test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, give me the server runtimes and data, ill host it myself.

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
You obviously cannot handle NW STO and CO on one server, especially when the stability of NW IS halting all other games.

Run it by my email address with all dns and forwarding information, and ill host.

I'll save you a tonne of money.
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great idea dude we have than not again this problems
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Private servers would be so fun.

ChampionsCraft!
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Better yet, opensource the Champion Engine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It already was pointless, the damages to their name have been catastrophic in the non-asian world. Its cost them more than its worth.
    Better yet, opensource the Champion Engine!

Normally id disagree, but at this stage and state of Champions...yeah, right now this would be a great idea.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normally id disagree, but at this stage and state of Champions...yeah, right now this would be a great idea.

We'd need all the dev tools and stuff too. Not that this has any chance of ever happening...
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It already was pointless, the damages to their name have been catastrophic in the non-asian world. Its cost them more than its worth.

You're right, Neverwinter is a ghost town. No, wait - you're wrong.

Some will say anything no matter how untrue, just to hurt the ones they hate. So sad. :frown:

Oh, and anyone who believes that handing the reins of this game over to you is a good idea is out of their ever-loving mind.
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    You're right, Neverwinter is a ghost town. No, wait - you're wrong.

Some will say anything no matter how untrue, just to hurt the ones they hate. So sad. :frown:

Oh, and anyone who believes that handing the reins of this game over to you is a good idea is out of their ever-loving mind.

Have to disagree.. Snake would do an AWESOME job. And and the very least better than what we have now.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yogid0nnie wrote: »
    Have to disagree.. Snake would do an AWESOME job. And and the very least better than what we have now.

Its very easy to prove that. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine and whatever Havoc has got are all free game engines.

The man can just develop and host his own game and do it better.

Easy peasy.
  • isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know we love ya Snakey, but if you were in charge of CO then one day you might just rage and delete us all. :biggrin:
  • xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since clearly no one is on the job, give me access to the costume creator data and I'll fix every flippin' issues people have been complaining about for the past 3 years or so, FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE. Eliminating costume restrictions, giving every material options, fixing textures/broken pieces and so on... I'll do it, I swear I'll do it.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    -snip-

This.

I know some people are desperate for something new to happen with the game but to think that Snake is the answer to making that happen is lunacy.

I'd rather see EA take over the game before handing it off to him.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snake, have you ever thought about joining The Phoenix Project?
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This.

I know some people are desperate for something new to happen with the game but to think that Snake is the answer to making that happen is lunacy.

Then I would say you don't know Snake.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm better off that way.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited May 2013
    isometry wrote: »
    You know we love ya Snakey, but if you were in charge of CO then one day you might just rage and delete us all. :biggrin:
    Never, even if i dislike someone, i have no mind to do such a thing.
    Snake, have you ever thought about joining The Phoenix Project?
    Whats that?
    I'm better off that way.
    You never tried to know me, you just judged beforehand, an unfortunate bandwagon a lot here dont get.

Yes because im really worse than EA. I think you should put your aluminium cap back on to prevent more brainwaves being read and scrambled by the FBI.

That's a pretty strong opinion you have on someone you do not know.

I'm not asking you to like me either, i gave up on that with the bandwagoning. Regardless of your opinion on me, i could sort out hosting, i/and the people i know could easy balance the game, i know plenty of people who specialize in other areas of the game, like tailoring for example.

I look the resources that can easily be available and game knowledge and i know, it's well within capability to happen. Take Isometry for example, he got to know me, i got to know him, we know what to do to fix this.

Putting a team together would be cake.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You never tried to know me, you just judged beforehand, an unfortunate bandwagon a lot here dont get.

Can I judge you? After all, you insulted me in an Alert and then deliberately forced it to fail this morning, just because I stepped back from the boss for a moment to avoid dying to the AoEs it was spamming.
    Can I judge you? After all, you insulted me in an Alert and then deliberately forced it to fail this morning, just because I stepped back from the boss for a moment to avoid dying to the AoEs it was spamming.

You stood back and didnt do anything, thus i said "im not solo-ing this for you" and walked away.

Justice hurts but it is correct, nobody likes a leecher, and there were 3 in that alert leeching, no way was i feeding the fish, to put it metaphorically.

You were not insulted in any way, so dont go twisting it your way just to make yourself look innocent.
    I do not support or condone leeching.
    edited May 2013
    You stood back and didnt do anything, thus i said "im not solo-ing this for you" and walked away.

Justice hurts but it is correct, nobody likes a leecher, and there were 3 in that alert leeching, no way was i feeding the fish, to put it metaphorically.

You were not insulted in any way, so dont go twisting it your way just to make yourself look innocent.

I was in the boss' face the whole fight, regardless of the fact that two had left early in it (Which means that the only way there could be three "leechers" is if you count yourself). I have no self heal, and my heal devices were on cooldown, so I stepped back to let my regen start up again, and the next thing I knew, you were running all over the map like an idiot. When I tried to get back into the fight, I couldn't. I only saw your comment AFTER the alert was over.

I don't leech. Ever. Even when I bring a lowbie in - as I admit I did that time - I always participate to the best of my ability. Implying that I was there to leech IS an insult - and you didn't even attempt to imply it this time; you outright said it.

Oh, and "walked away"? Bull. You created a situation in which completion was impossible. You could have just left, and allowed those of us who remained to continue in our attempt. Instead, you griefed those of us who were actually attempting to complete it.

If you don't want people to think that you're a jerk, don't act like one, and don't talk like one. People don't need to interact with you to make an accurate judgement; watching how you handle yourself in a public environment is quite good enough.
    ladies, ladies, theres enough of me to go around for everybody
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's easy to say that one can handle it after most of the work has already been done.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited May 2013
    I was in the boss' face the whole fight

I read that and stopped reading the whole post from there because none of it could be taken seriously, because i wish i recorded it to show people you standing still until AFTER i called you out.

I literally have to go to recording length, and i do often, to prove a point, and i do so where others say they will and dont.

I take CO very seriously. To the pin-point facts, and show you.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... Because I totally want somebody that would more than likely fly off the handle when somebody does something they don't like to do this job.

I don't doubt you have the skills necessary to do this job, but I do doubt your character quite a bit after this poor show. I think I'd prefer somebody to have a more level head when faced with something like this rather than reacting as you are now.
    edited May 2013
    I do what's right, sorry im not a computer. I happen to be able to smile and have an opinion.
    Like Eruptions Damage-immune attribute should have been removed long ago.

Like i say, you can bandwagon all you want, i dont really care, i care about CO, im not here to judge people, as others get to judge me quite blindly and without trying to find out otherwise for themselves. Im tired of nothing happening on here...but i still love CO, i cant stop and wont stop until i pierce through.
    edited May 2013
    because i wish i recorded it to show people you standing still until AFTER i called you out.

As I said in the part you didn't read: I didn't see you "call me out" until after the alert was over. I don't waste time with chat when I'm busy fighting. The timing may have been coincidental; I have no idea.

Unless you were "calling out" the other guy who stayed in the alert, who I saw standing back and shooting the whole time. But if that was the case, you'd be even more of a moron than I currently think.

Of course, you've already demonstrated that you can't even count to three without making a mistake, so, there's that...
    How many judgements is that?

You don't know me, you havent tried to. Thats all i have to say.

+5 Paragon 419UMnV-ruL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do what's right, sorry im not a computer. I happen to be able to smile and have an opinion.
    Like Eruptions Damage-immune attribute should have been removed long ago.

Like i say, you can bandwagon all you want, i dont really care, i care about CO, im not here to judge people, as others get to judge me quite blindly and without trying to find out otherwise for themselves. Im tired of nothing happening on here...but i still love CO, i cant stop and wont stop until i pierce through.

I'm not asking for perfection. What I'm asking for is somebody impartial enough to make a sound judgement on matters that require them and somebody I could depend on not to fly off the handle like this. I'm not bandwagoning, I'm telling you that you need to grow up a little bit before you decide you want to take on a project like this.
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even flying off the handle. This is nothing. *palms*

Im quite serious about the whole thing.
    edited May 2013
    Why would I want to try to? You've already demonstrated what sort of person you are: The type that I prefer not to associate with. And now I'm going to do my blood pressure a favor, and treat you like that sort of person. Goodbye.
    Heh, you've had your opinion. You're unhappy i caught you leeching i get that, but then reacting badly when you're found out shows everyone your own character. Still im not one to judge, i'll let other people do that.

My demonstrations are evidential.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I do not support or condone leeching.

I am gonna have say I think you are mistaken ive ran plenty of alerts that Bunny man has appeared in and he has NEVER leached.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, guys... has it occurred that this could all be a genuine misunderstanding? Anyway, I believe they have fixed the server issue already.

The bigger issue is when will they create some solid content? Even if snake can host, I am not sure if he can create new content seeing how the devs they have seem to break something every time they want to introduce something new. I just have a feeling the codes and the system were not built with sufficient consideration for major expansion.

It is getting a tad worrying when even the forum activities start to dwindle. If the management are willing to repackage and reintro the game with a bang I am sure they can get some renewed interest. For a 3 year old game, this game has some of the best systems be it the freeform or costume creator. You do not find anything like them in any other games and these are what is retaining the existing players despite the slow. Give it a new shot of life. Do some marketing. Jazz up the game. Change the name, re-texture the maps etc.

If you (management) are willing to get the rights to bring in D&D and Star Trek, why not Marvel and DC. Can't you tell from the cinematic success that there is a huge potential in the superhero genre. However, with DCUO and MO both so new it will be hard to convince either to allow CO to get rights to the IP.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Project Phoenix is the CoH revival project.

I highly doubt Cryptic will give their runtimes at the drop of a hat.

That stuff usually happens after a game closes, if at all.

That said, if the CO engine really is behind other Cryptic games, it has a better chance of being released when/if it closes. But that's like raising 0.1% to 0.2%.

Also, I've been clearing my Steam backlog lately. Earth 2160 is pretty fun.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well on the plus side. At least the useless bickering will get this equally useless "look at me" topic locked quicker then normal around here.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snake:

You have a passion for the game, have gone through lengths to understand the game mechanics and its problems, and want nothing more than to see things improve like the rest of us. Given the benefit of the doubt, your intentions in wanting to host the server and possibly fix issues that Cryptic can't be bothered with are good and it's commendable.

All of that can't be faulted, but you and I both know the reason why people give you such a hard time of late, and it's unfortunate that it has damaged your credibility. That particular event and nothing else. It's also unfortunate that people are remembered more for the bad than good, and that's just human nature. I can name two people right away who deserve way more hate than you because of being consistent jerks toward the community. It's a good thing they never post here any more, or at least very rarely so.

I recommend making a genuine public apology for that certain event.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not sure this will be a pressing issue in a month or so. new game smell and al.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ahahahaha this guy thinks he can see into PWE's accounting computers. AHAHAHAHA
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even flying off the handle. This is nothing. *palms*

Im quite serious about the whole thing.

If -this- (the alert argument) is what you take "seriously", I've got to impartially agree with the people who say that you shouldn't be in charge of a project like this. You seem to be a bit too... "precision-oriented" for the demands of a high-pressure situation where things change rapidly. But I'm only basing this on your reaction here, so it's a very small sample size. You might want to lay off the coffee or something? :redface:
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh, you've had your opinion. You're unhappy i caught you leeching i get that, but then reacting badly when you're found out shows everyone your own character. Still im not one to judge, i'll let other people do that.

My demonstrations are evidential.

^^^ This, for instance, paints you as a delusional paranoid. I'm sure you are not that, and probably a generally nice person. But, like, you sound like you're in a movie-script, and not a very good one.
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Snake:

You have a passion for the game, have gone through lengths to understand the game mechanics and its problems, and want nothing more than to see things improve like the rest of us. Given the benefit of the doubt, your intentions in wanting to host the server and possibly fix issues that Cryptic can't be bothered with are good and it's commendable.

All of that can't be faulted, but you and I both know the reason why people give you such a hard time of late, and it's unfortunate that it has damaged your credibility. That particular event and nothing else. It's also unfortunate that people are remembered more for the bad than good, and that's just human nature. I can name two people right away who deserve way more hate than you because of being consistent jerks toward the community. It's a good thing they never post here any more, or at least very rarely so.

I recommend making a genuine public apology for that certain event.

This pretty much reflects my sentiment as well. You managed to actually alienate a good chunk of people who had nothing against you.

You gave someone a response of "I stopped reading after this line" but I'm feeling more and more inclined to not read anything from you, just because it's from you. That's how much you've run your credibility into the ground.

You can use "You don't know me or made an effort to know me" as your retort, and that is true for many people, but I don't make an effort to know a lot of CO friends I have better. Yet I've decided to keep interacting with them and to value or respect their input, because they're pretty aware that in an age where you are actively connected and exposed to more people than it should be healthy, that limited time is where you need to present yourself. (Especially since people are more inclined to remember the bad instead of the good, as Jenny said.)

I've told people that all my direct interactions with you were pleasant and that you were more than helpful during that time (and completely different than how you may appear on the forums) and that is something I still stand by. I wasn't the only one, and you made an idiot out of these people recently because you lacked any miniscule of tact and regard.

That's how you present yourself, and maybe you're right with your facts and statements, but being right doesn't mean people will listen to you or respect your opinion. And not everyone wants to know you better. Not because of your behavior, but because people aren't actually able to spend enough time with you to get to know you. That's why we differentiate friends from acquaintances or pals or bros.

Some people are likely judging you as a person based on your statements, but at this point, I'm guessing most people are not judging whether you are a good or bad person, but just judging your exhibited behavior.

I don't think Jenny is right that you need to make a public apology, especially since this community is quite aversive towards promises being made. If you want people to treat you with respect, just start treating others with respect, even when they don't deserve it.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This.

Hm .. after all i know of him the first thing to happen is give all Mobs HP x 100 and Damage x 20 or whatever, just to make it moar "challenging". So .. no thx :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Flame thread is locked. While I understand that there was frustration over the recent outages, that frustration should never turn into backbiting and strife between players.
This discussion has been closed.