test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When being cheap doesn't pay off xD

magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
A while back, I made a clone character with a clone name: Suprboy.
A week after I made him, I hated the name and premise of the character so I changed his costume and bio but got stuck with the name. I resolved to just wait for someone to report him, since I was too cheap to pay for a name change.
... 7 months later...
I'm in the middle of my prime time gaming and my character gets reset and I get a free name change, all good, right?
WRONG!
I also managed to get a 12 hour suspension (for some reason), anyone else see the humor, and somewhat irony in this? :biggrin:
P.S: Does anyone know if I can appeal the suspension?

My main character is Blackflight
Post edited by magemighty1 on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Count yourself lucky its only a 12 hour ban. I think people that make clones should be PERMA BANNED !

You got a free rename get over it. Go outside have a life for the next few hours.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would you appeal? It seems like a pretty cut/dry case (even if you gave up on the intent of it later). And as Nepht said, it's just a 12hr ban - take the day to relax for a bit.

I recommend a stroll, or browsing the youtubes as the kids these days do.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • dancingfatkid101dancingfatkid101 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or spend those 12 hours doing free surveys.:rolleyes:
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    7 months later? That's actually hilarious.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, at the speed CS usually works, your 12 hours will be up before they reply, so... what Nepht and Ukatoenasni said. If the weather where you live is anything like what I have today, you wouldn't want to be indoors anyway.

(Seriously, I shouldn't have walked down the street for lunch. Now I want to find a nice tree in Mellon Park for me and my laptop to sit under, but the office wifi doesn't reach that far.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    We had a company picnic yesterday, and the weather was perfect... except for the wind. Kinda hilarious how much wind we had.

Probably true that we wouldn't be able to get the ticket resolved before the twelve hours were up, unfortunately. Our CS team is good, but today especially is going to slam CS overall, since Neverwinter is officially live.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have to land on the amused side. I have no personal issue with copy, parody, tribute, or clone characters, but I see where the PTB would and do.

I have looked through the ToS pretty carefully, and I can't see where we are prohibited from having multiple accounts, so long as all of the info is truthful. I maintain a "spare" account that is actually for my son, who is under 13. (He only plays when I'm on; it's kind of a bonding thing.) If it's being created to grief or to do anything else that violates ToS, you would be subject to scrutiny, but, unless TT wants to correct me, you could go that route, if you simply must beat on baddies. Otherwise, there are other games, and there are other things besides games.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky its only a 12 hour ban. I think people that make clones should be PERMA BANNED !

You got a free rename get over it. Go outside have a life for the next few hours.

Really Nepht? Take a gander then perhaps reevaluate your position on perma bans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rauYTP4iI

You're a clone from the "Mummies Alive" cartoon.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys, this wasn't a moan thread believe it or not, I was just looking to see if I could have a laugh about it XD

My main character is Blackflight
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Really Nepht? Take a gander then perhaps reevaluate your position on perma bans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rauYTP4iI

You're a clone from the "Mummies Alive" cartoon.

My god I must have invented time travel then because I came up with Nepht for my Champions PnP sessions in 1992 . Ima gonna sell the blueprints for my time machine to Apple \o/

Also shes really Mechanon's fave video game character he loved her so much he made his own version but Taco stole his fave toy. She isnt really a mummy she just THINKS she is.

If anything shes more of an evil Tron/Cortana than some Disney crap that i've never watched . ( Ima aware Tron is Disney crap but I have watched that :P )

Mah Profile and PRIMUS XD

Takofanes was the one responsible for the resurrection of Nepht. Using his immense magical powers Takofanes traveled to the "16 bit dimension". A strange dimension were people trade in gold rings and shout "PRESS A" a lot in an attempt to avoid a curse known as the Quick Time Event. In this bizarre world Takofanes came across the tomb of the feared JRPG villain Nepht. He raised her from her slumber thinking he could control her like he could with any other undead. This proved to be a mistake as Nepht after a decade under his power regained her will and turned on him with a brutal uncontrollable frenzy. Almost destroying him.

If it wasn't for Albert Zerstoiten defending Takofanes for reasons unknown , the Lich would have "died" at the hands of the enraged Nepht.

At first Nepht seems to be magical but studying the data gained from the PRIMUS battle records it seems her powers stem from pure tech. We are fairly certain Nepht and all the inhabitants of her world are some sort of advanced AI and as such her powers tend to be "context sensitive". Her main ability seems to be insane strength ( she has been noted to be able to lift a Mega Destroid and use it as a make shift club to destroy other mechs ). Though she can be "killed" the holographic nanomachines that make up her physical form will rebuild her within minutes of her demise.

She is able to rip through the likes of titanium with just her bare claws. She has the power of flight but she can only maintain it for 30 seconds so she rarely uses this power choosing to use the jet boots in her armor instead.

She is also able to exhale some of her nanobots in the form of a "locust breath" which will break down anything they touch she then inhales the locusts to repair her self.

Unable to determine if Nepht is organic or holographic A.I due to the fact that her "nanomachines" my be akin to our universe's atoms our scientists have classified Nepht as an UALF ( Undead Artificial Life Form ). The information gained from our missions to her Universe about her origins cannot be confirmed as 100% fact as everything there seems to be an artificially created simulation .

But yeah I dont think this cartoon you mentioned is about a computer program that thinks its a B-movie monster. I like you , you big fat Pacman clone but today your just talking bawls :D

Nepht is a Mechanon plot.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I like you , you big fat Pacman clone but today your just talking bawls :D

Nepht is a Mechanon plot.

I ARE NO PACMAN CLONE!!

The avatar is a demented, talking smiley button worn by this comic book character.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited June 2013
    I ARE NO PACMAN CLONE!!

The avatar is a demented, talking smiley button worn by this comic book character.

Don't tread on my dreams. To me you will always be the evil love child of Kirby and Pacman :<
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I ARE NO PACMAN CLONE!!

Heh!
    I THOUGHT that's what it was from!
    I barely remember it anymore, unfortunately, and the few issues that I owned were the victims of housecleaning mishaps over the years. I do remember that I always liked the book, though. That and vain hope that someday they would do a crossover with Johnny The Homicidal Maniac.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please don't sell the time machine to Apple! The result would be overpriced and would only travel 200 years in either direction!

Part of the problem since December, 2012.