test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Livestream & Playtest - 5:30 PM, 5/20

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
Cross-posting -- because being the CM means never having to say sorry for spamming. :biggrin:

The Forum Malvanum custom alert has been added to the public test server, and to make sure that it's perfect when it goes to -Live, we're going to be having a playtest event on PTS for subscribers.

The playtest will start at 5:30 PM PDT on Monday, 5/20, and will run until 7PM. TrailTurtle will be livestreaming, and for every thirty people who show up, run the event and give feedback, he'll send out an Iris Irregular action figure to a random participant.

Can't wait to try the Forum Malvanum alert? Subscribers can copy over a character to PTS and give it a whirl right now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brokenrivalrybrokenrivalry Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -SNIP- he'll send out an Iris Irregular action figure to a random participant.

-SNIP-

Oh boy.
    A RANDOM PARTICIPANT
    Looking forward to being absolutely outlucked and stomped out by others.

In-Game Handle: @Narfball ...Who wants to talk to me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, for every thirty, someone gets one?

You're trying to artificially generate rarity, so you can sell off that stockpile of em for massive profits, aren't you? Tricksy Turtles.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll be there to show any devs that show up that the Become Gladiator's Enrage doesn't work and that it is BoE when it shouldn't bind at all. =b
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Wait, for every thirty, someone gets one?

You're trying to artificially generate rarity, so you can sell off that stockpile of em for massive profits, aren't you? Tricksy Turtles.

Worked for diamonds!

Also, just to clarify: Those AFs will probably be given out in future days. Not many days in the future, but not right away -- I need to enlist CS's help on that. They will be given away as fairly as I can, but to avoid a feeding frenzy, it will probably end up being a sign-up system, where I can randomly choose winners later on.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any preference for playtest toons? If not, I will bring a mid-level toon.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww I wish I can get Iris Irregular AF. :3

Forum Malbanum not so bad... but why Dogz come after Ironcrad?

Bug1 Round7, after defeat all enemy counters still go down and failed.
    I think countdown should work only at final round with Fire Wing Boss.

Bug2 We can use Vehicles in instance.

Bug3 TrainTurtle went away somewhere and how shall we give any feedback? :3 Ah, she came back.

Not a bug but Ironclads are too much tough for lowbies.
    Not a bug but 3.9G resource for success are bit too low for a limited time event prize.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing personal TT, I am just not an AF person but I would love to help you playtest it. Unfortunately the timing will never ever work for me since it is either office hours or during time I should be sleeping to make it for office hours LOL.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well--I was never able to log in.

*sigh*

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been trying to patch to the current PTS build for over an hour and a half. Stuck at 65%. Tried cutting the process entirely and coming back a few minutes later to try again only to see the progress bar shoot back to 65% and stay there.

Patched 46.3MB/71MB
    Received 300.4MB - 65%

UPDATE: finally got in a few minutes after posting this, will add feedback on the PTS board
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So for the benefit of those who missed it, here's a screenshot of what Trail Turtle looks like when he realizes that he's standing right next to Caliga but forgot to poke him! :eek:

In all fairness, none of us remembered to poke Caliga. Seeing as I'm the big bunny in this picture and I forgot also.

Apparently the new gladiator event is more fun than poking.

Either that, or it's possible some players were too dunk and/or sleep deprived to think clearly.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bugs I noticed:

1) Round 4 (or was it 5?) Randomly bugs. You are supposed to defeat waves of thugs before the timer runs out. You appear to have defeated everything, but the timer keeps going until it runs out and you lose.

I think it has something to do with an enemy getting stuck/knocked back into/through the walls and becoming untargetable? That's RUMOR mind you. I can't confirm that. But the nature of the bug that I saw would support that idea. That is - you are supposed to defeat waves of thugs before the timer runs out. You appear to have defeated everything, but the timer keeps going until it runs out and you lose.

Mind you - I only saw that happen the first time personally. After that it went okay. Anybody else see that?

2) Round 7 - The timer starts DURING THE CUTSCENE with Durotok and Ironclad! That needs to not happen - and in any case, the timer is still way too short for anything less than Godmode DPS.

3) Argent showed up and were identified by Dialogue as VIPER. Oops.

4) Charging powers appear to work strangely or not at all in flight. This may be having to do with the gravity.

Mind you - I LIKE the fact that the gravity is low! It's the MOON. And that is consistent. Though I suppose you could argue that Malvan tech would/could produce a grav field of any strength desired. I still like the attempt to - in a subtle way - remind you of where you are. So if I have to choose between keeping flight on or using my charge-in power, I'll turn off my flight. This a minor bug at best, and may actually be an "easter egg" of sorts.

5) SOUND BUG - the Sound of the Arena (Ambient and incidental crowd voices) remains after you have left and come back to MC. Or any zone in fact. I tested it. You can zone to any other zone you want, Monster Island, Lemuria, Vibora Bay, Desert, and it simply won't leave! You also can't be rid of it by switching characters! The ONLY way to set the sound back to normal after a match is to shut down the game completely and then reboot it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So for the benefit of those who missed it, here's a screenshot of what Trail Turtle looks like when he realizes that he's standing right next to Caliga but forgot to poke him! :eek:

In all fairness, none of us remembered to poke Caliga. Seeing as I'm the big bunny in this picture and I forgot also.

Apparently the new gladiator event is more fun than poking.

Either that, or it's possible some players were too dunk and/or sleep deprived to think clearly.

Ha! I'm the big "Samurai" robot standing in that shot. That's Robot Ronin. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Some notes on Tateklys himself. As someone who has the Hero Games source material, I wanted to make note of some design issues with him.

First off - LOVE the voice! That's just the right amount of over-the-top announcer and snark. The guy actually does a good job. Amazing in this game!

Hair and Eye Color - In the books he is described as having (or affecting) black hair. He also is described as having one red eye and one green eye and wears purple shades sometimes. As a Malvan he's on the "Golden" end of their skin spectrum.

I don't particularly mind him being blond. Malvan's change that sort of thing all the time. I do like the fact that he has the proper flared eyebrows that Malvans are supposed to have. And the pointed ears. The hairstyle choice is also good. His skin color appears less "golden and more like a tan though. I didn't notice what his eye colors are, I'll have to check again. But not having the glasses as an affectation is no big deal.

The robes are the right color but his ensemble overall is... well. Bland. Malvan's should be anything BUT bland! Give the guy some bling for crying out loud! He's a mover and shaker in Malvan society! His name "Tateklys" even MEANS "The Fashionable One!"

Here's a much better take on Tateklys that uses the game system but adheres to the description from the books much more.

(Link is gone and not coming back)

For other Malvans created by player characters (All remarkably consistant - I know my Tarma Sul character wasn't based on any of the others!) check out the following links. Almost all have lots of images.

Aliona
    Apollyon
    Heartbeat
    Tarma Sul

Sorry - the nuking of the Primus Database means we've lost all the above pages. Hellaciously bad timing for this.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited May 2013

First off - LOVE the voice! That's just the right amount of over-the-top announcer and snark. The guy actually does a good job. Amazing in this game!

I agree the voice actor did a really good job. Someone needs to buy him a cookie.