test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Debuffer help needed!

syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Power Discussion
Hello,

was looking through the sets of powers and so forth, from what i can see the best debuffs come from the wizard type powers??

Can anyone suggest a build or a number of powers that would make my character a boss debuff type character please?

thanks.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
Post edited by sypherv on

Comments

• Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Debuffs usually don't have much effect against bosses. There's some new powers on PTS (telepathy) that may help with this, though.

Ego Sleep is probably the best overall debuff applicator. It's a temporary hold that applies Disorient, can be advantaged to provide Fear, works with the resistance-reducing spec tree options and will work with Sentinel Mastery (which heals your teammates when they strike the affected enemy).

It's not that great as a hold against anything other than henchmen, but it can apply a ton of effects with one shot.

If you're wanting to debuff enemy resistance to damage, you might also want to take a look at power armor. Check the builds section for the Judgebot build, as it's a good starting point for builds like that. (Disclaimer: Judgebot is a friend of mine and my guild leader, so I'm somewhat biased. Though I like what his JB character's debuffs do for my characters' damage)

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    My debuffer build can be found here
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys appreciate the replies :)

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Offensive paranormal themed debuffer:
    PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Coordinated
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Impresario
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Negotiator

Powers:
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 6: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Concentration
    Level 17: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia, Paranormal Paranoia)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Ego Sprites
    Level 35: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 38: Ritual of Ebon Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Arbiter: Enforcer (1/3)
    Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
    Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
    Arbiter: Concussion (3/3)
    Arbiter: Enhanced Gear (2/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Primary target: -24% resist all (Wither, Rend, Expose Weakness), -10% paranormal resist (Paranormal Paranoia), -35% damage dealt (Concussion, Fear, Disorient), 100% healing resist (Trauma), Team healing via Sentinel Mastery

Secondary targets: -24% resist all (Wither, Rend, Expose Weakness), -15% damage dealt (Concussion), Team healing via Sentinel Mastery

How does all that happen? Mainly from advantaged full charge Vengeance spam. Vengeance w/ Redemption Denied paralyzes the main target and stuns surrounding targets, which applies all those wonderful spec tree debuffs. Between the stacking self buff from Vengeance spam and the Nightwarrrior charge speed buffs it's possible to fully charge Vengeance about once every 2 seconds.

TK Maelstrom helps proc MSA, is another debuff carrier, makes Empathic Healing cheaper. It works on tap to quickly apply debuffs.

Ego Sleep is also mainly going to be used as a tap power rather than charge. It applies disorient and fear when advantaged. Also helps with MSA procs.

Ebon Ruin for more resist debuffing and a heal debuff. Most likely used just as a tap power.

Ego Sprites are mainly there to ensure you're getting constant healing from Sentinel Mastery. Sentinel Mastery can only proc once per second per mob, so having AoE DoT ensures you'll be getting healed as much as possible. Once the Telepathy pass goes live you will likely want to swap Ego Sprites out for one of the new interrupt/debuffs.

The ebon ritual summon is there purely for flavor. Sort of a wizard's familiar. Feel free to swap it out for whatever power you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]