test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding error with details

axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Okay. Getting irritated with this error- since the patch this morning, I've had repeated difficulty playing CO. I HAVE noticed a couple of recurring effects and catalysts.
1) The problem frequently begins when changing instances. The server will stop responding reliably, either no longer loading after the load bar reaches about 2/3, or else accepting 1-2 commands (including chat) before incessantly rubberbanding and not accepting ANY commands.
2) the problem ALWAYS happens when entering MC.
3) Once the problem initiates, I go through the following sequence: Restart launcher, stops when attempting to check for patches. Restart again, begins the game but stops when checking for characters. Restart again, stops when checking for maps. Then 1-2 restarts before the instance where I joined comes up and stays up. If it stays up for more than 30 seconds, it's fine for about a half hour or until I change instances.
Post edited by axenome on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Problem still occuring, but getting worse. Already been through the faq, tried everything in it, no change.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Further pattern showing up, now ANY entry with the /e command starts it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Game now refuses to start.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Since I'm getting literally no response from in game help, nor here on the forums, I'm probably talking to myself. Which is disappointing, because I AM a paid member, but a quick perusal of the forums seems to indicate that Cryptic cares less about this factor than they do about the price of rice in Antarctica.
    None the less, I will continue to chart my attempts at resolving this issue until I get SOME sort of response.
    I have completely uninstalled, reinstalled, and patched the game. The problem is, if anything, worse.
    True, I'm able to start the game up, which is- or would be- reassuring, except for the fact that I now get between ten seconds and five minutes online, before the not responding message starts repeatedly popping up, and IF a command gets through, it takes between ten and thirty seconds to DO so. Changing to ANY instance of ANY map is now a guaranteed barf, followed by five to ten minutes of fighting to get back online.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Searching forums has gotten me nothing useful. I have port forwarded, restarted modem and router multiple times, flushed dns, reinstalled a second time, and gotten no improvement. My internet is not suffering interruptions, my ping is good until the troubles hit, at which point it goes all wonky. Chat does not reliably work, entering any instance of any map crashes me for five to ten minutes.
    Still waiting on someone to at least ACKNOWLEDGE a problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Alright. I believe I am pinning down the culprit, and it is on Cryptic's end. Any time I enter a map where it stops responding, it's preceded by the in game download of multiple patches, none of which get the opportunity to complete. It seems to be trying to send too much information at once, and since there isn't any discernable queue, the network gives up on completing any of it.
    This is a problem because when it dc's me, it scraps the patches, and the whole process starts over again when I try to join a new map.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Us a proxy patch server at start up, through the Options button.
    I have to do the same thing.

Haven't tried this solution on Neverwinter where this problem also exists.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really? How does that work?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axenome wrote: »
    Alright. I believe I am pinning down the culprit, and it is on Cryptic's end. Any time I enter a map where it stops responding, it's preceded by the in game download of multiple patches, none of which get the opportunity to complete. It seems to be trying to send too much information at once, and since there isn't any discernable queue, the network gives up on completing any of it.
    This is a problem because when it dc's me, it scraps the patches, and the whole process starts over again when I try to join a new map.

Turning off the on-demand patching will stop the game from downloading patches as you play. Instead, it will download the whole game before it lets you log in (which means you have to wait for a big patch when you first select this option). You set this option on the same screen that you select a proxy from: The options screen on the launcher.

cooptions.png
    edited June 2013
    Huzzah! It worked! Thank you to both of you who responded, you guys are an example of awesome.