test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Organic Knight Helmet

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
I've been experimenting with creating a organic helmet for a suit of knight style armor.

But my initial attempt wasn't quite what I was after.

Quite honestly, it's quite scary/creepy to look at, I was going for a noble look instead.
And don't ask for a screenshot, because you won't get one!

What I'm trying to create is something like this:

PrimevalHelmet01_zps73880ad5.jpg

The faceplate is a bit more bulky then I would like, so I'm going to try and streamline that.

However, it's the fringe of spikes that is the hardest part to work on.

When I sculpted the original helmet, I couldn't find any straight bladed spikes, they're all curved in some form or another.

Anyone got some suggestions of how to replicate this helmet in Champions Online?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was what I tried initially.

It's one of those things that works in theory, not in practice! :eek:

At a pinch, the helmet may work, but the horns was what caused it to fall apart.

I ended up with a helmet that looked like it was the head of a horror movie monster, not a Knight's armored helmet.

It's odd that one tiny difference can make a massive difference.

As I mentioned earlier, the fact that none of the horns are straight, sharply pointed spines (as the source helmet is) changes the appearance completely.

Now please excuse me while I go get a 20 kilogram warhammer to straighten out the horns....... :rolleyes:

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(