test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher - Please Update

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2013 in Super News Network
If you are having trouble downloading the update, please restart your launcher. We've updated the launcher with a small tweak to make this process work, and that update will be automatically applied.

Note: You will see your download progress drop to 0%. This is not a problem. You have not lost progress, you are picking up right where you left off before restarting the launcher.

As more players finish patching up, any issues with slowness or lag should get resolved. Thanks for your patience, everyone, and look forward to seeing you in-game.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• huegrimhuegrim Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think my game client has patched. the problem i'm having is that the launcher doesn't come up. i get tab on my task bar, but that is it. the launcher doesn't load. can you help me?
  • ladyluck66ladyluck66 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem as well.

It just sits there and does nothing.

Task bar icon, but no launcher to even log in on. :confused:

What the duece is going on?!
  • ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ladyluck66 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as well.

It just sits there and does nothing.

Task bar icon, but no launcher to even log in on. :confused:

What the duece is going on?!

Same here. I have that same problem with all Cryptic games currently. :(
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    I spoke with our CS team, here's what I've got:

-First off, try restarting the launcher. Task manager, kill it, reopen. It's possible that it's just incomplete installation of the launcher update.

-If that doesn't work, try bringing the process to the front -- you might be able to force it to the front. Task Manager, right-click the process, Bring To Front.

Hopefully these help, we'll see what happens...
  • ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me this worked now. Right Click the Quick Launch Icon. Under Properties, select "Run: Maximized". The exe itself doesnt allow you to maximize for whatever reason.
  • greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had this issue too; forcing the app to launch maximised worked. Thanks trailturtle & ruprechtvandoom1!
  • huegrimhuegrim Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for the reply. forcing the app to maximize in the taskmanger worked for me.
  • ladyluck66ladyluck66 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me this worked now. Right Click the Quick Launch Icon. Under Properties, select "Run: Maximized". The exe itself doesnt allow you to maximize for whatever reason.

I did that, and the launcher finally came up.

Now I'm having a 5Gig patch to deal with....

Is this because I reinstalled the game, or is the Nighthawk patch JUST that BIG? :confused:

Guess I'll go bake some cookies...
  • toonsquadtoonsquad Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Being able to get into the game is always a good thing. Being able to have few enough lag spikes to enjoy it is always nice too.

Since over a week now I get roller coaster lag spikes at seemingly random times of the day/week. Some days, it's like that every time I try to log on. Last few months or so before this started, no probs at all.

Today, every time I logged on to check my connection (/netgraph 1, run around some) it was pretty solid. Until now. Now I get bounced around like a pinball. If I had some flippers that might turn into a whole other game but none have come with the lag spikes yet.
    "Every time a newb dings an angel gets its wings"
  • wesker04wesker04 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea I tried the forcing idea....still nothing.

No matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, flushdns, maximize in task manager, force close/open, bypass arc, etc i still get nothing except the icon in taskbar and NO GAME.

Im about done with Cryptic if this is what I can expect
  • vancelot13377vancelot13377 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank You I ♥ You !!!!! :*
  • mighty738mighty738 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have tried everything to try and access the launcher, ive tried the task manager tyring to switch to it/bring to front, running as adminstator and running through steam.

It just ISN'T working. The new cybermind update was rolled out to today. What do i do?!

http://materdoreindustries.webs.com/ Materdore Industries.. For a safer tomorrow.

@-The-Mighty-One
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!