test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bloodmoon Returns 5/16

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2013 in Super News Network
First fishmen, then aliens, and now an undead invasion! Millennium City can't catch a break, and UNTIL is calling for help from all heroes - the Blood Moon event is returning on Thursday!

Plus: Fight alongside Community Manager TrailTurtle in a livestream Thursday evening! He'll be online from 5:30 - 7 PM PDT. You can join him in-game, or watch on the Twitch channel.

Blog post is here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great!Great! PERCEPTION SECONDARIES!!
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay. Bloodmoon.

What's the status on the Malvan event. You know... that new event.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is $ill Roper doing here???
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait! I can earn access to the Celestial Powerset before anyone else!

.....seriously, Cryptic? You couldn't even dig up a more recent 'trailer' for Blood Moon?

And where the hell is the Forum Malvan event?!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perception gears were removed from the loots tables. =O

And its probably the version that you don't get to fight takofanes for Dark Aura drops.

Still its a change of pace and I can get more Bloodmoon devices.
  • akselmoiakselmoi Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww yeah I've missed Bloodmoon. Gonna be fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    .....seriously, Cryptic? You couldn't even dig up a more recent 'trailer' for Blood Moon?

And where the hell is the Forum Malvan event?!

More recent trailer -- do any exist? I was just reusing old assets because videos are pretty effective, but if there's anything more recent, I'd gladly use that. I know it's outdated, but it's the first time new players will have seen it, and I'd rather have it than no video at all.
    And its probably the version that you don't get to fight takofanes for Dark Aura drops.

Correct -- this is the Full Moon version, rather than the Halloween version.

As for more Forum Malvanum finale info... stay tuned. And I don't mean that in a nebulous, SOON(tm) kind of way. More like the "I'm setting the alarm" kind of way. Consider yourself teased. :wink:
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oooh, I finally get to see this "Bloodmoon" I've been hearing about...
    Champions: @ace112233
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a change but too bad bloodmoon devices pale so much in comparison to legacy devices that they are not so worh farming. However it is something to do at least. Hope this buys enough time for the malvan gladiator arena fight to be completed. How is the progress of that turtle? News good or bad is better than no news. Also why not put back Nighthawk mission or is it to be spread out? Will be nice also if you guys could fix the mega-d invasion.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Also why not put back Nighthawk mission or is it to be spread out? Will be nice also if you guys could fix the mega-d invasion.

Nighthawk and Mega-D are more complicated to bring back, and Mega-D needs some bug-fixing before it can come back. Not sure exactly what's needed with Nighthawk, but I know that it would be more labor-intensive; we definitely plan to bring it back, though.

Re: Forum Malvanum progress... "As for more Forum Malvanum finale info... stay tuned. And I don't mean that in a nebulous, SOON(tm) kind of way. More like the "I'm setting the alarm" kind of way. Consider yourself teased. :wink:"
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nighthawk and Mega-D are more complicated to bring back, and Mega-D needs some bug-fixing before it can come back. Not sure exactly what's needed with Nighthawk, but I know that it would be more labor-intensive; we definitely plan to bring it back, though."

Sure, we have understood than all events, but bloodmoon, was too much complicated for Cryptic Co's dev team. (if this team exists anymore). No need to say it.
    (6 months to debug mega-D and it needs again some time to debug ? Please stop to make fun, nobody 's working on this or anything else. There is almost no patchnotes or updates since november 2012 because our devs are working on nwo, we know it.)

The optimistic way you be able to speak from this bloodmoon event, we had every months for approximatively one year in the past, is really awesome.
    Be excited by a very old and worn event like bloodmoon like you seem to be in your article is really impressive.

But i ask to myself when Cryptic will be able to create on this game some new and correct playable content, instead of pretend offer anything to the players with old stuff we have already played and finished 50X, or create only fluff in the store and use this money to expand other games than CO, as STO and NW...
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question : Do Bloodmoon Mobs still drop "old" items .. and i mean especially these "engery on kill" items ? Since i really love them .. and miss them on chars that don't have them.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Question : Do Bloodmoon Mobs still drop "old" items .. and i mean especially these "engery on kill" items ? Since i really love them .. and miss them on chars that don't have them.

Last time I played, I didn't get any of them. I think they've all been updated, since they don't have minimum levels anymore, so all of them are the new items and the devices scale?

I could be wrong.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I SHALL FINALLY BURY YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL TAKOFANES!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Also, it shall be interesting to see how the CoH people react to this event.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Coh players who don't have already quit CO.

At this moment :
    Millenium city#1 : 98 players
    Millenium city#2 : 91 players
    Millenium city#3 : 53 players
    Millenium city#4 : 40 players

MI Island, vibora bay, lemuria, canada, desert almost dead. (25 players or less, each of them, 20 in desert)
    38 players in alerts (addition of all of them)
    Hero games (pvp) = 0 players.

Lol. There isn't a lot of coh players on co. Some of them, yes, but very few.
    I hope they will like this event. This is the the only one Cryptic can create and go live without major bugs before take it back. :biggrin:

Waste.
  • knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct -- this is the Full Moon version, rather than the Halloween version.

I don't think I've ever experience the full moon version so I look forward to checking it out. I'm not even sure what the difference is, to be honest, besides probably not getting all the Halloween candies and trick or treat stuff and I guess no Tako?
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knazzir wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever experience the full moon version so I look forward to checking it out. I'm not even sure what the difference is, to be honest, besides probably not getting all the Halloween candies and trick or treat stuff and I guess no Tako?

That is correct. I believe during the full moon version, we dont fight Takofanes himself, rather his deathlords I think? Halloween version, we actually fight him. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deathlords indeed.

And if you get top of the scoreboard you get a Zombie Foxbat action figure too, if I remember right.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    That is correct. I believe during the full moon version, we dont fight Takofanes himself, rather his deathlords I think? Halloween version, we actually fight him. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    Deathlords indeed.

And if you get top of the scoreboard you get a Zombie Foxbat action figure too, if I remember right.

Thanks for the clarifications.
  • xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trailturtle, I just want to say thank you for doing the best you can with what you are offered. Your continued dedication is truly inspiring.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While i'm happy bloodmoon is finally on again, i do find it odd to do this in the middle of a current event, or is that over now? I thought it only just began..

The only reason i believe you so far that nighthawk and even mega d will be back is because you say it will, if anyone else did i'd probably be cursing them out now that they are a liar, though as to how long it will take... that's my main concern :(

From what i was hearing, isn't the only issue with mega d event due to team up button? might want to consider removing it, i can not imagine it ever gets used anyway because open missions are done by people who don't need it. and those would would are always in alerts.

While i'm here, any chance you can return to the AF's thread? pretty please? :(
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    While i'm happy bloodmoon is finally on again, i do find it odd to do this in the middle of a current event, or is that over now? I thought it only just began...

I'm guessing that there was some sort of delay in the next step of the event, though there hasn't been any official comment. Trailturtle hinted that it's going to continue soon. I suspect we'll see the next phase go to PTS next week, and Live on the 23rd if there's nothing broken. But that's just my guess.
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    I hope they will like this event. This is the the only one Cryptic can create and go live without major bugs before take it back. :biggrin:

Ok .. maybe not a "major" bug .. but i remember when we finally got crafting tables on Monster Isle (when we actually had a crafting system) and then we got Bloodmoon and the crafting tables were gone. And it took quite some time until the finally came back.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The novelty of this event wore thin after my second or third attendance over a year ago.

I'm tired of map hopping just to find out the obsessive farmers have reset ALL the cooldowns of the bosses I'm trying to get an item from for my personal fun.

And in the low chance I do manage to find a boss who's untriggered, I solo all the zombie mobs only for someone who has been lurking nearby doing nothing to help to jump in and outscore me with some kind of trick build when I get the boss out.

That's why I pretty much ignore this event when it comes around, because it's always the same and I'm tired of it.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know who failed on the "fullmoon" Since full moon isn't until NEXT WEEKEND. Ya know... if you go by the real calender which it was before it went away.

I honestly hope to god that it's only for the weekend and it doesn't come back every month for a weekend. I would probably quit if it did. I don't mean that as threat, but I honestly can't stand bloodmoon and will spend the weekend in my hideout to have DAYLIGHT happen.

Also someone find Tacoface's phylactery and destroy it.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good grief...

Criticism where it is needed, praise when it is deserved.

I for one PRAISE Cryptic for bring back this event on occasion. I don't really care about the Forum Malvanum event if it's just more vehicle sales pitch crap. At least Blood Moon focused on your actually champion, was a ton of open missions with zombies invading, a change of sky scenery, has some interesting werewolf v. hunter PvP, and even a tie in with the Vibora Bay Apocalypse.

I look forward to this event, and farming it a bit for devices that have become so expensive (i.e.: Nimbus of Force & Archer's Memory). Even hoping to get a few Center of Gravity and Raidon's Revenge for the killer combo.

tilarta wrote: »
    The novelty of this event wore thin after my second or third attendance over a year ago.

I'm tired of map hopping just to find out the obsessive farmers have reset ALL the cooldowns of the bosses I'm trying to get an item from for my personal fun.

And in the low chance I do manage to find a boss who's untriggered, I solo all the zombie mobs only for someone who has been lurking nearby doing nothing to help to jump in and outscore me with some kind of trick build when I get the boss out.

That's why I pretty much ignore this event when it comes around, because it's always the same and I'm tired of it.

For you maybe, not others. In fact I'll be in it partly because it's nostalgic for me, farming Nimbus is where I got my start to making some "wealth" in this game.
  • z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    the zombies are coming... they are coming for YOU! xD

Noooooes not da zombies!!! Haaaalp me I needs a hero! (and daylight)
  • nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH NO i wanted to fight takofanes..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't forget, since the last Bloodmoon (Halloween), device drops no longer depend on your score/rating.

Everyone that meaningfully participates (any score at all) has an equal chance at getting a special reward drop.

Heck, you can farm the Bloodmoon bosses simply by showing up, hitting the boss at a range with several good attacks, and then waiting for the fight to end. You still can get your drop that way.

At Halloween, I got a Will of the Tiger, a Nimbus of Force, and an Archer's Memory using this method.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The devices have always randomly dropped off the lesser bosses.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    z0dii wrote: »
    I want to know who failed on the "fullmoon" Since full moon isn't until NEXT WEEKEND. Ya know... if you go by the real calender which it was before it went away.

Star Trek Online's Legacy of Romulus launches on the 21st if I remember correctly. Given past networking issues, it's probably for the best to do this event early.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    Star Trek Online's Legacy of Romulus launches on the 21st if I remember correctly. Given past networking issues, it's probably for the best to do this event early.
    Given that the last major crash was possibly due to the fact that STO had an Open Beta weekend for LoR at the same time as NW had a Double Astral Diamond weekend, I concur - let's do the Blood Moon before LoR hits live... :eek:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been loving it. Five or so gate bosses and two device drops already. It's always been a favorite event of mine.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »

CALIGA .... wrong???

Somebody CHAT BAN that man!!

Yeah, I went there.:tongue:

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited May 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I HATE those farmers and their pointless farming builds but its still fun to beat up zombies and such for the special titles.

As for the titles and perks, I got all of those by the second Bloodmoon.

So there's not really much I do in Bloodmoon anymore.

Also, the reason why I like to do it alone is fighting one of these bosses is the only reasonable challenge in the game.

I know I've got a good build if the character can take on a horde of zombies and the boss alone without dying!

That's mostly what I'm doing, testing it to see if it's a good build or not.

But having some leecher farmer jump in for the boss fight invalidates the test.

I'm really thinking they should move those events inside the portal, so you can go and do it by yourself and not have to worry about somebody messing up the test.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the place you got no longer mattered for your rewards in Blood Moon related missions?

If that's not so, then anyone who doesn't have implosion drives or whatever on their bikes and tanks are screwed.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're getting this now instead of during the real full moon probably because the next event comes up right after. They might be testing to see if events switch over to other events smoothly.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I requested this, so thanks trail
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great!Great! PERCEPTION SECONDARIES!!

Where the heck them gooooooo !? Nooooooo
    edited May 2013
    gansetseg wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the place you got no longer mattered for your rewards in Blood Moon related missions?

If that is the case, participation is all that would be required.

However, what people fail to consider is that you only get a chance at the reward if the boss is able to be summoned.

Like I said earlier, hopping around maps to get a boss to fight is an impractical exercise if they're all on cooldown!

No boss to fight, no chance at reward!

And that's what the loot leechers are doing, racing around the map as fast as possible killing every boss there is, then moving to the next map to repeat it.

Which is why I think the bosses should be moved inside the instance, that way, a group of inconsiderate players can't ruin the event for those of us who are trying to get the items for fun.

• lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013

However, what people fail to consider is that you only get a chance at the reward if the boss is able to be summoned.

Like I said earlier, hopping around maps to get a boss to fight is an impractical exercise if they're all on cooldown!

And that's what the loot leechers are doing, racing around the map as fast as possible killing every boss there is, then moving to the next map to repeat it.

Which is why I think the bosses should be moved inside the instance, that way, a group of inconsiderate players can't ruin the event for those of us who are trying to get the items for fun.

Or the precious devices could be in the crypt, in the undead hero's sarcophage. With the cooldown of the mission, it would be necessary to 'farm' the instance with many characters, not only the one design for it... :rolleyes:
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I'm not complaining here, I'm just asking to find out if it's just my account...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the BM Perks? I can't seem to get Perks for defeating Firefight, Crusher, Radon, Eclipse, Johnny Hercules, Flechette II or Vanguard.

Also, I'm about halfway to DeadReckoner, should I keep going or is that Perk bug as well?

Again, not complaining, because bugs happen, I just want info. Thanks.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I'm not complaining here, I'm just asking to find out if it's just my account...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the BM Perks? I can't seem to get Perks for defeating Firefight, Crusher, Radon, Eclipse, Johnny Hercules, Flechette II or Vanguard.

Also, I'm about halfway to DeadReckoner, should I keep going or is that Perk bug as well?

I got perks for Nimbus and Goblin last night.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I had difficulty getting the perks on my tank. I believe you have to score at least 100,000 to receive credit, but you can get around it by teaming. As for Dead Reckoner, it should be working. If you aren't already, try entering crypts until you find one of those patches of earth that zombies will endlessly climb out of. Speeds farming up considerably!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iow - I have to do a lot more damage. Good news, I guess.

Thanks guys. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What you can't see the timer on the screen that tells you when the boss pops again? Do the math and you'll know when to be there in time for the next appearance. :rolleyes:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad