test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance & Release Notes, 5/24

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited May 2013 in Release Notes
We will be having maintenance tomorrow to improve the Forum Malvanum alert.

Start time: 7 AM Pacific

Release Notes:

- The villains of PSI have escaped one fight too many, with their evasive behavior leaving the crowd psilent instead of enraptured by the spectacle. PSI will no longer leave the Forum Malvanum, leaving heroes without targets to compete against.

- After traveling thousands of light years to reach Earth's moon, Tateklys has made a short jaunt to an Ikea and picked up brighter lighting for the Forum Malvanum. Those who claim that his golden skin lacks luster, making him simply gauche, have been appropriately shown up by the Praetor of the Lunar Games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping to see the PSI problem fixed. Who knew those PSI were such cowards hiding behind the arena walls.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping to see Timer of Duratok and Ironclad will be fixed.

Now it's only able with 5 lvl40 good DPS.
    Just one Healer, Low DPS Tank or Lowbie in team is Auto-Fail.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The disappearance is a psychic illusion. They're really standing right in front of us, and making weird faces while the timer runs out.

It ...uh ...just looks like they all swarm into a corner and squeeze through a crack in the wall.

I'm not sure if that's how it usually happens, but I laughed when I saw it.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Hoping to see Timer of Duratok and Ironclad will be fixed.

Now it's only able with 5 lvl40 good DPS.
    Just one Healer, Low DPS Tank or Lowbie in team is Auto-Fail.

Timer isn't changing. The amount of time intended is the amount that you get after the cut scene ends. This fight isn't meant to be easy, and the eighth round is intentionally very, very difficult.

Hoping to see the PSI problem fixed. Who knew those PSI were such cowards hiding behind the arena walls.

Fixed! And fix is verified, with the help of some very awesome forumites -- shout-out to everyone who gave some time to appease the Great Old One RNG.

The disappearance is a psychic illusion. They're really standing right in front of us, and making weird faces while the timer runs out.

It ...uh ...just looks like they all swarm into a corner and squeeze through a crack in the wall.

I'm not sure if that's how it usually happens, but I laughed when I saw it.

New headcanon.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Timer isn't changing. The amount of time intended is the amount that you get after the cut scene ends. This fight isn't meant to be easy, and the eighth round is intentionally very, very difficult.

This is terrible. I've seen very, very few people get past it. Hell, 30 more seconds would help. I'm trying to figure out what happened to the middle ground between 'easy' and 'virtually impossible'. If I've got no chance of winning something, I don't bother with it. Hell, I don't even play slot machines.

Otherwise, you'd might as well be honest on this and say 'requires lvl 40 DPS to complete'.

Any word on fixing those costume materials- the gladiator helmets, boots, and gloves?
  • skilverosskilveros Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So basically the alert is a waste of time to queue up solo since it requires a full team of lvl 40s that can pump out ridiculous amounts of dps.

"Hey here's some new content. I hope you enjoy what little you get to see since you won't be able to finish it."
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't there an award for finishing round 7?

I thought this alert was not all-or-nothing.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • skilverosskilveros Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't there an award for finishing round 7?

I thought this alert was not all-or-nothing.

If you fail to defeat Ironclad and his buddy you get like 11-12k resources.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing for the lighting, the new environment looked waaay too bland. I am also wondering if the bleak look is because I play with the comic book outlining enabled (I LOVE it).

As for the Duratok/Ironclad fight, I runned the new alert yesterday once... using my lvl 40 multipurpose survivable support, with relatively low dps. The team had some other lvl 40s for sure. All rounds were extremely easy, with only the two awesome gladiators requiring some more time. Then the dreadful duo comes along and we are able to knock out Duratok and leave Ironclad with roughly half a bar. I still got 11K resources (plus the rewards from the daily mission).
    I have the impression that on a prebuilt team the fight would be more doable.... the two spread out making AoE power half as effective. With a good team you could corral them and AoE them out of contention, othewise... fail.

• ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is terrible. I've seen very, very few people get past it. Hell, 30 more seconds would help.

/signed

It always takes like one minute to just take one of them down with alot of power, 30 more seconds would be a fair amount so it's still difficult but not nearly impossible.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that it's clarified that the timer is intented as such and not wrong, we should adapt our tactics. Indeed we need very good dps, and survivability, not to loose some of the aforementioned dps.
    A good tank and some AoE attacks to attack/get aggro from both at the same time, maybe.

Very hard but not unfeasable. Rarely succeded. Too bad for the lower levels (below 35, OMHO), as they lack enough efficiency. It's better to form a 4-5 team before queueing.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i see people mentioning needing lvl 40 etc, is this finally letting people play at lvl 40 then? or is it still gated and when people say lvl 40 they mean "we need the 30s who are actually 40" ?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The event scales to 30.

People want 40s so that they're getting people with a full selection of powers, advantages, specs, and gear.
    At least plz lock this only for lvl40 ppl...

Someone below lvl39 is death for all team.
    I just leave from map when we where not all lvl40 team. :(
    edited May 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I just leave from map when we where not all lvl40 team. :(

Some of us like to get as far as possible with what we're given, even when we know it's going to be impossible to complete. After all, you still get rewards as long as you complete round 5.

If you intend to grief every team you end up in that isn't good enough for you, please don't queue until you've formed a full team that meets your approval, so that WE don't have to put up with YOU making us fail.

Can you really blame them for hiding? After the horrible treatment hero telepaths have gotten? And if villains are treated worse that heroes....:eek:

But yeah, its nice to see this fixed...its a massive shame about the DuraClad Timer though..It was originally 1:30 on PTS and we complained...we were told the timer was being adjusted...and apparently this is no longer the case..
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of us like to get as far as possible with what we're given, even when we know it's going to be impossible to complete. After all, you still get rewards as long as you complete round 5.

If you intend to grief every team you end up in that isn't good enough for you, please don't queue until you've formed a full team that meets your approval, so that WE don't have to put up with YOU making us fail.

Then, there should be 2 queues as it was done in pvp. I think mixing 2 things is a bad idea. While I won't be a quitter myself, I can forsee that this would be a pain if you can't get a premade team together that basically defies the whole alert philosophy.
    edited May 2013
    Why would you need two queues? If you're fussy about your team makeup, preform then queue. If you're willing to PUG, queue solo.

But being particular about the team makeup, queueing solo, and then quitting because it isn't good enough is greifing, plain and simple.
    Well, looks like 30 secs is too much to ask for. Good to know many will not ever get the nifty costume options because people drop the group before the event even started.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As usual, some on the forums are being complete drama queens. My experience has been total victory with PUGs about 25% of the time; certainly not perfect but pretty reasonable for "challenging content". Adding just 1 or 2 friends who are level 40 to your team increases the odds of success dramatically.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited May 2013
    Why would you need two queues? If you're fussy about your team makeup, preform then queue. If you're willing to PUG, queue solo.

But being particular about the team makeup, queueing solo, and then quitting because it isn't good enough is greifing, plain and simple.

It is not different from the timed smash alert, just that the chances of succeeding are smaller. From what I got yesterday, initial and early quitting was quite frequent so you can judge it whatever way you like but this is what it is happening.

While I don't quit, if I see that the team makeup does not have chance of succeed I just take things lightly and relax during the alert.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes this weekend, to see if Devs did right or wrong.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If this person is able to leave the alert, then the alert is working as intended. You can't have a go at the guy about it. It's his choice.

Just remember..................................
    ......stop complaining about things working as they're meant to!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited May 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    As usual, some on the forums are being complete drama queens. My experience has been total victory with PUGs about 25% of the time; certainly not perfect but pretty reasonable for "challenging content". Adding just 1 or 2 friends who are level 40 to your team increases the odds of success dramatically.
    We are voicing reasonable criticism of a product into which we have invested time, money, and creativity. If this makes one a 'drama queen', I'll gladly wear the crown and you will refer to me as 'your grace'.

The alert time is a significant problem. This isn't like Gravitar where there's a method that you have to adapt your tactics to. This is a broken timer. I'm not sure how this was tested- though I'm sure everyone dragged out their elite builds for it- but unless you have a full team of DPS toons, you will fail this alert.

If your game is going to cater to only one playstyle after you've boasted that one can have ultimate customization, you may need to re-evaluate your content.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013

"Screw you, you useless n00bs that thought a F2P game should not require a subscription to be able to handle content, screw you idiots who thought that 'being the hero you want to be' means you don't have to be all-out DPS."

Gee, thanks. I'll remember not to renew my subscription because being screwed on number one is at least cheaper than being screwed on num,ber two. At least Cryptic made the decision easy.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2013
    Good to know about the timer.

Saves me time. I don't have to bother with this alert. GG.
    edited May 2013
    If this person is able to leave the alert, then the alert is working as intended. You can't have a go at the guy about it. It's his choice.

Just remember..................................
    stop complaining about things working as they're meant to

Way to take a quote out of context. In the post you quoted, I was telling people to stop complaining about the timer starting before the cutscene when it was designed to take the length of the cutscene into account, and to complain about the amount of time given instead.

You, on the other hand, are suggesting that just because a method exists to leave an Alert, it's ok to use that method to grief others.

Then again, if that's true for chat bans, I guess it is here too. Forget I said anything.
    Good to hear that PSI and the lighting are fixed.

I ran the alert last night and we gout PSI and managed to curb stomp them.

However, when Duratok and Ironclad came up we "failed." With about 30s to spare we took down Ironclad and just as the timer ticked down from 1s to 0 Duratok went down but it still failed. Guess we have to shave 1s off our time.

Best part though was that the cutscenes didn't lock up my computer.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are voicing reasonable criticism of a product into which we have invested time, money, and creativity. If this makes one a 'drama queen', I'll gladly wear the crown and you will refer to me as 'your grace'.

The alert time is a significant problem. This isn't like Gravitar where there's a method that you have to adapt your tactics to. This is a broken timer. I'm not sure how this was tested- though I'm sure everyone dragged out their elite builds for it- but unless you have a full team of DPS toons, you will fail this alert.

If your game is going to cater to only one playstyle after you've boasted that one can have ultimate customization, you may need to re-evaluate your content.

100% agree here...

Seriously...

If you really want to make this uber challenging.. or for those who earn it.. why not make the alert lvl 35 -40 only like Gravitar?? or better yet...lvl 40 ONLY... after all they want the best of the best...
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't the game just modify your level to 40 once you get to Duratok+Ironclad and beyond?

If it's really meant to challenge those players, you can see why this question is being asked.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way to take a quote out of context. In the post you quoted, I was telling people to stop complaining about the timer starting before the cutscene when it was designed to take the length of the cutscene into account, and to complain about the amount of time given instead.

You, on the other hand, are suggesting that just because a method exists to leave an Alert, it's ok to use that method to grief others.

Then again, if that's true for chat bans, I guess it is here too. Forget I said anything.

I never said it's okay to grief others.....unless, of course, you can show me where I did. Jeez, and you're accusing me of taking things out of context.

Perhaps some self reflection on your part is called for.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you really want to be "difficult" you already did that with the scaling and nerfing my 40s. I beg to wonder if many of the devs and higher community have actually ran smashes where many of us had to carry others who couldn't contribute. It's funny that now I can go to neverwinter where they easily make sure the so called instances of quests there that are similar to alerts they don't nerf the players but only let you queue ones that are close to your level. Hint. Hint

Telling me at this point something like that wouldn't be feasible with the system would be ridiculous because all the games share about the same coding at this point and NWO's is just a slightly newer version. Between games now there should be more trickling of improvements going back and forth at this point. We were already given a better invasion ending simply by allowing that mission to be 35+ and it felt a lot better.
    Then why does this ****ing alert nerf me to level 30, rendering my gear mostly pointless?

I'm so ******n sick of pandering to **** players, yet you say "It's not meant to be easy.".
    Make up your minds, either you make challenging level 40 content, or you make pathetic babby scaling **** for level 5 ATs.

You cannot possibly make content that works for both ends of the spectrum, so stop trying.
    Good to know about the timer.

Saves me time. I don't have to bother with this alert. GG.

With these quotes I have to agree as with all the work the devs did in cutscenes and the fact I do love the fact of the eighth round why should there be a timer for it? Why not put in a fail condition if your team all falls and block entrancing for that round until that fight is done? You nerfed us to 30 and most of the community in this game at this time after over 4 years has a 40 not below. I really understand you want to implement content for everyone, but you cannot cater to both at once like this. Stop gating the 40s lower when the whole focus of this event was to be the best of the best and focusing on the character.
    Why can't the game just modify your level to 40 once you get to Duratok+Ironclad and beyond?

If it's really meant to challenge those players, you can see why this question is being asked.

I feel both the duo round 8 and the final round should be like gravitar's fight with the gating on death instead of a timer. I wouldn't know on firewing because I haven't had a chance to reach him, but like any gladitorial combat it wasn't a show with a timer, but the fact with competition it was about who was better and even if the duo was to go easy, both sides should be able to fight their all without a restraint of a timer. It gives a bit more variation too. The only reason I can think of as to a why not is the whole time of things if it works right or not if done. As to what it seems from one stand point understandable if you don't want yet another bug, but in the long run if it works fine of it done without a timer and a fail condition would be much much better.

Basically like these comments here I can just about stand by is why bother with this alert? It'll be exactly like sky command. Your player base is telling you not to make it easy, but to make so people will want to run the content.

There's a reason people can always enjoy blood moon and the winter and anniversairy ones and you know what? I could say the lemurian invasion and nighthawk might actually fit in there now too. Maybe they would enjoy the other stuff you put in as events because you listen to the player base to make it better. We don't want a hand out to get to the last round, but we want it feasible if you're going to put us to 30 that we can actually see the end of the fight. The fact its now coming to actually having to assemble a team of those more so on the pay to win side of things is a bit much. Otherwise you are most likely going to be paired up with anyone on the low side which for many I have.

So again those that are paying in this case I am like many others on a monthly basis why should we get the frustration on it?

You want to cater to silvers, golds, lifers and everyone doing all of that inbetween. It's not rocket science or that difficult to make money and please a player base. You could even go as far as saying there are ways to actually topple over WoW if you did it appropriately but the first and foremost is to listen to those here.

You're making it hard to keep supporting at this pace as I'm slightly worried now on how you'll handle any other events that will come out. I don't log in as much as I used to as is because how certain things are handled.
  • larvigtlarvigt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just came back playing amd playing after a year away. I left because of lack of content, now there is lots of fun content but no incentive to play it elite or make it harder since rewards a re pretty much the same. Now there is forum malvanum for those who want a tough challenge, and the rewards that go with it. why oh why does everyone expect all the content to be "everybody gets ice cream"? Never heard this in other mmo?s, and it seems to be a wierd trend in champions. If there was a hard instance or event in another game, people would talk on how to crack it in strategy forum, not whining on devs to make it easier. And ive seen posts like "well u can put everything on elite if just for the challenge if thats your thing", but thats taking away devs best tools: incentive and sense of accompishment. I want something to be frustratingly hard so when i win i taste that sweet victory.

(and another thing, make rewards not just cosmetical, make it mean something, like when i played the warlord event and he dropped a -15% res core mod, INSANE for a challenge that trivial. Make the malvanum phatter still or nerf the easily grindable loot)
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I truly believe that with 15 more seconds the Ironclad/Duratok would still be hard for PUG's, but at least manageable so long as your group doesn't suck too much. Adding 30 seconds would make it too easy in my opinion. And thanks for fixing the lightning.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot to add back Warlord Alert ???????????:confused:
    edited May 2013
    mholds1 wrote: »
    You forgot to add back Warlord Alert ???????????:confused:

Custom alerts are up for two weeks, then go to the next one. Warlord had its two weeks. It's over. Normally, we'd be starting "GRAB the money and Run!" today, but the Forum Malvanum was inserted in the rotation before it.
    gradii wrote: »
    the depleted uranium core is ultra rare. you just got super lucky that time

It is? Wow, I just got it very recently myself.

On the topic though, I sincerely hope that these half-asked, unfinished and rushed 'events' aren't some sort of a sinister plan so make players turn away from CO so that the people who aquired it along with the developers would have a good excuse to shut it down.

They should realize the potential in CO and bring back the full dev team to concentrate on some actual content, not have someone throw us a few empty promises of thing we'll never get to see. OR broken content.
  • larvigtlarvigt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    furthermore if you want the whole game to be hard, leave. there's nothing for you here. THIS IS A SUPERHERO GAME DAMMIT! meaning only bosses should be a challenge and only the most powerful ones should require a team.

Think u misunderstood, i dont want the whole game to be hard, i want it to be different levels of challenges, and the incentive to do them. Yes only the most powerful should require a team, that i agree with, like the forum malvanum last challenge. But im talking about people wanting it easier, so the there will be no "most diffult" Can't there be both? I like casuals, they are probably more sane than me that dosent spend insane amount theorycrafting and trying to find ways to increase my dps maybe 5% more. But thats how i enjoy my mmo's, and most mmo's can accomodate for both. It just seems that all the players think its a human right to be able to clear ALL the content, not something to be aspiring to be able to.
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I like the difficulty of the alert, its nice to actually see something challenging for a change in champs. I do however wish that players with level 40 fully geared toons would quit being weakened. We do all the math and get all the best gear just to be dropped down to level 30, it kind of makes leveling a toon to 40 almost pointless.
    Then why does this ****ing alert nerf me to level 30, rendering my gear mostly pointless?

I'm so ******n sick of pandering to **** players, yet you say "It's not meant to be easy.".
    Make up your minds, either you make challenging level 40 content, or you make pathetic babby scaling **** for level 5 ATs.

You cannot possibly make content that works for both ends of the spectrum, so stop trying.

Also this times 100000000000000000000000000000000, getting really tired of being nerfed for reaching max level while others are getting *pat on head* "it's ok you dont want to actually play the content or level in our game will just bump you to 30 when you want to do alerts". Tired of carrying people through alerts so they can powerlevel their toons without ever stepping foot out of MC. I had a f2p player who has been playing since alerts ask me how to get to MI, they were level 40 and had leveled all toons through alerts.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    thearkady wrote: »
    "Screw you, you useless n00bs that thought a F2P game should not require a subscription to be able to handle content, screw you idiots who thought that 'being the hero you want to be' means you don't have to be all-out DPS."

Gee, thanks. I'll remember not to renew my subscription because being screwed on number one is at least cheaper than being screwed on num,ber two. At least Cryptic made the decision easy.

As has been noted by several players, ATs have been pretty successful in the alert:
    Actually, I teamed with a group of ATs ( inferno/unleashed/mind) and we got through all 10 rounds successfully a few times. As long as each team member knew what they were doing, its achievable.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed, it is difficult, but that's cool. The fight is not boring and the alert is way better than previous ones(Hi Pan for example).
    I like it, and hope to see more content that's based on this in the future...how about a new zone for players?
    Like solo content arenas.
    Hope to see more... And trailturtle, any ideas for adding some PvP reward system in the future? Just to make sure if I should get that ebon ruin or not XD.
    Thanks
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As has been noted by several players, ATs have been pretty successful in the alert:

I'd like to see the quotes where others state that. Preferably including ones stating they were using Behemoths, Glaciers or Radiants.

If you can't find them either, maybe there's a reason for that.
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I finally did the alert. We got to round 7, which wasn't bad considering we had two tanks, one support, two hybrids, and two of the players were in their teens.

It was alright, though I still don't really see how the racing rings tie in. Also, what was that artifact we recovered from racing? Really rather curious about that.
  • onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having FINALLY complete the entire alert I don't get one thing. Duratok and Ironclad are a tougher round that Firewing. You know, THE Firewing? Champion of the Malvan arena for quite a long time? He's a pushover compared to those two.

Apart from that, for a race who has a galactic empire and enslaved such races like the Roin'esh, Malvans looks like a bunch of hobos, to be honest. I expected a high tech arena rather than a stone pit. Sort of dissapointing.

Apart from that, the timer did help a lot but it still requires a pre-made team of high DPS characters. Ranged in fact, Melee barely catch up and only are useful for the Arena Veterans and Duratok & Ironclad. Otherwise ranged own during the waves. And the rewards are rather underwhelming, I mean- 4G and a chance for a costume piece of an action fig? Meh.

I like the alert, but should have been planned better and made better aesthetically.
    edited May 2013
    I complete it a couple times with lvl 40 friends(some ATs) but it was because of a backup device, without it, not even close.
  • saurializardsaurializard Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He's a pushover compared to those two.
    And a sore loser too.

Granted, I found his fight interesting as it's similar to Gravitar's bubbles ("F**KIN' BUBBLES!") without the OHK (mostly), so you have to move if you're not made of iron.

And I wouldn't call wave 8 difficult. A timer with damage sponges where all you have to do is spam your stronger attacks and pray you and others can hit hard enough before the clock reaches 0 is fake difficulty.
  • plasmoid070plasmoid070 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well with that said, mind if I make a new suggestion? Either shorten up the intro speech to the eighth round or make the timer not start until after the introductions are out of the way. It seems kind of silly to have 2+ minutes when the majority of it is spent listening to the voices of the characters. I personally try to run this with my 40 toons, and they aren't the most effective in dealing massive damage, and it also doesn't help when I have teamates who are fresh to the game, like they just got out of the powerhouse after creating their characters fresh. That is my only concern, other than that excellent addition to the content.
  • onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And a sore loser too.

That he is. To be honest, his voice is a little strange, I pictured him as an elitist alien rather than a villain sounding phoenix flight user.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Otherwise, you'd might as well be honest on this and say 'requires lvl 40 DPS to complete'.

The most mind-boggling aspect of this content is that it requires GOOD level 40 characters to be successful, but it's using the Auto-level-to-30 system to accommodate low-level characters whom are incapable of effectively contributing.

Imagine a team of five level 15 characters trying to complete this alert on their own.

Also, the design of the arena is sad and embarassing. What happened to the artists from the beautiful Lemurian 10-man alert? These stone textures look like someone experimented with the noise and bevel filters during their first use of Paint Shop Pro from 1997. And why is a high-tech space arena made of stone at all?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voyagersix wrote: »
    And why is a high-tech space arena made of stone at all?
    Built from local materials to save on costs? <shrug>

I can now attest that a team including one lvl 37 Invincible and one really good healer (seriously, thanks, man - didn't catch your name, but you saved my shiny metal can a lot!) can take Ironclad down and get Duratok down to 1/2 before time runs out. I didn't catch the other types or levels, because I didn't take the time to hit O, but there was also at least one Impulse or similar force user. Still didn't finish, and still laughed at the idea of a "crack team of Gadroon commandos".
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    If I understand, Malvans are big into the 'vintage' look. Give them a few centuries and they'll be wearing jeans with holes in them right out of the store.