test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Set Review Request, Fighting Claws.

lacudralacudra Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Suggestions Box
Dear cryptic,

Please do a power set review on fighting claws. This is already your second pass on telepathy which honestly isn't fair in the regards of balance as far as game mechanics are concerned. When fighting claws was first in beta it was amazing. The lethality of the original design made it on par with any of the other power sets. Fighting claws at essence was originally conceived to be a power that could do decent levels of damage to multiple targets at the same time through the focus and use of poisons. This however was lost in the shuffle do to the aggressive concerns of a now faded player base. The last pass you did was on the martial arts tree as a whole and didn't allow ideal time nor consistent focus, each power set in the martial arts tree in reality and actuality are almost a whole different tree in themselves in essence. They are vastly different each one with a focus of their own. The only power set however I feel lacking would be of course Fighting claws. The animations are so unbalanced leaving a person over whelmed and confused at best. There are multiple charge powers. And a general lack of aoe all together. The Poison debuff you use to get for free now costs talents points and is completely useless unless you want to give someone a really mild cause of indigestion. Fighting claws will work well as a subsidiary power set and is a great dps filler set. But nothing more, it has no mechanics to stand on its own as a whole and will always be used as a filler set without further focus. Please do a pass to where people can play fighting claw inspired hero's i.e. wolverine or even a ninja assassin that uses bladed gauntlets to fight. Thank you for your time.
The British Bear.
Post edited by lacudra on

Comments

• Options
    dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Part of the problem with Fighting Claws is that they lost their identity; When single blade became MA King of Bleeds and dual became MA King of AoE and Supernatural got loaded-to-the-eyeballs with poisons, FC looks like the smaller sibling of all of these.

I agree FC needs a pass, but FC also needs an identity, and I don't think it's poisoning (without advantage points.) FC shouldn't also necessarily be savage rip-and-tear action. FC should be based on Debuffs + Bleeds, rather than Poisons + Bleeds to represent the finesse and martial status of such a weapon.

I'm just not sure that FC needs a pass before they address other flaws and figure out exactly what FC is going / intended to be.
  • Options
    lacudralacudra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree completely with your statement. My comments about beta were simply stated about the time it was actually worth something. I wish they would do something with the power all together. Perhaps do something about momentum, like give the power set a stacking buff by itself in addition to the one you can get from your MA form. Debuff's is a good idea. They have yet to do a power set that has a lot of good debuff potential to it. The power definitely needs some better animations though, ones that actually make the powers flow together the way the other MA power sets do. I think a cool buff for momentum would be attack speed. Make it have a stacking buff that increases your speed of attack. Sort of like a berserker rage, you hit harder and faster with each blow in succession.
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. Been wanting a better fighting claws set since launch. Come on Cryptic. Pretty much every other power set in the game has seen some sort of review. Fighting claws just continues to get **** on.
  • Options
    pharmacopharmaco Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but you will probably not see a review of FC any time soon. As far as its identity is concerned, it is the single target DPS set. If you look, the main debuff after the third Viper's Fangs is Shredded, which gives a 10% dmg boost to all dmg and another 10% more slashing dmg for an effective 20% increase in FC dmg just for 3 hits. Dragon's Claws has an inherent 50% crit severity as well, which is a great spike power that also applies Rush on a full charge. At lvl 15 bumped to 30 in an alert I can spike the boss with a fully charged DC for 6k plus, and for between 3 and 4k for tapping it. And that is with minimal gear. Tiger's bite does a similar consume and spike as Single Blade does for bleeds, but you only need one Shredded to get the spike so it's easier to set up. And TB has the advantage that gives it a 50% chance not to consume Shredded, which is awesome.

Now, that being said, a couple of changes ought to be made. The adv and the proc method for Form of the Tiger are a bit silly, and I usually just take Form of the Tempest cause I crit a lot. I also agree that the Spitting Cobra adv is silly as well, due to VF being used 3 times to apply Shredded and then moving on to spike powers. Perhaps make the adv a 50% or more chance to stack poison, or better yet a 50% chance to apply a second Shredded at the end of the 3 hit combo.

The overall identity of the set, however, is clear... At least to me. It is the MA set with the highest single target damage potential and that is the theme. Dual Blades is AoE, Single Blade is bleeds and rupture, and Unarmed is all about hitting with both crushing and dimensional damage due to chi energy. Fighting Claws, though, is the MA boss killer and it is very good at it. One claw based AoE would not be unwelcome either.