test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Desert Costumes Request

rabenschwingerabenschwinge Posts: 91 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Hello,

I am looking for inspiration on desert costumes and wanted to know which costumes you specifically created for use in the desert zone.

Traditionally I used a very skimpy look on my main, the Marksamid - curves sharp top and an ultra mini bottom, with oiled skin for the protective lotion. But anyway, the desert is heavily radiated; easily the dirtiest zone in all champions online with all its toxic and radioactive waste. The sun burns also way to bright to run around unprotected so I am looking for something better.

I've patched up a costume made of "persian" parts. But that doesn't really work for either the character nor the zone. It's not 1001 nights, it's the US, after all. Plus, if you drenched that costume in a toxic pool it would be worse than stepping in with naked legs, because the leg itself doesn't only get directly exposed, the punts suck in the toxic as well. Anyway, the new variant looks more suitable than the old one, but it's still far from feeling "right".

Here is the sample of the quick and dirty look I've come up with so far. The wings are not absolutely necessary (by definition she can summon or unsummon them as needed), but they are usually there. The colors are white and gold, but white doesn't have to be the dominant one.

7JTdKcbESqidesaFq8l79P

Characters on Primus DB (and their Nemeses):
Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
Post edited by rabenschwinge on

Comments

• Options
    thecobra22thecobra22 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think when it comes to the desert theres lots of variants to capture the feel for the area in game or just to have a desert theme in general

i got a few characters thatd be right at home in the desert. they are the complete opposite of how your character looks at the moment but maybe theyll help with colors schemes n what not :biggrin:

(just copied these out of my character thread along with a brief character concept summary)

Desert Eagle - Desert camo power armor hero
    Undermine - Miner infused with the power of earth
    Dune Bug -Insectoid creature with earthern powers
    Horus - Egyptian hero with an avian theme
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For practical desert clothing, you want loose light coloured clothing of light material that covers as much of the body as possible, you want your head covered with a hat or hood, a scarf or something you can cover your mouth and neck with, boots and eye protection.

DesertAngel_zps1464be85.png
  • Options
    rabenschwingerabenschwinge Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EDIT. Thanks for the suggestions. I've now decided for one that works for me and decided to never again think about (for the next few hours). It looks tight enough to offer some protection from the environment, covers the entire body from the sun, light enough to not die of the blistering heat, it's symetric, uses smooth clear lines and leaves her waist-line untouched... it's pretty good for that character. Only the way the leg pattern peeks out of the skirt disturbs a little.

0XNEgT1qnI7B196RRYO23t

And interesting byproduct of the process is the Goldcat costume. Too playful for the character but very cute to look at. She's gonna have to be careful not to cut the strings of her bow with the claws, though. ;-)
    http://ubuntuone.com/1Yq8sFmUYUev2rfUxivjpP

Characters on Primus DB (and their Nemeses):
    Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena