test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bluhman's New Museum

Comments

• honkhillhonkhill Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love this guide, not only is it useful for CO, but any game that uses a character creator with costume sets and colors. Thanks to it I've spent hours just messing with my characters! Of course, some characters of mine continually need a tweak or two before I feel they are just right.

I'm dying to know: what mouth accessory did you use for your two dragon toons? I tried my hand at that look and got everything except the mouth to look right.
    Catch me as '@Rotundo' in game
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
    Good lord, man! You made the Medusa tights look good.

... Are you a wizard?

(seriously, awesome designs as always, Bluh! :biggrin:)

Thanks; for the longest time, I've always wanted to use the Medusa tights for something like this - combined with a skintone, I always envisioned it making for a really good avant-garde/high fashion dress thing. Glad it worked out!
    cascadence wrote: »
    Yeh.. I've struggled myself with REC as primary myself. I only had it in 1 particular scenario to be useful... therefore I only have REC as primary with only 1 character as well.

I see 3 key specializations that must be considered if you want REC as primary:

1) Staying power: this one is quite needed if a) you don't want to stat END and b) your build is very energy needy.

2) Well rounded: while the health boost is okay, the energy boost is fantastic. The same 2 principles of above apply though, its all up to how needy your build is.

3) Super charged: this one is a MUST. Though here's where most of the REC spec comes into... you really need to come up with a build that has MOST if not ALL the time has above 90% of energy. If you manage that this spec becomes a plain 15% buff to your crit, which is huge.

Efficient is useful as well, though depends once more... what you need if you want to achieve the above 90% energy thing.

The way I make it work is with a pure electric toon, REC primary, DEX/EGO secondary. Between the specs mentioned above, plus the energy regen of concentration and ionic reverb, keep me above 90% energy while spamming both single and AOE attacks.

Long story short... yes its a pain in the butt to have REC as primary, and fits very few specs... but when it does fit, oh my its so beautiful lol.

Very valid points! The build I linked for Kigali 6 there is actually outdated, as it uses the wrong specs from the rec tree - Quick recovery was definitely dropped in favor of the Staying Power. I probably should have attempted to use pure munitions and have Killer Instinct instead, but I'm pretty sure getting a Circle of Arcane Power will wrap anything like that up.

But yeah. Thing that lead me to try that build out? A close analysis of all the spec trees in the game.
    Could you make me some more costumes? Again I am gonna make some characters that are videogame characters brought to life, I had some themes in mind

1: Mortal Kombat
    2: Street Fighter
    3: Something based on a horror movie monster like Freddy Krueger, Jason, ect ect
    4: Disgaea

Sure, I'll be glad to try this out! I'm currently not on my home computer, so I'll likely take a shot at this later today.
    I'll admit I have not looked at them all (on mobile and some links don't open) but for what I have see they are overwhelmingly great. Even the simply ones with the seasons such a great ideas!

I wish I could just make random heroes but I can't, I get emotionally attached to them and then they don't call back and then I'm showing up at their house and...oh...I've said too much.

It's understandable - actually, I'm quite personally attached to Chisoku, and after a while, I grow to like some of my other characters a lot as well. I think my all-time favorites I've created/played include the first three (Chisoku, Lady Anubis, and Inspector Steel), Tri-Emerald, Avalon, Phasechange, Radius, Meliora, and Dr. Voltsz and Montblanc. Several of those just because I've max-leveld them recently, and the others because they're actually really fun and powerful in their endgame states.
    In general, though, I like to envision my characters as just that - characters who play roles in a larger world or setting (that I constructed. And actually do have an attachment to.)
    I love this guide, not only is it useful for CO, but any game that uses a character creator with costume sets and colors. Thanks to it I've spent hours just messing with my characters! Of course, some characters of mine continually need a tweak or two before I feel they are just right.

I'm dying to know: what mouth accessory did you use for your two dragon toons? I tried my hand at that look and got everything except the mouth to look right.

Most likely referring to my costume creation guide, but thanks! The nature of costume design is such that "perfect" really doesn't exist. There's always room or opportunities to try and make a costume look better; it's just up to what or who's ideals you will want to size up to (ideally, it'll be your own!) That all said, yes, I too find myself falling into the same creative block when creating some characters.

My dragon characters use various mask accessories to get the look. I suggest looking at the Face Protector and Strapped Mask (without any texture/diffuse, colored a flat color throughout, but any mask could potentially do the trick. Another thing to do is to make the chin geometry of the head very large - to make the 'jaw' of the dragon's head match the pointed snout (or beak of the jack fool mask). Hope that helps out!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    My first and only Recovery superstat character. I say only, because at level 23 she's already being horribly outdone in DPS by most other people in alerts, doesn't handle energy that well, and also suffers from being really fragile. Her build looks like this.
    Also to note, she's rather strongly based on the prototype designs for Aglareth-38947024703270937... Who also happens to be a secret agent from another dimension. Huh.

For better energy management, I probably would've taken CoAP earlier instead of Overdrive. Circles are quick 'n easy to drop and the Gatling roots you regardless. DPS and fragility, though, yeah, Targeting Computer's really on the short end there compared to Quarry.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • honkhillhonkhill Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most likely referring to my costume creation guide, but thanks! The nature of costume design is such that "perfect" really doesn't exist. There's always room or opportunities to try and make a costume look better; it's just up to what or who's ideals you will want to size up to (ideally, it'll be your own!) That all said, yes, I too find myself falling into the same creative block when creating some characters.

Haha, whoops. Yeah, I meant the costume thread (I might throw a post out there). Thanks for the tips - and just so I'm adding to the thread: you seem to have a variety of colorful characters. What inspirations do you take besides comics? Movies, games, books, maybe all three?

The mask/chin trick worked, looks a lot more eyecatching than just putting horns on the reptile beast heads (Not knocking those heads, but sometimes a little imagination goes a long way).
    Catch me as '@Rotundo' in game
    edited February 2013
    The requests got done. Not quite happy with the Atlusesque one, but oh well: Modify these! BARGH

FacadeP2_zps943acb45.png
    Facade (Alt. Colors)
    Here's a version of Facade wearing some more conservative colors. Actually, the palette for this outfit is semi-influenced by the color scheme of Staryu, albeit the red substituted with aqua for a bit of color-scheme complimentarianuss.
    This stance was not made for this costume's super popped collar.
    KickstarterMi_zps1bf0e276.png
    Kickstarter's Impractical Ninja Outfit
    Now this one was clearly inspired by a specific fighting game character. A bit of a shame that the outfit really didn't look correct in any other color than red; both pink and green were flops.
    TorrentOrca_zps956ee174.png
    Torrent (Orca)
    Gimmick here was influenced by a couple of rather impressive cetacean heroes I passed by in the powerhouse; a dolphin and a killer whale. I adapted some of the techniques of the latter to try and make my own, complete with those characteristic eye markings and everything. Because the only proper matching pattern for the lower body included a pre-built in pair of briefs, and also wasn't made entirely of leather, I had to improvise by using the leopard pattern instead. I'll also admit the armor was a bit rushed - directly based off of a design used on another one of Torrent's outfits. That all said, I am quite fond of the base anatomy used to make up this dude - almost want to make a proper character completely based off some sort of, like, psychic whale or something.

edited March 2013
    Card-DaltonSML_zps5add5a4d.png

"Dalton is an utter anomaly. He hails from an ancient, spacefaring empire of humans from Multifaria. However, dreadful multifarian aliens, known as the Malfectors, began to expand their infestive reign across the galaxy, taking several human colonies in the process. Dalton, at the time a skilled lunar marine, was the only surviving member of his batallion to escape the Malfector attack.

His escape pod severely damaged, he was rescued by Multifarian Malvans, who nursed the lone soldier back to health, and infused him with some of their cyborg technology to give him his superior weaponry and armor. Now sending the soldier to our earth, through both space and time, they expect Captain Dalton to seek more formidable specimens and extradimensional beings for the Multifarian Malvans to experiment with and throw into their arenas. All Dalton seeks, however, is the protection of his transdimensional human cousins."

Captain Dalton is going to be my attempt to integrate sonic attacks into a build - namely sonic boom generator. His design is liberally based off of some super-soldier man thing.

Some other characters I was perhaps trying/going to play:
    Harpy_zps3ec76212.jpg
    Harpy

I didn't want just some woman with bird feet and wings on her back. What I was trying to do here was to make a character whose hands were her wings. Only problem is that there's no flying style that makes a character flap using their arms, so I'm SOL for this one.
    Burt_zpse4c01cdb.jpg
    Burt

A knight dude with a stylization I sort of based off of Tim Burton's art style. Didn't have a good build to set it apart, especially considering I already got like 2-3 other single-blade characters out there.
    Pillow_zpse566d9b0.jpg
    "Ghost Pillow"

GP's actually a really old design I had for Michael Sanders. Kind of odd I chose the outfit for him, considering this is much more fitting for an assassin, while Sanders is pretty much the opposite of subtle.

• h0monculush0monculus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ah, i recognize Captain Dalton's colours, metroid fusion inspired right?
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey, Bluhmann. Ended up stealing Torrent's loincloth for a character of my own. That actually looked way better than my own idea.

zhalakya.png

Yes, I know the loincloth part looks weird. It does that in the costume creator, but looks fine in-game.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    h0monculus wrote: »

Knew I wasn't the only one to recognize Samus' design in that outfit.
    edited March 2013
    vendince wrote: »
    Hey, Bluhmann. Ended up stealing Torrent's loincloth for a character of my own. That actually looked way better than my own idea.

zhalakya.png

Yes, I know the loincloth part looks weird. It does that in the costume creator, but looks fine in-game.

Oh, you could scarcely call that stealing. Aside from two pieces, it's completely different!
    Not a bad design at all, regardless!
    h0monculus wrote: »
    Knew I wasn't the only one to recognize Samus' design in that outfit.

Ding ding ding. The general shape and color distribution was metroid-inspired. Originally, though, the orange head/chest area was either going to be green or purple. Didn't like the look of either, so I ended up hitting it a lot closer to home by changing it to orange.

• vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Heh, thanks. I don't like stealing, but if I see a piece that works with what I had in mind, I might borrow it.

And coming from you, calling it not a bad design, is high praise.
    edited March 2013
    Card-PropolistaSML_zps9f61fb21.png

"At a young age, Propolista was stung by a hornet. Initially, she seemed to have a severe allergic reaction that nearly caused her to suffocate to death. Thankfully, however, she survived, but not without considerable psychological trauma - for years, she was terrified of any sort of black and yellow insect.

Over the years, however, the hornet's venom began to mutate Propolista's DNA. Even early on, the signs were visible, with the visible brightening of her normally rose-blonde hair. By the time she had graduated from college, she found that she had the ability to secrete hexagonal 'wax'' solids from her skin. As she began training her ability, she found she was able to use this ability to produce protective shields, and also uncovered her ability to fire venomous bolts.

Having now become resilient to the company of hornets and bees, she decided to take up costume in their honor, donning a specialized winged suit that enables her to control prosthetic insect wings, and most effectively distribute her propolis armor over her body."

PFF tank with Infernal attacks. I seem to be getting a lot more tank builds produced nowadays; dunno why.

Don't got any other costumes right now, but Captain Dalton and Kickstarter now have bios.

• stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Card-PropolistaSML_zps9f61fb21.png

"At a young age, Propolista was stung by a hornet. Initially, she seemed to have a severe allergic reaction that nearly caused her to suffocate to death. Thankfully, however, she survived, but not without considerable psychological trauma - for years, she was terrified of any sort of black and yellow insect.

Over the years, however, the hornet's venom began to mutate Propolista's DNA. Even early on, the signs were visible, with the visible brightening of her normally rose-blonde hair. By the time she had graduated from college, she found that she had the ability to secrete hexagonal 'wax'' solids from her skin. As she began training her ability, she found she was able to use this ability to produce protective shields, and also uncovered her ability to fire venomous bolts.

Having now become resilient to the company of hornets and bees, she decided to take up costume in their honor, donning a specialized winged suit that enables her to control prosthetic insect wings, and most effectively distribute her propolis armor over her body."

PFF tank with Infernal attacks. I seem to be getting a lot more tank builds produced nowadays; dunno why.

Don't got any other costumes right now, but Captain Dalton and Kickstarter now have bios.

I gotta say, in all the years of playing I've never had the desire to make a bug-based toon, but now I find myself wanting to make one. I love the design.
    edited April 2013
    stmoth wrote: »
    I gotta say, in all the years of playing I've never had the desire to make a bug-based toon, but now I find myself wanting to make one. I love the design.

I've actually had several ideas for a bug person prior to this as well - most of them based off of beetles. However, since it's generally really hard to make a character have a distinctive, round, domey shape to their overall silhouette, I decided to drop that concept.

22ae3de1-5fc8-46a3-934b-1837596af9ad_zps31df2da2.jpg

"Former master thief, The Invisible Hand managed to gather an immense fortune by performing precision strikes upon various museums and banks around the US and Canada. His secret was that he was a mutant, capable of bending the flow of light waves and kinetic force around him, allowing him to temporarily render himself invisible, and break through walls with intense kinetically-augmented bullets. By the end of his career, he had gathered nearly 2 million dollars, and was never caught once.

Soon, he grew tired of the thieving business, and retired - only to grow bored. Now, he has come back out of retirement, donning his dollar mask and green suit to become... The Invisible Hand - protector of the US Economy and Capitalist Way! After all, what will he rob if the stores and banks are all vaporized by villains?"

Strange build - the current plan has him using nothing but shotgun blast and a slew of other utilities, such as mines and active offenses.

Card-BaeliphSML_zpsd810f61a.png

"Partner-in-crime and assistant to The Secretary, whereas she is a prosecutor and arranger against souls of the damned, Baeliph is... Well, quite expectedly, a bailiff. A shapeshifting bael, a masterful magician, and just as cruel as his mistress, Baeliph is a deadly warlock to tangle with."

My attempt at a pure DoT focus build, using the basis of Ego Sprites to apply other withering effects to enemies, including Toxic Nanites, Epidemic perhaps, and maybe even that shadow AoE hold that has a DoT advantage. Likely will throw in a lot of other sorecery abilities to make it semi-tankish for the hell of it.

edited April 2013
    Miscellany:
    ImpossibleSoldier_zps29aca1cd.png
    Commander Zeppelin - Dark Armor/coat
    This outfit's inspired by some japanese anime thing I can't remember the name of for the life of me.

Ameribik_zps2ce2bfc9.png
    Pistoljack - Amerikini
    A slightly more detailed shot of the character in my current signature. Created with special methods.
    mainly demoedit and suturing costume saves together.
    HalfandHalf_zpse101bfeb.png
    Phasechange - Transformed Cryo
    A mix of fire/ice motifs. Though, as you can probably tell from the thick fur shawl and snowflake central motif, the ice takes precedence. Which is mostly consistent with the power layout of the character.

9a149da5-167e-48b0-9658-9840b2ec4a97_zps758e6535.jpg
    Albedo
    Inspired by meedacthunist's Deathlark Trasnformer, I wanted to take my own shot at making a transforming robot - this one is based off of the Avalanche Hovertank. See if you can piece how it fits together!

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Amazing designs, bluhman!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013
    They way you did cockpit and canopy on your transformer when it's in robot mode gves me an urge to redo Haywire's costume once more, this time with asymmetrical transformation.
    Well done.
    edited April 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Amazing designs, bluhman!
    They way you did cockpit and canopy on your transformer when it's in robot mode gves me an urge to redo Haywire's costume once more, this time with asymmetrical transformation.
    Well done.

Thanks, everyone!

Main reason why the Avalanche transformer is asymmetrical is... Well, because the vehicle itself is asymmetrical. That said, If I had the ability to like model parts, I'd definitely make some sort of shoulderpad that ran down the side of the arm to do the cockpit window. In any case, designing him revealed to me the fact that there aren't nearly enough cubical costume parts.

• oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What's the loincloth Baeliph is using? Looks like the spiky knight hip gear, but... without the spiky hip gear.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    isee.png

I do quite like Baeliph, I think that's the first time I saw the elk head put to good use.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ameribik_zps2ce2bfc9.png
    Pistoljack - Amerikini
    A slightly more detailed shot of the character in my current signature. Created with special methods.
    mainly demoedit and suturing costume saves together.

Could you please elaborate on your special methods? I'd REALLY like to be able to use the female luchador top without the cape.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You've made some immensely creative characters. I have got to say, fantastic work. I'm envious of your talent with the creator! (Also, knowledge of abusing it.)
    edited April 2013
    Inspired by the vehicle/humanoid "transformers", I decided to create a coordinated flightsuit for my hoverbike:

duskdaggerbike1.jpg

duskdaggerbike3.jpg

duskdaggerbike4.jpg

duskdaggerbike5.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited April 2013
    And my own attempt at a "transformer":

rustraptortank1.jpg

rustraptortank3.jpg

rustraptortank6.jpg

rustraptortank5.jpg
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Inspired by the vehicle/humanoid "transformers", I decided to create a coordinated flightsuit for my hoverbike:

duskdaggerbike1.jpg

rustraptortank5.jpg

Fan - friggin - tastic!

Very awesome character costumes!!!

** Ubiquitous 'bittervet' rage **
    However it highlights how you have to customize your character's color palette to the vehicle's color palette.

** rage done **

Still I Love Your characters look!

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    edited April 2013
    Thread is now Transformer Costume central. Post things that turn into bikes, tanks, different tanks, and planes.

Actually, nah. Could you fine fellows use this thread instead? Better yet, maybe even start up a new one, because I'm certain this would catch on really easy.

edited April 2013
    Ballista_zpsc5f74ade.jpg
    Ballista

This one's actually quite old. Was actually an alt for an extended period of time; a giant, granite golem from ancient ages, who had a wooden crossbow for a right hand. The paradox of playing a giant stone guy who doesn't actually smash anything made the prospect of the character rather unattractive to me for playing.
    Avilancer_zps28e788af.jpg
    Avia

A concept for a heavily-armored bird lancer. A little known fact - full-charge Skewers (with the right advantages) do more DPS than full-charge Annihilate hits. If there was a proper lance weapon available, I'd create and play this design in a heartbeat.
    Karat_zps01d9a1a0.jpg
    Karat/Craton

Current name is Karat; a geomancer with golden skin (actually pyrite-plated). Would use earth attacks combined with ice for 'crystals'. The golden body would also be a green emerald material, if only I could make everything below the face look faceted and gemstone-like (and the name appropriately changed to Craton). The colorscheme of this outfit was actually completed with the use of a Color scheme designer; a triad of contrasting colors.
    ChemArmor_zpsbde0c6c3.jpg
    Chem. Armor

Finally, a test character. This was part of an attempt to create an alien-overlord/juggernaut style character, but then it just degraded into power armor over time (as I couldn't figure out a good colorscheme that made heavy use of black). He was meant to see how the Gladiator Unlock Shoulders worked, as well as testing out an early-90s-action-figure style colorscheme. One useful thing I discovered was that these shoulder pads (at least on males) scale strongly with chest width/depth. So, they don't grow if you make the shoulders grow, but you can make their surface area increase quite a bit by enlargening the chest itself.

• kylexiii#1660 kylexiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a few things that have been bugging me because they completely elude me and I cant for the life of me figure out whatsoever.

So, Bluhman, how exactly did you pull this off?

ImpossibleSoldier_zps29aca1cd.png

and by "this" I mean the boots with the robe, how? that's just awesome.

1122e44c3c2b3668bcb522389fd2a892.png

And this too, these gloves and bracer combo... just how are people pulling it off? do you have any idea?
    edited April 2013
    da5bae33-efe8-49ff-873f-357ea1cfdc9e_zps264f6dbf.jpg
    "A former photographer, Redeye worked for Millennium City news until she was sent out to take pictures of a prototype energy shield being developed at Harmon Laboratories. Unfortunately, this prototype proved to be very sensitive - The engineers at Harmon Labs had prepared the shield to refract laser projectiles and other waves. Unfortunately, what they failed to take into account was what would happen if the shield were hit by some lesser, but still intense, impulse.

Sadly, no one informed Redeye that Flash Photography was not allowed, and so the prototype shield reflected her camera's flash directly back to her, straight to her eyes. On any other day, this would likely have rendered the victim blind, but instead, Redeye's internal structure was imbued with microwave energy - she found herself capable of exuding microwave light and intense heat from her eyes, and after training, other parts of her body. Redeye was born."

Once again attempting to make a character who incorporates Eye Beams in some way. Well, actually, since it also uses Plasma Beam to murder everything, it's more of a non-robotic power armor character. Uses AoPM + Recovery to maintain high energy reserves, and utilize Supercharged Specialization to have extreme critical rates.

The lack of variance in red shades is troubling, and makes it very hard to make good gradients/contrasts using that shade.

edited May 2013
    Litho_zps5d22d03d.png
    Lithoveritatum

So this is my attempt to create a stone golem/earth character. Original design was a lot more stone based, and now there's a bunch of steel inundated into the whole thing. So, pure stone: Good at knock, good at control, good hit area, crap damage.
    Darkmage_zps4f0529c3.png
    Dark Mage dude

Since Nocturno was such a blase concept (seriously, he and Coulrophobia had the same builds - One was Clown Batman and the other was Russian Batman), he got switched around into this grim fellow - a Mage overlord who uses magical power to imbue himself with immense physical power. Basically, a might/magic character who stands inside protective circles, and uses spells to pull targets in and punch them to death.

Sheesh, I make too many armor characters. They should really come out with a tights/clothing set or something.

• kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok...Lithoveritatum?

He's just schuper kewl!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
    edited June 2013
    Making new costumes (well, characters) is really slow-going when you don't have any open character slots. At this point I'm just Canonizing old stuff.

Card-Etriden_zps9f0f6f15.png

"Known by many as the Sword King, Etriden was a high lord of Medieval Wales, who ruled over his domain with an iron fist. A master of the black arts, he trained himself and his army in the way of magic and swordplay, extending their reach far across the British Isles. The reign ended, however, when Gaelic invaders from the south overran the kingdom, having a witch curse the king and bind his soul to a sword.

Having only been recently released, his only way to exist in the real world is as a phantom - whoever wields the cursed sword he is trapped in becomes his thrall and form. Though stuck between phantom and sword forms, he is an extremely deadly warlock, who makes up for his lack of corporeal weapon by using his deadly magic smashes."

He's still a weird might/sorcery mixup. That sword he has there is just for show/what he looks like when he's not a ghost king/mage.

Card-Lithoveritatum_zps9ec5efac.png

"One of the few golems surviving to this day, Lithoveritatum was confiscated by the Roman Empire during their original advance into Jerusalem. The golem was soon shipped back to Rome, where the emperor accepted it as his personal guardian and servant. After the emperor's death, the golem was consigned to defend his tomb.

Lithoveritatum remained vigilant - even to the period where Italian anthropologists tried to access the tomb, only to be driven off by the stone figure. The solution to the problem was simple; disable the golem by erasing the word of truth from its head, allowing clear access to the tomb. The golem itself was kept as a special exhibit for the Museum back in Rome.

However, Lithoveritatum was soon stolen afterwards - and given life once again. Not only that, but he was also given sentience - a much more potent version of the life-giving enchantment used to make golems. From that point onward, Lithoveritatum made it clear he was here to stay, and make it his duty to offer assistance wherever it was needed."

Card-Blateant_zpsb1ef0ed3.png

"A fairly young genius and inventor, Blate Ant was responsible for inventing a shrink ray, which he was determined to use to take closer looks at the habits and inner workings of mice, cells, and (eventually) atoms. However, his shrink ray had a few bugs - one being that the person who was shrunk would have proportionally herculean strength - as well as very strange sight problems.

Eventually, Blate Ant decided to design glasses and an outfit to counteract the bugs, and turned his shrink ray into a portable superhero form. Blate Ant, since creating the shrink ray, also managed to make growth addons, that allow him to proportionally increase his size and strength in the heat of combat."

Your typical growth-might DPS dude - only, instead of growing to be a huge hulking creature, Blate here only becomes average-sized after reaching 8 full stacks. In retrospect, I probably should have specced him to use Shadow Warrior, if only for the fact that it sort of makes sense for a guy who runs around as a 1-foot tall ant person.

And yes, that civilian form uses 2 hairstyles stacked on top of eachother. Only because showing him off with any other hairstyle makes him look boring. Shame I can't actually look like that!

Let's hope the forums site scales down the images so that they don't break tables like crazy.

edited June 2013
    Blate Ant

I c wat u did thar.

King Etridan and Lithoveritatum (true stone?) look awesome. Normally I think the Ancient Armor chestpiece looks clumsy but here it just looks badass.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oniganon wrote: »
    King Etridan and Lithoveritatum (true stone?) look awesome. Normally I think the Ancient Armor chestpiece looks clumsy but here it just looks badass.

At least on females its just... yeah quite clumsy as you said. On males its actually not so bad I've seen a couple of terrific costumes using that costume piece.

Great costumes as always blu!! loved them specially Lithoveritatum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • nixxbainenixxbaine Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Card-Blateant_zpsb1ef0ed3.png

"A fairly young genius and inventor, Blate Ant was responsible for inventing a shrink ray, which he was determined to use to take closer looks at the habits and inner workings of mice, cells, and (eventually) atoms. However, his shrink ray had a few bugs - one being that the person who was shrunk would have proportionally herculean strength - as well as very strange sight problems.

Eventually, Blate Ant decided to design glasses and an outfit to counteract the bugs, and turned his shrink ray into a portable superhero form. Blate Ant, since creating the shrink ray, also managed to make growth addons, that allow him to proportionally increase his size and strength in the heat of combat."

Your typical growth-might DPS dude - only, instead of growing to be a huge hulking creature, Blate here only becomes average-sized after reaching 8 full stacks. In retrospect, I probably should have specced him to use Shadow Warrior, if only for the fact that it sort of makes sense for a guy who runs around as a 1-foot tall ant person.

And yes, that civilian form uses 2 hairstyles stacked on top of eachother. Only because showing him off with any other hairstyle makes him look boring. Shame I can't actually look like that!

Let's hope the forums site scales down the images so that they don't break tables like crazy.

Thats amazing, hell I'd be happy to see the build! How'd you make the ant size though? Start him off as the shortest height or something?
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! I swear, I'd have more outfits to show off if I had any more character slots - for whatever reason, it's way harder to design from the ground up in the in-game tailor and I have no why. (it also makes no sense because the lighting in the in-game tailor is way better!)
    nixxbaine wrote: »
    Thats amazing, hell I'd be happy to see the build! How'd you make the ant size though? Start him off as the shortest height or something?

BlateAnt there is using a shrinker device. Without that on, he's still quite short - minimal height, in fact. In combat, at 8 enrage stacks, he comes up to average height.

• jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    more great designs as usual
    edited June 2013
    I love Cyborg and Redeye. Cyborg has an excellent composition and color scheme selection lurbs him to death. And Redeye has a very very cool hairstyle thanks to the hair composition thing... which I might test one day lol, seems you can do really cool stuff with it.

Anyho... quick question, how did you get that pose on the redeye screenie? looks terrific!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Heh, I used to play as Fulgore. Nice work. Really wish the upcoming sequel wouldn't be an XBone exclusive...

As for the Pokemon inspired trio, it honestly would've taken me a lot longer to recognise it's Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise if you hadn't put them together in a trio like that.

Contest? I don't see a problem. As far as homages go, those three and your nosepass are waaaaaaaaaaay more subtle than my own homage characters (which is all of them).
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Huh, the Neverwinter GWF pose looks awesome in CO... they oughta bring it over for real.

Looking great, as usual!
  • genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow. Your designs are genius and amazing!!

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
  • thecobra22thecobra22 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i like your Krakatoa character the overalls look really good. think i spotted you on it at a CC recently probably said same then :P i like the hands on Frozen Face got a good frost bitten sorta look going on
  • foxeclipsefoxeclipse Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to say, these are pretty much the most aesthetically pleasing costumes I have seen in CO.
    In all seriousness, I crack open demorecords from not only CO, but also NW, get animation tags, then temporarily fit them over in-game animations. I usually like overriding the Dance and Flex emotes, so if you see me doing that... Well, it probably looks completely different to me.

Wait a minute... you can use Neverwinter poses in CO?

Uhh, you wouldn't happen to have links to relevan threads and/or pointers how to do this?
  • ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your creations are great!Just one thing....i read some time ago that you had a method to avoid costumes restrictions but i don't remember well what,i found some comments on the matter in one of your thread but i seems to not be able to find them anymore,can i ask you how do you do?
    edited July 2013
    Your creations are great!Just one thing....i read some time ago that you had a method to avoid costumes restrictions but i don't remember well what,i found some comments on the matter in one of your thread but i seems to not be able to find them anymore,can i ask you how do you do?

That's something I noticed... some of Blu's posts are gone. I remember him replying to my previous question and now its gone... I wonder if it was a forum error or there was mod intervention?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    That's why i also tought...if you reply anytime soon i'll be sure to secure that info's :biggrin:
    edited July 2013
    What's demo-record?
    edited July 2013
    What's demo-record?

This is demorecord. Might not want to show off too much with it, though. Devs could get suspicious if their players discover too much!

edited July 2013
    By the way Bluhman,why the last images you posted aren't visible anymore??