test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Chance for Forum Malvanum - Return of Nighthawk

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2013 in Super News Network
This week is the last chance to play the Forum Malvanum story arc. Make sure to cram in your last few gladiatoral battles before Thursday -- when the Nighthawk special event returns!

The Forum Malvanum story arc has been a great adventure, and now it's rotating out for a while. The two race courses and the alert will no longer be available starting on Thursday after maintenance.

That doesn't mean that there won't be any cool events for your hero to triumph over, though. Starting on Thursday sometime after maintenance, the Nighthawk special event returns. Uncover the truth as the once-Champion Nighthawk gets framed as a villain!

Didn't get all the rewards from the Forum Malvanum? Don't worry - it's going to come back in a periodic events rotation. Always keep your eyes peeled to see what's coming up in Champions Online!

Blog post: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=911311
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay!?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yaaay!! content that returns on a cycle!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this time I'll get the story behind Nighthawk as I missed it last time ....
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there still a chance for it to award a Hawkwing? I don't even insist it be one of the highly-valued Prototypes... :)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thedoggygirlthedoggygirl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Is there still a chance for it to award a Hawkwing? I don't even insist it be one of the highly-valued Prototypes... :)

Or at least the costume unlocks from the C-Store Nighthawk pack that I see in the AH from time to time?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Or at least the costume unlocks from the C-Store Nighthawk pack that I see in the AH from time to time?

My wild guess is that the Nighthawk Grab Bag from the old event is gone, to be replaced with the new Nighthawk Lock Box, with similar contents to the original bag.
    Yep. Nighthawk's Secret Case.

Oh well.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • evillegacy1evillegacy1 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I guess that Nighthawk thing, again, is better than nothing, like, I dont know, actual new permanent content.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    Re: rewards, this will be the version of the event after the grab bag was removed. This'll be the version that gives Questionite.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hooray for rotations!!

Any plans on getting back the cursed eyes and other spiffy costume pieces? :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad this is finally happening, and i'd hope the prototype hawks are removed. Also... what will be after nighthawk? Omega Destroid event? I'm still hoping to get a backup since the event was canned very early
  • narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When the Nighthawk event returns, will it be the full event? I couldn't complete last time b/c the final quest was bugged, would love to try it again.
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    ^ THIS! I need those eyes so bad, are they gonna come back TT? or maybe something similar with the aura slots when we get them?

Don't think they'll bring it back as an event in rotation as there wasn't even a mission/alert to go with it. :S
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Aaaaand... yes, another link that lands me in limbo because the website feels a need to redirect me to some non-existant de.perfectworld.eu subdomain.

Can you please tell the web team to bloody deactive the damn redirect scripts for CO already? It doesn't have alternate (language) versions of pages, for cryin' out loud.
    edited June 2013
    thearkady wrote: »
    Aaaaand... yes, another link that lands me in limbo because the website feels a need to redirect me to some non-existant de.perfectworld.eu subdomain.

Can you please tell the web team to bloody deactive the damn redirect scripts for CO already? It doesn't have alternate (language) versions of pages, for cryin' out loud.

This is really all it says.

724b305468f3b74451b013a32e8a797e1370986146.jpg

This week is the last chance to play the Forum Malvanum story arc. Make sure to cram in your last few gladiatoral battles before Thursday ? when the Nighthawk special event returns!

The Forum Malvanum story arc has been a great adventure, and now it's rotating out for a while. The two race courses and the alert will no longer be available starting on Thursday after maintenance.

That doesn't mean that there won't be any cool events for your hero to triumph over, though. Starting on Thursday sometime after maintenance, the Nighthawk special event returns. Uncover the truth as the once-Champion Nighthawk gets framed as a villain!

Didn't get all the rewards from the Forum Malvanum? Don't worry ? it's going to come back in a periodic events rotation. Always keep your eyes peeled to see what's coming up in Champions Online!
    edited June 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    I'm glad this is finally happening, and i'd hope the prototype hawks are removed. Also... what will be after nighthawk? Omega Destroid event? I'm still hoping to get a backup since the event was canned very early

You mean the Destroid invasion from the anniversary? We're planning to get to that one eventually, but not just yet.
  • nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    was about time..was a bit bored with the FM.. :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been looking forward to this, I was unavailable to participate last time it came around, which sucked because I really wanted a permanent Backup Witchcraft or Sapphire device.

Also, if you're looking into rewards, can you PLEASE give PvP a Questionite reward daily and increase the reward for the long adventure packs (especially Aftershock). It's a lot of fun, but it's next to impossible to find a team of people who want to go because it's doesn't have a reward that makes it worth it. Not a hard thing to change, we've been asking since the Nighthawk patch came out initially.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nemez1s wrote: »
    was about time..was a bit bored with the FM.. :biggrin:

100+ Round 10 wins... ZERO action figures.

Countless failures.

Frankly, I don't care if that POS ever sees the light of day again. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited June 2013
    You mean the Destroid invasion from the anniversary? We're planning to get to that one eventually, but not just yet.

Yes, thats the one, i understand it may be a while... i just hope that "may be a while" does happen at some point though. I heard we were getting a new studio so i guess that's hopeful, when will they actually take over?
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, thats the one, i understand it may be a while... i just hope that "may be a while" does happen at some point though. I heard we were getting a new studio so i guess that's hopeful, when will they actually take over?

Cryptic Studio North came fully on board in December of 2012. They have been working on CO (plus STO and NW) for the past six months, if not longer since they were collaborating before then. The question is how long before they are familiar with the game engine and code.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic Studio North came fully on board in December of 2012. They have been working on CO (plus STO and NW) for the past six months, if not longer since they were collaborating before then. The question is how long before they are familiar with the game engine and code.

So... they were already in charge, or was the previous studio still running the show while showing them the systems?
    edited June 2013
    So... they were already in charge, or was the previous studio still running the show while showing them the systems?

That is the real question.

Optimists think that this new studio has been getting their proverbial feet wet by tweaking code in CO, STO, and NW. Once they have become familiar with the Cryptic game engine, they can begin to address issues of bugs, game balance, and added content for which we have been clamoring. And we will soon have a new renaissance.

Skeptics think they have been working on CO for the past six months and we are going to get more of the same. Temporary events and lockboxes with some updates such as new Telepathy powers and Auras.

Time will tell.

I should point out the unofficial announcement of this new studio stated that Cryptic Studios North had been working on STO and NW in addition to CO but would now be concentrated on CO.

edited June 2013
    That is the real question.

Optimists think that this new studio has been getting their proverbial feet wet by tweaking code in CO, STO, and NW. Once they have become familiar with the Cryptic game engine, they can begin to address issues of bugs, game balance, and added content for which we have been clamoring. And we will soon have a new renaissance.

Skeptics think they have been working on CO for the past six months and we are going to get more of the same. Temporary events and lockboxes with some updates such as new Telepathy powers and Auras.

Time will tell.

I should point out the unofficial announcement of this new studio stated that Cryptic Studios North had been working on STO and NW in addition to CO but would now be concentrated on CO.

that was pretty mch what i was worried for when you said they were actually old news by now, i only learned the other day about the north studio and thought they were still being set up, expecting things to improve when they do take over and having more than 2 devs
    edited June 2013
    that was pretty mch what i was worried for when you said they were actually old news by now, i only learned the other day about the north studio and thought they were still being set up, expecting things to improve when they do take over and having more than 2 devs

I may be misleading you with my interpretation, here's a link to the article at Gamasutra:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/193707/QA_With_Neverwinter_inbound_Cryptic_founds_Seattle_studio.php

Sometimes I forget that I'm a bittervet and have anti-rose colored glasses.

:smile:

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I heard that Gas Pellets Crit removal and 25% damage (base) reduction is now in effect on LIVE. Alongside Revitalize X% per 6 secs up from per 2 sec.

Anyone else comfirm this and other changes?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does the Nighthawk Utility Belt bag drop that give you a random temporary device? I REALLY liked getting those!
    edited June 2013
    Does the Nighthawk Utility Belt bag drop that give you a random temporary device? I REALLY liked getting those!

To my understanding, the reward for this is Questionite.