test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for old (CoX folks) and NEW friends.

dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Introductions
Looking for old (CoX folks) and NEW friends.

Hello folks! Some of you might remember me as Dinah Might from City of Heroes. I was primarily found on the Champion Server, and spent time on the Virtue Server as well. I was (at one point or another) involved with the "Fight Club", "Tanker Tuesday", and the "Forum Friends Night".

I have been hoping to reconnect with folks that I knew in City of Heroes. Unfortunately, many of the players I have played with refused to come to this game. I, however, can live without my superhero fix! If you knew me from there, or even just recognize me from there, please contact me.

Also, I'd love to meet new people! I'm friendly, mature, and creative (and like long walks on the beach... Just kidding) and would be a great addition to your friends list. I was here from the beginning, played Beta, and even bought a lifetime membership (however CoX was my first love and did not dedicate time to this game) . I am looking forward to meeting people, so feel free to message me in game!

The reason for this request is that despite a few friends, I don't really know anyone in this game. I went from having a full friends list, down to close to 5 people. I like the game, but without social interaction it just is not the same.

I have been attempting to "Make my mark" in the game, and on the forums. I have started a small ambitious project where I am creating a "Character a Day". I?m not playing those characters, but I thought it might be a neat way to introduce myself.
Unfortunately my time in game is limited, and as such I have had little time to search for people or make friendships. I can be contacted at @Dinah_Might in game, or dinahmightcoh on the forums. Lastly I can be contacted at dinahmight@cogeco.ca.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Dinah
Post edited by dinahmightcoh on

Comments

• whtperegrinewhtperegrine Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    howdy dina! just wandered in here myself as I started to get that superhero itch once again since the servers closed on COH (a sad day indeed). I definately recognize you and although not sure you would remember me as we didn't converse all that often.

anyways, just thought I would say hi..."hi!" :)

still unsure whether I will be joining the active realm of CO but thought I would swing by here for a bit to get a feel for the community. definately miss my friends from the COH and the art forum there. ah well, so it goes I suppose.

annnywho, was good to see a name I recognized. be safe out there. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synsensynsen Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there, the names both sound familiar, I was from The Freedom/Virtue/Guradian servers for the whole lifespan of CoH myself. Been playing CO off and on but when CoH's time was cut too short, well here I am, I'm @metalphantom here. If you need any help or just some CoH familiarity, hit me up! Take care!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mr Playskool (yes, that guy)

Known ingame on Virtue as Brou, of course.

I've seen you at one of the Cape Radio shows, I think.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    howdy dina! just wandered in here myself as I started to get that superhero itch once again since the servers closed on COH (a sad day indeed). I definately recognize you and although not sure you would remember me as we didn't converse all that often.

anyways, just thought I would say hi..."hi!" :)

still unsure whether I will be joining the active realm of CO but thought I would swing by here for a bit to get a feel for the community. definately miss my friends from the COH and the art forum there. ah well, so it goes I suppose.

annnywho, was good to see a name I recognized. be safe out there. :)

Of Course I remember you!
  • flynxthejinxflynxthejinx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I subscribed to CoX for almost its entire existence, though I stopped playing occasionally towards the end. I think I ran across you and a few of your friends a few times in virtue, but never really had the opportunity to hit it off. I tended to main controller variants.

At any rate, if you would like to befriend a reimagined version of the first serious controller I made, look up Flynx@engrishteacher. I am a newbie to CO who tried it but didn't get into it because of CoX. Another friend I made convinced me to try it again and I have been pleasantly surprised. See you around the city I hope. :)
  • flamingintern1flamingintern1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Decided to jump in with both feet, played CoH/V since a day after it's launch til the bitter end. Absolutely no idea what I'm doing in game, but got FI remade. :cool:
  • coh4lifecoh4life Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hiya Dinah!

Im sure your world is nearly complete now that I am here!! :)
    [SIGPIC]"8 years.... what a ride. Until the next missions my friends"[/SIGPIC]
  • killobot5000killobot5000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Killobot 5000 checking in.

Same one from CoX's old Infinity and Freedom servers.
    I was one of the core members of The Tribal Alliance over on Freedom and an on again/off again member of the Repeat Offenders Network.
    Also pvp a bit of PvP in CoX on the hero ladder with Stateman's Watch (which was later re-named toIntegrity) and on the Villain's ladder with The Unjustice League.
    Hung out in the PWNZ section on the forums a lot.
    My old PC died a long time ago and I never got around to replacing it until recently, and just found out maybe about a week or 2 back that CoX is no longer around so I ended up downloading the Co client last night to get my super-hero fix.
    Will be giving this game a shot tonight when I get in from work.
    Probably somewhere around 5ish Eastern time.
    If anyone sees me in game feel free to shoot me a message. :D
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nepht from virtue. Known as Nephtys@nepht here its good to see all you heroes name yourself hear making a list so I can friend yew all and NOT in any way fire my moon mounted RAY OF SLIGHT PERIL! at yew.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • whtperegrinewhtperegrine Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Of Course I remember you!

hurrah! figured I would bit the bullet given the game is free and try it out. downloading path at this time. figure I would give her another go and see what they changed since beta. perhaps I'll see ya runnin around sometime. :)

be safe, be a hero! (interesting in theory but "safe" and "hero" rarely mix...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esteraxesterax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi we don't know each other but I played CoX from 2006 until server shut down :frown:.
    I played on Defiant server (Defiant till I die) as Flush empathy/power healer. Skinz Ma/Regen scrapper. Blush WS & Spectra Phantom Ill/Kin troller (mostly but had too many alt's).

I havnt played this game much yet mainly because I don't have the time (family/work) etc.
    Im in the process of testing alt builds and costume looks while learning to play the early parts of the game, so far I like it but it is much different to CoX this is going to take some getting used to lol.

I loved CoX so much not for the game but for the community tbh I don't think there will be another game like it as a community based mmo, I almost cried when the servers went down :redface:.

Maybe cya in game sometime, until then bb 4 now...
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I played... What, from 2007-09?

Was on Freedom, then Virtue. On freedom, I was green. On virtue, I became blue.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was there since Going Rogue (Allowed me to buy the game on Steam, therefore bypass the latin american regional block on the ncstore) till the very end

@Baronesa in game and I was from the always awesome VIRTUE server! :)

I was:

Condor Azul: First Martial arts/Shield scrapper, latter changed to Street Justice/Shield scrapper
    Violet Darkmoor: Dark/Dark Defender
    Psychic Silk: Fortunata build
    Cazadora Esmeralda: Archery/devices blaster
    Anemona: Staff Fighting/Willpower Brute

among others, but those were the most used
  • slapperfishslapperfish Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (deleted)
    Post edited by slapperfish on
  • doctordisarraydoctordisarray Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    howdy!

i am an old CoX player as well! some of you may have remembered me as the Adaman Avenger on CoH or Doctor Disarray on CoV. I am mucho interested in connecting with new friends and playing with some folks who are not so uber advanced, so that we can sort of stop and smell the roses and enjoy progressing through the game. i am NOT interested in the solo grind that so many CO players seem fond of.

good to see so many of us CoX folks are still around!
  • kittyotixkittyotix Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ex Virtue and Union player here (@emi black) , long term player of CO too, but one that is getting really fed up with all the server downtime.
  • neutralknowledgeneutralknowledge Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't mind me, I'm just testing out the forums! :biggrin:
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I played CoH from 2006 through 2011 before heading over here. I was on the Protector Server, my primary was Big'Red (same as here), mains were Juicy'Fruit, Obsida NIH (Warshade), Alurra and Quantum Multiplicity (with about 30 more alts).

I was a regular TF junkie, ran several Monster Killing Tours, and could be found on most RTR (Rush The Rikti) Raids.

I also ran the Knights of Tomorrow SG, and co-hosted many Costume Contests, assisted lowbies with leveling and generally had a blast.

Anybody from Coh (and especially from from those old days on Protector) is more than welcome to hit me up: borg1of9 is in-game, and I am most often on either Big'Red or Juicy'Fruit - the Champions versions.:biggrin:
  • randomhero8randomhero8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey hows it going guys? Long time COX player, pretty much from launch till about month before the game shut down due to work sending me on a "mandatory vacation" around the world for 8 months. Back now and patching up champions trying to find a new home. Wayyyyy back in the day I was on Freedom as Eclipse a member of the Mega Corps and Forever men sg's. Bulk of my time after that was spent on Virtue as Caelius Starbreaker. Since I spent a good deal of time chilling out in Atlas if there is anyone out there who knows me or remembers seeing me or anything in between, looking forward to seeing you guys in game and hopefully finding a long sought for home after the collapse of my old universe.
  • rgh2013rgh2013 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Dinah,

Bob the Bruiser from Freedom server here, you may or may not know me. You may know me from the tanker forum where I believe i was Sherlockiama [possibly Sherlockho]. Anyway i found my way here recently because my brother [Lady Sera from Freedom] came here and thought it was fun. I am enjoying myself so far even if it isn't quite the same as CoH/CoV.

Sherlockiama
    most charcters here are Bob the 'something'
    Bob the Bruiser reborn here as a Behemoth.
  • evillegacy1evillegacy1 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome aboard. Have fun saving the world.
  • enigmasbackenigmasback Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This CoX refugee finally found himself in Champions. I've only been playing for a day or so and am still trying to grasp how things work in this universe. There's so much to learn, my first hour was overwhelming to say the least. I'll look for some CoX related chat channels later tonight.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Victory from 2006 until the end. Been here since closed beta Jan. 2009. Global on CoX was @Cricket. So many times did I get tells from people who mistook me for the forum red name by Cricket.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This CoX refugee finally found himself in Champions. I've only been playing for a day or so and am still trying to grasp how things work in this universe. There's so much to learn, my first hour was overwhelming to say the least. I'll look for some CoX related chat channels later tonight.

Here's a small list of things that might make your acclimation to CO easier.

http://www.cox-supergroups.com/guides/a-co-newbie-tip-list-for-coh-vets/
  • silentsn1persilentsn1per Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello!
    I'm from CoX as well, started playing in 2007 until NCsoft decided to be greedy ****s and close it.

I played Silent-Sniper on virtue if anyone knows me, (49) I'm also just starting in this game.
  • enigmasbackenigmasback Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a small list of things that might make your acclimation to CO easier.

http://www.cox-supergroups.com/guides/a-co-newbie-tip-list-for-coh-vets/

Thanks for the link! It will come in handy for sure!
  • clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sup fellow Paragon refugees.

Claws and Effect here. ClawsandEffect on the forums and @Claws and Effect in game.

The superhero bug wouldn't let me be, so I decided to check out what CoH's prodigal brother has been up to.

See y'all in game once I get a chance to play.

Edit: I played CoH from November of 2005 until the very second the servers went dark.
  • formtri108formtri108 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hi, wish to try to be ally?
    --

Dragonfly Algorithm (IT Blog): http://dragonfly-algorithm.blogspot.com/
    Mental Dragonfly (promo blog): http://mentaldragonfly.blogspot.com/
    Chea's Journal (RP Blog): http://cheajournal.blogspot.com/
    deviantART: http://neo-mahakala-108.deviantart.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • formtri108formtri108 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and this is my signature (testing).
    --

Dragonfly Algorithm (IT Blog): http://dragonfly-algorithm.blogspot.com/
    Mental Dragonfly (promo blog): http://mentaldragonfly.blogspot.com/
    Chea's Journal (RP Blog): http://cheajournal.blogspot.com/
    deviantART: http://neo-mahakala-108.deviantart.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there! Can't believe I missed this thread for so long!

I played COH from Oct 2004 (Borrowed account during the first week of the month - got my own account just in time to jump in during first Halloween event! :D ) until literally when the servers shut down the final time.

Started on Justice server until 2006, when I pretty much migrated permanently over to Virtue.

I don't know if we ever met in-game or not back then, but the name Dinah Might does sound familiar!

My main characters were Cyberman 8, Kara Skye, Sassinak, and Lily the Diamond, all of whom have counterparts set up over here.

I did try to set up as much help as I could do in getting people used to the quirks in THIS game, because I knew many fellow COHers would be heading over here.

To that end, I got some templates set up with the help of Bluhman and some others that should help COHers get a handle on the proportions sliders and help them recreate COX proportions as closely as possible for their characters.

Original thread here on these boards and Consolidated thread over at the Titan forums.

My handle in-game is @aariny and I'm also found over in Star Trek Online both Fed and KDF sides as well as a new Rom character I've recently been working on.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Posted in a COH thread elsewhere in the forum but might as well post here. Zamuel from Victory server though I had characters on all of them. More known for doing stuff with Mission Architect and running pug Abandoned Sewer Trials.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • lordkreidianlordkreidian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Caios, of Virtue, if you remember. Played from CoH Beta till it shut down.
  • bitloader#0640 bitloader Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe anyone has seen one of my many toons around on the Union server. But most of you probably won't know me.
    Friends called me Jewely, enemies...usually didn't get a chance to say my name. :tongue:

After the shutdown I stopped with MMO's and focussed on single player games for a while. Mainly the Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games.
    I've only recently created an account in CO and used Gemstone's concept to start an Inferno type character with the same name. I prefer ranged attacks over melee and since I couldn't create an En/En blaster type, this came closest to my preference. She's nearing level 10 and I'm having fun.
    I know some of my 1-AT / LLOD friends are here as well since we maintained contact through the LLOD forums. Unfortunately I haven't run into any of them yet. Mostly because of timezone differences and free time to play.

If you happen to see Gemstone hovering around in Millennium City, don't hesitate to say hi! :smile:
    Roster: Gemstone (L7; the Inferno)
    former CoH veteran
  • theimpiousimptheimpiousimp Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shadow-Reaper from Virtue here.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hiya all. I'll start off by saying I never played CoX, but I know it was dearly loved by those of you who did. Welcome! I'd be glad to make new friends in-game and hang out with any and all of ya! My @handle is in my sig if you ever wanna look me up! Here's a list of my chars and if you ever see any of them running around feel free to chat me up. :3

Dingo (or alternate Dingoes... .Dingo. and -Dingo- because I'm so creative, hurr.)
    Razorback (or alternate build Razor)
    Equinox (or alternate build Margaeliann)
    Cassady
    Tierial
    Xenon
    Ignatia Severnae
    Zanna Duskmane

Most of the time I'm on as either main Dingo, main Razorback, or main Equinox. Don't be shy! :smile:
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • morpheus07morpheus07 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate to admit this, but I don't remember my CoX toons names. I played on the rp server whose name also escapes me. You may have have figured out by now I have rl memory issues, but I still have my sense of humor :smile:

I just started playing CO a few days ago through Steam, and would love to make some new friends if possible to run about with.

Have fun and hope to see ya soon.

GT = morpheus07
  • maxymus585maxymus585 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played CoH back in 2008 for a few months. I played a Space Marine homage named Commander Maxymus! Don't remember what server though, for some reason Virtue is in my mind?

Now I am Citizen 13@maxymus on CO
  • boopea13boopea13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello Friends, Viking Queen here.......7+ year CoH veteran player from Champion Server. You may remember me from the guilds I helped manage Protectors of Neverland, Stryke Force, and the Earthguard. or perhaps you might remember me from the several Global Chat Channels I helped manage, and liked to run my big mouth in. I still play here and still make great costumes for my girl toons. Hoping I meet some friendly folks in game, thanks all.
  • clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morpheus07 wrote: »
    I hate to admit this, but I don't remember my CoX toons names. I played on the rp server whose name also escapes me. You may have have figured out by now I have rl memory issues, but I still have my sense of humor :smile:

I just started playing CO a few days ago through Steam, and would love to make some new friends if possible to run about with.

Have fun and hope to see ya soon.

GT = morpheus07

Virtue was most likely the server you played on. It was the unofficial RP server, and had a higher percentage of RPers than any 3 other servers combined.

I'd be happy to run with you, but I play very sporadically, my in-game global is @Clawedone. (That should be read as "Clawed One")
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kittyanon wrote: »
    Hiya all. I'll start off by saying I never played CoX, but I know it was dearly loved by those of you who did. Welcome! I'd be glad to make new friends in-game and hang out with any and all of ya! My @handle is in my sig if you ever wanna look me up! Here's a list of my chars and if you ever see any of them running around feel free to chat me up. :3

Dingo (or alternate Dingoes... .Dingo. and -Dingo- because I'm so creative, hurr.)
    Razorback (or alternate build Razor)
    Equinox (or alternate build Margaeliann)
    Cassady
    Tierial
    Xenon
    Ignatia Severnae
    Zanna Duskmane

Most of the time I'm on as either main Dingo, main Razorback, or main Equinox. Don't be shy! :smile:

I don't know why but when I read this post I read it in THIS voice.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    I don't know why but when I read this post I read it in THIS voice.

LOL. It's funny, I'm from Texas and people always expect me to have that accent.

Except I'm pretty sure that's Numbah Five's voice actor from Kids Next Door.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • kittyotixkittyotix Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *waves to all ex CoX people*
    old global @emi_black,
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My handle in CoX was the same as the one I'm using here. I played on Virtue for a year from 2008 until just before CO launched in Sept '09. I regularly chatted in the VU (Virtue Universe) global channel as well, namely VU2008 and VU2009 (they changed the channel name yearly).

Some of the characters I've played:
    Pyro-Wasp (later renamed to Nova Wasp)
    Nova Wasp MK2
    Dynamic Rebel
    Cassie Bionic
    Kabuki

If anyone remembers me from that period, feel free to say hi :wink:
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was @Rune there, and @Rune here also.

CoX character names I played and RPed on the most [On Virtue] were;

Night Stranger
    Knight of Swords
    Truine Mode
    Faery Fyre
    Dwarfstar
    Lost Kitten
    Wings of Freedom
    Hyperfusion
    Runecraft [I wanted Rune, but of course it was taken by a player who capped at 50 in the first month and then abandoned the game, never to return nor respond to my email requests for a name trade.]

And many many more on Virtue, plus a "Rune." with the period on it on Guardian Server, a member of the excellent Galaxy Guardians homage to Green Lantern Corp SG.
  • nwk109nwk109 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I was @Silas on CoH, I remember you from the forums Dinah. I also played on Champion.

Just got this the other day, still fairly lost and getting used to it but seems pretty cool so far.
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I remember you!

I miss everyone from CoX.

Unfortunately, I haven't really found anyone to play with in this game.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I remember you!

I miss everyone from CoX.

Unfortunately, I haven't really found anyone to play with in this game.

Can't let this go on, shoot me an in-game Email or PM, email will reach me even if I'm not logged in, and we can get together sometime.. maybe you would like my guild.

@Rune
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't seen you on the CoX Chat channel.

type /channel_join CoX in chat

There's more people in the CoX channel than the LFG channel.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hiya Dinah! o/