test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing I like to do is alternate costumes. Some characters never have more than a couple of alt costumes, while others have up to a dozen or more. But I want them to make sense.

C8 is kind of in the middle territory. He's an android who can shapeshift. And he can disguise himself as an ordinary human. But he can also change his "combat body" to suit the situation. His alt costumes in-game are usually some form of civilian/secret ID look.

IasPhCq.png

In this scene at the start of "Resistance" I had him change into a formal suit look, since that scene it seemed appropriate. (Changing quickly to his normal appearance as he went through the gate).

sZIcZ5R.png

There are a few that are just concepts or homages waiting for an excuse...

vSAm2vk.png
    If there's ever a "Tron" inspired cyberworld we can visit, C8 is ready. :P

Here's a costume that definitely falls into the "functional" category.

ZloR8Wf.png

(No - he doesn't need to breathe, because he's an android. But the simpler faceplate helps cut down on problems with high pressures at depths. The backpack isn't for Air - it's a water jet for speed and a buoyancy stabilizer.)
    edited May 2013
    And although I haven't yet had a chance to use him yet, I did design for the Nemesis system... er...

Nemesis.

7DbCrpa.png

"Yo dawg! I heard you like Nemesis! So I made you a Nemesis for your Nemesis so you can Nemesis while you Nemesis!"

Or something like... uhm... Yeah... I'll just be leaving now... >.>
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fantastic costumes Logan!!! loved the transitions from CoH specially =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss those CoX face texture options. Here, it feels like we all have the same head.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss those CoX face texture options. Here, it feels like we all have the same head.
    Only because most people are too lazy (or don't care enough) to look into the options available - including two different varieties of age lines!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Only because most people are too lazy (or don't care enough) to look into the options available - including two different varieties of age lines!

Not to get into a serious debate here, because I do see your point and agree with it (in fact, I'll be posting a character shortly that proves it) but I would say that though the options exist in CO to create unique faces and MUCH better looking ones than the standard defaults, that there's a learning curve to it that simply wasn't necessary with COH. In COH you wanted a different face, you simply picked one. And then you could tweak the sliders to customize it to taste.

What I REALLY miss in CO are standard face templates that the CC used to have and that we no longer do! Couple that with the stupid lock-down on available parts that new players are subjected to and that's why you get so many cookie cutters appearing in Rencen. Whereas often in COH - you watched the front steps of Atlas Park, you might see somebody come through with an utterly fantastic looking character who was nevertheless a first time player.

Only players who have been playing for some length of time in this game will have figured out how to make good faces and tweak the body sliders. Sadly, the Devs made the learning curve on costume creation in this game so steep that new players are often completely unaware they even have options. Whereas in COH, it was plain from the start.

TL;DR version: I agree with you to a point, but wish we had some standardized options such as in COH to fall back on for new players.
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of - here's the very first character I ever made in CO - Stalnoy Volk. Created originally because -

a) CO does do power armor weapons and powers better and closer to theme than COH

and -

b) Those issues with face sliders and other weirdness? I didn't have to worry about them because of the full helmet! I could be lazy and play the game while I figured it out! :D

Anyway - Stalnoy Volk is a character who I first made in COH, but ironically is based off of a character from Champions printed lore (points to any who can find the reference). I made him YEARS before CO came out. And then ironically made him again in this game. And thus the circle is complete...

This was his first armor here in the game. I was going for a sort of "Russian Aerospace/Utilitarian" look since the character is Russian after all.

4bEcEtg.png

After a few months of off and on play, when I got him the "Chest Beam" power, I figured I needed to change his look, since it didn't make sense for there to be something firing from no visible port. And yeah - Iron Man 2 had recently come out and he had a touch of War Machine in this second version. ^_^

wvHD5i4.png

Shortly after that, I made a "Heavy Armor" version for his Tank build stance. Not as aerodynamically nimble in concept, but able to withstand more incoming fire.

nv6ZIXn.png

Mikhael's weak point is that he is a paraplegic and can't walk without the suit or some other frame hooked up to him. Someday perhaps he'll have surgery to correct that. In the meantime, here's his work clothes and partial frame he uses when he's tinkering.

uiPVliA.png

More next post.
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of tinkering, here's a testing rig. Not meant for combat. This is for testing flight systems and weapons load-out and balance.

Stalnoy_Volk_03.jpg

Yeah - I'll fully admit - Mikhael kinda looks like a cross between Tony Stark and Original flavor Nick Fury. Heh.

UjJmYg4.png

I use the "aggressive" eyebrows, "stern" and "pale and aged" face details plus the grey streaks in his hair for a subtle middle-aged look. This guy's been around for longer than your average teenager in tights.

The most recent version of his armor takes advantage of some more "bling" that dropped for me in various alerts. This - like the Heavy Armor - is linked to a specific Build/Stance. In this case - the Ranged Damage slot. This armor is for artillery support more than in-your-face slugfests.

Y41gjMy.png

That's pretty much it for Stalnoy. Next post I may post some Nemesis's.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You need to spend a bit more time exploring the face slider options in the tailor and mixing them up with the different mood options. You'll be amazed at the different types of faces you can have using these.

Personally, I found the different faces in CoH very limiting and ugly.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I picked some screenshots of my characters, applied 10 instagram filters to them.
    I bring you :
    Eskelia (tha deadly cutie)
    8878004789_e59bba88a2.jpg
    Hopeless (tha poor zombie soldier)
    8878623256_b24dc5e63d.jpg
    Number 12 (tha friendly robot)
    8878005727_8e02393b3f.jpg
    Hikage Yorokobi (when she's possessed by Hebi Onna (that you probably don't even know anything about))
    8878005497_083bf05280.jpg

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha so cool!! thanks a lot for the great shots highreality!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Ah, there was an error with number 12's pic, fixed it.
    One more robot costume :
    Hammerhead
    8881512759_3d0f633fab.jpg
    8881514367_8e20e58b14.jpg
    Confession : I use Picasa for all those effects. Even a noob can do it and everything looks amazing with them.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • spacer6spacer6 Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    WARHEAD

Costume_spacer6_WarHead_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_420967831_zps90c64179.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those filtered pics are very cool.
    I dont know what I want to do with them.
    Maybe put them on the fridge.
    Or make some tarot cards.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacer6 wrote: »
    WARHEAD

Costume_spacer6_WarHead_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_420967831_zps90c64179.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Spacer i think you forgot to link the text.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited May 2013
    Those filtered pics are very cool.
    I dont know what I want to do with them.
    Maybe put them on the fridge.
    Or make some tarot cards.

Hehehe thanks alot ! Try it out yourself, it's really easy to do and the result is awesome :smile: (well so long as you don't **** up too bad)

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • synthozoicsynthozoic Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confession : I use Picasa for all those effects. Even a noob can do it and everything looks amazing with them.
    Okay so I picked some screenshots of my characters, applied 10 instagram filters to them.

So I was wondering what those filters and digital effects you used so I could do something similar with my screenshots in GIMP. Care to explain your process a bit?
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woohoo, costumes! I'll start with my main. :3

My main, Dingo :3
    2a946f2b-f032-4774-88e3-3082c4c25547_zps855c60c0.jpg

Annnd Dingo's gliadiatrix armor, thrown together from the belongings of many raided corpses over her travels...
    fec4c683-f5aa-4d5c-b11c-e19c3ecea258_zpscd3592ad.jpg

And the gun-toting alien mage, Equinox!
    08d4a0c5-0a6c-4974-9889-1822dacedfa2_zps5901c685.jpg

The ever-vigilant Razorback!
    f285678f-f64a-4fd0-85e3-2c2c14bb93c7_zpsfa9748d3.jpg
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
    edited June 2013
    Tierial, guardian of innocent and lost souls:
    55ddf257-45c4-45b6-9b39-d9ddf5f670f8_zps4ae56f6d.jpg

And last but not least, my space-exploring ravebot, Xenon!
    2569fc35-fcac-4dc7-b3c6-0622130c05de_zpsc11be4ac.jpg

...be gentle, guys ;~;
    Also, it would be nice if I could've gotten their feet in some of these instead of amputating at the ankle.

edited June 2013
    synthozoic wrote: »
    So I was wondering what those filters and digital effects you used so I could do something similar with my screenshots in GIMP. Care to explain your process a bit?
    Well, do you have something named Picasa on your computer ? Mine came with it, but it should be free to download. Open a picture with the default viewer and there should be something like "modify with picasa" somewhere. Once you do that, find your picture again (because f logic), and then you have a ton of filters and sliders and other fabulous things that will help you to make a crappy picture look awesome. To be honest I found it by accident so there should be no reason for you not to understand it. This software is basically made for grannies to order the 15 000 photos of their family they took during christmas and remove red eyes on photos, that's why everything is made easy to use. About GIMP I don't know, but it's kind of like Photoshop, a powerful tool that you need super knowledge to make a good use of, which is not my case, so I can't help with that.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited June 2013
    can u tell me how to upload pics to this fourm pls i have loads of costumes with me
    edited June 2013
    Costume_spacer6_Manoj_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_415378291_zpsfbc9f132.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Costume_spacer6_WarHead_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_420967831_zps90c64179.jpg
    Costume_manoj1235_Cold_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_411428430_zps47da9d3b.jpg
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spacer6 wrote: »
    can u tell me how to upload pics to this fourm pls i have loads of costumes with me

You can't upload the pics directly to the forum. You have to upload them to another site that allows image hotlinking. Then you copy the link to the image, and put it inside [noparse][img][/img][/noparse] tags.

For example, to post this picture:

bunny.jpg

You type this code into your post:

[noparse]bunny.jpg[/noparse]

That website is the personal webspace provided by my ISP. Unless you live in Western Canada, that won't help you get your image uploaded. Since I don't use an image-hosting site, I can't remember the names of any. Maybe someone else can help with that.

EDIT: Looks like you got it figured out. I'll leave that post up for anyone who needs help.
    Two of my power armors...

Costume_spacer6_IronAvenger2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_412929284_zps9172b26f.jpg

Costume_Karnovia_IronAvenger_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_411129885_zps124c1766.jpg

A costume for devastator...

Costume_manoj1235_Death_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_410575385_zpsa37347c5.jpg

And one more for mystic type

Costume_Karnovia_Karnovia_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_406641306_zps8261c946.jpg
    edited June 2013
    thx for helping though :)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use Photobucket for free image storage. I seem to recall seeing something about image storage in CORE Connect too, but I've never tried to use it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Imageshack is also good
  • slapperfishslapperfish Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (deleted)
    Post edited by slapperfish on
    edited June 2013
    My BEST costumes? Oh man, where do I even begin? I have too many to properly post here! Someone pick for me! D:

Oh gawd. Master Chef and Headless Chicken both have my vote. I lost it hard.

• baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My BEST costumes? Oh man, where do I even begin? I have too many to properly post here! Someone pick for me! D:

easy...

post them all :D
  • scootliinkscootliink Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BL-DesZCYAAVsIV.jpg:large

Basically he's a nerd who travels between dimensions, protecting the multiverse from evil and making stupid pop-culture references that noone gets because Star Trek doesn't exist in the Champions universe.

I was bored. He's also my best costume because he's my only costume. :cool:
  • diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haha, an inter-dimentional nerd is pretty awesome, and rocking the neck beard.

Think my best is now Mnemonic, I really like his concept and that he turned out pretty nice.

Mnemonic

eidetic.png

A merc/villain whose 'power' is having full eidetic memory, never forgetting the slightest of detail. Mnemonic makes use of a uniquely designed taser that induces memory loss on victims. Made him as a sort of Deathstroke meets the Riddler concept.
    edited June 2013
    I'm back - and like I promised, here's one of my villains.

This is a classic case of "reverse engineering to work with limitations".

I designed this villain with an eye toward color-coordination with an already existing set of minions in the Nemesis system. Specifically the yellow and black-suited "Charged Dynamos" set of minions. So this particular Nemesis would look enough like them that you could buy the concept that the minions are of a theme with the villain and have similar powers. In this case - the powers for both the main villain and the minions are Electricity based.

So - I present to you, the Utterly SHOCKING mistress of the Megavolt -

Gigi Watt!

VGZ6Srn.jpg

Here's a shot with some of the minions so you can see how the costume theme works with them.

NZD2KDn.jpg
    edited June 2013
    So I've got at least one Transformers homage toon. And I figured this Nemesis would work both for them and maybe for a couple of other characters like Stalnoy Volk or Robot Ronin. I call him Mechatron.

(I can TOTALLY see him transforming into one of the Jets - specifically the Interceptor version.)

sAAc9rB.jpgIKlbNGc.png
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Benny should be the default for the Grimoire AT.
    Just imagine it.
    scootliink wrote: »
    BL-DesZCYAAVsIV.jpg:large
    edited June 2013
    I made this one a couple of months after the movie Megamind came out.

SxEaYyW.png

Minion: "Just a few alterations, and I will be done with your most terrifying cape yet! I'm calling it... The Black Mambaaaaaaaaaa...!"

Yeah - SO going to copyright hell for this one. :D

(What that pic doesn't really capture is that his default expression is "Pleasant" which on those facial proportions comes out as a nicely wide grin - PERFECT! :D)
    edited June 2013
    Robot Ronin's Nemesis is a proper Kaiju monster named "Angiras".

5XnJYEz.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Robot Ronin's Nemesis is a proper Kaiju monster named "Angiras".

5XnJYEz.jpg

LOVE IT! great job with this one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    screenshot_2013-06-03-19-46-24_zpsd4841758.jpg

One of my more recent toons: The mummy merc, Ma'at.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    screenshot2013060911431.jpg

I'm trying to sort out that elusive beast known as "attractive female power armor".
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I designed this villain with an eye toward color-coordination with an already existing set of minions in the Nemesis system. Specifically the yellow and black-suited "Charged Dynamos" set of minions. So this particular Nemesis would look enough like them that you could buy the concept that the minions are of a theme with the villain and have similar powers. In this case - the powers for both the main villain and the minions are Electricity based.

Gigi Watt!

VGZ6Srn.jpg

Here's a shot with some of the minions so you can see how the costume theme works with them.

NZD2KDn.jpg

This is one of those really simple ideas that's actually rather brilliant.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Benny should be the default for the Grimoire AT.
    Just imagine it.

No way. He's clearly a geek GM with tons of "monsters" to toss at "PCs."

But seriously, I created something similar, based on a GM friend of mine, as a Arch-Enemy who is a GM who gets strange power, due to an accident, but also gets an alternate persona in the process. He's not a real villain, but he remains convinced that he is still GMing an adventure/mission for his friends on a Friday night RPGing session.

He he is now. The Game Master
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Glenn%25203_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_353917764.jpg

As you can see, I added quite a bit of the Comic Book Guy's "personality" to the image.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Meet Bird Brain
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Bird%2520Brain_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_354041634.jpg

Nothing wild to see here. Just a simple idea. An ordinary human citizen of Mill City gets his head (only) transformed into an a bird's head. Chaos ensues and a villain is born with a desire to wear brightly colored clothing. { shrugs } Or something like that.

Maybe his shoes need to match that tie. :wink:

Oh, and someday he will be defeated and will then be referred to as an Ex-Parrot. And also a Jailbird. :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Love this idea. Pass it around. More people need to do this. :smile:

Gigi Watt!

VGZ6Srn.jpg

NZD2KDn.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2013
    The Game Master
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Glenn%25203_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_353917764.jpg

As you can see, I added quite a bit of the Comic Book Guy's "personality" to the image.

Heh, that's pretty cool :cool:!
    edited June 2013
    This one's awesome too :cool:!

Gigi Watt!

VGZ6Srn.jpg
  • synthozoicsynthozoic Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm trying to sort out that elusive beast known as "attractive female power armor".

Me, I try to shoot for the toughest looking female power armor.

Lemme introduce Mabel Talbot, former US Army veteran, engineer and now security guard, PR stunt and deputized officer for Millennium City and UNTIL.

mabel-talbot.jpg

She drives around a couple of suits of power armor affectionately called the "Gargoyle" series--

suit01.jpg

--mostly because of how clunky and ugly they look. But like A-10 tank killers, they get the job done reliably.

suit02.jpg

To do this I mostly just beef up the hands, forearms, biceps and shoulders and pick the bulky pieces--just to underscore how power armor pretty much erases any differences in upper body strength, reach and leverage.
  • supergwennysupergwenny Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kharma23 wrote: »
    Here's one I really like, White Lighnin'.
    310cbe3c-203c-4956-95a7-b4865a156fcf_zpse60df3d7.jpg

Can I shamelessly ask you for a save of that character? It's just perfect!
    __________________________________________________ _

Be sure to see my PRIMUS database page, Gwendolyn Frost. :biggrin:
    __________________________________________________ _
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too only have one real main character I dress up in various ways, while sticking mostly to theme.

Techmage
    TechmageKali_zpse393490c.png

Power Armor
    PAKali_zpseb76a66d.png

Gladiator
    GladiatorKali_zps19bff012.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]