test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura Cosmetics: What 3 YOU want to see?

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
So, another 'pick X number of Y things' thread. This time, Aura Cosmetics.

1- Holo Hex aura. Similar to the original, perhaps change the shapes slightly.

2- Binary Code field.

3- Laser targeting eye- similar to CoX's auras.

I'm still not even certain what auras are supposed to look like.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1- Holo Hex aura. Similar to the original, perhaps change the shapes slightly.

2- Binary Code field.
    3. Dragon ball anime aura.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Wil o Wisps (Demorecord image)

Evil Shadow

Pixels
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »

this

ALSO:

Comic Shader

Water Drips

Body Aura Cancel
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fire, similar to what happens when you wander too close to one of the fires in Let's Stop a Riot! (as opposed to the dim, smoky thing that occurs around a fire-based character now).

Light Aura - the opposite of Dark Aura. Preferably to include an opposite of Shadow Wings.

Kirby Krackle aura, not unlike the aura that comes with Power Flight.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sonic Device Animation that activates in combat only

Holographic Disruptor Goggle's Aura

That Legacy Device Aura (ghost)
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well seeing as we already have a dark aura...

1. Swap slotted passive's appearance -- A way to swap appearances of existing auras with another slotted passive (let's be honest AoPM looks ugly and too much on female characters, would be better as a softer glow, similar to how AoRP has the OPTION of having a Runic Glow or no)

2. Soft glow aura -- a consistent, slight glow; can copy & paste from what the Kinetic Manipulation slotted passive does when it's in its "active combat" mode, saving development time
      12265.jpg

3. Shimmering light aura -- can do either as sparkly stuff:
      Holy_Aura_%28Visible%29.jpg
      -- or... misty stuff:
      iceauratk6.jpg

Eww! :eek:

No thanks! What the heck is wrong with you people, that looks hideous. More like your graphics card is failing than anything... Heck even in Minecraft I use those high-res texture packs (64x64 typically). But more importantly that doesn't fit the artistic style of this game, at all.

It's like putting strawberry jam on meatballs & marinara sauce, or sprinkling dog food granules on top of your ice cream sundae. Just... don't... please... The exocets are ugly and make an annoyingly repetitive mechanical loop sound effect as it is, this would be so much worse.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »

No thanks! What the heck is wrong with you people, that looks hideous. More like your graphics card is failing than anything... Heck even in Minecraft I use those high-res texture packs (64x64 typically). But more importantly that doesn't fit the artistic style of this game, at all.

It's like putting strawberry jam on meatballs & marinara sauce, or sprinkling dog food granules on top of your ice cream sundae. Just... don't... please... The exocets are ugly and make an annoyingly repetitive mechanical loop sound effect as it is, this would be so much worse.

Well, how are we going to see anything other than generic glow crap unless we suggest them, o infallible quintuple agent?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. a non-fiery glowing aura around the whole body, as others mentioned

2. an aura with floating/orbiting flames or colored spheres

3. an aura that is a glowing, faint version of the emblem choices

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2013

missingnobat.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got aura ideas as well as single power replacer aura ideas too.

Tachyon energy that bounces back and forth between target and your weapon.

Distortion visual on a target hit with weapons or melee.

Molten, frozen, shadow etc footprints.
    Eww!

That pixel aura looks amazing animated. Sorry that one of the many possible aura ideas doesn't suit you. That's what diversity is for.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's not pixels.

320px-Spectrum_Altered_Beast.png

That's pixels.

Also consider that my request for a Sinclair Spectrum Attribute Clash aura. (Good luck with that shader.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something with tentacles!
    Darknessy Tentacles!
    Maybe like something out of The Darkness!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just...port everything from CoX and I'll be happy!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if this would be possible but...an aura with a function for example, an aura which allows you to stay small in combat, same size as supershrinker device allows.

PSI/Telepathic/Mental Aura's head/eye/forehead animations

Force Field Aura's Allowing for an sphere or dome shaped forcefield.

Crystalline Aura

Bio Armor Aura..from something like CoH
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Crackling Electric Aura.

2. Glowing light aura

3. Flaming (i.e. Human Torch) aura
  • som3one1som3one1 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My top 3 would be:

1. Flies, for all those stinky heroes.
    2. Something like the slime aura from CoH.
    3. Glowing fists during combat.

Exampels on a few auras from CoH, including the pizels and slime.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8exl1phJg
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • seratuhlseratuhl Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gangsta aura, with money symbols floating about and ambient hip-hop playing in the background.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stink Lines

Glitter, Hearts, Stars

Halo
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if we're going for any aura our minds could fathom...

In no particular order :

- A 'virtual distortion' sort of effect. Probably best explained by Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph, with the occasional jumping around of graphics.

- A hazy grey static across the toon. Like if it was covered with a mild dosing of white noise across it, parts and all.

- Colour cycling. As in, it rainbows your costume and turns you into a living rave party.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Corrupted aura, which would combine effects of Blazing Speed and Dark Aura, with body emanation density dependent on your current percentage of energy relative to your equilibrium, and it also leaves traces of black flames after your movements and attacks, and it partially clings to enemies as well, but the effects are strictly visual.
    - Afterimage aura.
    - Bleeding aura.
    Wil o Wisps (Demorecord image)

This. This one bloody million times.

Also, something like the rock aura from Mountain's bracers and boots, but with the peebles floating upwards slowly around you instead of you dripping them. Could even add some lil lightnings around you for added jollies.

The thing at 1:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8exl1phJg

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An "aura" that removes all visual fx from your character.

With this "aura" on...you can use Defiance without glowing...you can use Invulnerability without sparkling...Unbreakable and Conviction no longer tint your character...etc...
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited May 2013

With this "aura" on...you can use Defiance without glowing...you can use Invulnerability without sparkling...Unbreakable and Conviction no longer tint your character...etc...

U know u love to sparkle V..
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is the only aura feature I'm genuinely interested in.
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    U know u love to sparkle V..

Someone needs to re-build that 4th wall you keep breaking.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited May 2013
    Someone needs to re-build that 4th wall you keep breaking.

Lol.. in that case they should stop players from dodging heals. Sarge is having seizures over there

And don't even get me started on Edward Cullen aka Vitality
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Lol.. in that case they should stop players from dodging heals. Sarge is having seizures over there

And don't even get me started on Edward Cullen aka Vitality

Well that's just going too far.

That comparison alone...is reason enough for Cryptic to implement my aforementioned "aura" idea.
    _________
    VARIANT

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Fantastic idea, to be honest.

Let me honestly say that I REALLY hope these aren't all 'elemental' or 'magic' auras. If so, I'm not throwing a red cent into the pot.
  • mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh please, why don't you get an aura that turns you into a bloody motionless statue and be done with it? It would certainly break the 4th and the 5th wall, wouldn't it?
    edited May 2013

/movementreset will do a lot of what you asked.
    It resets when you zone though. I had that bound for a very long time when aspect of the bestial had its hideous graphic.