test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130319.26 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 3:00pm Pacific on 5/29/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

Powers:
  • Rimefire Burst: This power should now properly interact with Chill applied by other powers.
  • Rimefire Burst: This power now properly shows a short description of itself in the powers window and the tooltip.
  • Redirected Force: The defensive bonus has been reduced to 10/15/20% and the tooltip has been reworded to clarify that this directly reduces incoming damage.
  • Redirected Force: The offensive bonus now properly stacks with other offensive bonus instead of scaling too fast.
  • Redirected Force: The maintain cost of this power has been reduced slightly.
  • Sneak: Shadow Strike: This power now correctly benefits from bonus damage while either Stealthed or using Smoke Bomb and no longer gets bonuses from both at the same time.
  • Ice Cage: Ranks 2 and 3 should now properly scale with your stats and bonuses.
  • Fire Strike: Fiery Escalation: Now properly stacks to 4 stacks.
  • Stone Shroud: Imposing Strength: Should now correctly slow enemies.
  • Revitalize: This Specialization can now only occur once every 6 seconds (Up from once every 2 seconds). Gas Pellets: They can no longer crit and now deal 25% less damage.

Misc:
  • We've done some tuning to the settings behind chat banning. This should better allow people to rehabilitate after being reported.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 words.

Not Telepathy.

This is beginning to feel alot like CAPE GLIDE
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, interesting update...any word on Telepathy? Or will that be reserved for a later post?

I'm assuming these new powers are taking precedence over Telepathy to get them released sooner?
    edited May 2013
  • vazkrovazkro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job on the pellets fix, it was needed a lot :D
    Also some other bugfixes were done which is always welcome.

Ravenforce, I have also been waiting in the shadows on telepathy since they first announced a rework and then the many months after they removed it from pts but that comment you said about another 9 month wait is just a hatecomment to developers which isn't cool especially after they finally started working on powers again.

Anyway I'm curious what the near future will bring us with the high speed this current pts patch was brought out after the previous one.
    edited May 2013
    vazkro wrote: »
    Good job on the pellets fix, it was needed a lot :D
    Also some other bugfixes were done which is always welcome.

Ravenforce, I have also been waiting in the shadows on telepathy since they first announced a rework and then the many months after they removed it from pts but that comment you said about another 9 month wait is just a hatecomment to developers which isn't cool especially after they finally started working on powers again.

Anyway I'm curious what the near future will bring us with the high speed this current pts patch was brought out after the previous one.

Sorry WHAT?! A hate comment? It wasn't said out of spite I can assure you. It was said from the previous experience, I am in no way "hating" on the Devs.
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry WHAT?! A hate comment? It wasn't said out of spite I can assure you. It was said from the previous experience, I am in no way "hating" on the Devs.

Yeah, that's Jaybezz's job.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

Oh now I get it...you don't like Jaybezz.

I'm guessing the same goes for me? Oh well back to the OP, I'm switching to go test now..:smile:
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will enjoy the tears that flow forth, mmmmm, delicious.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    [*]We've done some tuning to the settings behind chat banning. This should better allow people to rehabilitate after being reported.

So...care to tell us exactly what this means?

Also, Telepathy isn't done. There will be some changes to it still. It's way too powerful (combos can be too easily exploited for insane damage) as it is.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013

lol, ikr, I know many a build which uses SS +SB combo to achieve hellish numbers xD
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Revitalize: NERFED
    • Gas Pellets: NAH-NAH-NAH-NERFED
    • Chatbans: SOMETHING HAPPENED I HOPE IT'S GOOD AT LEAST

IT'S HAPPENING
    AOyJ2f6.png
    edited May 2013

Lesson learned. NEVER GIVE THEM MONEY!

They take your money. You test telepathy.. then THEY DON'T WORK ON IT

sticker,375x360.png
    edited May 2013
    [*]Redirected Force: The defensive bonus has been reduced to 10/15/20% and the tooltip has been reworded to clarify that this directly reduces incoming damage.

[*]Redirected Force: The maintain cost of this power has been reduced slightly.

[*]Sneak: Shadow Strike: This power now correctly benefits from bonus damage while either Stealthed or using Smoke Bomb and no longer gets bonuses from both at the same time.

I am happy for the Sneak and Shadow Strike Fix. <--Thank you :D

By the way...is this intended?

Redirected Force now has an AoE of 40ft..instead of the previously stated 35ft..

I am glad to see maintain cost has been reduced slightly, its now costly enough, but not overbearingly so IMO.

Its highly unlikely that the graphics for Redirected Force will go AoE Shielding <--VERY VERY sad news...:frown:...I hope these aren't the final graphics for it...at least make the activation similar to IDF activation with the hands stretched out?

Q_Q
    edited May 2013
    lol, ikr, I know many a build which uses SS +SB combo to achieve hellish numbers xD

I was referring to the Gas Pellets nerf. Smoke Bomb was a bug, thats now fixed.
    edited May 2013
    BUG

Your Ebbing Lifeforce gives 42 Health Points to Test Dummy. <--happens if you apply a confuse to a Dependancy affected target

EDIT: This doesn't work on players...so as long as you don't use confuse mechanic on NPC's...it should be ok..
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No longer crits AND a 25% damage nerf? Ouch. That's effectively a 75% damage decrease.

Couldn't figure out how to make each tick of damage apply crit chance, could you?

And no news on telepathy means they didn't work on that directly or that they are close to having it work as they want it to.
    edited May 2013
    And no news on telepathy means they didn't work on that directly or that they are close to having it work as they want it to.

Two Words: Cape Glide

Here we are working on telepathy.. la dee da..

"Lets fix other powers instead"

"Yeah! lets do that!"

"Ooh lets launch those other powers to live"

"Oh Kay!"

"ooh know what else we can work on? NOT TELEPATHY!"

"Sounds like a plan!"

queue 9 month wait...

"Hmm.. what can make people pay to use pts again.. we need $10 for the bus"

"I know.. lets put an even MORE busted version of Telepathy on PTS!"

"I bet we get that one dude to pay it.. just watch.. *snicker* "

I go pay for a sub just to test their non-reworked powers

"HAHAHA He did it! What an idiot!"

"I K R?!"

"Lets work on Force powers and more Martial Arts.. you know.. because we haven't done that a million times"

"Yeah!"

"Hmm.. Know what.. I have this idea for a Fire/Frost power.. lets put it out there!"

"Aww man that's awesome lets perfect it."

"What else.. Hmm.. what else what else what else"

"Telepathy?"

"Nah, that's not it.. what else what else what else what else what else what else"

.. queue 2 year wait
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awesome, well needed changes
    glad to see these fixes

so when does the PFF nerf on PTS go live ;)
    edited May 2013
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can still stack over 10 stacks of the buff from Redirected Force.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, Revitalize finally got the bat.

Kinda glad really. Dropping Mega D's onto people every minute was a bit silly...Despite it being fun. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lolwut?:eek:
    bait taken.......
    gotcha
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, revitalise only once every 6 seconds? That is 3 times of current. I think that is rather excessive. You guys do remember that it was already nerfed once before which was why 2 seconds was introduced from previously no cooldown between activation. 6 seconds for a 6 percent reduction in cooldown. That is so laughable that you have probably make revitalize and PSS Int almost useless.

Guess it is back to retconning again. Sigh, how often do you guys have to do this post-release nerf.

I feel like I am spending money to retcon and regear my toons because of the game's post release nerfs. Can't you guys test things enough first before putting them up. Money, globals, questionites, time, efforts going down the drain just because of such changes makes the game extremely frustrating.

Since you guys are at it, how about looking at the far higher damage which some of the new/bugged/recently buffed powers are dishing out?

My prediction of outcome: More and more quarry, finger snapping, bang bang bang builds.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I am spending money to retcon and regear my toons because of the game's post release nerfs. Can't you guys test things enough first before putting them up. Money, globals, questionites, time, efforts going down the drain just because of such changes makes the game extremely frustrating.

They've given out free RetCon tokens in the past when major changes have happened, how do you know they won't this time? Save your rage until you've got something to rage about. Heck, you don't even know if this change will go live - testing may reveal that it's too much, and they scale it back a bit.

And don't you have any RetCon tokens from Vet status?
    They've given out free RetCon tokens in the past when major changes have happened, how do you know they won't this time? Save your rage until you've got something to rage about. Heck, you don't even know if this change will go live - testing may reveal that it's too much, and they scale it back a bit.

And don't you have any RetCon tokens from Vet status?

Retconning is far more than just changing powers. All the legion gears, vigilante gear, R9 mods (which cost time, resources and money), devices may have to be changed. When a build is so tightly built and crafted these changes affect many things. Due to the imbue change I already had to leave a piece of vigi gear (rejuvenation) and some r8 mods (sentinel's brooch) lying in my bank with no good use. I almost wanted to quit the game when that happened. Retcon tokens, I have plenty because unlike many PvPers who constantly change their builds to follow the latest FotM, I spend a lot of time to craft my builds and then gear for it so I do not have to keep following what others do. Oh and trust me, very often the changes go to live which once again makes me question what is the purpose of the PTS.

Oh btw what makes you think I am raging? I am just rolling my eyes at how poorly they implement stuff that they have to make such adjustments. What is the point of PTS then when things goes live and have to be changed after that. Think about the stealth and smoke bomb - shadowstrike example. It has been reported for so long. Nothing done, not even a hint that the devs intend to do a thing about it. So what does that mean? Players think that it is performing as intended. They build for it, gear for it. Then what happens? Post-release nerf yawns. Good way to make people spend money again. Nice move. Been at the receiving end of this. You may be able to find the archived thread where I listed the number of times I had to change builds because of such post release nerfs and trust me none of my builds are copy toons.

Of course, there are the nerf cry parties. Can't win, can't outperform, nerf them... nuff said. Yawnz.

Oh I anticipate also more CoPD, DE toons as well like we do not see enough of those in gravitar.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Retconning is far more than just changing powers. All the legion gears, vigilante gear, R9 mods (which cost time, resources and money), devices may have to be changed.

Yeah... We have to fix everything again !!!
    20111108153938.jpg
    xD
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh btw what makes you think I am raging?

Perhaps a bad choice of words. Plus, I've gotten usef to certain other posters who are incapable of posting anything without being angry about everything. Apologies.

As to the gear, I suppose I hadn't thought about that part. I've yet to use more than Heroic + R5/6 mods and either 11k Q secondaries, or generic purple drops. Since I don't PVP, I don't tend to work towards perfectly optimized builds; instead, I hit the point of "good enough", and maybe go a little beyond.
    Perhaps a bad choice of words. Plus, I've gotten usef to certain other posters who are incapable of posting anything without being angry about everything. Apologies.

As to the gear, I suppose I hadn't thought about that part. I've yet to use more than Heroic + R5/6 mods and either 11k Q secondaries, or generic purple drops. Since I don't PVP, I don't tend to work towards perfectly optimized builds; instead, I hit the point of "good enough", and maybe go a little beyond.

No apologies needed. Yes I understand what you mean. I hardly PvP these days as well but I still like to push my builds to the limits. I spend a lot of time farming PvE and perfecting my toons which is why it is even more frustrating but I am not raging. It is just that the devs do not seem to read/hear or perhaps they only selectively listen to some. Oh and the other thing is while many are copy builds which means they just move to copy another build if they are affected, I take quite a bit of pride to make my own builds and not copy others.

Perhaps if this goes live it will push me to spend more time and money on exercising and personal grooming rather than gluing myself to this game. Not a bad deal really.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Revitalize change does seem a bit overdone to me, FWIW. You're cutting its effectiveness by 2/3? I could see how that might blow up some builds.

I also think a bigger problem than Revitalize is allowing the use of multiple legacy devices of the same type. For example, some people use 5x Eruption devices with Revitalize to keep near constant invulnerability -- if they could only bind one Eruption device, then Revitalize wouldn't really be that big of a deal.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited May 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I also think a bigger problem than Revitalize is allowing the use of multiple legacy devices of the same type. For example, some people use 5x Eruption devices with Revitalize to keep near constant invulnerability -- if they could only bind one Eruption device, then Revitalize wouldn't really be that big of a deal.

It's aint so huge problem for PvPer. We have some manuals for that. ;(
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    It's aint so huge problem for PvPer. We have some manuals for that. ;(

Well, I guess that's cool for the 3 remaining PvPer's but how about the rest of the players. :biggrin:
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited May 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Well, I guess that's cool for the 3 remaining PvPer's but how about the rest of the players. :biggrin:

Rest of players? They just get good TANKY-DPS in Team. :3
    edited May 2013
    There are many changes needed for specialization usefulness and effectiveness.

If you're going to review them I'd love the chance to put all of my grievances and issues to be addressed together at once.

Same with Crowd Control.

Same with Telepathy.

Same for Gear

Same for Pets

Same for Devices..

Why is there never a systemic approach to fixing the problems in CO? I do not understand the reason for this confused, mixed bag of reviews/updates. For right now I want to focus on Telepathy.

If another round of reviews comes next that's great.. but I'm not happy with telepathy being derailed yet again
    edited May 2013
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    bait taken.......
    gotcha

>___> I actually checked PFF on LIVE vs PTS numbers...yew evil evil person...:biggrin:
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pffftt...

I keep checking in once every few weeks or so, hoping something has changed about Cryptic's MO.

Nope. Still nerfing meh powers and releasing diddly squat for content. Not that I want to see the nerf bat waving around in all directions again, but out of all the FotM powers, not to mention nigh useless powers, you really thought that Smoke Bomb's bug and Gas Pellets were in need of... Well ANYTHING? Seriously, making an old eye-beams status power with a bug that allows it to be semi-useful and one of the few solid DoTs the game has worse is a priority?

For what reason would you ever take Smoke Bomb over advantaged EM now? Why would you spec DoTs over high power AoE maintains? Or just Epi, since it gives you some of the best of both really. Or for that matter, for what reason would you make any sort of build that requires some finesse in its power usage?

This game could have been so much more. Sad, really.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited May 2013
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    Pffftt...

I keep checking in once every few weeks or so, hoping something has changed about Cryptic's MO.
    Here it comes....
    Nope. Still nerfing meh powers and releasing diddly squat for content. Not that I want to see the nerf bat waving around in all directions again, but out of all the FotM powers, not to mention nigh useless powers, you really thought that Smoke Bomb's bug and Gas Pellets were in need of... Well ANYTHING? Seriously, making an old eye-beams status power with a bug that allows it to be semi-useful and one of the few solid DoTs the game has worse is a priority?
    Poor knowledge. FYI, Gas Pellets was at one point the new Primal Sigils. Secondly your lack of knowledge is also the reason why you don't understand why Smoke Bomb was fixed.
    For what reason would you ever take Smoke Bomb over advantaged EM now? Why would you spec DoTs over high power AoE maintains? Or just Epi, since it gives you some of the best of both really. Or for that matter, for what reason would you make any sort of build that requires some finesse in its power usage?

This game could have been so much more. Sad, really.

You would never take Smoke Bomb over EM, you would take them BOTH. See the problem with your logic? Whats also illogical is you arguing that 42k+ damage from a Shadow Strike is totally balanced because you need Smoke Bomb to do it.
    FYI, gas Pellets was a Tap power, meaning you could use it with other powers (like Epi) to make silly high damage output numbers.

TL:DR Shut the hell up, you don't know ****.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for whacking Revitalize and Gas Pellets, but I really wish you'd just fix the 'either no ticks crit or ALL TICKS CRIT' thing, because that's screwing a lot of powers up.

Fix that, and bring Gas Arrows, Primal Sigils and the 25% damage-reduced Gas Pellets back around and I'll be happy.

oh yeah and finish telepathy >:|
    edited May 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »

oh Yeah And Finish Telepathy >:|

Hear Here!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, gas Pellets was a Tap power, meaning you could use it with other powers (like Epi) to make silly high damage output numbers.

And this is the real problem. The biggest issue has been, for the most part, not about individual powers but rather the interactions between powers and other modifiers. Cryptic keeps nerfing individual powers, reducing viable play options, while ignoring the real source of the "OPness"

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited May 2013
    Now that Revitalize is taking some brain damage, can the Back Up device cooldown be reduced with Intelligence again? =b Its the reason why they were given the nerf in the first place.

I'm seeing a pattern of some powers getting nerfed instead of the source (Might powers nerfed slightly because of Enrage Aggressor form combination), and then the source getting fixed (Aggressor is changed into an AO), then the Might powers not being rebuffed to balance again. Its the reason why Might powers are not working as designed again. (Yes some, knock only powers got put back but Heavy Weapon powers were completely untouched including the knock powers and under perform now.)

I mean, you see someone with an awesome build and you nerf the dog piss out of the mechanic that the build is based off of. But not until after you nerf the powers individually making the nerfed mechanic change ruin those nerfed powers permanently.

You guys need to keep notes of what changes were made because of a problem, so when you actually fix that problem down the road you look at the other things that were nerfed and put those back.
    edited May 2013
    Actually out of sheer curiosity, I wonder what is the reason for a further nerf of Revitalize and why some players seem so glad about this nerf.

As pointed out by monaahiru, it in no way affects the majority of the population and there are so few people who actually uses Revitalize in a way that a 2 sec CD being raised to 6 sec will impact. They just get the benefit of having a very tanky DPSer on their team. The people using such a build also hardly PvP and the build can be killed in PvP as well.

To a large extent, I wonder how much of these nerf cries comes from the sheer jealousy of people not being able to come up with a stronger build. I do take this nerf quite personally because while I do not claim credit for using revitalise to cooldown actives, I dare say I was the first who put radiance with revitalize and synergize it with the various actives for a build that can work with EB spam. The basis of the entire build depends on self-radiance and revitalize and aptly known as a cooldown build. All gear and stats are meant to optimize cooldown. So now what? Is it possible to design another build subsequently, perhaps but to what end? Just to have the same people who cannot adapt nerf cry again and then waste time, money and effort to come up with yet another build?

This is what I have to say to Cryptic and its devs: Go ahead and listen to whatever or whoever you wish to. I am done with your constant post-release nerfs which comes like months after. Already been through enough cycles of this nonsense but I bear with it again with the Imbue change. Let this Revitalize nerf go to live and you will definitely lose a player permanently which of course I know does not matter much to you (and no, you guys cannot have my stuff). But I just wonder how many players you will gain with a Revitalize nerf. Oh by the way, why not try making the legacy devices share cooldown or players can only use 1 of each as suggested by another player. Go ahead and see how many players will quit your game (think about all those players running around now with 5 telieosaurus pheromone running AoED). Really, UP YOURS!!! Yeah, this is me raging now LOL.

Perhaps Kaizerin is right, perhaps Revitalize should not be release in its present form. However, it was release as such although nerfed such that the cooldown effect takes place only once every 2 seconds. I am rather disgusted if this is a way to make people spend (not releasing content but changing powers such that players' build no longer works and they have to spend again money or otherwise to rebuild their toon).
    edited May 2013
    Look on the bright side Wes, if you're optimized for massive cooldown redux you're in a perfect build to use the new Telepathy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Look on the bright side Wes, if you're optimized for massive cooldown redux you're in a perfect build to use the new Telepathy.

LOL thanks for that falchion :) but I am not in the least bit interested in Telepathy although I am all happy for Ravenforce and Jaybezz that Telepathy is finally going to get some love. I do not wish to use powers that transform my toon and the power tables etc. This is also the part where I still maintain some integrity as to the kind of toon I want. I do not put powers like strafing run into my build even though it will be able to add more damage in PvP and even DPS simply because Paragon does not summon a jet LOL. I also pointed out that it is very possible to create other builds which are just as strong but to what end? Going through this cycle again and again, pumping in time, effort and money just to be at the top of the food chain in a virtual environment. This is not even other players moving up to the standard and offering a challenge. It is just the devs playing God and deciding Towers of Babel should be demolished.
  • mk0063mk0063 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know while they're "fixing" things, why not drop the retconning service cost by 40% so players won't have to spend 600+ Globals for a total retcon. The ingame economy is already fudged, how bout fixing it, or better yet, flushing it so 100 Globals does not equal 1 USD.
    edited May 2013
    Why ARE nerfs happening when there is plenty of bugs to fix that hurt the game A LOT MORE?

I'll start off with naming one that hurts content the most:

Luther Black in Demonflame.

Oh wait. Bugs aren't "fun" to fix.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since telepathy seems to be on the horizon, i want to take this moment to ask the devs to please make ego placate work (in pve and pvp) like smoke grenade w/ advantage. I know this would involve an increase in cool-down or tweaking the numbers but it would be nice if it "just worked" like its tech tree cousin.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soooo... what?
    Are you people going you keep nerfing powers to keep screwing with players. Even though they have been like that for months?
    So as far as I'm concerned, you people only decrease the damage of powers (Except SS, don't really care for that power) such as Gas Pellets, to keep us from doing "Too much" damage? Nerfing the damage down a bit is ok, but removing the Crit is just plain stupid and pointless- Just like Ebon Ruin's No critical chance.

Revitalize was a pretty cool spec, and in my opinion, it was perfect for some builds (PvE and PvP). But now that you nerfed it, you've just made it useless.
    I'm not going to be surprised to see more specs being broken so you guys can see us struggle while playing this shattered game.
    You people love fixing powers that mostly don't need any changes but hate fixing actual bugs and powers that need your attencion.

It's just " Nerfs, Lockboxes, Bug making and Vehicles" for you fools, isn't it?

Just do us a favor and Fix Telepathy already. It's the only thing most of us want, and the only good thing you got in your agenda. Other than that... crap.
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious as to the point of Redirected Force.

The maintain prevents any other actions (except PA toggles).

The bonus damage only lasts 4 seconds which makes it very difficult for support characters to make use of it as they'll likely be bubbling/healing instead of attacking after maintaining Redirected Force for some time (assuming they even have the energy to do so).

The resistance is decent, especially since it's in its own layer, but I have to wonder in which circumstances the power would be best used. Since it's a maintain you can't use it in situations where you need to block, yet that would be the best time to make use of the extra damage reduction.

Am I missing something or is Redirected Force much like the advantage on Empathic Healing which practically no one uses because it's a pain to make work correctly for too little benefit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2015

Indeed I take it personally as reasons given. Almost every time they make changes, it impacted my toons and it cost me lots of time, effort and some money rebuilding. And so on alert beta revitalize did not have any internal cooldown of 2 sec at all and was thus very much OP. Subsequently they released it with the 2 sec internal cooldown and have been left as such for a long time, months in fact and majority of the population did not mention anything about it. Think about it with a 6 sec internal cooldown, for a 6% reduction in cooldown time, a 3 point skill in INT tree which does not have much else to offer will make PSS Int quite worthless. At current, mainly cooldown builds even bother to use PSS int.

I will not want to judge if it is a mistake. I will only say this: if it is not working as intended even with the 2 sec internal cooldown, why wait months to fix it. Why is this not even mentioned. If you look at the throwing blade block exploit, TT explicitly say they are aware and are working to fix it. That way players know they will have to avoid this. By doing a nerf months after the release with no warning, it is just an unethical and unscrupulous way of squeezing money from their players.

Shaking up the metagame is not necessarily a bad thing but when it cost players money, then NO and it almost inadvertently will.

It is all about synergizing gear, powers, devices... with many other builds revitalize will be close to useless even without this ridiculous 6 sec internal cooldown. Anyway, I foresee myself looking at plenty of time off this game and I can focus on practicing with Blender.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will not want to judge if it is a mistake. I will only say this: if it is not working as intended even with the 2 sec internal cooldown, why wait months to fix it. Why is this not even mentioned. If you look at the throwing blade block exploit, TT explicitly say they are aware and are working to fix it. That way players know they will have to avoid this. By doing a nerf months after the release with no warning, it is just an unethical and unscrupulous way of squeezing money from their players.

The same reason why it has taken forever to fix Ice Cages not gaining more damage with Rank 2 and 3 (to be used as an example of the MANY bugs in the game right now that have been around FOREVER):

Absolutely no dev support and/or availability to work on said fixes in CO.

Honestly, I think it's as simple as that.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!