test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130319.25 PTS Update

Comments

• wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL I hear some people say "overpowered" some people say "just nice".

Are these powers introduced by GC? My guess is yes.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 12:30pm Pacific on 5/24/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:
    • Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.
    • Bestial: Massacre: This power now refreshes bleeds with each strike.
    • *New Power* Rimefire Burst: Strike the target with fire and cold damage, applying Chilled if the target does not have Clinging Flames, and applying Clinging Flames if the target is not Chilled. If the target already has both of these effects this power has no cooldown and strikes all targets in an aoe and consumes these effects.
    • *New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.

Bug Fixes
    • Telepathy: New DoTs no longer incorrectly crit.
    • Ego Sprites: No longer incorrectly crits.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Very good indeed. Now let's see Containment Blast removed from Force Cascade and made into a power all its own.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug
    Firewing still does damage to you during last cutscene.

Yeah, who is going to read this if I put the bug in a relevant thread that no one is looking at anymore?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    Very good indeed. Now let's see Containment Blast removed from Force Cascade and made into a power all its own.

Defo changing ForceGirl's stats to accommodate this power..provided they go for an AoE graphic and not a glorified Nimbus of Force >_>.

I'm so glad they accepted this idea <3 GMC

Hopefully once its balanced out..we can have AoE Dome shaped Force Field. :biggrin:
    edited May 2013
    As to what Raven said about the Mind Break changes: Even with the nerf, it still does well over 40k damage with the right stuff.

The right stuff being the DoT - Debuffs right?

Yeah, I think once people read what they do and do the math, they'll see why they get such numbers. It's not OP it's just acting in accord with the debuffs it interacts with.

I agree Mind Break is powerful yes, but then again...what in CO isn't these days?

The old Telepathy Rework allowed Mentella (with Heroics and Rank 6) to hit for 61k in Support Role...so yeah..I'm glad it was nerfed really. It seems fine now...besides it is LONG overdue..
    edited May 2013
    Not able to test right now..but is anyone able to find out if the heal from Dependancy (Mental Leech)..is that activating on self or do you have to be close to your target?

Last I checked it was close to target...

Also someone confirm the Dependancy = Regenerative Holding bug please, I'd hate to see this go LIVE.

(Just stack Dependancy on a player then fire off a hold power. Hold timer should regenerate, not sure if this is the case for people with high EGO (hence stupid high hold resistance) however..)
  • raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Test: Mind Break purge/detonation:
    Parameters:
    Base Attributes: Primary: 262 Dexterity, Secondaries: 63 Constitution, 453 Intelligence
    Passive: Quarry R3
    Powers: Shadow of Doubt R3, Mental Leech R3, Mental Storm R3, Ice Sheath R3, Concentration R1 (8 stacks)
    Role: Ranged Damage
    Critical Severity: 140.8% (with Ice Sheath R3)

10 stacks of Stress/Regret/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 10 stacks: 60.8s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 168505

5 stacks of Stress/Regret/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 5 stacks: 34.8s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 79426

10 stacks of Stress/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 10 stacks: 24.9s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 76164

5 stacks of Stress/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 5 stacks: 14.4s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 30542

Notes: All attacks were critical hits. Mind Break components do not critical hit independently; all hits are simultaneously critical or non-critical hits. The value ~10k is Mind Break's damage, the other values are from purging the different debuffs.
    edited May 2013
    raediya wrote: »
    Test: Mind Break purge/detonation:
    Parameters:
    Base Attributes: Primary: 262 Dexterity, Secondaries: 63 Constitution, 453 Intelligence
    Passive: Quarry R3
    Powers: Shadow of Doubt R3, Mental Leech R3, Mental Storm R3, Ice Sheath R3
    Critical Severity: 140.8% (with Ice Sheath R3)

10 stacks of Stress/Regret/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 10 stacks: 60.8s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 168505

5 stacks of Stress/Regret/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 5 stacks: 34.8s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 79426

10 stacks of Stress/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 10 stacks: 24.9s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 76164

5 stacks of Stress/Dependency.
    Minimum time to apply 5 stacks: 14.4s
    Detonation + Mind Break total damage: 30542

Damn...I'm guessing this was in Offensive Role? (ranged?)

With Concentration @ 8 stacks?

Still that's really powerful...kinda scary if I am honest, then again..how much -defense would that have applied to target? Last time I checked one stack of Stress = -5% defense against Ego damage..so at 10 stacks = -50% ego damage resistance.

Also that's a long time (I'd say) to put out those numbers...but they are still quite high in ranged role...
    edited May 2013
    Bug
    Firewing still does damage to you during last cutscene.

Yeah, who is going to read this if I put the bug in a relevant thread that no one is looking at anymore?

I thought this was only when he was killed under the platform? His "Continuous Burns" passive/power deals annoying damage.
    edited May 2013
    Damn...I'm guessing this was in Offensive Role? (ranged?)

With Concentration @ 8 stacks?

Still that's really powerful...kinda scary if I am honest, then again..how much -defense would that have applied to target? Last time I checked one stack of Stress = -5% defense against Ego damage..so at 10 stacks = -50% ego damage resistance.

Also that's a long time (I'd say) to put out those numbers...but they are still quite high in ranged role...

The damage still appears to be absurdly high in my opinion.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited May 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    The damage still appears to be absurdly high in my opinion.

No desputing that fact from my corner, I think perhaps the base increase by 20% to Mindbreak may have been too much? Reduce the base increase percentage to 10 or 15% and lets test that.

I don't think I can hit 61k in support role anymore though :D
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No desputing that fact from my corner, I think perhaps the base increase by 20% to Mindbreak may have been too much? Reduce the base increase percentage to 10 or 15% and lets test that.

I don't think I can hit 61k in support role anymore though :D

TBH anything above 20k is already bordering on OP imbalanced.
    edited May 2013
    TBH anything above 20k is already bordering on OP imbalanced.

But that means....my Cascade on Nova Remnant. :(
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^THIS so much. As far as I am concerned they are working beautifully. The DoT not critting was a blessing and the damage decrease was well needed. They are perfect apart from...MoTM<--Master of the Mind...needs a better animation..and perhaps a slight cost tweak, for the cost and CD it has...it lasts for a remarkably short time.

I am worried about Dependancy..I'm not sure why it causes hold HP to regenerate..it only does it by a very small amount..but it would be deadly on paralyzes (which is the only form of hold I have tested it on so far.

Stacking for Telepaths? = WIN. Remove them and suffer PSI wrath..yes I will tell them to hide in the walls again..don't tempt me! :tongue:

Now...Redirected Force? Requires Rename IMO...to Force Field or Force Barrier. Get rid of the Nimbus likeness and make it a maintain AoE with the proper graphic, anyone within that sphere of 35 ft would be encompased in the graphic providing damage resistance.

Again I will repost the orginal suggestion here...Consider please, I am BEGGING YOU!

Force Field - (Mah AoE shielding *-*) - When the going gets tough and your team need protection, you are ready to prove your worth by creating and expanding an impenetrable and large field of defensive energy, repelling all would be attackers and providing the ultimate defense.
    +Provides immense damage Resistance to all targets within the bubble
    + All targets within field gain high knock resistance
    + Your force field is affected by your damage resistance values and can be healed
    + Is affected by your Dodge/Avoidance values (but only accepts 1/3 of them)
    + Lasts longer than a normal active defensive
    - It is a pet so it can be attacked and destroyed
    - Accepts only half added damage resistance from you
    - Only recieves 1/3 of the healing it should.
    - You can only hold a powerful shield like that for so long (25 seconds) (100 sec recharge)

I'm loving this!!! it would be really cool a big bubble a dome!
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since you guys seem to be fixing bugs and such lately. I got some request for some bug fixing. The sg system needs a big fix. The event tab is very buggy and glitcly the messege of the day posting info and such like that is hard because it doesn't correctly delete things or correctly post it. But yes I would think the sg system is a low thing on the list. But this is one of the things that is needed..

I would say focus on the tailor first but sg system is really needed for an update
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New powers? Telepathy? Wow. I smiled like an idiot for five minutes straight when I first saw that xD Wow, new fire power. Haven't seen a new fire power since F2P (and that was Fire Shield, aside from Energy storm no new powers have been seen since launch I think) . To think it is fire/ice to boot. That's a nice power there for thermal manipulation peeps.

Also glad for telepathy and it being back. I'm glad for our TP people and the TP powerset as a whole. :P Sincerely hoping these powers are rolled out as polished as possible.

And that Force power seems amazing. o.o I too have wanted an AoE shield. I hope they give it a sexy new FX on top of all the other sexy.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    edited October 2015

I like the idea of the power myself, but the actual implementation is a bit meh..its like a weird telepathy ultimate.

I'd like Telepathy AD/AO myself, which either increased control effects for the AO and the AD to increase CC resistance or something.

I've currently got it as a filler power. And I rarely use it, I hate to say it..but it seems a little unnecessary as a Transform. But having said that a Transform power (like a PSI titan or Astral Being/Form) would be welcomed by me personally.

For example something like this:

Astral Blast - Sending your astral form into an opponent for a chance to insta kill (would have same mechanics as Death Ray i.e. insta kill would not work on higher than Enforcer, but for every above Enforcer target they would take XXX extra damage.)

Astral Form - By leaving your body in a protective psionic field you can exit your physical body and attack foes with your astral weapons/blasts. You are immune to all damage apart from Dimensional/Magic/Ego. However, after five seconds the shield around your physical form is dropped leaving your body vulnerable to attack. If your body dies your astral form will die too. Toggle Power which drains Energy and HP at a slow rate. Exiting this form will return you to your body at 50% hp and energy, regardless of your bodies previous state. Ranking this power up will gain it more weapons/attacks. (Works in a similar fashion to a become, i.e. Passive - Astral Being (granting Physical and Energy Damage immunity), Three Astral Weapons for Melee Range and Three Long Range Astral Blast Powers, and a block replacer Astral Defense)

Both are just concept ideas, I am of the mind set that past the bugs that are reported and perhaps FX changes nothing more is being developed, but it's worth a shot IMO.

The idea behind Astral Form would be similar to MoTM but you'd be granted damage immunity like old Vapor Form, but it would only apply to Non - Dimensional/Ego/Magic damage.

I wasn't sure on the cost of the power...so I thought like all toggles they drain energy from you as long as they are active..

When you leave your body..all healing to the body is stopped, the new astral form ignores all form powers and possible damage/defense buffs, cannot heal and would have a hefty CD. If your body is being attacked and dies..you cease to exist as well, cancelling the toggle and gaining a defeat.

The Astral Form would have some regenerative healing perhaps some sort of HoT on kill which can be used to maintain survival (not sure if that is needed with Physical and Energy dmg immunity)

It's a concept I'd very much like to see in CO's Telepathy.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    edited May 2013
    Bug

Your Ebbing Lifeforce gives 42 Health Points to Test Dummy.

Accidental application of confuse, seems to CONFUSE the secondary effect of this power making it heal enemies who have been confused. Sorry :frown:

edited May 2013
    Hello, I have noticed a bug on the Chilled, when using Rimefire Burst or Energy storm, the clinging flames get consumed as supposed to, but Chilled stays, so the power doesn't become AoE and it's cooldown isn't set on zero for the next use. This bug is older than Rimefire Burst I think.
    I have noticed that if someone else uses Rimefire burst on a target, and you use Rimefire burst on it, you DO consume the clinging flames and chilled, and get the cooldown turned to 0 for next use, but it seems to not work otherwise.

Confirmed, just re-highlighting.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, Telepacy now!
  • amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • *New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.

Could this be changed to increasing all damage, and not just ranged, instead?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what I got on the test dummy
    If you have chilled and clinging flames on the target.
    ---It doesn't reset to zero time. You still get the 30 second CD.
    also sometimes it doesn't wipe the chill/flames.

---with only chill on target- rimefire gives chill and clinging flames,
    ---with only clinging flames it gives nothing.

so its all three possibilities, actually there's four, I havent tried it with no chill or clinging flames
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, telepathy reworks have been added now.....YAY!! I going to take a wild guess and say that they either didn't have enough devs at the moment to work on this or they were trying to rebalance stuff. Either way this is a very very good sign.:biggrin:
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the New Telepathy powers there seems to be a few powers missing....The Ego, Id and Super Ego summons are missing...at least it looks like it...
    edited May 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    From the New Telepathy powers there seems to be a few powers missing....The Ego, Id and Super Ego summons are missing...at least it looks like it...

Yeah, along with Mind Wipe which was the threat wipe, my guess is they were not put in because either there is some issues with it..or it was not needed/got scrapped.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug: Redirected Force does not have a maintain bar, so you can hold it indefinitely as long as you have energy to keep it up.

If that's the purpose, then that's okay then :P
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Bug: Redirected Force does not have a maintain bar, so you can hold it indefinitely as long as you have energy to keep it up.

If that's the purpose, then that's okay then :P

I got the impression that was the purpose myself..damn I wish they'd hurry up and rename it..
  • tigerintheshadowtigerintheshadow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ego Sprites is still filed under Close Range Attacks.
    Is that considered a BUG of the TYPO variety?

Luv the new ranged area attacks, awesome to play Telepathy as Offensive Ranged as a valid and effective option :-)

Congress of Selves, I am wondering if the Stealth is neccessary...
    It is damned nice, I can walk between any set of mobs, as long as dont bump anyone, I can go merily on my way...
    But in a set of controls and debuffs and interupts in every power, is any Stealth needed?

And can we get a Mental Block?
    Pun intended, I'd actually get a Block Enhance named that, lol.
    edited May 2013
    Ego Sprites is still filed under Close Range Attacks.
    Is that considered a BUG of the TYPO variety?

Luv the new ranged area attacks, awesome to play Telepathy as Offensive Ranged as a valid and effective option :-)

Congress of Selves, I am wondering if the Stealth is neccessary...
    It is damned nice, I can walk between any set of mobs, as long as dont bump anyone, I can go merily on my way...
    But in a set of controls and debuffs and interupts in every power, is any Stealth needed?

And can we get a Mental Block?
    Pun intended, I'd actually get a Block Enhance named that, lol.

Stealth is a nice buff, its minor and suits a telepath..i.e. twisting your targets visual cortex/perception so they fail to notice you.

As for a telepathic block enhancer..been suggesting one for AGES. I'll post it here.

Mental Shield<--Block Replacer/Enhancer

Mental Shield creates a protective barrier of psychic energy that reduces incoming damage and increases in effectiveness as time goes on. Has a 2% chance to fully Placate attacking enemies (3 max) (20% chance to placate at 10 stacks). Protection increases as block is held. (stacks up to 10 max, each stack increases protection by 5%)
    250% all damage resist (300% to Paranormal) - (Same block dmg resist progression as Eldritch Shield)

Advantages: Trick of the mind <--2pt advantage
    This advantage gives you a 50% chance to cloud the visual cortex of your enemies. By reaching into your foes mind through your shield you can twist their visual cortex, rendering you invisible and un targetable for 10 seconds. However this advantage can only be activated on an application of crippling challenge or when your health falls below 60%. Attacking during this stealthed period will render you visible. This effect can only be activated once every 30 seconds.

As for the FX..I was thinking either a standard mental construct which is maintained with the Ego Blast Pose active, OR a Collective Will Being standing in front of your character whilst doing the Ego Blast Pose.

In both instances I mean the charging Ego Blast Pose, its an amazing pose, we need more of it.

As for the name... I'd be willing to change it to...Psychic Barrier, Mental Barrier, Psychic Shield or something like Astral Defence or something astral/psychic/mental related.

For the effect to activate on Crippling Application, I'd suggest perhaps the shield icon to be slightly less greyed out? And you can tap the block button and the collective will guy/standard construct would momentarily appear, which would then grant the chance to proc.
  • tigerintheshadowtigerintheshadow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stealth is a nice buff, its minor and suits a telepath..i.e. twisting your targets visual cortex/perception so they fail to notice you.

Like I said, the Stealth is NICE... just not really necessary if all your enemies are Sleeping anyway. lol.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait to see what next weekend brings if the devs have spare time from NW to do more stuff.
  • merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    {B]Release Notes:[/B]
    • Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.

Er, may we get a re-release of the patch notes involving these powers? It's kind of been a while..
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry, but telepathy getting stealth with that reasoning is as good reasoning as saying a fire elemental has stealth from burning his targets eyes and ears off. Or a brick is stealth by beating his foes into a severe concussion, thus, preventing his targets from being able to notice him as a hostile. (because they're practically unconscious as it is).
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but telepathy getting stealth with that reasoning is as good reasoning as saying a fire elemental has stealth from burning his targets eyes and ears off. Or a brick is stealth by beating his foes into a severe concussion, thus, preventing his targets from being able to notice him as a hostile. (because they're practically unconscious as it is).

Not if you take the time to think about it, the reasoning is totally fine.

Besides it is built INTO the passive it is not full stealth, it is aggression stealth..we had this conversation 9 months ago lol...

Again I will reiterate we were talking about the minor aggression stealth gained from CoS.

Mind Wipe, the threat wipe/stealth power which was once there no longer exists on PTS, most likely removed.
    edited May 2013
    Like I said, the Stealth is NICE... just not really necessary if all your enemies are Sleeping anyway. lol.

Yeah but just for clarity...for some people who didn't read your original comment...we are talking about CoS's minor aggression stealth, which allows you to go closer to your foes without being attacked. <--Just saying.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am making a new PTS toon to test these powers today. Sounds fun.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, just finished the first West Side story arc--levels 6-10.

Congress of Selves is rough at low levels solo, especially against enemies that never use ego damage attacks. On the other hand, lower cost for mentalist powers worked out well. I noticed the aggression stealth--I liked it a lot. I could get to a good position to start a fight before the mobs attacked.

I went with Mind Break, Ego Sprites, and Psi Lash for powers. Ego Sprites had the slave mentality advantage to let me survive solo. The passive boosted Ego Sprite damage nicely.

I was able to complete Talos takedown without being defeated. Likewise, I had no problem beating Kevin Poe at level 10.

P.S. Is it better to report playtest results here, or in Telepathy Feedback thread?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2013
    Well, just finished the first West Side story arc--levels 6-10.

Congress of Selves is rough at low levels solo, especially against enemies that never use ego damage attacks. On the other hand, lower cost for mentalist powers worked out well. I noticed the aggression stealth--I liked it a lot. I could get to a good position to start a fight before the mobs attacked.

I went with Mind Break, Ego Sprites, and Psi Lash for powers. Ego Sprites had the slave mentality advantage to let me survive solo. The passive boosted Ego Sprite damage nicely.

I was able to complete Talos takedown without being defeated. Likewise, I had no problem beating Kevin Poe at level 10.

P.S. Is it better to report playtest results here, or in Telepathy Feedback thread?

If its not bugs, and just experience Telepathy Feedback thread would be better IMO
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So they got rid of Mind Wipe? The one power I was looking forward to? Sweet.

Also, you "fixed" one of the only good things about telepathy DoTs (they crit). So now ego sprites is once again horrible, and the new powers will all follow suit.

Why can you not just fix DoTs so they can crit per tick? Is it -really- that hard? Seriously? Like, literally every game in the history of ever with DoT effects has managed it.

I realize that the "over time" system in CO works in a really stupid way, where a power has a big lump sum of damage or healing that it deals, that is then divided up into ticks per time. But why can you not just make them work like a maintain does?

Snark never dies.
    edited May 2013
    the heal from consuming stacks of mental leech still crits and its quite nice...thus far in survivability.

Redirected Force (really hope the name gets changed to the one RavenForce is asking for). Works really well on a Power Armor set up. If you gear and stat for the build the way you would have for an old three toggle build mini-gun and micro munitions or micro munitions and shoulder launcher the damage buff seriously ramps up the dps, especially on R3 Micro Munitions by the time I had 10 stacks of the damage buff most hits from micro munitions were hitting for over 1k...
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, along with Mind Wipe which was the threat wipe, my guess is they were not put in because either there is some issues with it..or it was not needed/got scrapped.

This is news to me. Mind Wipe is a GREAT power and was perfectly in line with the power mechanics of the game.

I didn't play with the Becomes but it is perhaps good to see them leave until the UI is made to handle these powers in the pet tray.
    gamehobo wrote: »

Questions to testers:
    1. Did any FX get added/changed?
    2. The Ego, The Id, The Superego - Did UI for these powers get changed? What about their cost.. 1 advantage point per manifestation or two advantage points?
    3. Did Master of the Mind get its proper transform animation?
    4. Please check the scaling with END for manifestations for OP. Is the range still 100ft? Any cooldown/pain other negative effect when destroyed?
    5. Is there any ADDED benefit to having one Manifestation of each type out at the same time? (An Id, And Ego and a Superego)
    6. Please check that the heal from dependency is around the caster and not around the enemy.. that bug was pretty recurring.
    7. Has the interrupt been given a % chance or is it still 100%? Does it in any way scale with Manipulator?
    8. And just for my reference, please check the debuff on Collective Will advantage and tell me if that is still stacking Per "Will" that strikes you (aka 5 stacks if they all attack one target) or if it's one stack per target.
    9. Any changes to Attack speed of Summon Nightmare or Psychic Vortex?
    10. There was a bug that allowed for targets to be held longer than they were supposed to using one of the DoTs.. Has this been addressed?
    11. Do the Telepathy DoTs still break holds that are not sleep? Incapacitates?
    12. Has there been any change to Congress of Selves or Mind wipe? (i sincerely hope not)
    13. Does Redirected Force Scale with any mechanic (Heal Strength, Superstats, etc)
    edited May 2013
    This is news to me. Mind Wipe is a GREAT power and was perfectly in line with the power mechanics of the game.

I didn't play with the Becomes
    Questions to testers:
    1. Did any FX get added/changed?
    2. The Ego, The Id, The Superego - Did UI for these powers get changed? What about their cost.. 1 advantage point per manifestation or two advantage points?
    3. Did Master of the Mind get its proper transform animation?
    4. Please check the scaling with END for manifestations for OP. Is the range still 100ft? Any cooldown/pain other negative effect when destroyed?
    5. Is there any ADDED benefit to having one Manifestation of each type out at the same time? (An Id, And Ego and a Superego)
    6. Please check that the heal from dependency is around the caster and not around the enemy.. that bug was pretty recurring.
    7. Has the interrupt been given a % chance or is it still 100%? Does it in any way scale with Manipulator?
    8. And just for my reference, please check the debuff on Collective Will advantage and tell me if that is still stacking Per "Will" that strikes you (aka 5 stacks if they all attack one target) or if it's one stack per target.
    9. Any changes to Attack speed of Summon Nightmare or Psychic Vortex?
    10. There was a bug that allowed for targets to be held longer than they were supposed to using one of the DoTs.. Has this been addressed?
    11. Do the Telepathy DoTs still break holds that are not sleep? Incapacitates?
    12. Has there been any change to Congress of Selves or Mind wipe? (i sincerely hope not)
    13. Does Redirected Force Scale with any mechanic (Heal Strength, Superstats, etc)

Not sure about the others, but the new powers do scale with Manipulator or at least build stacks of it. and The Id, Ego and Super Ego are missing as well as the Mind Wipe power...the heal ticks from Mental Leech's debuff are around the target...consuming them though heals you...and right now Master of the Mind doesn't have any animation other than causing a levitation effect similar to Ascension
  • thedarkshadowenthedarkshadowen Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug: Conditioning advantage to Congress of Selves has a typo: "Congross" of Selves
    edited May 2013
    BUG

Congress of Selves is working in Ranged DPS Role

BUG

Mind Wipe is gone as a power. Please bring it back

BUG

Interrupts do not work on Teliosarus. (Monster Island). Will check other baddies to see their response to the mechanic.

Kigatilik - Respects Interrupt
    MegaTerek - Respects Interrupt
    Ripper- Respects Interrupt
    Teliosaurus - Does NOT respect Interrupt in Open World.. DOES in MI Crisis
    Open Mission Mega-Destroid - Respects Interrupt (need to test on Resistance)

BUG

Shadow of Doubt and Ego Leech both break sleeping targets

BUG

There is no Talent for +12 INT and +12 EGO

BUG

Mental Leech heals players in melee range of the target instead of the caster

- -

By brining back the September versions of the powers instead of the November versions that already had many of these fixed I feel that you are taking a step backwards instead of forward. You say that you've been working on "tricky bugs" for the last 9 months but you put the powers back on PTS in a worse state than they were in November.. this is rather.. inconsistent. I don't really see much work that has been done on them at all functionally. This is really to say I call BS when I see it so please be truthful this time around. I went and paid for a subscription JUST to do this testing FOR YOU Cryptic. If you reward my work with more indifference we will indeed have an issue with each other.

I must say that it is disappointing to see that interrupts are not being dealt with on a sliding scale. Please implement SOMETHING to stop them from being abused by players who have not earned their reliable effectiveness by investing in Hold Strength.

I'd still like to see some of the animations change (at very least be able to choose emanation point), but I suppose Splosion's truly has been busy making vehicle powers
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUG

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

It works in every role. New tech, I think.

And Redirected Force is a defense buff, not shield HP. Doesn't seem to scale with anything besides rank.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    BUG

Congress of Self works in all roles which is kind of awesome imho...
    edited May 2013

[*]Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.

I can't quite tell what the heal has been reduced to.. could you be a bit more specific as to what "significant" is? Also the heal is/was supposed to be around the caster, not around the target.

Mind Break seems more useful now (specifically at lower levels). I need to still check that Mind Break Consumes the heal to the caster correctly too (and not to the enemy as it tended to do before).
    Bestial: Massacre: This power now refreshes bleeds with each strike.

I love this change but it does diminish some of the usefulness of bite and other bleed causing powers. Essentially this makes spamming Massacre more useful but that means all of the "combo" of using set-up/refresh powers much more irrelevant.

One of the major good things from Telepathy is that no one power is enough to be spammed to oblivion for massive damage. I hate seeing Gigabolt Spam/ Force Cascade spam. I think Melee would be extremely worse served by not having the variety of different powers.

If your purpose of this change is to make Massacre more effective with bleeds why not give it added damage for consuming bleeds instead of refreshing them? (Much like how Ego Blade Annihilation Consumes Ego Leech)
    edited May 2013
    That's not a bug, it's a feature.

It works in every role. New tech, I think.

And Redirected Force is a defense buff, not shield HP. Doesn't seem to scale with anything besides rank.

Incorrect. Congress of Selves is a SUPPORT Passive, which means it should ONLY work in HYBRID and SUPPORT Roles. Nothing else.

So therefore, that stands as a massive BUG.
    edited May 2013

Yeah, according to Blademaster the power was blatantly OP? or something to that effect..it was nine months ago..I can't quite remember what he said.

I am sad that it has gone, I hope they bring it back though. Cause I'm currently using MoTM as a filler at rank 3 lol