test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Single Blade Powers and a new AT

thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestions Box
The current Single Blade powers work well for the basic Knight, Ninja, Samurai style of characters and even have several of the general weapon skins for them. What it doesn't have is the powers to be a Duelist. We do have the weapon and costume skins available but no real powers that make use of them in their most effective means.

Powers

1. New Energy Builder
Pret - simple quick thrusts of the blade jabbing the point repeatedly at the targets. Piercing Damage
+has a 15% chance on the initial attack to cause the target to begin bleeding.
+Generates Energy
2 point advantage to cause all attacks to have a chance to cause the target to bleed.

2. New AoE power

Allez - Cone AoE - Rapidly thrust the blade similar animation to One Hundred Hands only with the blade clearly being the object moving. Piercing Damage
+Maintain AoE
+Each tick has a chance to apply bleeding to all targets with a full maintain guaranteeing stacks being applied.
1 point advantage causes all bleeds to be refreshed.

3. New Lunge

Leaping Thrust - Lunge forward with the tip of your blade leading the way. Has all the standard Lunge features.

4. New Passive

En Garde - Boost to all Melee attacks. Larger boost to Physical Melee Damage. Major Boost to Dodge and Avoidance on Par with Lightning Reflexes. Boosts Bleed damage. Produces an Aura of Threat as if you were hitting up to 10 targets with Crippling Challenge.
+Defensive Passive

5. New Block Replacer

Beat Parry - Follows the Block animation from Guard in Heavy Weapons.
3 - Point Advantage - Riposte - If used to block and the target is in melee range a portion of the incoming damage will be reflected back with the addition of minor piercing damage.

6. New PbAoE

Moulinet - Un-targeted PbAoE performs a circular spin striking all targets in melee range with the tip of the sword. On full charge applies bleed to these targets. Slashing and Piercing Damage

7. New Single Target Power

Zornhau - A single powerful downward in a Right-Left Diagonal movement causes Bleeds to Rupture. Slashing Damage

8. New Form - Form of the Fencer - builds stacks of Focus like other Martial Arts Forms. This Form would allow for those using the Laser Sword, Heavy Weapons, Brick, Single Blade, Fighting Claws or Infernal: Bestial to have another option for a Form...mostly Laser Sword. As Laser Sword doesn't have one specifically for it...

+ Whenever you apply or refresh a stack of Bleed, Plasma Burn, Stagger, Shredded or Disorient you gain a stack of Focus.

9. New Power - Flashing Blade - uses the single Ego Blade animation for Ego Blade Frenzy as a maintain for another Single Blade AoE maintain. It would have the same properties as Eye of The Storm with its Damage Shield would provide roughly half of what Eye of the Storm provides.

+ New Advantage - Reflection - When in Melee half the damage absorbed is reflected back at the attacker as Penetrating Damage. Penetrating Damage is only resisted by Resist All damage.
Archetype Either Tank or Hybrid Role.

Archetype: THE FENCER

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Fencer
Level 7:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 20:
Level 25:
Level 30:

Powers:
Level 1: Pret
Level 1: Reaper's Caress
Level 6: Leaping Thrust
Level 8: En Garde
Level 11: Allez or Flashing Blade
Level 14: Form of the Fencer or Form of the Swordsman
Level 17: Beat Parry
Level 21: Moulinet
Level 25: Masterful Dodge
Level 30: Bountiful Chi Resurgence
Level 35: Dragon's Bite
Level 40: Zornhau

Just an idea...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as we'd get slashing versions of these powers and the existing slashing powers are buffed to keep up with these, I'd be all for it.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    purin1 wrote: »
    As long as we'd get slashing versions of these powers and the existing slashing powers are buffed to keep up with these, I'd be all for it.

These powers are meant to represent the Fencers/Duelists of the single blade category meaning most of the attacks are going to be thrusts. That said if they made these powers why not buff the slashing single blade powers that already exist to bring them into line with the current power cycle...

That said a Slashing a Lunge would be nice to add for the Single and Dual Blade.

For the Single Blade

New Lunge -

Iaijutsu - Character dashes forward with his/her hands on his/her waist and swings the blade in a sweep across the front hitting all targets in a cone in front of you. It fuses the animation of Scything Blade and adds the forward movement of Mighty Leap. see here at about 0:45 for an example
    +All the standard Lunge Advantages.

For Dual Blade

New Lunge -

Storm Front - Character Leaps into the air coming down with a flash slashing through up to 3 targets in front of him/her. Uses The animation of Storm's Harvest and Vicious Descent.
  • Options
    d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your rapid thrusting type attack that you suggested for Single blade is one i wish hthey would add for a LONG time. Honestly why haven;t they.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /SIGNED

I have a swashbuckling Vampiress character the Scarlet Pipistrelle and it'd be lovely to swap her powers over to more appropriate sword style attacks!

And with the modern trend of mixed styles freeform characters mixing the two lots together will be superb.

the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed

I gave up on my fencer, oddly enough named Riposte, because the powers in game just didn't fit despite us having some fairly nice weapon skins for it.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed

I gave up on my fencer, oddly enough named Riposte, because the powers in game just didn't fit despite us having some fairly nice weapon skins for it.

And my toon, Swashbuckler, would love this:biggrin:

Swashbanner.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG Yes please!

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm bumping my own Single Blade powers thread because well I want it seen by those at CRYPTIC NORTH. And I thought of a few other powers...the ones earlier are for the European style fencers....lots of thrusting/piercing....this next group is for Slashing...

As we've already got a bunch of kind of good single blade slashing attacks...they just need some buffing to catch up to the power creep...

1. New Form - Form of the Fencer - builds stacks of Focus like other Martial Arts Forms. This Form would allow for those using the Laser Sword, Heavy Weapons, Brick, Single Blade, Fighting Claws or Infernal: Bestial to have another option for a Form...mostly Laser Sword. As Laser Sword doesn't have one specifically for it...

+ Whenever you apply or refresh a stack of Bleed, Plasma Burn, Stagger, Shredded or Disorient you gain a stack of Focus.

2. New Power - Flashing Blade - uses the single Ego Blade animation for Ego Blade Frenzy as a maintain for another Single Blade AoE maintain. It would have the same properties as Eye of The Storm with its Damage Shield would provide roughly half of what Eye of the Storm provides.

+ New Advantage - Reflection - When in Melee half the damage absorbed is reflected back at the attacker as Penetrating Damage. Penetrating Damage is only resisted by Resist All damage.