What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130319.21 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 5:00pm Pacific on 5/21/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

Forum Malvanum:

- We've adjusted lots of timing, and we've also made the Firewing fight tougher
- Duratok, Ironclad, & Firewing no longer hang around if you lose to them.
- We've made many cosmetic adjustments and fixes

Known Issues:

- We fixed the persisting crowd noise bug a bit too hard. Now there's no crowd noise :biggrin:
- There will be new costume pieces as rare loot but the items didn't make it in yet
- The same goes for a Firewing action figure that will be rare loot if you finish all the rounds
- Some of the gangs still say the wrong lines sometimes

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds great.
    Too bad it's still level 30.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay! Actually able to log in this time.

I will try out the new build after it goes up.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's impossible to make an alert that's challenging for everyone. Current game balance does not allow it. With that in mind, my question is whether this alert is supposed to be difficult and for who this alert is intended.

On one hand there's the Ironclad fight with the very short (but still possible) timer and you've made Firewing tougher supposedly... yet you're still sidekicked to level 30. On the other hand level 5 characters can queue up for this alert. At level 5 you will fail, and will likely cause your team to fail unless they're reasonably survivable with crazy amounts of dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will Firewing's Neverending Flames (Consuming Flames) be fixed?

After his defeat under the podium...his body continues to burn the heroes who go to the podium to collect a prize, pretty annoying if you ask me.

Glad to hear timings are/have been adjusted..hopefully its for the better and yay for Firewing fight being made tougher :D

Personal Bug: You are Level 30 in this Alert, this is a bad idea, it seriously nerfs damage output for level 40's..its just not fair, and if this alert will be tagged a "rampage" style alert i.e. its going to be available after lvl 35, people arent gonna want to work towards lvl 35 to be slapped back down to 30 in an Alert, it's too lengthy for a normal or Custom Alert (IMO) not to mention detailed.

I'm guessing this will be an "Event" like the Harbinger? Which makes it even more annoying that we are sidepunched down to lvl 30.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Firewing's outfit better have gone through an epic makeover otherwise the action figure will be almost as bland as a Champion Blank.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get ~something~ more impressive than the MC gangs?

I love the west side gangs but not here.. seems pointless..

Gimme some manimals, Demons, something..

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug

Argent agents use Viper dialogue
    When they appear in cutscene

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug

Flame burst had no visual
    When Firewing used Flame burst attack

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug

Timer for fighting Duratok and Ironclad
    The Timer starts just before the cutscene--loses like 20 or 30 sec

• Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK you are making improvements which is good I just hope that you will also consider the other recommendations put forth such as:

1. Make it end-game as opposed to gating at level 30

2. Change the mob groups like Purple Gang, Argent, Vipers for either nemesis, supervillains, legendaries or cosmics.

3. Randomize the encounters so that there is a mystery to what players may actually face.

4. Consider questionite rewards for the fights as well besides the costumes and action figures. Have them scale with each round players win. Nothing to worry since there is a daily refinement cap.

5. Lockout makes sense as well if players are defeated and click recover. That necessitate healers and rezzers in games. Make the fights tough so that teaming with healers or rezzers becomes more important.

Question here since I am at work and cannot try out the alert yet; In what ways have the Firewing fight been made more difficult? Is it shorter timer or harder hitting? I like neither TBH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, the street gangs are weak.

They are too easy, and they feel wrong.

How about some of the gladiator types from NemCon?

How about some Ro'inesh?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    @wesleytang

Firewing hits harder now.

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not been in since this update.

Are the seats still empty? I know it is a rather silly question, but this is supposed to be a big deal arena right? It is supposed to bring a huge amout of honor right?
    How can that be when there are more people fighting than watching?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Remember guys this isn't an event alert, but a custom alert. Its going to be added to the bi-weekly rotation. At least I hope so.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oyo32 wrote: »
    Too bad it's still level 30.
    Why not make two versions of this Alert, one that SK's you to 30 and one for 35+ that doesn't SK you?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember guys this isn't an event alert, but a custom alert. Its going to be added to the bi-weekly rotation. At least I hope so.

We need more level 35+ rampages before we get more custom alerts. :/
    edited May 2013
    We're getting the ice fire combo "soon".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We're getting the ice fire combo "soon".

Soon in this game means next year or never.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »

I heard DC is already going to come out with ANOTHER expansion after the currently brand new one. And that's a console game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Too bad DC isn't a very good game.
    Ah, well.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Its starting to look better.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »

#TelepathyNOW
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Do you mean by normal power standards? I wasnt aware any LIVE powers caused significant or any interrupt to bosses of Firewing's classification.

I can't really see Power Gauntlet, Backhand Chop or Ice Cage with Subzero Cellblock Advantage, causing him an issue...

He was only interruptable when I was fighting him as Mentella (and her powers). Apart from that time only, I didnt notice any interruptions.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad DC isn't a very good game.
    Ah, well.

hate to break it to you, but DCU is doing far better, even monitarily, than champions. and thats the PC version.
    by the by, in additon to functional new content for everyone to play, they also just came out with time/space powers, and where are we? we cant even get a decent upgrade on our telepathy that we were supposed to get ages ago. DCU upgraded its telepathy/TK ages ago, actually about the same time we were getting ours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    theapygoos wrote: »
    hate to break it to you, but DCU is doing far better, even monitarily, than champions. and thats the PC version.
    by the by, in additon to functional new content for everyone to play, they also just came out with time/space powers, and where are we? we cant even get a decent upgrade on our telepathy that we were supposed to get ages ago. DCU upgraded its telepathy/TK ages ago, actually about the same time we were getting ours.

Its pathetic how DCUO is now doing better...urgh...so much potential in this game and it's being left to rot in the corner and occassionally spew out money...its so sad :frown:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    theapygoos wrote: »

I'm not disagreeing about its content or its playerbase.
    I just don't find DCUO a very good game.

• Options
    caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone has it's likes and dislikes- and if you like a game that cool and if you dont... that still cool.
    But to be honest here, DC is doing far better than CO is right now. And to be really honest... DC is a better game than CO as we stand today.
    The only thing (Imho) that's making DC suck is it's Costume creation. No freedom to expand colors or accessories in the character throughout it's whole costume sucks- and we're locked down to only 3 colors. Champions online has an edge with it's Costume Creator, but once that gets bugged or changes one little bit for the worst... CO is Doomed.

Let's hope if they really care for this game, they will show us that "Care"

*Cough* Telepathy Update *cough*....
    I just hope we don't get any other Lockbox... Oh yeah and the cool part of DC is that their Lockboxes don't keep dropping like it's HOT!- they only drop certain of times. You could even play a whole day without one dropping.
    Anyways... I hope we don't have to open any Lockboxes or bags just to get a new AT with Telepathy Powers like they did for the Cursed AT.
    Even though I shouldn't keep my hopes up for something utterly awesome to come for this game... but I do.
  • Options
    jovianjjovianj Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caosdash wrote: »
    The only thing (Imho) that's making DC suck is it's Costume creation. No freedom to expand colors or accessories in the character throughout it's whole costume sucks- and we're locked down to only 3 colors. Champions online has an edge with it's Costume Creator, but once that gets bugged or changes one little bit for the worst... CO is Doomed.

Let's hope if they really care for this game, they will show us that "Care"

I'd add the freeform power selection. I can exercise my imagination to come up with all sorts of combinations that no other superhero game has offered. The others have you go along a track, where you do get choices, but within those tracks. Freeform, it can be any power combination. Which is why I'd just like to see more powers. Give the alerts and the vehicles a rest and get to working on more powers. I love CO for its freedom of choice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For me the things DCUO does right is the FX of Powers, and their environments. If you could put CO in their world (or COX's) It would be truely unbelievable.

But hey we did at least get G.Crush back to help out on one thing...so we are moving in the right direction...just slowly.

*God it is hard to be optimistic >:(*
  • Options
    tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug Duratok and Ironclad fight looses approx 30 sec due to the cutscene making the fight only about a 1:30. I think for this fight like others have suggested for firewing's that the team members when they fall are unable to continue for that round and disable the timer all together. Having those two in the ring, I would rather fight them as something more varied in that aspect and deserving for their time as it does keep the event interesting with possible fail conditions for those two fights. It also makes things less predictable and it bit more entertaining instead of just relying on timers and mobs.

Bug Melee attacks do not work on mini transports that viper uses, always says target is not close enough even when standing right next to it. :rolleyes:

Bug Scaling this mission to 30 and noticing my stats plummet due to it where I was doing 6k damage normally for my attacks as a normal 40, I only do 1k damage now from this scaling?

I really wish I knew of the monday play test on the pts because as much as I love the cutscenes for this and how you guys added some of the newer creatures in, I'm just not liking the level 30 gating for this and the frustration it's causing. I've been paired with lower levels (those that are under 10 and 20) as well as many players just up and leaving during some of the rounds.

I understand you want more people to do the alert, but this sort of thing would be more acceptable if you rolled out more content to justify doing events so everyone can be apart of them as such. When you have literally no end content at this time and you slap it on like this, it's taking a boot to the head just to let the lower levels play when they could very well put in the work to reach over 30 to be more effective.
  • Options
    caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jovianj wrote: »
    I'd add the freeform power selection. I can exercise my imagination to come up with all sorts of combinations that no other superhero game has offered. The others have you go along a track, where you do get choices, but within those tracks. Freeform, it can be any power combination. Which is why I'd just like to see more powers. Give the alerts and the vehicles a rest and get to working on more powers. I love CO for its freedom of choice.

Yeah that too. But, once you have dealt with CO's bugs and disappointment that has yet to be resolved, you start to get bored because once again... Alerts are not really that good and when you want to test your builds correctly there's not much content to test them right.
    CO's Freeform Option is great so don't get me wrong. Once you get to a point in which it doesn't matter anymore you start to find it dull.
    DC is a progressing game (I mean looks at all of it's recent content!- once after the other) while CO is definitely not. Prior to DC's progression, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Freeform choice "Expansion".
    I love CO and I love DC, but when it comes to picking the better game right now, DC takes the prize. While CO deserves the honorable Second place-as far as it's going.