven0 on

Comments

• jonpen1jonpen1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't the foundry. I want real content. New Zones. New powersets. Better use of Nemesis. Super villain team fights.
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will stick with the updates and the new events though would much rather new zones and new costume sets in zstore. I would like to see an improvement of the regularity of the new stuff since they are allocating these events into bite size pieces.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only if they announce it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd be more than okay with the designers/systems guys doing nothing but implementing the foundry for a whole year.

Get the artists to make new costumes during that year so that we can continue to put money into the game (without costume sets being directly available in the C Store, I have no reason to spend any money. This year is the first year where my stipend has actually started piling up because there was nothing for me to buy Zen for).
    biffsig.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will probably start playing this game again if and only if Foundry appears.

So however that works and your definition of 'ok'.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2013
    If I was sure that it will give us Foundry, then yes.
    Though my trust isn't very high.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, since I've already made it close to a year already without anything- I could handle it.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What updates?

I highly doubt, sadly, that Foundry finds it's way to CO.
    CO is running on ancient Cryptic engine, aeons behind the current one running Foundry.
    They can't fix/update old 'content' without making a compleat overhaul of it.
    Simple costume pieces seem to be a task too great.
    And all the stuff that's been going on for months.

We get Cryptic North. Yay. Without official announcement.

I'll dye my beard pink when Foundry pops in CO.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd go with the Foundry all the way, tired of temporary events
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Dude. Yes. Same here.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, consider that a promise.

I'll dye my beard pink if they bring Foundry to CO.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No events, no nothing (except for lockboxes to keep the money flowing) for 6 months to a year but you get foundry.

Well hell, it's already there now. The events are basically recycled and dont seem to be popular. Seems like most people just rag on it.

So if they do nothing until lockboxes it wouldnt make much difference. It would basically the way it is now. So yeah I would wait a year. There is nothing to give up.
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Considering events are really all they seem to be doing, which I barely participate, and the foundry being more of a CO urban myth, I'd rather give everything up for either:

1. a new zone (including new villian group(s), Multiple story lines, etc)
    2. 2-4 new leveling paths
    3. 3-5 new powersets and 5+ costume sets
    4. a combo any of the above

Foundry? meh
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude. Yes. Same here.

Id dye all my body hair pink if that happens

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If foundry ever does occur I will demand pics of all you pink bearders. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've waited since the minute they announced it for STO. What's another year of no content? A dead game. But if that is one of Cryptic North's focuses after they whip the game code into shape, I'm all in.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I'd be okay with a long wait if we get The Foundry as a result, hands down. :)

Just a friendly reminder for everyone: Cryptic North has barely opened. Yes, good things will come, but it won't be today, nor this week, nor this month. Whatever goods come out of it will take time.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If foundry ever does occur I will demand pics of all you pink bearders. :tongue:

Ofcourse.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, since I've already made it close to a year already without anything- I could handle it.

Pretty much this.

What was the last non-ten-minute-max content we've had in CO? Pretty much a year ago.

So we should've already had the Foundry by now.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd do the same for a serious bug pass. Just sayin.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    What updates?

.....I'll dye my beard pink if they bring Foundry to CO.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would you be ok with no updates for as lonf as it takes to implement the foundry ?

No, because they already do almost no updates since the last 10 months. They already had all the time they needed to bring the foundry on CO.

And more seriously, there is no need for the foundry excuse, to not have updates for the next 6 months. They can do it without foundry. They are enough good for that. :)
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    1. a new zone (including new villian group(s), Multiple story lines, etc)
    2. 2-4 new leveling paths
    3. 3-5 new powersets and 5+ costume sets
    4. a combo any of the above

Foundry? meh

Agree. But i won't bet a buck on this work... for CO.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic has basically said "we'd love too, but....no." for years now. There is zero indication any movement has been made towards bringing the Foundry here.

No matter how many "press briefings." and "New dev team announcements" and other forms of stalling us, you keep asking for this.

Wait for the next iteration of a superhero/enhanced being game too come along.

There will be no foundry here.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd do the same for a serious bug pass. Just sayin.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Before I could commit to this, I'd have to see what the new guys, if anything, are capable of. I think those who point out that the content drought is well underway have a valid point.

That said, I would be willing to join the hair-dying faction. I am very hairy, though, so you might want to be careful what you wish for. :cool:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, BUT...

They can't leave me hanging. Inform me at the start of the project, and keep me informed through the process. That's all I ask. That and the chance to request features.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with the other beardies. I'll grow a beard to dye pink if we got foundry.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited June 2013
    Foundry on Neverwinter is AMAZING.

But I keep weeping at the thought of how much more awesome it'd be in Champions.

(I played a Foundry mission last night where your mind was under attack by a possessing spirit, and the room around you kept transforming in neat ways)

edited June 2013
    I'd still count this game as a stagnant failure if Foundry was delivered 5 minutes from now. There's never been a player designed mission, in any game system allowing it, that impressed me. Its all repetetive crap for farming.
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonpen1 wrote: »
    I'd still count this game as a stagnant failure if Foundry was delivered 5 minutes from now. There's never been a player designed mission, in any game system allowing it, that impressed me. Its all repetetive crap for farming.

ikr. I mean, On Alert missions are sooo much better than a player desig... oh wait... nvm.

:tongue:

At the risk of sounding redundant, any repeatable mission is repetitive and will be farmed if it has a reward people want, so there ya' go.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    edited June 2013
    ikr. I mean, On Alert missions are sooo much better than a player desig... oh wait... nvm.

:tongue:

At the risk of sounding redundant, any repeatable mission is repetitive and will be farmed if it has a reward people want, so there ya' go.

If they can't present content better than what players canj produce from a limited foundry system, then they may as well fold up shop.

Oh wait, that's pretty much what they've done for a year now, nevermind.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2013
    If they can't present content better than what players canj produce from a limited foundry system, then they may as well fold up shop.
    They can't, right now. There is a lot of Foundry missions in NW with better writing, more original and more story oriented than CO had save for adventure packs.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which might have something to do with how player-created content may actually come from people who give a **** about a game's lore.

So yes, I'm all for nothing from Cryptic for however long it takes to ensure that the CORP folks can create content for CO.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I willing to have a stall on content for the Foundry? Sure - I'm not entirely certain I'd notice the loss given the glacial state of things at the moment.

Updates in general? I think that depends on who exactly they need/can spare to work on the project. I'd like bug-fixes and the like to have at least some attention paid to them in the interrim.

However, whatever they decide to do in this direction, a heads-up would be more then appreciated. Doing it blind and expecting people to be patient would be silly.

I want to say more clueing in on what's going on would be nice, but that would kind of assume we were getting any real information (something I've come to slowly doubt) and would require communication in the first place before we can ask for more.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Given the botch job of implementation and the general malaise of how Cryptic has managed little things like bug fixes...are you lot SURE you want them messing things up even further in this game?

Neglect means they're not screwing up something that isn't (overly) broken, y'know.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Given the botch job of implementation and the general malaise of how Cryptic has managed little things like bug fixes...are you lot SURE you want them messing things up even further in this game?

Neglect means they're not screwing up something that isn't (overly) broken, y'know.

Neither situation is ideal, frankly, but of the two, I'd rather them at least attempt to show they care enough to try and fix bugs then not.

Neglect is bad policy. At least screwing up implies a little caring.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

Given that there've been all of four mmos that have had UGC (Saga of Ryzom, City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, and now Neverwinter), it's not like the sample size is large.

If anyone is curious, I can list some of the more envelope-pushing NW quests.

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will take take User-Generated Content GLADLY ANY-DAY! :biggrin: As long I have something to do ingame!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes. Taken as a whole it wouldn't be drastically different from the current state of things anyway.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes. Taken as a whole it wouldn't be drastically different from the current state of things anyway.

^^ Very much this. Also i've already waited for over 2,5 year for the new zone that was promised at some point :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new development team at Cryptic North doesn't give a damn enough to address us with a blog post. If they've been on this since January, then I have absolutely no reason to believe they care. I wanted to think it's good news. And I'll call it as I see it.

Trailturtle is a go-between for use and them, to an extent. I highly, highly doubt he's neglected to tell them that we want some word from them.

This leads me to believe they have absolutely no desire to communicate with us.

I'm not asking for them to come and lay out their plan for the next year. I'm not even asking for their next big project at this point. I don't even expect them to tell us they're working on a costume set or a travel power.

All I've asked is that they come out and say something to the effect of 'Hey, guys- we're glad to be a part of this and we hope we can do great things!'- And we can't even get THAT, which is downright pathetic.

Just a damn greeting. A greeting. That's all. Lock the thread after that one post or blog if you're worried about being swamped with customers' questions and critique.

But yeah, that above being said? If these guys can't get together between the 12 of them and barf up a little greeting, I highly damn doubt we'll see a foundry.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I must have missed the memo on the getting updates part...
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Longtime STO vet here.

Been there, done that. Wasn't worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Don't have to give things up, just start making and selling the stuff people asked for at a price.

Want improved nemesis content? Buy our new premium nemesis content!
    Want a new zone with better drops? Buy our expansion pack!
    Want better emotes? Buy our new emote packages! Or buy them individually at 200 Zen each!
    Want supergroup base hideout or upgrades for existing personal hideouts? Now available!

Let the customers indicate what they love most by what sells best, should be common retail-business-sense, no?

That said, I strongly support the ability to make user-created content. It's what made Valve into such a big company, user-created maps, scripts, admin tools, models, and even entire mods. Hell I still make maps, so heck yeah I'd love the ability to make some maps for people here to really enjoy. I'd love that!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After playing NW I find I am not really interested in foundry anymore, so I don't really care.

Will I sacrifice the non-existent updates though....sure, no skin off my back to sacrifice nothing.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have BEFORE I experienced the foundry morons that appeared in Neverwinter you know who I am talking about.

The pretentious ones that call themselves AUTHORS... they sucked all the joy outta the foundry over in NW :I

Do. Not. Want. Them. Here.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Don't have to give things up, just start making and selling the stuff people asked for at a price.

Want improved nemesis content? Buy our new premium nemesis content!
    Want a new zone with better drops? Buy our expansion pack!
    Want better emotes? Buy our new emote packages! Or buy them individually at 200 Zen each!
    Want supergroup base hideout or upgrades for existing personal hideouts? Now available!

Let the customers indicate what they love most by what sells best, should be common retail-business-sense, no?

hear hear.

I would buy some of that stuff and then the stuff that dont pique the interest I dont buy, but the choice is there if that was to happen.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Considering that, of all 3 Cryptic MMOs, CO sees the LEAST amount of updates; sure (although again, I don't think they can scale back on any updates further then they have with CO to date - other than just sunsetting CO itself.)

And yes, I know about 'Cryptic North' -- but honestly, I've yet to see what influence they've had on CO as yet. For all we know they ARE (and have been) what comprises the current CO Dev team (in whatever form it currently exists), and it may have been that way for months prior to the official announcement of 'Cryptic North' - which did appear on a few gaming news sites, but was never announced 'officially' on CO's (or any other official Cryptic MMO site to my knowledge.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No please, I'd much rather have them rebuild the lairs, do balance passes, add more rampage alerts, add end game content, etc.
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If a "Foundry" were to appear in CO, I think it'd be a good thing. However, it'd also bring a whole new set of problems (depending on it's design); but overall I think it'd be a good thing. All we've had recently is short term events, and I'd rather have something permanent be added 6 months from now instead of more 'two week only' events.

Having come from CoH, I can say that having a foundry like the AE would be pretty cool. The first year it was out, it was the place to be for missions, meeting people, checking out costume designs, and yes... playing new missions. I learned a lot there, made some great friends, and saw some amazing missions (including a "Save the President" one, I'll never forget that one - genius!) . I learned that my tank was wimpy, learned how to get set bonuses, and ramped all my toons up to fairly uber levels - soloing a grind mission on +8 +4 was SOO gratifying. Seems like a lot of people did the same thing.

After a while, the Devs tightened things up, fixed a lot of exploits, and the crowds thinned. I didn't think about it at that time, but the population as a whole was decreasing. I think this was the beginning of the end, we were just too blind to see it :redface:

Done right, I think a Foundry would give Cryptic what it needs to sustain interest until they can do a new zone, or something else really newsworthy. If they DON'T do a foundry, then I expect more than I've been getting this last year.