test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Vanguard!

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
While Cryptic has the right to deal with the IP as they will...

Vanguard's PnP version: a Superman-analog who ended three months of Destroyer's mental domination of earth by refusing a direct command to destroy the Statue of Liberty and who later gave his life destroying the asteroid that Destroyer was pulling to earth is a heckuva lot cooler than "non-descript archer guy".

So please do one of two options:

1. Rename Vanguard to "Swashbuckler", one of the two dead heroes of the fifteen slain in Detroit who wasn't used in Bloodmoon. While "Swashbuckler" suggests single or dual blades power sets, it would still be less conspicuous than the mightiest hero who ever lived becoming a bowman.

2. Use the current character model, but change him to Might with a powerful force field (essentially changing his role with Crusher). Then change Crusher to Heavy Weapons/Earth, which didn't exist when the original Bloodmoon was made.

Thanks.

Edit. See, not an archer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKUAHzMj7U
/CanadaBanner4.jpg
Post edited by canadascott on

Comments

• sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, this seems more like someone made a mistake when implementing, than a retcon by Cryptic. They should address it if they can.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've been asking for this for a couple of years now and we know Cryptic has the appropriate sourcebooks at their disposal to verify what we've been saying all this time.

Is this ever going to get addressed?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rename Vanguard to "Swashbuckler"..........

Um...................................nobody told me I was dead :eek:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry, hold still. We're going to retcon this in a messy way- but I promise, it'll only take a second and you won't feel a thing.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Of course you're not dead. Who do you think you are, Chivalry?

It's the *other* Swashbuckler (who, along with Icestar, was one of the two people killed in Detroit who was not raised by Takofanes).
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would require changing the Action Figure, Perk and character names. Shouldn't be too difficult, really.

But they wasted dev time remaking Kevin Poe twice, so we'll see if anything non-insulting comes of this.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...."Swashbuckler", one of the two dead heroes of the fifteen slain in Detroit......

I'm thinking that I should probably change my Swashbuckler's bio a little in the light of this revelation. Maybe my toon could have carried on the legacy of the original Swashbuckler.

Do you have any information on this Hero that could help me?

Unfortunately, this is all I can find........"An American superhero who fought in World War II".
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this 100 percent!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Champions Universe (6e) has this to say about him in the roll of the dead:

Swashbuckler II, successor to a famed Golden Age hero of the same name, whose body armor wasn?t enough to save him when he tried to stop Grond?s rampage during the battle.

As for Swashbuckler I, he was a member of the Freedom Battalion (those crimefighters and mystery men whose lack of superpowers allowed them to operate behind enemy lines in WW2). He died in the final battle with Germany's ubermenschen in 1945.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love legacy heroes... and now i wanna meet Swashbuckler III in rp :D that is a big legacy to uphold
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make a change to respect the original IP and make the character we interact with and rescue the soul of much cooler? You have my support!

This concept has been officially granted Volterrific Status by Dr Cerebellum

/signed
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?