test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When are we going to change directions here!!!

bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
Last I checked this was a superhero game and not a tight wearing cheap version of twisted metal or V8. Vehicles are great but only for a select few of character concepts and they definitely are not deserving of a whole system like they have received. I mean seriously name how many heroes or even villains in the comics use vehicles? Out of all the ones you came up with how many people use them as a primary means of doing their tasks?

Hell their is even Vehicle oriented content being made which isnt a bad thing as a side game but the last two events/alerts we have gotten are for vehicles. Can we get some actually comic or superhero stuff? Look at the display as your logging in does that look like a superhero game to you lol. It sure doesnt to me but hey who knows maybe i'm out of the loop, only been reading comics 20 plus years.

The devs actually bring back Bloodmoon which was supposed to be a every full moon thing anyways but thats besides the point. They bring the event back they don't update anything but it is still an event that most of the community enjoys or atleast they were able to till this version. Now if you try to make it to farm a fallen hero you are beat by 52 vehicles who then kill that fallen hero in like 4 secs. Does that sound like enjoyable or fun to you?

So can we please return to a more comic oriented direction, something that would actually make sense in this type of game? I think we have had enough with these become devices. Lets be real you give us a system in which we can create any hero we want so why do you think becomes are the hot items?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're implying that we still have a proper developer crew to plan any sort of direction with the game.
  • Options
    bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    You're implying that we still have a proper developer crew to plan any sort of direction with the game.

lol as true as that might be what little skeleton crew we have should not be focusing on races or sky fights as much as they should actual comic or genre content in my opinion.
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We will change directions once all the fumes run out and we roll backwards until we careen off a blind curve overlooking a cliff. The important thing is even at that place we will be looking upward to the future.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anybody at Cryptic still cares about game balance, they should be $#!^ing bricks over what this Bloodmoon has revealed. Vehicles have completely unbalanced open world events and group missions to the point that they'll soon be mandatory (if they aren't already) to compete.

"City of Hovertanks" will go down as one of the biggest blunders in MMO history if Cryptic doesn't take drastic action, and soon. Of course, I have no faith that anything will happen, because this mad scramble of slapdash events, all to promote more gambleboxes full of more vehicles, is too valuable to the game's bottom line.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss installations of story driven content...Resistance was awesome, Vibora Bay was awesome...Lemurian Invasion was awesome (GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!) every time i play an alert i get the feeling i shouldnt even bother leveling up anymore and quit playing.

Im boycotting the new alert, im not going to even look at it.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if this game's lack of vision and direction has been contributing my increasing crankiness lately.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you truly wanted to see you would have to subtract the game and determine if you are happier or not.

Cuz I don't see any vision coming into focus anytime soon.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since PWE's aim is to sell things eg.vehicles, vehicle mods, keys to open lockboxes to get more of those.
    The players are there to buy things not get what they want.
    Why would they put in stuff that doesn't need vehicles?
    That won't sell things.

Look at Nevermind where you can't avoid picking up Lockboxes and you can't discard them. Then if you get something good, it tells everyone, in big letters.

then bags- in cash shop. Not the space for the bag, the actual bag.

which reminds me, I've got to pass a bug someone mentioned but weren't going to report.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They previously stated that the Adventure Packs and Comic Series weren't selling well.
    Lockboxes seem highly succesful, considering how many people trade cosmic keys.
    And despite all of the hate vehicles get around the forums, I see them regularly in-game.

Of course I don't have the exact numbers, but I feel confident saying that lockboxes and vehicles are bringing in the most cash.

Which (sadly) means they are here to stay.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »
    Lockboxes seem highly succesful, considering how many people trade cosmic keys.

When the only new content is being given through lockboxes, it stands to reason that they'll sell better.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In next 3-4 years. Give or take a decade or two.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the only new content is being given through lockboxes, it stands to reason that they'll sell better.
    Right, as I've said before, it's really easy to say that 'X is selling well!' when that's ALL you're offering. Of course KFC's fried chicken sells well, DERR!

I've already said it a thousand times. Simply releasing a costume pack would show me that someone cares. I won't ask for a massive zone addition- given the way things recently have been bungled, I'd rather them take their time and make it right, or not make it all.
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point i no longer think they will correct issues... or even care to...

Seems i'll just run around in Champs till the guys form Missing Worlds Media get their game ready
  • Options
    sverbridgesverbridge Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not in my character concept to have a vehicle. I have no interest in a vehicle. I gave up playing in the community events because of this disparity. I just play in the adventures that are there and I have not played them all yet, so that is my goal. After that, I don't know. I was thinking about spending some cash here, but not now.

I was playing DCUO but it seems like you need to buy stuff or game in groups to do anything worthwhile. I may go back to that unless something new and interesting happens here.

My initial attraction to this game was due largely to the fact that I played the PnP game for years and thought it was the best game out there. I love the background, the characters, the system, it's a very rich world. Since I could not find people to play, I thought this would make a great substitute, and it did at first, but is now seeming like it is steering away from the superhero. I think this could be a great game, it just needs some attention. Hopefully that will happen when Neverwinter gets under control, but with updates every day and having serious exploit vulnerabilities that's probably not going to happen any time soon.
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problems with vehicles in the game.

I do, however, have a problem with how they were implemented into the game.

They should have been nothing more than a travel power.

That way the game resources wouldn't have been used on a vehicle mod system and content made solely for vehicles.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    Now if you try to make it to farm a fallen hero you are beat by 52 vehicles who then kill that fallen hero in like 4 secs.

This makes it sound as though vehicles are more powerful than heroes...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't care about Vehicles if they were just some content that is added while we still get also other content. That however is problem .. all is focused on them and nothing else has been developed since they started with them. Not even new costume sets because i suspect the costume-designers are now vehicle-designers instead :mad:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vehicles should've been travel power skins that were unusable in combat.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    Vehicles should've been travel power skins that were unusable in combat.

Was always my idea to make them like Bat-Flight, and so that they don't eat up the slots for other in-combat TPs they could have also been devices.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    The devs actually bring back Bloodmoon which was supposed to be a every full moon thing anyways but thats besides the point. They bring the event back they don't update anything but it is still an event that most of the community enjoys or atleast they were able to till this version. Now if you try to make it to farm a fallen hero you are beat by 52 vehicles who then kill that fallen hero in like 4 secs. Does that sound like enjoyable or fun to you?

So can we please return to a more comic oriented direction, something that would actually make sense in this type of game? I think we have had enough with these become devices. Lets be real you give us a system in which we can create any hero we want so why do you think becomes are the hot items?

I'm almost glad I *completely* forgot to check out bloodmoon this last weekend, even though I was looking forward to it, if this is how the fallen heroes fights turned out. But IMO, the answer to your question is "never" or "not ever." (Especially after the bungled mess of the "open beta" of Neverwinter, I expect funds will remain tight.) Continue feeding this beast until you are no longer comfortable doing so, but I don't think it's nature will change, at this point. It seems far too late.
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when cryptic does 1 or 2 things

1. Hires a FULL proper dev team, that DOESN'T get shipped off sto or new world order

2. they sell the IP to a better studio that cares about supers and has alot more tact about how to handle it

until either of those happen you might as well be happy if we get anything at all
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found the biggest issue with the Fallen Heroes wasn't vehicles. Vehicles did mop up the zombies fast, but well-built toons outperform vehicles in combat.

The problem is that the bosses in Blood Moon are still designed to fight at pre-Alert levels. Toons these days are just way better--better powers, better gear, and specializations. Currently, a level 40 toon built around Two-Gun-Mojo can do 3K damage per tick. Undead Nimbus just can't take that kind of punishment.

Heck, the Deathlord gets swamped by 80-100 heroes all using post-Alert attacks and goes down in seconds.

Vehicles aren't the big issue with this--lack of updates is.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found the biggest issue with the Fallen Heroes wasn't vehicles. Vehicles did mop up the zombies fast, but well-built toons outperform vehicles in combat.

The problem is that the bosses in Blood Moon are still designed to fight at pre-Alert levels. Toons these days are just way better--better powers, better gear, and specializations. Currently, a level 40 toon built around Two-Gun-Mojo can do 3K damage per tick. Undead Nimbus just can't take that kind of punishment.

Heck, the Deathlord gets swamped by 80-100 heroes all using post-Alert attacks and goes down in seconds.

Vehicles aren't the big issue with this--lack of updates is.

Very true. Honestly I didnt see many vehicles in the gates I was clearing.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if they put as much effort as they are into these vehicles into a Sidekick system to replace the current 2 dollar ones in the shop. If a sidekick device was as customizable and slottable and etc etc as these vehicles I think there'd be alot less negative feedback. Especially if you could actually change the sidekicks clothes to sorta match yours or fit a certain look etc.

Cause with the current vehicles not being cosmetically customizable at all, it kinda kills that aspect especially this far into their release. Lets hope if they do ever bring a sidekick system and AI that its at least on par with Star Treks current officer system.