What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130319.20 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• handsomerhandsomer Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug:

Round 7 with Psi cannot be completed because a small group of them leave the arena through the walls.

Also, it seems that the fight against Duratok(?) and Ironclad doesn't seem to grant enough time to take them both out. Granted, one of our team members were down for most of the fight, but it took all of the time allotted just to defeat one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bugs:
    Argent Soldiers refer to themselves as Viper
    Firewings Continous Burn do not disappear after defeating Firewing

Consider swapping Durotok/Ironclad to round 9 and make round 8 a duo of player nemesis or another leave as is and make round 9 a duo of super villains or player nemesis.

Maybe add the Roin'esh to the rotation

Firewing is far easier then Durotok/Ironclad fight.

Timer on Durotok/Ironclad round will be to short for normal groups in its current setup.

Stacked groups can finish it, but normal pugs will have issues. While i like things being a little more difficult, CO needs all the players it can muster right now.

~@Sashamari~
  • caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to go inside the Malvarum and actually fight.
    But I can't.

The first cut scene that plays freezes before it gets to the middle.
    Afterwards I have to close the game and re-open, I can log into the same character and still be inside but when the next cut scene comes up . . . it freezes.
    I can't play nor test this alert because no matter what character I use it still freezes.
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    purg777 wrote: »
    Timer on Durotok/Ironclad round will be to short for normal groups in its current setup.

Stacked groups can finish it, but normal pugs will have issues. While i like things being a little more difficult, CO needs all the players it can muster right now.

I heard someone mention this before, but a Rampage lvl 40 version of this event would be pretty awesome. Make it hard, put it in regular rotation like Gravi, I think that'd hit your other bases. Change up the rewards or give significantly higher chance for the better stuff from the Rampage one.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay. Beat the alert, thanks to a good team. Some thoughts.

I'm going to be the one voice who says he likes the cutscenes. I do wonder about the story justification for us being there. As well as earth's reaction to the revelation that an extremely powerful intergalactic race is holding gladiatorial games on the moon. :)

Also:
    The Dogz aren't from Millennium, replace them with Cobra Lords.

I'm really surprised that Ironclad is slumming for the Malvans in his spare time. I do hope that this turns into a plot point later.

Round 6 was hard, though a good team and a Saphirre backup got us through. I will let others debate whether it's too hard for ATs.

Rounf 7 is really an anti-climax after Round 6. How about a Nemesis joined by two lesser villains (perhaps one Earth, and one Wind)?

Rough 8. It's "Ariax Thone", not "Ariax Throne". I know, it's voice, so we're stuck with it.

Rewards:
    Okay. I'll withdraw my vitriol as this is a placeholder. Still, a few thoughts.

First of all, let's take the Vehicle 5 pack. 5 rank 1s? Seriously? Can we at least escalate this by level.

Level 11-20 Rank 1
    Level 21-30 Rank 2
    Level 31-39 Rank 3
    Level 40+ 80% chance of Rank 4/ 20% chance of Rank V.

While you're at it, adjust this also for UNTIL carrier.

Also -- don't forget perks! Give everyone who does this Alert "Hero of the Malvan arena" as a perk and 25 Perk Points, useless though they are. Also add a "Go Super Racer!" perk for the successful completion of both courses, and a "Galactic Glory" perk for the completion of both Malvan perks.
    typhonus wrote: »
    I heard someone mention this before, but a Rampage lvl 40 version of this event would be pretty awesome. Make it hard, put it in regular rotation like Gravi, I think that'd hit your other bases. Change up the rewards or give significantly higher chance for the better stuff from the Rampage one.

Agreed, enthusiastically.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only managed to get the queue to pop twice and both times the team made it to the Duratok/Ironclad fight where time just ran out.

The countdown timer ticking during cutscenes is the biggest bug/complaint I've got so far.

BUG: countdown timer runs during cutscenes

BUG: the ego blade lunge won't actually lunge, it plays the animation but the character doesn't move
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The crowd audio still plays after leaving the alert, the only way to stop it playing is to relogg.

The cutscenes are far too long, either remove them and replace with audio only or just shorten them or even make them team skippable

The platform where you collect the reward is very high, too high even. If you dont have a flight power or acro/athletics you wont be collecting the reward.

@SteveBurnside
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found this alert to be boring, uninspiring, and unrewarding. The 7th round bugged and we failed only to receive a small amount of resources.

The voice acting and lip syncing would be acceptable if this were a movie in the 70s, and the gangs used are either wrong or don't really make a lot of sense. Ultimately this another custom alert to ignore.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug: it's gated to level 30 while the event is about the toughest champions in the city being invited to the arena games. Surely the devs know 40 is the higher level, right?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Replace all the mobs ie purple gang, vipers, gadroon etc with something more challenging and epic. Ideally the cosmics like Grond, Telieosaurus and Qwyjibo.

Best idea ever, please do this.

This alert makes me feel a bad teamplayer when not using a high dps build. I was looking forward to pitting my heavy weapons tank in the arena, but I don't have a bunch of neuroelectric pulse generators or teleiosaurus pheromones. I can't really ask my team to waste their time for me like that, so I guess tanky builds are out for this one.

Having a short timer on all the fights, and losing when that runs out, implies you are fighting not very challenging enemies (which of course is true) and need some handicap to add a challenge. That isn't really how I think an arena fight should be.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    Best idea ever, please do this.

This alert makes me feel a bad teamplayer when not using a high dps build. I was looking forward to pitting my heavy weapons tank in the arena, but I don't have a bunch of neuroelectric pulse generators or teleiosaurus pheromones. I can't really ask my team to waste their time for me like that, so I guess tanky builds are out for this one.

Having a short timer on all the fights, and losing when that runs out, implies you are fighting not very challenging enemies (which of course is true) and need some handicap to add a challenge. That isn't really how I think an arena fight should be.

On the contrary, for an event on the basis that you are recognised for your ability and allowed to grace the elite of the elite of the gladiators it's expected to fight the same trash weak mobs in numbers because a real challenge with a fair "failure" parameter just isn't popular :(
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    On the contrary, for an event on the basis that you are recognised for your ability and allowed to grace the elite of the elite of the gladiators it's expected to fight the same trash weak mobs in numbers because a real challenge with a fair "failure" parameter just isn't popular :(

OK I did not really understand what you just wrote and which of aiqa's points you are referring to. Is it the cosmics, the timer or the weak mobs?
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Snakeys looong feedback, which you will ignore, like the 1.5 million tickets in this game:

PROS:
    -Difficulty is a lot better, it would be even more fun if the difficulty went even further and the timer was removed. (More challenge = more fun)

-The new Oxygen-fueled alien dogs look awesome.

-Voice acting quality was a lot better this time around.

CONS:
    -Of all the activities Champions has to offer, THIS one needs a Defeat LOCKOUT, not a timer..the point of a arena is that if you lose...you're out. ONLY let people back in, if the round is won. (still allow player resurrections)

-Too many Focused cutscenes. Cant they just be sound clips followed by a whistle?

-The cutscenes make you drop Focus/Rage/Concentration/etc stacks.
    typhonus wrote:
    the cutscenes are too long. I lose all 8 stacks of whatever buff I'm running and it cuts a rather large chunk from my DPS

-This should have been the infinite round Survival Mode :( its a shame you didnt have infinite rounds where the mobs kept increasing in difficulty.

-Timers: Timer's do not belong in this Alert. Archtypes are not going to beat them and low level "I dont wanna level up!" whiners are going to whine. Why not increase the difficulty of the mobs and not the timer? Extra rule: you cannot recover and there's a Lose condition for Everyone being defeated.
    Brou wrote:
    When build composition can consist of most anything on a character in this game, the time limit is an extremely dangerous thing to use as a form of difficulty.
    aiqa wrote: »
    Having a short timer on all the fights, and losing when that runs out, implies you are fighting not very challenging enemies (which of course is true) and need some handicap to add a challenge.

-Firewing boss at the end, is weak compared to Ironclad and Duratok, he only focuses on one person and teammates over 50ft away from Firewing, can attack him with no worry about being hit by anything. Firewing needs a huge difficulty increase. Ranged people need to be punished, and you need to quit this ideology that the guy in Melee has to take most of the damage. Ranged people can tank JUST AS WELL.

-The real final round was Duratok and Ironclad, and only because of the short timer, not their strength. Should be the other way around.

-For an event held across the Galaxy, everyone in the crowd and the announcers, are all HUMAN, you should make some non-human hosts and audience.

-Sound issues: Some audio clips are not playing correctly others like the Audience, are not stopping until you close the game.

-Please put in a 35+ level gate, anyone coming in here less than level 35 is going to be nothing but a penalty on the rest of the team. This should have been level 40 only.
    falchoin wrote:
    This event is obviously not completable by level 5 characters, so why let them queue? Ideally this would end up being another level 35+ alert that doesn't sk down our max level characters.
    Don't ruin this event by holding us to level 30 <snip> make us be able to play it at level 40!!!
    skcark wrote: »
    Bug: it's gated to level 30 while the event is about the toughest champions in the city being invited to the arena games. Surely the devs know 40 is the higher level, right?

-Reward platform too high (what were you thinking?!)

-RESOURCE REWARD needs QUADRUPLING.

-Firewings attacks give off too much warning, nobody gets hit by those attacks unless they PURPOSELY dont get out of the way, and even if they DO PURPOSELY get hit by the attacks, theyre too weak to defeat most people. The penalty for not avoiding these attacks with such a long..LONG warning, should be insta-death.

-I expected more epic enemies...(NOT COSMICS) but i was at least expecting more legendaries like Mega-Terak, Ripper, NEMESIS, Kigatilik's Frost Hounds, Mega-Destroid.
    replace them with something more challenging and EPIC. For example, replace vipers with a group of super villains. For example, Ripper, Warlord, Green Dragon etc

-Total rewards: Terrible. Why not offer Questionite or Acclaim on top of the resources?​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Duratok+Ironclad encounter was completed successfully.

I was unable to pay attention to the group composition, unfortunately.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caosdash wrote: »
    Would be nice to go inside the Malvarum and actually fight.
    But I can't.

The first cut scene that plays freezes before it gets to the middle.
    Afterwards I have to close the game and re-open, I can log into the same character and still be inside but when the next cut scene comes up . . . it freezes.
    I can't play nor test this alert because no matter what character I use it still freezes.

Likewise. Every single cutscene froze for me requiring a restart of the game.
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise. Every single cutscene froze for me requiring a restart of the game.

Remove them. If they can't get them to not bug out there is no point to have that many.

Also I'd rather have more difficult mobs like cosmics and no timer.

Make it infinite rounds with random mobs of higher and higher difficulty. That way (when they are hooked up) they can justify better and better rewards.

ex: Beat a team of 5-7 cosmics get a guaranteed Legion Gear drop.

:tongue:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just have this naggy feeling that they are going to release this as it is despite our well-intentioned recommendations. However, if they do take them up like they did in Lemurian Invasion, I suspect we shall have to wait another 3 weeks...

However, I believe that there were more praises than negativity about the Lemurian Invasion on the whole largely because they took up some of the suggestions given.
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but it took a wild angry mob clawing them to pieces for them to do one small thing.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope that the devs take the time to really change things for the better. A late, good release is better than a lousy, on-time release.

CO is one bad release away from collapse, parhaps.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUG: the ego blade lunge won't actually lunge, it plays the animation but the character doesn't move

Were you flying? I've got the sinking feeling that it's the weird gravity that's doing it. Decimate doesn't work either. I've never dueled in my Moon Base though, so I'm not sure if that's the exact reason.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This alert doesn't feel like worthy being witnessed by the galaxy. Every round needs to have a boss of increasing difficulty, not a timer.

This alert should have been designed as a gauntlet of bosses. Maybe a new debuff added every other round.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Update: The persistent cheering bug, where the crowd could be heard across time, space, and characters has been fixed on the QA servers. Thanks everyone for helping us target this issue.

Question: Does this happen anywhere else in the game, where ambient sound persists when you get away from the source?
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had it happen before but I can not remember where. It was like an ambient group chatter. People talking..etc
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: The persistent cheering bug, where the crowd could be heard across time, space, and characters has been fixed on the QA servers. Thanks everyone for helping us target this issue.

Question: Does this happen anywhere else in the game, where ambient sound persists when you get away from the source?

It happens with the Red Winter Alert, and has since that alert went live.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ever since I started playing the game back in 2011, whenever I would go to an instance where there are caves on Monster Island, I would encounter this bug and it would persist in exactly the same way. Usually the missions involving Protect Plummet.

The instance is called "Lost Caves".
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion, the purple gang is out of place there. The actual fights against real opponents. I can sort of see Viper, Agent, and PSI. But not the Purple gang, they aren't terrifying or strong.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    typhonus wrote: »
    Were you flying? I've got the sinking feeling that it's the weird gravity that's doing it. Decimate doesn't work either. I've never dueled in my Moon Base though, so I'm not sure if that's the exact reason.

Now that you mention it I do believe I had Flight enabled at the time.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________