test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how is the reception of bloodmoon

wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
So the event started while I am in dreamlands and now after work I am down for rounds of drinks. Just wondering if the event is making any significant difference to the player numbers. The devices from bloodmoon are not as good as the legacy devices and the zombie former heroes are not as tough as they used to with the power creep. Do players still bother to farm them? Is this the Halloween version? If so maybe dark aura may still be worth farming to sell.
Post edited by wesleytansg on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TT said this if the full moon version in one post. Then elsewhere he said that this woukd be the same as the last time they ran it (which was presumably Halloween). I'm too new to have ever done either, so I don't know which it is.
    Its a bit early? I'd say anyway....but it does make me want to break out my Lolipop Chainsaw style character Slammin Stacy :biggrin:
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a bit early? I'd say anyway....but it does make me want to break out my Lolipop Chainsaw style character Slammin Stacy :biggrin:

.....THATS GENIUS! Also, I enjoy seeing bloodmoon again, gives me soemting to do than stand around Rencen all day throwing rocks at Caliga.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a mixed bag.

The Blood Moon is not the Halloween version. It is a regular Blood Moon.

Some folks love it, some like it, some are indifferent, and some don't like it.

There is boss farming like never before, partially because the bosses are outdoors and people can use vehicles to wipe out those 50 zombie mobs in a minute or two. Also, power creep has affected heroes, but not the Blood Moon bosses.

I am in the like category, because I can fight some particular bosses to get specific devices I want. The drop rate for the Blood Moon items is fairly high. Otherwise, well, I don't care about getting Blood Moon action figures. When the event ends, oh well.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too few zones!

Bosses have less health than Alert bosses and there are 52 vehicles killing em in 4 seconds! Maybe even less, seriously!

ARRGGH

I like bloodmoon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited May 2013
    Yep: when there are only 3-4 instances, farmers can kill bosses in less than a minute. This also makes the boss spawn timers all about the same.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There were six MC zones at 10PM server time, not a single one had more than 80 people and 4 out of six had less than 15.

What's that tell you?
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013

... Suddenly I want to do a lolita punk girl with a hammer named Ginger Snap to go with that character.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shadow Strike, or you won't get a chance to do anything. x3
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the zombie former heroes are not as tough as they used to with the power creep

That's how i feel about it.

The challenge has been wiped away completely in my opinion. So im not even coming on to play it.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    TT said this if the full moon version in one post. Then elsewhere he said that this woukd be the same as the last time they ran it (which was presumably Halloween). I'm too new to have ever done either, so I don't know which it is.

Ah, sorry, my post was unclear -- it's the full moon version, it's the same as the last time we ran the full moon version, in early October.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what happened, it said slay takofanes and about 15 seconds later he was dead.

I was going past adn didn't see what happened.

I'm currenly dodging werewolves in canada, trying to level a character
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's obvious that Bloodmoon returned to give us something to do, since the Forum Malvanum alert is taking so long.
    "Takofanes to the rescue!"
    Still, much better than flying through hoops. animesweat.gif

It's true that the balance of open missions went belly-up thanks to vehicles. Sadly, the only way to fix this would be to nerf vehicles until they aren't much stronger than characters anymore. Personally, I don't think this would be a bad thing. :redface:

As for future content, I really don't think everything will be about vehicles. But we'll see once Champions Online gets...
    Beyond Forum Malvanum.

Thunederdome jokes: 1
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beyond Forum malvorum is the next event in the Cycle, I thinks it Nighthawk, again. With new lockboxes for people to buy.

Remember what we get from n ow on, is a cycle of short term events through the year with attached lockboxes.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Malvanum event is pretty much ready from my testing. However I made a list of recommendations for them to consider to make it much more EPIC.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Too few zones!

Bosses have less health than Alert bosses and there are 52 vehicles killing em in 4 seconds! Maybe even less, seriously!

ARRGGH

I like bloodmoon

Meanwhile in Japan, I can farm Dooomlords alone and I'm lame of getting Foxbat Zombie AFs...

I like bloodmoon
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss the days when Bloodmoon happened every month instead of when the dev team felt like turning it on.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do Bloodmoon the same weekend Krieg is out in BL2 :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never really cared about blood moon before, I don't now. Maybe it's because I've never even tried the crypts and there's something spectacular down there, but I think you need a group to do it and I always solo, so, yeah.

Also, half the time I can't even get into the crypts. Right now I'm trying, and all I get is "Server Not Responding" and a timer. It's currently up to...310 seconds. That's five minutes of load time and still going.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never really cared about blood moon before, I don't now. Maybe it's because I've never even tried the crypts and there's something spectacular down there, but I think you need a group to do it and I always solo, so, yeah.

You can solo pretty much everything, if your char is strong enough. As for the crypts; you should be able to deal with hordes of henchmen (there are spawners in some of the crypts), Might supervillains (must be defeated to unlock the boss room) and Darkness supervillains (the boss), all on "skull" difficulty.
    Also, half the time I can't even get into the crypts. Right now I'm trying, and all I get is "Server Not Responding" and a timer. It's currently up to...310 seconds. That's five minutes of load time and still going.

That's an issue lately, and not only for CO. Even Neverwinter takes very long to load maps for the first time they are played/after they've been updated.
    Might have something to do with three games cramped together on one server...
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can honestly say I kind of like the Blood Moon because it gives me something to do...

However, there's that annoyance of the DINOSAUR SWARM PET ARMY GUY IN A VEHICLE thing that really squashes any chance of getting decent drops if you're playing like a normal person...
    edited May 2013
    Chance of drop is same for everyone that participates. It is random, and unrelated to your ranking in the fight.

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chance of drop is same for everyone that participates. It is random, and unrelated to your ranking in the fight.
    Really? I'm not arguing, but I solo'd a few and got 3 good drops, but when the mass mob of chaotic screeching dinosaurs and singularity bombs came along, I was getting dookie...
    edited May 2013
    Just luck--rating hasn't factored into drops for a year or more.

• sverbridgesverbridge Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be fun if I had a vehicle to compete, but since it is not in my interest or character concept, I watched all the vehicles around me get the goods and gave up shortly thereafter. Went back to playing solo adventures.

Forgot to add that I couldn't get into the crypts for some reason. i was able to in the past, though. Oh, well. Had fun doing my own thing anyway.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never have been and never will be a fan of the bloodmoon event...but other people like it and that's all that matters.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited May 2013
    That's too bad, since every gets the drops, vehicle or not. No real competition.

• honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bloodmoon was only great to me, the first couple of times for haloween. Simple because the PvP mini-game was fun whilst it wasnt utterly broken, and the difficulty was a lot better. The doomlord used to wipe entire crowds of people (who were ALL freeform)...now he cant even touch anyone after Nerf and Nerf after Nerf.

Who the hell was complaining that it was too hard? seriously... -.-
    edited May 2013
    The Deathlord "boss" is a complete joke, as was Takofanes at Halloween.

*sigh*