test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Foundry: THIS JUST IN!

Comments

• d0csteeld0csteel Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the Foundry definitely not happening these days?
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d0csteel wrote: »
    Is the Foundry definitely not happening these days?

I think they'd love to have Foundry for CO, and are even eager about the idea.

The problem is that it would entail a LOT of work, and PW is -completely- unwilling to even put in enough resources to fix bugs, do powerset passes, and other stuff.

In short, unless PW suddenly changes their mind and puts in effort unlike what we've seen the entire time they've owned Cryptic (or even previously), it's not going to happen.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kinster2kinster2 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i highly doubt it. CO,STO,NW all run on the same engine but probably not on the same updated state of the server.... way back i remember the devs of STO saying that CO just couldn't stay playable with their version of the engine without changing the game..... though with NW, the game may run on the same CORE the CO runs on just because of the beta. but who knows..... btw there hasnt been a CORE update for CO since the combat revamp in STO
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic need to start from the ground up:

Foundry, Climbable walls, Water Powers. Team Vehicles.
    More zones, more dark corners, more pits of malevolence.

Rework all the goofiness out of it, then place it back in very carefully.

Cater to the villain and anti-hero in the character creation (like NWO does), for the money.

If they don't start over they are trying to build a bigger birds nest inside of a bee hive.

Let this nest/hive be while they build a proper new home on another branch, without swatting away hundreds of thousands of little drones a year. (over 311,250 players since New Champions #1) and crushing eggs (the life timers and lost subscribers who now feel ill will about their investments.)
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would spend money on missions slots. I would make A LOT of missions. Some players already stated that they would make enough content to outdo what is currently in the game. And that's per player.

And none of those players would bull about those kinds of statements.
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I think they'd love to have Foundry for CO, and are even eager about the idea.

The problem is that it would entail a LOT of work, and PW is -completely- unwilling to even put in enough resources to fix bugs, do powerset passes, and other stuff.

In short, unless PW suddenly changes their mind and puts in effort unlike what we've seen the entire time they've owned Cryptic (or even previously), it's not going to happen.

and this has been the status quo for the last 3 years, and so far nothing has been even attempted. trail turtle keeps saying this game is making money and we have nothing to fear about a shutdown. so the question is where did all of the co money go? it didnt go into this game.
    if cryptic or pwe wanted to they could easily put the foundery into this game. howeve i truliy belive they dont care about this game. tt could come in and say pwe/cryptic love this game along side all of thier other games. but talk is cheap. it is thier actions that speak louder then thier talk.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if it will help but ill support

YES PLEASE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what I find quite funny. I spent more time in the foundry in NWO working on my first foundry episode (1 custom overworld map & 1 custom crypt map) then it took me to farm a full epic tier 1/2 set for my CW. :rolleyes:

So yes gimme foundry for CO. :cool:
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. I'm waiting until I max my first character primarily so I can see and grok what content exists, and gather lore (since I don't know much about Forgotten Realms).

But I already have four+ episodes starting to gel in my head...

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one in PWE or Cryptic gives a hoot about CO. We have been screaming for some to buy. Travel powers, costumes, and such for a year. The last costume set was what? August? They only want us to buy lockboxes.

They don't care what we want. They have proven as much with their actions. They can't possibly make it anymore clearer.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to sound like a nay-sayer, but I highly doubt "I would LTS" is any incentive to Cryptic/PWE. Granted, you're showing an emotional and symbolic commitment, but that's all it is. Sure, you shell out $300 in one shot, but, from their perspective, that's the end of your value as a revenue stream. I think that's why we're seeing games like NWO and Marvel Heroes coming out in a free only model with a cash shop.

The thing that I really found insulting were the Founder's Packs. "Here! Shell out $300 on a game you've only seen videos of!" I'll buy stuff in the cash shop, if I decide there is something in there of value. With CO, I blow $15 now and then for a month of Gold, but I think I'm going to stop that and shift to buying stuff when I want it. I'm not using everything that Gold offers, and the cash shop seems to get their attention. What I will never buy is a @#$&*%, @&#?^)! lockbox key. Not now, not ever.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    No one in PWE or Cryptic gives a hoot about CO. We have been screaming for some to buy. Travel powers, costumes, and such for a year. The last costume set was what? August? They only want us to buy lockboxes.

They don't care what we want. They have proven as much with their actions. They can't possibly make it anymore clearer.

Despite how much I want to agree with this I'm going to have to say that this statement isn't entirely accurate.

Trailturtle cares about CO.

But that's as far as that goes.

Maybe GentlemanCrush considering that he's been poking in game every once in a while.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a little reluctant to put any faith into this, but upon seeing the rest of the support from others still hopeful that this game will pull through, I'll toss mine in as well.

YUS PLEASE.

This game has been a source of hours upon hours of entertainment for me in the almost 2 years since I've been playing. It has been a means of helping me flesh out some longtime original characters, and if nothing else, for that reason I would love to see anything to help it surface back to life. I've even met some people in-game that I consider close friends now, so aside from the already-stated consumer interest, the game holds some amount of sentimental value as well.

TL;DR: Yes on the foundry because it will help the game, but also because I'm a sap and want to see it thrive again.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like Champs DOES have a Foundry.

And by that I mean you get Neverwinter Mail about your Foundry uploads in Champions.

I was wondering why it was saying I had mail in NWO, but nothing showed.

YouTeaseMe_zps0d724133.png
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please. I would love this.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YES, PLEASE Capitaaals.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • cutter187cutter187 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No.

At this point, we have been "putting our money where our mouths are" for years now and have not gotten much in the way of equivalent exchange back from Cryptic. While I like the idea of a Foundry adding those tools to this game while in its current state would be cynical and fraudulent. Players are so desperate for things to do that they will quite litteraly pay for the privelage to create their own content in a game that never had enough from day one.

Long before I see the Foundry in this game I would expect an influx of content comparable to a whole game expansion. Then and only then should something like the Foundry be implemented.
    cutter187 wrote: »
    No.

At this point, we have been "putting our money where our mouths are" for years now and have not gotten much in the way of equivalent exchange back from Cryptic. While I like the idea of a Foundry adding those tools to this game while in its current state would be cynical and fraudulent. Players are so desperate for things to do that they will quite litteraly pay for the privelage to create their own content in a game that never had enough from day one.

Long before I see the Foundry in this game I would expect an influx of content comparable to a whole game expansion. Then and only then should something like the Foundry be implemented.

the foundry being implemented is unlikely at best and an expansion even less likely. unfortunately. :/
  • cutter187cutter187 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    the foundry being implemented is unlikely at best and an expansion even less likely. unfortunately. :/

Oh I totally agree and that should tell you just how little work they want to put into their titles, and they know they can get away with it.
    cutter187 wrote: »
    No.

The main point is: the Foundry means a lot of new content (players created one and often much more better and fun than the official one) and it is the thing that this game, with official new content near 0, sorely needs. To the devs i say forget about the forum malvanus, the nt Takofanes invasion, the lemurians and all and concentrate only on giving this game a foundry comparable to the Neverwinter one and all the rest will come.
    Don't forget that old CoH players had a foundry in that game and many of them know how to use it well to create new content and this would lure those of them that did choose another game to substitute CoH back to CO
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand people want a foundry.

1. Kickstart?!

This is an existing product/business.

2. Jack Emmerwho?!

Called CO's content mediocre and then moved on.

Does history mean nothing around here? And Jack? Are you fing kidding me?

Close this bs.
    edited May 2013
    2. Jack Emmerwho?!

Called CO's content mediocre and then moved on.

Would you kindly link to where you heard him say or write this?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you kindly link to where you heard him say or write this?

Right here. Second paragraph in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-24-cryptic-we-need-to-improve-for-neverwinter

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    They wouldn't have mediocre content in their games if they actually invested themselves in the implementation. Maybe hire writers or work with writers of the original sources to dish out complete and worthwhile content.

At this rate, the only way they can "improve themselves" and the quality of their games' content, is to sell their games to other companies after release.
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since so many want the foundry in CO, i only can give bad news to it. Since PWE doesn't care for us, now even another MMO named Allods online gets a dungeon builder.
    The new expansion will allow users to generate their own dungeons and game content, which other players will be able to raid and plunder.

Source: http://www.justadventure.com/news/1289/path-of-victory-brings-dungeon-builder-to-allods-online

It's not completely like the foundry, but i think it's the start to something similiar.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• romeowoodromeowood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please. As a new member here, but a lifer at STO, I can say unequivocally that foundry content is a massive asset to the game & the community.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Please!
    azunyan02gif.gif
  • celticcrystalcelticcrystal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been asking since it was implemented in STO. As an avid writer and longtime comic book geek, I give an emphatic and positive

YES PLEASE!

:biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • betzalelzayevbetzalelzayev Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely. Yes Please.
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Logged in just to say

YES PLEASE!!!
    ERgLqqC.png
  • yetas2yetas2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please.

And then some ;)
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not gonna happen.

It would be too much like actual work, instead of a piddly little non-event that still has schedule slip.

Would be nice if it would, but no. Maybe if we see some actual progress that shows that the Cryptic North folks actually are working on CO as a primary, or even a significant tertiary, task.
    SQUIRREL!
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tumblr_mhlu9irKKS1raf3v8o1_.gif

But yes certainly I'd say YES PLEASE! There are a few things that have been put into nwo now too which could be taken back across. :>

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foxyperson wrote: »
    "Hmmm. Let me ponder that."

This was Jack Emmert's (Cryptic's CEO) answer when asked whether Cryptic would consider opening a Kickstarter to give us The Foundry as long as we can show him there are at least fifty people interested.

WHAT WE NEED:
    -A minimum of 50 replies saying nothing but "YES, PLEASE" in this thread.

What we DON'T need
    -Naysaying: If you don't care about this initiative or think that anyone contributing is dumb, please refrain from replying at all.
    -Resentment and entitlement feelings: This is about negotiation, not about the way you think things should be. No one is asking whether you're already a Gold subscriber or buy from the C-Store.
    -Rudeness: This thread is meant to be shown to the CEO. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.

We're addressing the CEO, and we're addressing executives. The bottom line is money, so let's show them we're willing to put our money where out mouths are.

So...

YES, PLEASE!

YES PLEASE!!!

So... he wanted 50 people and we gave him over 50 pages of people. That should do it, right?

Jack?
    edited June 2013
    Some screenshots from my work in NW:

1009323_10200742008286518_1831062935_o.jpg

(This is early screenshot for a mission I'm working on now)

1025992_10200742493778655_1239551351_o.jpg

Yeah, that bearded guy in front of the treant? He's 12 feet tall...
    Also note there are no treants in the game. I built that thing out of trees and glowing lights.

• vaultfairyvaultfairy Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please!
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please... it isn't too late is it? :P

My main character is Blackflight
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How is this thread still open?

i wish as much as all of you that this would actually mean we get the Foundry. Hello Brou even had a screen shot of the start of a foundry from long ago. if we were to get one, it wouldn't be completed for a year probably. We have over 50 pages hear and no Dev comments or anything. So I doubt they have given this thread the time of day.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited June 2013
    We'll keep going until we get it.

And that treant is amazing. That's creativity right there.
  • ogariousogarious Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Please!
  • ogariousogarious Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    GONNA HAPPEN! CUZ I SED SO! HA! :biggrin:

/signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed!

He wanted a yes please, how hard is that? lol
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    76b.gifPLEASE!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • sloche11sloche11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support this :P
    I'm so happy :D
  • devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The foundry would completely change my view of this game. At the moment, its pretty bleak, because the only thing we really have to look forward to is temporary events. But if I knew I had a completely new mission I could play every time I logged in, I would be much more motivated to actually...log in.
  • forsaken10forsaken10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Please.
  • arcadelord#8009 arcadelord Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, please.

Star Trek Online got the Foundry first. Then came Neverwinter although it was in Beta. I think it's time for Cryptic and Perfect World Entertainment to hear our voice : we want the Foundry on Champions Online now.
  • bombermangoldbombermangold Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes.

Although I have doubts this will go anywhere. Keeping hope alive.
  • tomquantumtomquantum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please!