test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Pack - Armory

thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Suggestions Box
Okay this idea might sound kind of radical and way out there for the Developers to pull off (I'm being facetious)...but how about it. Currently the Laser Sword powers share (at least in the tailor) weapon skins with Martial Arts Melee weapons. And well that would be cool if the weapon change in the tailor carried over to actual use...but since it doesn't...Lets unlink those powers from Martial Arts and give them their own weapon skins.

1. Holo Hex Blade - uses the same geometric styling as the Holo Hex Armor pieces from the "Power Armor" costume set. Shares the "pulsing" animation as the Cyberpunk Katana. Has a non-pulsing version available for Martial Arts and a Giant version in Heavy Weapons.

2. Holo Hex Field Blade - Hilt looks like the Holo Hex Field piece for the shoulders with the bit that looks like a Turtle's head in the character's hand with a geometric pattern for the blade. Comes in Laser Sword and Ego Blade

3. Tesla Katana - The sword hilt looks like one of the coils from the Tesla Armor set being held in the hand. With some cables as a hand guard and the blade looks a bit like a lightning bolt. Loses the pulse for the martial arts version.

4. Patterned Laser Sword - The Hilt shares all the same patterns as the Patterned Armor set (Classic Skull, Falcon, Vector, Ion, Halo, Apex, etc.). The Energy Blade is unchanged.

5. Sakura Mecha Laser Sword - Shares the hilt and frame as the medium and heavy sakura mecha swords the blade is replaced with an energy field and is specific to the Laser Sword category.

6. Legacy Power Armor Vibro Blade - Shares the pulsing blade effect of the Cyber Katana Looks like the Rune Blade from the Cloak of the Infinite Planes device...has a "Patterns" sub category that lets its blade have the same patterns as Light Armor Tech 1 and 3. (Armored, Flame, Diamond, Steampunk, Art Deco, or Lightning). Has a non-pulsing version in Martial Arts and a version in Heavy Weapons. Basically the runes get changed out for the aesthetics listed above.

Those are my ideas so far for various Laser Sword designs that use the currently existing "Power Armor" costume sets as inspiration for the blade.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The sad fact is the game lacks in all weapons. There are existing weapons in game that aren't available to players that could easily be so.

Not to mention the anime style weapons that are borked and have a muzzle flash at a 90 degree angle.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    true, but outside of a few of the Laser Sword skins that I suggested the resources for the items are still there, they just need to be made available.

The muzzle flash problem on the Anime pistols has a shared problem with most of the Blast powers that use the Fist emanation point (at least the ones that use the double fist animation) look at Infernal Blast, set the emanation to Fist and give it a charge, the power build up is about 90 degrees to the right. With two glowing balls of viscous looking goo.

but if you have more to add to the Armory pack please feel free...lets get this thing, if you'll pardon the pun, fully loaded....

Oh and for the Holo Hex Blade (the physical blade) that I suggested. The hilt would have a hand guard similar to what the Holo Hex Bracers with a handle come down out of it.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simply put, I like everything you've said and I welcome any and all costume additions (if they work properly and don't come in a gamble bag). I back up what you've got here.

I want to see more firearms that aren't cheeseball ray-guns and laser pistols, but are more advanced than the contemporary firearms. There are tons of ways this can be implemented.

I'd like to see something in claws, too- they don't have to 'pop out', but I'd like to see 2-3 energy blades on the fist. I'd even settle for this being a glove. Let them be the same as the holo hex material.

Have some weapons we can mount on the body and wear. Like, more pistol types strapped to the thighs. Weapons like the power armor weapons being back pieces and not being part of a massive backpack.

Then yeah, totally- laser sword needs some variety. That blade looks like poop and that's why I don't use it, ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I want to see more firearms that aren't cheeseball ray-guns and laser pistols, but are more advanced than the contemporary firearms. There are tons of ways this can be implemented.

(disclaimer: just got back from work and am exhausted, but found one of the things you had said hilarious...)

I think it would be kind of awesome to see a "cheeseball" ray-gun....you know a ball of cheese that has a barrel and a trigger... I'm sorry but that's the thought that popped into my head when I read that statement...."Behold the Power of Cheese!" *BLAM!*
  • Options
    dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Support for any fixing and additions to the costumes and weapons, as long as they're not boxed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »

Sakura Mecha Laser Sword - Shares the hilt and frame as the medium and heavy sakura mecha swords the blade is replaced with an energy field and is specific to the Laser Sword category.

laser_10.jpg

see its doable :p
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like this idea. More weapons are good, especially in a game that's been feeling a bit bland with new costume parts/sets lately.

If it's alright to add to your idea, we should have a couple more nonlethal melee items, kinda like the Resistance Nightstick

Things like tonfas or wooden swords would work nicely, I'd imagine.

Also, combat knives for the Single/Dual blade powersets would work too. Military knives, sai, tantō, and dirks or parrying daggers would work awesomely.

Alternatively, tonfa (Bladed or not) and katar would work great as fighting claw pieces.

As for what's previously stated, I agree, munitions needs more love too. Maybe in "classic" and "modern" varieties. I'd like to see more parts for the Rocket Launcher and Heavy Machine Gun, personally.

Oh, and Sniper Rifle, too. Mosin Nagants would be freaking glorious
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ninten92 wrote: »
    I like this idea. More weapons are good, especially in a game that's been feeling a bit bland with new costume parts/sets lately.

If it's alright to add to your idea, we should have a couple more nonlethal melee items, kinda like the Resistance Nightstick

Things like tonfas or wooden swords would work nicely, I'd imagine.

Also, combat knives for the Single/Dual blade powersets would work too. Military knives, sai, tantō, and dirks or parrying daggers would work awesomely.

Alternatively, tonfa (Bladed or not) and katar would work great as fighting claw pieces.

As for what's previously stated, I agree, munitions needs more love too. Maybe in "classic" and "modern" varieties. I'd like to see more parts for the Rocket Launcher and Heavy Machine Gun, personally.

Oh, and Sniper Rifle, too. Mosin Nagants would be freaking glorious

These are awesome to add to the list, however, Katars are already in the fighting claws list :tongue: them, tiger claws, energy claws, spikes and earth claws (I have yet to find and doubt I will because they were only in the Mountain Grab Bag). are the only Fighting Claws skins in the game...well unless you count the Chainsaw Gauntlet in Gadgeteering as technically a fighting claw :biggrin:
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know, speaking of Fighting Claws, couldn't they add not only energy and vibro claws, but energy and vibro bladed tonfas for claws, as well? I mean, we can already use Katars, so it at least wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Regular tonfas and bladed tonfas would work great for claws as well.

I have to admit though, I would LOVE for Power Armor weapons to get a wider variety. Such as energy tech and alien organic versions. Especially if they could be reliably colored and viewed in the tailor. Although slightly off-topic, Power Armor could potentially use a retractable blade power, as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    While doing a taking some screens for my munitions suggestion (on the same character I have a Cloak of the Infinite Planes which produces a Rune Blade for attacking) and while it would be awesome to have it as a Heavy Weapon, it's already flagged effectively as a Laser Sword...It follows the Laser Sword animation, and does particle Damage so why not add it into the Laser Sword portion of this weapons pack....
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /signed
    These are good ideas.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    anybody else have anything to add to the Armory?