test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You get to make one little change...

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
Everyone suggest one simple change. Something that, most likely, would take very little developer time. Something like 'make X costume piece available in dull/shiny, not just metal'. Now, I don't know how to gauge how much work this would take, but I'm trying here.

Mine... this has been annoying the hell out of me for some time...

THIS:

3uz1n.jpg

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/w/images/3/38/Modern_Conventional_SMG_Pistol_2.png

Just make it a pistol. It's not long enough to be an SMG, and the animation is comical. You don't have to remove it from SMG's, just make it 'also a pistol'. I can give a few decent reasons:

1- It's similar to the Two-Gun mojo icon.
2- It's small enough.
3- You can strap two to your thigh, why not wield two at once?

If you MUST have a variation of this in SMG's, just add a de-collapsed stock and a supressor.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2013
    I'd add all SMG skins to AR power selection and all AR skins to SMG burst power selection.

Modern SMG and AR are often used in similar way, it would make much more sense for munition toons to carry only one weapon with them.

We already have one model like like that, the Thompson SMG (can be used with AR and SMG powers) and it works great.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add rewards to Alerts that make them rewarding for level 40 characters. Currently SMASHES offer nothing at all to characters who do not need XP. BURSTS have a similar problem in that R3 mods are of little value to max level characters who can get them more readily in the open world. The resource gain from GRABS, in the face of in game inflation, is similarly unrewarding at max level.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could just as easily make it so all similar weapons work for all similar powers. If they would do that to just one piece they might as well do it for the rest.

My simple change would be to alter the body mass slider of the female tailor so percentage based on bar is matched with the male tailor sliders. That way fat female toons would be possible. Its been requested to death by a long winded thread in the suggestion forum.
    ashensnow wrote: »
    The resource gain from GRABS, in the face of in game inflation, is similarly unrewarding at max level.

A question completely unrelated to the thread, but how did the unlocks and device prices in AH go from just 1k to 2k for the rarest before On Alert change to 5k to 10k? Its baffling how it changed overnight.
  • Options
    mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add rewards to Alerts that make them rewarding for level 40 characters. Currently SMASHES offer nothing at all to characters who do not need XP. BURSTS have a similar problem in that R3 mods are of little value to max level characters who can get them more readily in the open world. The resource gain from GRABS, in the face of in game inflation, is similarly unrewarding at max level.

I'll drink to that, let smashes award resources instead (still less than a grab, to not make them worthless) and R5-6 mods from bursts. You still need 625 R5 mods to make R9, assuming every single fusion is successful...
    edited May 2013
    musher wrote: »
    assuming every single fusion is successful...

And that you got the exact same kind of mod to drop.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get rid of Acclaim.

Make Heroes Games award Q, even a small amount.

The games would come storming back.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add all the short gloves to the long gloves list.

Allow Pre-Roin'esh weapon hands to be used on both hands too.
  • Options
    wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AD A TEAM MULTIPLIER TO THE DIFFICULTY SETTING SO I CAN HAVE FUN SOLOING CONTENT! If I could just set, say, UNITY missions to Elite x 5 (as in, set for a 5 Hero team), I could actually enjoy soloing them at 40 with gear. I might even die if I fall asleep!

So easy, yet SO much improvement to the existing game content... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

PS- I don't even care if the rewards scale. I just want missions that are hard enough to be fun. Keep the rewards the same or reduce them, see if I care!
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Change the F/X of Brimstone so that the Weapon rather than the Handle hits the ground.
    2) Add further Difficulty options with a chance to drop Cosmetic and Flavour items, or even Q. Rewards worth getting but still would not make the content Easy. Lets casual players play casual and obsessed psychopaths ( I mean that in a GOOD way, honestly:wink: ) can have a nail biting nightmare of a game.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take all those costume pieces that have extra "bits" sticking out of them, like how the samurai shoulder pads and bracers have that "fin piece", and add a variant that doesn't have them. Another example would be to offer the Hi-Pan helmet without the horns on the side, or offer the gladiator bracers from the newest Malvan race without the spikes...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove the player driven chat-ban system.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    brokenrivalrybrokenrivalry Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One change, eh? Well, I'd do what (generic other online MMO) did. Make another server, remove both of the updates PWE made (lol geddit both), and just leave it to pre on-alert, with old crafting, legacy costume pieces etc. etc. There. Everyone is happy except people who want vehicles in the form of devices.

In-Game Handle: @Narfball ...Who wants to talk to me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know those missions?
    The ones that start something like:
    "Supperdood!! You need to infect 10,000 Qular with this Mutant Strain of Radio-Active Moose Pox!! Or the Earth shall be Destroyed!!"
    Well, you could remove the cooldown on the Moose Pox injector.
    Taking and extra 10-20 seconds for each of those injections doesn't add flavour or difficulty to the mission unless there is another challenge than waiting out a short timer.
    That is just annoying.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    akselmoiakselmoi Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get rid of Acclaim.

Make Heroes Games award Q, even a small amount.

The games would come storming back.

Thousand times this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    You know those missions?
    The ones that start something like:
    "Supperdood!! You need to infect 10,000 Qular with this Mutant Strain of Radio-Active Moose Pox!! Or the Earth shall be Destroyed!!"
    Well, you could remove the cooldown on the Moose Pox injector.
    Taking and extra 10-20 seconds for each of those injections doesn't add flavour or difficulty to the mission unless there is another challenge than waiting out a short timer.
    That is just annoying.

Oh god yes please!

I hate just standing around looking even stupider <sic> than I normally do as I want for the hypo to recycle.

Make them at most 5 seconds.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Removing that cooldown padding in this game would ensure you finish the mission in time to do something meaningful with your character like progressing and leveling it up.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get Rid Of Acclaim.

Make Heroes Games Award Q, Even A Small Amount.

The Games Would Come Storming Back.

Do It Nao!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove the player driven chat-ban system.

This. Period.

Either that or just 'give more development time to CO and NOW'.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Transfer Tacoboy back to CO.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my one thing

sell the game to a more capable and organized studio
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    This times 1000
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That this game gets a focused direction. It needs someone with a good vision who will stick with it for years.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matixzon wrote: »

Quoted for truth. Been saying this since he left (which was when everything good in CO, STOPPED instantly...and for good since)

again like Lemurian invasion... GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!! and GIVE HIM BACK!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PICK ANY ONE! WHEE!

- Get back to making costume packs again for the ZStore (I miss these so much)
    - Get back to making powersets again for the ZStore (Spines/More Pets/Telepathy FIXED/ETC)
    - Fix/Flesh out the nemi system (It's an awesome addition, but feels unfinished. Let our nemi attack us on the street, make more triggerable missions with them)
    - Fix the gajillion bugs that are there that are easy fixes
    - Make skins for vehicles are cosmetic changes WE CONTROL for them
    - Make vehicles we actually asked for like motorcycles, animals and cars
    - Get the foundry working with CO
    edited May 2013
    PICK ANY ONE! WHEE!

- Get back to making costume packs again for the ZStore (I miss these so much)
    - Get back to making powersets again for the ZStore (Spines/More Pets/Telepathy FIXED/ETC)
    - Fix/Flesh out the nemi system (It's an awesome addition, but feels unfinished. Let our nemi attack us on the street, make more triggerable missions with them)
    - Fix the gajillion bugs that are there that are easy fixes
    - Make skins for vehicles are cosmetic changes WE CONTROL for them
    - Make vehicles we actually asked for like motorcycles, animals and cars
    - Get the foundry working with CO

This is pretty much what was needed for years.

It seems like this game should have gotten to the point by now where we could have been worried about what would be next after the moon zone, rather than worried about why nothing added to the game ever works. If anything gets added at all.