test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So this Cryptic North lot who are they exactly?

Comments

• devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While this certainly seems like good news, I dont really like the word "polish" because it doesnt seem to suggest adding new content, but rather fixing bugs and the like. Not that bugs dont need fixing, but games also need to keep getting new content to keep people playing them.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is certainly news.

It would appear Champions is finally deciding to test the waters of capitalizing from the end of City of People.

I do not know what the new studio is working on, but they've had 6 months and have had some direction am assuming.

As an investor I'm glad they are mitigating the risk by finding cheaper labor and overhead. The good news is that devs will be working almost specifically for Champions Online.

The bad news is nothing new.. New team that is unfamiliar with the work of the past means that we're in for something completely new and this will likely mean the game takes yet another direction. I hope they don't completely say "out with the old" but I also hope they update some of the old that is a jumbled mass of mess.

Oh.. and also #TelepathyNOW
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    newsss_zps7461f13d.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long do you guys think it would take (starting from 1/1/2013) for this "Pirates of the Burning Sea" dev team adjust to developing on the Cryptic engine?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    devtracker wrote: »
    While this certainly seems like good news, I dont really like the word "polish" because it doesnt seem to suggest adding new content, but rather fixing bugs and the like. Not that bugs dont need fixing, but games also need to keep getting new content to keep people playing them.

If they've been "focusing on Champions" for 6 months, doing polish and bug fixing, where is it? Half a year's worth of work comes down to two events, plus: Adding vendors to Canada, Desert, Viboa Bay, Monster Island, Lemuria, changing Viper Science Kits required skill level, Adding stuff to the Q Store (old Christmas becomes), making a fix to Fan with a Plan, making picked-up objects visible, adding Legacy items to Drifter, adding vehicle powers to Drifter, adding vehicles to Drifter, tweaking vehicle stats, fixing Energy Surge items, fixing Alien Crystal, some vehicle fixes, changing lockboxes to white-quality loot, tweaking light in the tutorial, fixing two costume pieces, and adding two vehicles to the Drifter store.

These are straight from the patch notes. They've made 11 polish/bug-fix changes since the beginning of the year.

The events are nice, but they're not a lot of content. I really enjoyed the races, and they were clever in how they hacked the mechanics together. But it's so little. The first parts of the Lemurian invasion were "My First Mission." Honestly at this point I'd like the Foundry ported to Champions just so the development team can put together some real missions.
    gamehobo wrote: »
    The bad news is nothing new.. New team that is unfamiliar with the work of the past means that we're in for something completely new and this will likely mean the game takes yet another direction. I hope they don't completely say "out with the old" but I also hope they update some of the old that is a jumbled mass of mess.

It doesn't seem to me like they have a "guy with a new vision" that we've been through a couple times now. I doubt there's going to be a new overhaul unless someone gets really ambitious. And I mean unrealistically ambitious.

All signs, to me, point to this news leading to "more of the same" that we've had with Champs in the last year. I mean, if this was anything to celebrate, don't you think someone would have told us, at the beginning of the year, "Hey, new team just for Champs! Rejoice!" Instead, we got a new name sneaking into the PTS Forums, and that's it.

Again I want to reiterate that this is my favorite MMO and I want it to do well (I'm already losing my steam on Neverwinter), but I'm trying to approach this news as a realist. The optimist in me has gone onto other things.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I hate it when I agree with Smackwell.

We will truly play wait and see. There are two things at play right now.. 1) they have been working since January. And Since January we've received very little. 2) if there were any kind of content expansion, they would release very minimal content while they worked on a greater release.

The financial announcement of a new business usually comes out for ONE reason. Consumer hype. I know money trends.. and am willing to bet there is a larger announcement attached to Cryptic North and it likely is tied to Champions Online.

By separating the overhead and products they can assess the true success and possible future for Champions Online. This is very much a Third Stage Capital funding. Good news is that during Third Stage funding, they wouldn't do it if they planned on keeping the status quo. When companies give second stage funding it comes with stricter mandates and harsher standards. This usually means giving them a fresh slate with a product that the funders can truly believe in.. translation: Champions Online will be getting an expansion and likely some re-branding. The goal is to give the product a fresh start and a fighting chance.

The bad news is.. should this risk show signs of fail.. by separating off the studio from the core of PWE/Cryptic, it makes the product much easier to sever should it not live up to these stricter standards. This means, if Champions Universe Rebranded does not do well the parent company will seek options to sell or salvage.. aka Sell or Shut Down.. which ever is cheaper.

I know most people here do not follow financial trends but I know PWE isn't making this move out of the kindness of their hearts. They are putting up cash to do this and have every intention of getting that money back. If they don't.. things get really messy

EDIT: After re-evaluating the known variables of the company.. this is 3rd stage funding. The game has been stated to be self-sustaining which is the goal of 2nd stage funding. So .. for you industry heads.. again this is 3rd stage funding that focuses more on expansion (and beating competitors only merging when neccesary) and less on creating sustainability. This move has a lot to do with keeping the Phoenix Project's and other CoH games profit shares from ever seeing the light of day.

Smart play, PWE.

- -

In other news,

Champions Online devs ran all the way to another state because they feared the wrath of JayBezz in the local San Francisco Bay Area game developers community. But fear not.. I have pull in Portland/Seattle too.. no where is far enough to run CO.. you hear me? I own you. (or at least a part of you)
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Canceling the sole product that a studio has all rights to, with no obligation to the publisher who licensed it or the parent company, is not a wise move.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A long time coming I say...they have such a wellspring to draw from, this is a huge opportunity to put CO on the same level as STO and NW and maybe even CoH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All if not everything from vehicles to lockboxes to Legacy items is all GC.

And when I think of polish, the only thing I can think of is a complete recode of all of CO to finally make it in line with STO and NWO. Truly in line.

I don't expect anything they have done for CO has been put into the game yet.

Too bad this news comes a year too late. We could have used a team back when On Alert went to live and all the hype about the future of CO that comes with the reason for the revamp.
    edited June 2013
    I hate it when I agree with Smackwell.

You hate agreeing with it, I hate having to type it.

Unless you were just talking about me, specifically. In that case, join the club! :biggrin:
    EDIT: After re-evaluating the known variables of the company.. this is 3rd stage funding. The game has been stated to be self-sustaining which is the goal of 2nd stage funding. So .. for you industry heads.. again this is 3rd stage funding that focuses more on expansion (and beating competitors only merging when neccesary) and less on creating sustainability. This move has a lot to do with keeping the Phoenix Project's and other CoH games profit shares from ever seeing the light of day.

Fingers crossed that this is correct. I'm not against Phoenix Project and others (well, maybe I am against a particular one), because they might turn out to be decent games, though. But anything that lights a fire under Cryptic's asses for this game, I can get on board with. Like what the City shutdown should have done.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Unless you were just talking about me, specifically. In that case, join the club! :biggrin:

It's just you. *wink* I'm an alpha and you threaten my pack ranking with your Omega power to censure me. You will always be a threat and thus I will only hunt with you in extreme circumstances.

But if it's any consolation we make great mating prospects strictly for recreation and not procreation.
    Fingers crossed that this is correct. I'm not against Phoenix Project and others (well, maybe I am against a particular one), because they might turn out to be decent games, though. But anything that lights a fire under Cryptic's asses for this game, I can get on board with. Like what the City shutdown should have done.

I know money. I especially know money when it's a publicly traded company that I own stock in.

Good time to invest in PWE was as soon as CoX shut down and this quarter you should expect to see your highest yield now that this has been announced and Neverwinter Launched.

GO Buy Stock. Make me rich..

Then again.. don't buy as much as me or we will fight at shareholders meetings just as we do on the forums. Fair warning I'm much more ruthless and generally displeasant when people make opinions on my bling, yo.
    edited June 2013
    It's just you. *wink* I'm an alpha and you threaten my pack ranking with your Omega power to censure me. You will always be a threat and thus I will only hunt with you in extreme circumstances.

I dunno, Alphas like to DPS.

And I don't censor you, I de-spam the forums sometimes. :P
    Then again.. don't buy as much as me or we will fight at shareholders meetings just as we do on the forums. Fair warning I'm much more ruthless and generally displeasant when people make opinions on my bling, yo.

Shareholder meetings are something I hope never happens to my life.
    biffsig.jpg
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didnt read all the replies, just the thread title and the first few pages.

So are we getting new developers for this team or something basically? We're no longer Jack's problem?
    edited June 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    I didnt read all the replies, just the thread title and the first few pages.

So are we getting new developers for this team or something basically? We're no longer Jack's problem?

We've had new developers for half a year, a team of 12 guys, who focus
    on Champs but are also on Neverwinter and Star Trek.

We haven't been Jack's problem for two years.
    biffsig.jpg
  • joltrabbitjoltrabbit Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll remain hopeful. This sounds like the start of a plan.

I've tried the other super hero options and one recently brought the "No. Just... NO." out of me faster than I expected. I try to stay level-headed with my hobbies.

This is the only real option with the combo of gameplay, genre and avatar customization (I've been spoiled by Cryptic on that last one for City and Champs) that I desire.

@Rejolt when you see me in game. Forum member since late 2008, beta tester and LTS.

Still trying to make a Might/Electric toon that gets something out of Shockwave (darn you Stormbringer for not boosting Sonic damage!).
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they've been "focusing on Champions" for 6 months, doing polish and bug fixing, where is it? Half a year's worth of work comes down to two events, plus: Adding vendors to Canada, Desert, Viboa Bay, Monster Island, Lemuria, changing Viper Science Kits required skill level, Adding stuff to the Q Store (old Christmas becomes), making a fix to Fan with a Plan, making picked-up objects visible, adding Legacy items to Drifter, adding vehicle powers to Drifter, adding vehicles to Drifter, tweaking vehicle stats, fixing Energy Surge items, fixing Alien Crystal, some vehicle fixes, changing lockboxes to white-quality loot, tweaking light in the tutorial, fixing two costume pieces, and adding two vehicles to the Drifter store.

These are straight from the patch notes. They've made 11 polish/bug-fix changes since the beginning of the year.

Two points related to this:

1: All the work you've listed above sounds like a tutorial for developers working on Cryptic Engine for the first time. I think we got those bug fixes when we did, as opposed to After Neverwinter, because Cryptic North devs were using them to learn the ropes.

2: They weren't exclusively working on CO. They did have some time on NW and STO (probably LoR). That means they've had time to work with newer versions of the engine.

This has me cautiously optimistic. Like Gamehobo said, they wouldn't be pointing out North's focus on CO if they were just going to keep cranking out Disposable Gamblebox Events.

That all leads me to this theory, or at least how I'd handle the transition:

We're going to get one more Disposable Gamblebox Event, whipped up by LordGar, Crush, Splo, and whoever else they've rounded up in the California office. (We all saw that coming, Cryptic North or not.) It will probably be as teflon as Bleaky and Malvanum have been in environmental terms, but it's gonna be lore-shaking.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch-- I mean Seattle, the North team uses the event's running time to upgrade the engine to NW's level, go on a bug hunt, and slog through the asset tagging needed for Foundry support. That release would then be a springboard for us to go nuts in Foundry while North builds the real, honest-to-goodness Legacy of Romulus-sized expansion this game has needed for two years.

*cough*Hudson City*cough*

Let's see how forthcoming Russell Williams is when he introduces himself...
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ITT: People who can't into jokes

that's deliberately worded sarcasm by the way, in case you have trouble picking that up too

Jokes have a punchline. I don't see the punchline.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jokes have a punchline. I don't see the punchline.

:rolleyes:
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow what a surprise the Champions Forums being negative about Good News.

You guys finally see that maybe the "cheerleaders" have been right all a long, and you rain on the parade because you enjoy your negativity so much.

The Last thing I have begun to expect from you folks is a bright side.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know what's really floored me about all this?

Finally, one of the higher ups from Perfect World has actually mentioned that CO exists in an official interview. As mumsie can attest, they didn't even do that when PWE bought Cryptic.

It has me hoping that they're thinking "You know, with NWO a hit and STO doing great, maybe with a little work, we can have three successful MMO franchises off this engine."

Okay Lucy, keep holding that football. This time we're kicking it for sure! :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited June 2013

Wish I didn't find that so funny. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »

You guys finally see that maybe the "cheerleaders" have been right all a long, and you rain on the parade because you enjoy your negativity so much.

You may have missed all of them positive posts up there. The Last thing I expected from you was the whole cdf charade. :rolleyes:
    biffsig.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^^^
    That has to be one of the best, most apt analogies of the situation regarding Cryptic and CO I've seen to date. (Wish that wasn't the case.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »

It is a little soon to judge whether this is good or bad. People were cheering for the PW takeover, yet CO hasn't really seen much improvement, in fact CO has seen more staff changes since On Alert was released (what three or four lead devs), then is healthy for any company. It took constant poking and proding to finally get them to look at Telepathy, and it took abuse on NWO to get them to look at the chatban system, despite the continuous reports of abuse. Heck when the founder packs for NW were announced and PWE other games received bonuses, they forgot CO existed, yet blamed it on 'tech issues'.

So I'll wait and see if this new studio can do as advertised, or if history will repeat itself.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    It is a little soon to judge whether this is good or bad. People were cheering for the PW takeover, yet CO hasn't really seen much improvement, in fact CO has seen more staff changes since On Alert was released (what three or four lead devs), then is healthy for any company. It took constant poking and proding to finally get them to look at Telepathy, and it took abuse on NWO to get them to look at the chatban system, despite the continuous reports of abuse. Heck when the founder packs for NW were announced and PWE other games received bonuses, they forgot CO existed, yet blamed it on 'tech issues'.

So I'll wait and see if this new studio can do as advertised, or if history will repeat itself.

Which reminds me out of morbid curiousity, did CO ever get that NWO bonus? The last thing I remember is TT saying it would be late but would eventually be released.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Which reminds me out of morbid curiousity, did CO ever get that NWO bonus? The last thing I remember is TT saying it would be late but would eventually be released.

Nope.
    Still Watin'

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope not even on the list
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »

Nope, they couldn't get it in because of 'tech issues' but they said if they didn't get the bonus in for that, we might see whatever it was at a later time in some form (likely in a gamble box).
    edited June 2013
    You may have missed all of them positive posts up there. The Last thing I expected from you was the whole cdf charade. :rolleyes:

As all rose-tinted goggles have, his pair have the selective viewing function.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ultimately I can say that I hope this is good news for CO. Currently the only thing that could be worse than the status quo for CO (from my perspective) is closing down. I dont see them opening a new office to close the game down so any change (when the game is at the bottom, the only way to go is up right ?) is an improvement in my eyes.

The caveat is that if Cryptic North continues with the current direction (if you can call it that) of the game then, in my opinion, all of this is pointless.

We shall see.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • imperviumimpervium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whatever this is, it isn't related to the Phoenix Project or Heroes and Villains. Not even my vast tin foil hat collection is fit for that. And this is coming from someone who considers both fan-made projects very important to the super-powered MMO genre.

No publisher with dozens of profitable games in its stable is going to start positioning itself to compete with two fan-made volunteer projects which haven't produced anything outside of primitive tech demos. But this is a good thing. I don't think PWE or any other publisher would consider TPP or HaV a blip on its radar until one or both projects reared their fangs at a major gaming convention or something, and by then it would be too late: if these games turn out to be fun to play, their origin stories will be a major selling point that will make audiences love their developers and hate the corporate greed that stoked the phoenix fire in the first place. (Especially Golden Girl's project, which she has hinted will buck the old guard in a big way where eternally pesky issues like intellectual property are involved.)

That's what both projects should hope for anyway, if they don't want corporate shills and hackers ruining their reputations and work before it ever gets a chance. (And there's where my tin foil hat goes, but between you and me, I don't think I'm merely being paranoi--hey, you laughing at me?)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2013
    I'll sit and wait for outcome. It's too early for both doomsaying and being an optimist.
    edited June 2013
    I'll sit and wait for outcome. It's too early for both doomsaying and being an optimist.

What this guy said.
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this has already been said I'm sorry but it needs to be said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lgbLp9Z3eA

No hate intended, I love canadians!
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i for one i happy again, and quite relived that i got my game miracle that i so badly wanted, but i will see what happens.

and why does everything think that Seattle is in canada? last i checked its in Washington state

and noyjitatpwe, canadians aren't weird... were awesome.. visual aid provided

ALPHA_FLIGHT_1_EagleshamVariant.jpg
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
    edited June 2013
    and why does everything think that Seattle is in canada? last i checked its in Washington state

I blame our public schools.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013

and noyjitatpwe, canadians aren't weird... were awesome.. visual aid provided

I'm of 2 minds on this:

1 - wolverine is canadian. your argument is valid.

2 - you guys pay like 15 bucks a pack for cigarettes, and therefore every time you come down to america, you stop in to my job at the busy time of the day and ask for 400 types of tobacco, and hold my line up for seriously 10 minutes while you hem and haw over it. And then get mad when we don't have the 20 cartons of cheap generic cigarettes you want, because it's canada day weekend and all of your fellow countrymen are doing the exact same thing and just got finished buying us out. Canada has to be a wierd place to live.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013

you guys pay like 15 bucks a pack for cigarettes,

Smoking is a killer and if Canada is making it harder for its citizens to kill themselves thats just proves Canada full of win.

Isnt Wolverine actually English though? Didnt he move to Canada when we was a child something like 200 years before the current Xmen timeline? >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited June 2013
    2 - you guys pay like 15 bucks a pack for cigarettes, and therefore every time you come down to america, you stop in to my job at the busy time of the day and ask for 400 types of tobacco, and hold my line up for seriously 10 minutes while you hem and haw over it..

rofl! Sorry about that.
    nepht wrote: »
    Isnt Wolverine actually English though? Didnt he move to Canada when we was a child something like 200 years before the current Xmen timeline? >_>

Because he knew how awesome it would be in 200 years :cool:
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    his parents were colonists.

australia- we pay heaps for cigarettes too. well not me, I don't smoke.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i for one i happy again, and quite relived that i got my game miracle that i so badly wanted, but i will see what happens.

People taking serious what was said.
    Yah.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Smoking is a killer and if Canada is making it harder for its citizens to kill themselves thats just proves Canada full of win.

His family was actually french imigrants.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    People taking serious what was said.
    Yah.

It's not even funny. There's no punchline and it doesn't even play upon existing stereotypes. It just makes you look uneducated.
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    His family was actually french imigrants.

Ahh so he is French then sorta...so why the hell does he hate Gambit so much then? >_>
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Last origin story I saw, about the time the second movie was in production (because the movie-makers were threatening to reveal an origin and Marvel feared that would nail it down in the public mind), James Howlett was born in, IIRC, Saskatchewan somewhere in the 1880s or 1890s. After accidentally killing someone, he ran off to hide out with his girlfriend in a logging camp in BC. Marvel didn't even have him leaving the country until WWI.

So yeah, he's a Canuck. (That's part of why John Byrne tried to rehabilitate the character in the mid-'80s - Wolvie was even more of a joke back then than he's become since his Mary Sue conversion, and Byrne hated to see a "fellow Canadian" go down like that.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not even funny. There's no punchline and it doesn't even play upon existing stereotypes. It just makes you look uneducated.

We get it, you don't understand the humor. Can we stop dwelling on it and move on now?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Last origin story I saw, about the time the second movie was in production (because the movie-makers were threatening to reveal an origin and Marvel feared that would nail it down in the public mind), James Howlett was born in, IIRC, Saskatchewan somewhere in the 1880s or 1890s. After accidentally killing someone, he ran off to hide out with his girlfriend in a logging camp in BC. Marvel didn't even have him leaving the country until WWI.

So yeah, he's a Canuck. (That's part of why John Byrne tried to rehabilitate the character in the mid-'80s - Wolvie was even more of a joke back then than he's become since his Mary Sue conversion, and Byrne hated to see a "fellow Canadian" go down like that.)

Thats the problem Marvel change origins more than I change my underwear.

Look at Spiderwoman she had the most awesome original origin of being a spider that was evolved into a human by the nutcase The High Evolutionary. It was hinted she might have even been the bug that bit Parker. BUT then Marvel thought that was to much awesome and changed it to something completely more **** and boring U_U"
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cautiously buoyed and optimistic! - less so about the provision of supporting STO and Neverwinter as well, but hopefully we shall see some slow but gradual expansion of both full-content zones, the obvious 'missing powersets', long-promised costume-packs: *cough*archer*cough* and the comic-series format in Champions-Online.

Now... about that long awaited State of the Game!.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cautiously buoyed and optimistic! - less so about the provision of supporting STO and Neverwinter as well, but hopefully we shall see some slow but gradual expansion of both full-content zones, the obvious 'missing powersets', long-promised costume-packs: *cough*archer*cough* and the comic-series format in Champions-Online.

Now... about that long awaited State of the Game!.

Oh, you and your thread re-railing! I was kind of enjoying the indiscriminate incendiary, incorrect, ignorance-based stereotypes.

But, yeah, cautiously optimistic, I guess...

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We get it, you don't understand the humor. Can we stop dwelling on it and move on now?

Maybe if someone told them what was humorous about a sentence that just reads as grammatically incorrect, they wouldn't keep jumping back to it.

People who CAN'T* into jokes? Is that intentional? Because that would make it an in joke. *aren't

EDIT: deliberately worded sarcasm is dramatically different to deliberately misspelled sarcasm, which changes the whole meaning of the joke. Also "Its a Jersey thing" is an excuse thrown around to dodge an explanation, but doesn't make you appear any less lazy.