What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130319.25 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 12:30pm Pacific on 5/24/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:
  • Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.
  • Bestial: Massacre: This power now refreshes bleeds with each strike.
  • *New Power* Rimefire Burst: Strike the target with fire and cold damage, applying Chilled if the target does not have Clinging Flames, and applying Clinging Flames if the target is not Chilled. If the target already has both of these effects this power has no cooldown and strikes all targets in an aoe and consumes these effects.
  • *New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.

Bug Fixes
  • Telepathy: New DoTs no longer incorrectly crit.
  • Ego Sprites: No longer incorrectly crits.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, what?
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Blinks blinks*
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ohhh, time to play with GC's new stuff.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any bug fixes comeing along with this?
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo sounds like our devs have returned.

However, pls pls pls clear all the bugs and balance before releasing the new powers.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.
    BUG
    I am on a silver account and cannot reach PTS.

*New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.
    [/LIST]
    BUG
    This power was not named "Ravenforce" LOL

For real tho.. You had to pick memorial day weekend. I'mma be river rafting and enjoying the great indoors of an outdoors-ish luxury cabin!

.. Dilemma.. paying for an account goes directly against my instinct of the last time i got excited. But things have a way of hitting live before I can review them anyhow.

If they are live by Monday I'll just have to trust that all my greatest dreams came true.

Questions to testers:
    1. Did any FX get added/changed?
    2. The Ego, The Id, The Superego - Did UI for these powers get changed? What about their cost.. 1 advantage point per manifestation or two advantage points?
    3. Did Master of the Mind get its proper transform animation?
    4. Please check the scaling with END for manifestations for OP. Is the range still 100ft? Any cooldown/pain other negative effect when destroyed?
    5. Is there any ADDED benefit to having one Manifestation of each type out at the same time? (An Id, And Ego and a Superego)
    6. Please check that the heal from dependency is around the caster and not around the enemy.. that bug was pretty recurring.
    7. Has the interrupt been given a % chance or is it still 100%? Does it in any way scale with Manipulator?
    8. And just for my reference, please check the debuff on Collective Will advantage and tell me if that is still stacking Per "Will" that strikes you (aka 5 stacks if they all attack one target) or if it's one stack per target.
    9. Any changes to Attack speed of Summon Nightmare or Psychic Vortex?
    10. There was a bug that allowed for targets to be held longer than they were supposed to using one of the DoTs.. Has this been addressed?
    11. Do the Telepathy DoTs still break holds that are not sleep? Incapacitates?
    12. Has there been any change to Congress of Selves or Mind wipe? (i sincerely hope not)
    13. Does Redirected Force Scale with any mechanic (Heal Strength, Superstats, etc)
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Le derp ignore this post didnt notice that Hobo was joking lol (not used to it! =p)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jumping right into it I see!

Rimefire Burst
    Is this supposed to apply both Clinging Flames and Chill when activated if neither is effecting the target currently? That would be nice.

Redirected Force
    Can this be changed to increase ALL of your physical damage? We really don't want ranged to be more appealing than it already is. (I'm using this on my healer. Screw the buff. =b)

I think Manifestations are going to be removed.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG OMG I AM DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

You guys...omg...I dont even...*faints*

o_O: My..My AoE Shielding....

EDIT: AoE shielding is a Nimbus Reskin...eww..please make it like an actual AoE Force Field...and what happened to Mind Wipe?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just so you know guys, there's a PTS channel. Join it. There are more people registered to it than there are in the Trade channel.
  • Options
    xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what is this PTS channel called? Though if it ends up being just being PTS I am going to feel a bit silly asking.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Start feeling silly!

And OMG New powers! If stuff like this gets added regularly, we'll be on the right track.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug

As far as I can tell..Dependency is STILL causing holds to regenerate.

To test, stack Dependancy on a target (like a player) then case a hold, you'll see the hold numbers flicker up as they exchange breakfree to +hold HP.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled. The heals from these powers were a bit too strong and have been reduced significantly. The damage from purging the new effects with Mind Break has been reduced by roughly 25% per stack, but the base damage has been increased by 20% on the power to help compensate.

From some testing, it doesn't seem this correctly went through, as its still possible to deal massive spike damage with the attack. Please look into this! Also I heard a complaint that the stacking still takes absurdly long, they suggested to reduce the max stacks from 10 down to 5 per power. This might also fix the absurd damage end of things.
    [*]Bestial: Massacre: This power now refreshes bleeds with each strike.
    Ok, I can tolerate this, now that Beastial has its refresher power CAN YOU GIVE SINGLE BLADE SOME ATTENTION NOW PLEASE? Just saying, Massacre does exactly what Dragon's Bite is supposed to do AND applies knockdown AND deals more damage AND costs less energy. The only advantage Dragon's Bite has is....Rush? Barely, FoS isn't refreshed by Bleed refreshes (should be fixed!)
    [*]*New Power* Rimefire Burst: Strike the target with fire and cold damage, applying Chilled if the target does not have Clinging Flames, and applying Clinging Flames if the target is not Chilled. If the target already has both of these effects this power has no cooldown and strikes all targets in an aoe and consumes these effects.

[*]*New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.

YAY NEW POWERS.
    Bug Fixes
    • Telepathy: New DoTs no longer incorrectly crit.
    • Ego Sprites: No longer incorrectly crits.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens
    YAY BUG FIXES.

EDIT: A couple other DoTs you should look into. Gas Pellets, Pestilence and Ebon Ruin's DoT.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    If they are live by Monday I'll just have to trust that all my greatest dreams came true.

Given that Monday is Memorial Day in the US... dubious. :biggrin:

I haven't been told of any planned release date; please do give us all the feedback you guys can. For once, I promise I won't mind seeing the #TelepathyNow hashtag. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Considering how close they were to being completed and how the pace of the dev crew is having a swift kick in rear lately (and when I say that I mean devs being added into the crew), I think there is finally some of that change we've been wanting.

So...how's the concept art for the Dark Champions zone coming along? ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From some testing, it doesn't seem this correctly went through, as its still possible to deal massive spike damage with the attack. Please look into this! Also I heard a complaint that the stacking still takes absurdly long, they suggested to reduce the max stacks from 10 down to 5 per power. This might also fix the absurd damage end of things.

The 30 stacks are to allow teams of telepaths the chance to synergize. 5 stacks per target means that each telepath only needs to cast each DoT once before their DoT no longer contributes to the fight's consume mechanic.

If ONE telepath takes all their time to get to 30 stacks its worth the benefit of the massive spike. If 5 telepaths stack them quickly then the strongest of them can consume the stacks and enjoy the benefit of a faster buildup.

But again I have to say that the 30 stacks are very welcomed from a teaming standpoint. Please do not remove them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bugs:

Ice Cage: R2 and R3 damage and explosion damage are not scaling with any stat at all.

Stone Shroud: Imposing strength is not working at all... it debuffs the enemies with it, but it doesn't slow them down. Also imposing strength is not even shown on the tooltips.

Rimefire Burst: Its not getting nor its cooldown reset or the AoE component when both Chill and Clinging Flames are applied.

Redirected Force: Its increasing base damage instead of normal damage... its just way too much damage lol, being able to get 20k base Force Cascades...lol... now imagine how easy its going to get those 10 stacks in a 5 man. Its proccing from not only the damage that allies take, but the damage you take as well... this might be intended though. Oh... also this power is supposed to be a maintain but the maintain bar is not appearing.

Suggestion:

Imbue: guys... can we get a visual indication that the new imbue is on? I think the ideal way its to use the already existing graphical asset... which is the old imbue effect that looked like a wicked aura on top of your character.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The 30 stacks are to allow teams of telepaths the chance to synergize. 5 stacks per target means that each telepath only needs to cast each DoT once before their DoT no longer contributes to the fight's consume mechanic.

If ONE telepath takes all their time to get to 30 stacks its worth the benefit. But again I have to say that the 30 stacks are very welcomed from a teaming standpoint. Please do not remove them.

^THIS so much. As far as I am concerned they are working beautifully. The DoT not critting was a blessing and the damage decrease was well needed. They are perfect apart from...MoTM<--Master of the Mind...needs a better animation..and perhaps a slight cost tweak, for the cost and CD it has...it lasts for a remarkably short time.

I am worried about Dependancy..I'm not sure why it causes hold HP to regenerate..it only does it by a very small amount..but it would be deadly on paralyzes (which is the only form of hold I have tested it on so far.

Stacking for Telepaths? = WIN. Remove them and suffer PSI wrath..yes I will tell them to hide in the walls again..don't tempt me! :tongue:

Now...Redirected Force? Requires Rename IMO...to Force Field or Force Barrier. Get rid of the Nimbus likeness and make it a maintain AoE with the proper graphic, anyone within that sphere of 35 ft would be encompased in the graphic providing damage resistance.

Again I will repost the orginal suggestion here...Consider please, I am BEGGING YOU!

Force Field - (Mah AoE shielding *-*) - When the going gets tough and your team need protection, you are ready to prove your worth by creating and expanding an impenetrable and large field of defensive energy, repelling all would be attackers and providing the ultimate defense.
    +Provides immense damage Resistance to all targets within the bubble
    + All targets within field gain high knock resistance
    + Your force field is affected by your damage resistance values and can be healed
    + Is affected by your Dodge/Avoidance values (but only accepts 1/3 of them)
    + Lasts longer than a normal active defensive
    - It is a pet so it can be attacked and destroyed
    - Accepts only half added damage resistance from you
    - Only recieves 1/3 of the healing it should.
    - You can only hold a powerful shield like that for so long (25 seconds) (100 sec recharge)
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 12:30pm Pacific on 5/24/13

[*]Telepathy: Rework: New telepathy rework powers have had some minor tweaks and have been reenabled.

*Squeels in delight* You're finally doing something we've all been waiting for! Woohoo, keep it up guys! Hope to see this stuff in working order for Live soon.

Also, if you can... check my most recently created thread and take a looksie in case there's something you might want to add to this.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug:

Fire Strike: Fiery Escalation its capping at 3 stacks instead of the 4 stacks stated by the tooltip.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Crush! Now give us a new C-store costume set and all will be forgiven. For a week, that is.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Jay, now you can change your hashtag to #TelepathySOON! :smile:

Rimefire... I may have to resurrect an old PnP character of mine - Frostfire, mixed flame and ice powers. This power would suit him perfectly. Of course, then I'd have to get a sub or LTS so I could build him...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Redirected Force: Too expensive for my taste and limiting it to ranged physical damage buff drastically cuts down on the number of builds it can be used effectively with. Not sure if intended but the damage buff increased the base damage. can stack to more than 10 if multiple targets are being hit by AoE. http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/Falchoin/RedirectedForceBuggy_zps300d3350.jpg <- Before 34 stacks 2GM would hit for 524.

New(ish) Telepathy: I suggest only letting one stack per debuff per player. Increase the debuff/heal amount accordingly. There are a few reasons for this. First, Mind Break is obscene with 10 stacks per debuff. Second, the amount of debuffing/healing at max stacks is probably too good yet pitiful in most situations since targets will die before even getting one stack in most team situations. Third, it makes the set flow better in my opinion as you can Mind Break the debuffs as they're about to expire.

Rimefire goes on cooldown even if the target is affected by clinging flames and chilled (testing using flashfire/frost breath).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kostlivec333kostlivec333 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I have noticed a bug on the Chilled, when using Rimefire Burst or Energy storm, the clinging flames get consumed as supposed to, but Chilled stays, so the power doesn't become AoE and it's cooldown isn't set on zero for the next use. This bug is older than Rimefire Burst I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Redirected Force: Too expensive for my taste and limiting it to ranged physical damage buff drastically cuts down on the number of builds it can be used effectively with. Not sure if intended but the damage buff increased the base damage. can stack to more than 10 if multiple targets are being hit by AoE. http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/Falchoin/RedirectedForceBuggy_zps300d3350.jpg
    [/COLOR]

I just did some testing and its actually normal damage, not base damage. I compared it against stacks of Concentration that give me 10% damage each... so 2 stacks of that gave me the exact as 1 stack of Redirected Force Rank 3 (20% damage). And I am quite sure that concentration stacks are normal damage, not base.

Edit: Either the case its base damage or not... definitely it feels way powerful... can you imagine on 5 mans how easy its going to get those 10 stacks?? Def the dmg increase needs to be toned down, one way or another.

Edit #2: LE DERP! it is base damage HAHAHA. I forgot I had the avenger thing that gave me 15% base damage lol. yeah you are right Falchoin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New(ish) Telepathy: I suggest only letting one stack per debuff per player. Increase the debuff/heal amount accordingly. There are a few reasons for this. First, Mind Break is obscene with 10 stacks per debuff. Second, the amount of debuffing/healing at max stacks is probably too good yet pitiful in most situations since targets will die before even getting one stack in most team situations. Third, it makes the set flow better in my opinion as you can Mind Break the debuffs as they're about to expire.

I'd rather be able to feel as if I was working towards something rather than being stagnated in combat by only stacking once. It also allows for CO-OPERATIVE Telepath play, which as was explained on the earlier page..was/is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather be able to feel as if I was working towards something rather than being stagnated in combat by only stacking once. It also allows for CO-OPERATIVE Telepath play, which as was explained on the earlier page..was/is a good thing.

It would still allow cooperative gameplay as each player could stack their own instance of the debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can we get MoTM <Master of the Mind>

A nice Astral Form style animation? Like it makes you look like an astral being? How hard would that be?

It looks and feels like a Transform Power, but with the flight...which is about Ascension Speed..it looks a little bit out of place..

I was thinking either conventional Astral Forms or PSI titan style.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I can tolerate this, now that Beastial has its refresher power CAN YOU GIVE SINGLE BLADE SOME ATTENTION NOW PLEASE? Just saying, Massacre does exactly what Dragon's Bite is supposed to do AND applies knockdown AND deals more damage AND costs less energy. The only advantage Dragon's Bite has is....Rush? Barely, FoS isn't refreshed by Bleed refreshes (should be fixed!)

A complete melee balance pass is needed again not just one set. Particularly the brick sets are very low in dps, except for unleash rage. The devs apparently trying to please individual players instead of fixing bugs and balance the game is getting a bit annoying by now (not directed against you).

As for feedback on the new and re-added telepathy powers.

The damage resistance on redirect force is good by itself, but the 200% max on damage bonus is really way over the top. Why not try the make a balanced power instead of another fotm one?

And again.... interrupts on cosmics is a stupid design. Completely locking them down is very easy with the new telepathy powers.
    The one thing that makes combat in CO fun is having to react to certain things. When everything you can react to is interrupted away on boss fights, we are left with an very boring game. If this goes to live then you might as well make smoke grenades work on gravitar again too....
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Bug: Mental Storm still crits.

Bug: Rimefire Burst does not lose it's cd if you have clinging flames and chill on target

Redirected Force: Should not be base damage. DR is there for a reason.

Problems in general with Telepathy: The effects on the aoes are set too high to allow multiple stacks from multiple players. The effects should cap at one stack or cap much lower then ten. The heal and damage reduction in particular should be lowered as they're too potent in their current form.

Perhaps the effects could also receive a much shorter duration? Say under ten seconds? Another idea is to make the durations extremely short, like a couple seconds, but have the duration lengthened if you are using a telepathy passive. This will help thwart cherypicking.

While this may not have much impact on lowly mobs, it will cause great issue with bosses.

Will type more later.
  • Options
    kostlivec333kostlivec333 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed that if someone else uses Rimefire burst on a target, and you use Rimefire burst on it, you DO consume the clinging flames and chilled, and get the cooldown turned to 0 for next use, but it seems to not work otherwise.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would still allow cooperative gameplay as each player could stack their own instance of the debuff.

We can already do this with its current form. Why decrease this ability?

We all know that the values are due to the passive WAI. I see no reason to nerf this new mechanic...however it will be a nice learning curve for players who arent used to that style, and perhaps encourage more co-operation when it comes to stacking, and when you get a team of telepaths who know what they are doing, you get a lovely stacks of debuffs on a target and then sychronised Detonation..would be unimaginable bliss.

Oh yes and:

Bugs:

Mental Storm --> Still capable of critical strikes.

Dependancy Stacking then adding a hold on top grants Regenerative Holding power, the hold will regenerate.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aiqa wrote: »

The damage resistance on redirect force is good by itself, but the 200% max on damage bonus is really way over the top. Why not try the make a balanced power instead of another fotm one?

The prob is that is base damage... not normal damage lol. Once it gets tuned back to what its meant to be it should feel fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And again.... interrupts on cosmics is a stupid design.

I disagree completely. Interrupts are specifically made for this purpose. I do suggest that (much like clobber originally had) the chance to proc the interrupt be dropped significantly. But I do agree that interrupts should only be 100% effective at melee range.

BUT if the proc chance is dropped to 33% then I still want to use my +Hold Strength to increase my chances of proccing the interrupt. This rewards players who invest in hold strength while not letting the powers be cherry picked for Overpowered-ness. 33% plus 100% hold strength is a 66% (2/3) chance to proc the interrupt and 200% hold strength is a 99% chance of interrupt.

If anyone can offer other solutions I am open to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug = Typo

Shadow of Doubt has "Crippling Challenge" down as a one point power. Instead of "Challenging Strikes"

Requires fixing to prevent any misconceptions about points changing etc
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUG: As mentioned, Rimefire Burst (R3 at least) does not properly consume Chill on a target (1 or more stacks), but it will consume Clinging Flames. As such the AoE damage and zero cooldown part of the power never fires.

What does work: It'll consume Clinging Flames. It'll apply both Chill and Clinging Flames if needed. It also so far feels like a pretty epic power (love how it looks) on a decent cooldown (or none when it works).

BUG: Rimefire Burst is not properly tagged. Like how Fireball and Conflag are tagged Ranged AoE Damage and such. Technically it's both Ranged AoE and Single Target, which might be why it's not tagged at all, but I'd think it should have something.

BUG: Rimefire Burst needs its own unique icon (currently using Fireball).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Whilst I STRONGLY disagree with Interrupts being a bad mechanic that can affect cosmics (cause this a good thing)

I agree that perhaps the 100% chance should be dropped to a lower chance, which can be increased significantly by CC gear and Manipulator and Support Role, specs as well.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree completely. Inturrupts are specifically made for this purpose. I do suggest that (much like clobber originally had) the chance to proc the inturrupt be dropped significantly.

BUT if the proc chance is dropped to 33% then I still want to use my +Hold Strength to increase my chances of proccing the interrupt. This rewards players who invest in hold strength while not letting the powers be cherry picked for Overpowered-ness.

If anyone can offer other solutions I am open to it. But I do agree that interrupts should only be 100% effective at melee range.

The AI is not equipped to deal with interrupts, it will only cycles through its now useless attacks. One person being able to completely lock down a cosmic is not a good design, can you show me where is was said it was intended and an explanation how it would can be made to work in any balanced way?
    Every time something like this was possible the powers were adjusted after a while. There is a very good reason why interrupts are not working on cosmics on live, and why smoke grenade is now useless against gravitar (and should be against the other bosses). Telepaths feeling powerful is not a good enough reason to break half the game.... for as much as it isn't already.

When the game gets a complete AI and power overhaul on ALL enemies to deal with this, particularly the cosmics, I might agree.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug: Ranking up Ice Cage decreases Damage.

That's all I've got to say because everything else has been said already... for now.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    There is a very good reason why interrupts are not working on cosmics on live,

They DO work against cosmics on live (at least backhand chop does.. i'm not sure that ice cage is officially meant to interrupt or not)
    and why smoke grenade is now useless against gravitar (and should be against the other bosses).

This is because Gravitar ignores most threat/targeting rules. I do still advocate an increased threat when a player uses any interrupt. making them more costly in ALL fights and a great tanking tool (not that any telepaths are tanks.. yet)

When the game gets a complete AI and power overhaul on ALL enemies to deal with this, particularly the cosmics, I might agree.

I want this as well. and wholeheartedly agree with a AI overhaul to compensate.
    - -

The alternative is what we have now and that' is almost unthinkable - Crowd Control is completely left out of the boss fights. So my truly awesome character gets to enjoy sitting and watching every boss fight.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The alternative is what we have now and that' is almost unthinkable - Crowd Control is completely left out of the boss fights. So my truly awesome character gets to enjoy sitting and watching every boss fight.

Everytime...I havent even fought GRAVITAR with Mentella its been THAT long..
  • Options
    raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just some suggestions:

• Reduce debuff cap to ~5, change debuff cap to be per player as opposed to global as of now. Mind Break only detonates player's own debuff stacks. (Encourage players to detonate using Mind Break as a method of support, since it heals.)
    • Reduce Regret and Stress to 1-2% per stack. (Values could use adjustment, mostly to balance them between existing debuffs.)
    • Have Stress apply to all damage resistance. (Increase diversity of support to non Ego damage based team members.)
    • Reduce stack duration to limit debuff stacking, allowing non-dedicated characters to stack 1-3 stacks between attacks, support characters to maintain full stacks. (Reward characters for a focused style of play.)
    • Have debuff applied at the beginning of ability rather than DoT expiring. (Support for solo play and maintain fast game play.)
    • Reduce Mind Break detonation damage, healing, and energy return. (Lower debuff cap encourages detonations at a higher frequency. Current Mind Break detonation is quite high and may be higher with debuffs from multiple players.)
    • Increase Mind Break base damage. (Allow players to deal damage between debuffing and healing if needed.)
    • Allow Mind Break detonation of Regret to return energy to team. (Support bonus.)
    • Add duration bonus to passive to or support role. (Benefit to dedicated support players. Thanks: @Kaiserin)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    raediya wrote: »
    Lots of good ideas

I like these ideas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just some suggestions:
    • Reduce debuff cap to ~5, change debuff cap to be per player as opposed to global as of now. Mind Break only detonates player's own debuff stacks. (Encourage players to detonate using Mind Break as a method of support, since it heals.)

Hmm, this would reduce stackage(?) time..:tongue:, so that could be fun..it may also solve the regen hold bug..
    [*]Reduce Regret and Stress to 1-2% per stack. (Values could use adjustment, mostly to balance them between existing debuffs.)

I was thinking about this, but 5% is ok...IMO, but I see what you mean if you look at it from a mass player usage view point.
    [*]Have Stress apply to all damage resistance. (Increase diversity of support to non Ego damage based team members.)

Hmm..yes I think..would act as a general debuff..but wouldnt that "step on the toes" of other debuffs? I'm just wary of people complaining about that or something.
    [*]Reduce stack duration to limit debuff stacking, allowing non-dedicated characters to stack 1-3 stacks between attacks, support characters to maintain full stacks. (Reward characters for a focused style of play.)

Do you mean non Manipulator/Support Role CC focused builds stay the same and non CC players only stack 1-3 stacks? If so sounds good.

[*]Have debuff applied at the beginning of ability rather than DoT expiring. (Support for solo play and maintain fast game play.)

Wouldnt this reduce the need to stack? If the result is at the end, people stack more..right? :confused:
    [*]Reduce Mind Break detonation damage, healing, and energy return. (Lower debuff cap encourages detonations at a higher frequency. Current Mind Break detonation is quite high and may be higher with debuffs from multiple players.)
    [*]Increase Mind Break base damage. (Allow players to deal damage between debuffing and healing if needed.)

Wasnt this already done? I'm sure it said so on the patch notes.

[*]Allow Mind Break detonation of Regret to return energy to team. (Support bonus.)

Hmm..would this be small energy? Or a set value divided amongst the team members?

[*]Add duration bonus to passive to or support role. (Benefit to dedicated support players.) [@Kaiserin]

Nice idea..by duration bonus do you mean CC duration or something else? Like stack duration?
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *New Power* Redirected Force - You shield all allies within 35' with increased damage resistance. Whenever one of these allies is struck by an attack while this power is maintained you gain "Directional Force". Directional Force increases your ranged physical damage for 4 seconds.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*I'll type something sane later

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*I'll type something sane later

Force Fields...its not looking nice..but as I was told, function before FX...so when they get it working correctly and not having an insane energy cost...(ish) I can run around projecting AoE force fields....ahh...(lets hope they go dome shaped ppl!)
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As to what Raven said about the Mind Break changes: Even with the nerf, it still does well over 40k damage with the right stuff.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, after playing with it...

I like Redirected Force too much to make a fully objective judgment, but I think with the numbers being toned down a bit (it's currently a multiplicative damage bonus), it'll be good to go.

Energy cost seems fine as-is, but I'm basing that on the expectation that someone who takes it will likely be using a lot of bubbles, and bubblespam (without Iniquity to fill in gaps) is one of the most energy-intensive setups in the game.

Other builds may have problems using it regularly.

But, yeah...it's awesome. I've wanted something like that since launch. :biggrin:

Haven't tried any of the other stuff yet.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    The debuff mechanic works on the enemy. If it works on the PLAYER that is called a buff.

I do not want to be a team buffer. I want to be an enemy debuffer.

Keep the 30 stacks.

- -

Not to mention that 30 stacks goes into the DPS chart. One player at 6 second intervals cannot reach 30 stacks until 60 seconds. At which time a massive spike may be appropriate (approximately double that of shadow strike that has half the time to execute). The damage is actually set right. Players just aren't used to seeing enemy resistance rebuffed at such levels but that is the entire point of the new telepathy. Debuffing..

Getting 20 stacks without the 10 debuff stacks isn't "awe inspiring". But when you add in placate and consume will telepathy "appears" to do great damage.

But people are acting like this is spammable.. it completely is not. In fact, any telepath that can survive 60 seconds (cycling ONLY these three powers mind you) deserves an "I win" button.

I pretty much expect any PUG with Mind Break to ruin my stacking anyhow.