test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crytic: Show some decency and explain this:

Comments

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jean Grey representing the devs? But our dev team is still breathing.

You show no proof of our dev team's alive status. But Jean Grey is indeed alive.. #MarvelNOW .. I mean.. #TelepathyNOW
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    You show no proof of our dev team's alive status. But Jean Grey is indeed alive.. #MarvelNOW .. I mean.. #TelepathyNOW

Yeah and its the young jean grey from the past when she was a teenager.

And no, it actually is an interesting story. It's not as bad as it sounds. :D

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    Can you guys go discuss CoH on a CoH forum, please?

That's not what was done, here. Discussions involving comparisons to other games don't seem to bother people here as much as when CoH is mentioned. Really, it's the only standard by which CO can be measured, since Cryptic still has members who worked on it. Never mind all the similarities.

What it boils down to is this: Cryptic owns the rights to the Champions IP free and clear. No outside influence is forcing them to keep the content fresh. Now, I can't fault anyone here who pays for a sub. I pay for a month now and then. As long as players are paying for the monetized aspects of the game, nothing is going to change. Maybe some actual action has to be taken, instead of whining to empty air. Civil disobedience gets results, if done correctly.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that somebody is complaining about a Rampage alert not being done for the villian contest when most of the player base ridiculed and lambasted the devs for choosing those two as the grand prize winners?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People, back me up on this. Let's get their attention.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that somebody is complaining about a Rampage alert not being done for the villian contest when most of the player base ridiculed and lambasted the devs for choosing those two as the grand prize winners?
    You're missing the point in your little flame-attempt here.

The point is, someone's entry was chosen, and they have yet to implement that entry into the game without so much as a peep. It doesn't matter what these are or what they look like.

It's about holding someone to what they said they were doing for the players, not about 'dur-hurr, it sux lawl'.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluhman wrote: »

A good idea, but said thread won't survive on the boards, even on the Off Topic section. Expect it to be deleted by morning.

Random: I'm floored that my sig still exists on the boards over there and STO:
    - Disgruntled 1000+ day Champions Online subscriber.
    - GIVE US OUR DEVS BACK!

And I do have to say that I'm...disappointed in the lack of, well, anything as far as CO goes. Such potential overall and instead over the last year and change...we've gotten such jack and squat.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, until I saw this thread I actually considered buying lifetime next month, but even such a dedicated fan as myself can only take so much.

Not implementing lairs because they're broken and attempt to fix them ruins them entirely? Then start freakin' over, I think we have given you more than enough money to justify putting a little bloody effort into your creation!

37665795.jpg
    37665766.jpg
    37665812.jpg
    37665784.jpg

I can go on for bloody hours, but the damn thing won't allow me to put more than 4 images in. Another bug of yours, Cryptic?

Why is it that anytime a comparison is made to CoH, someone whines and cries that we should not name that game.

Maybe you missed the point of the post?

It is quite simple.

Compare the amount of updates the game was getting to what we have here, and then tell Cryptic that just HALF of that dedication could improve this game.

Maybe you don't want this game to improve?
    Or maybe you feel threatened for using THAT specific game as a comparison point?
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    musher wrote: »
    I can go on for bloody hours, but the damn thing won't allow me to put more than 4 images in. Another bug of yours, Cryptic?

Nope. Working as intended. For real, this time. :tongue:
    edited May 2013

Maybe you're missing the point of not bringing a wrench to a swordfight? You might get a few lucky strikes in, but, you know...you'll soon be cut down.
    bluhman wrote: »

You should also be sure to post a link to that in its own thread on the CO forums.
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We're discussing CO on a CO forum, not CoH. Specifically, we're discussing the fact that CO is updating with major permanent content less often than a GAME THAT IS DEAD AND GONE.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you're missing the point of not bringing a wrench to a swordfight? You might get a few lucky strikes in, but, you know...you'll soon be cut down.

You're using the wrong wrench.

WRENCH.jpg
    Once again people are forcing me into an off-topic argument...fine, I'll indulge you.

Even with this wrench my statement is valid, a sword is much more mobile than a wrench of this size. Even assuming one can't block or parry it with a sword, you can avoid the attack and counter faster than the wrench user can recover. Now can we get back on topic? This is getting ridiculous.
    Once again people are forcing me into an off-topic argument...fine, I'll indulge you.

Even with this wrench my statement is valid, a sword is much more mobile than a wrench of this size. Even assuming one can't block or parry it with a sword, you can avoid the attack and counter faster than the wrench user can recover. Now can we get back on topic? This is getting ridiculous.

Once again, a forum user takes the bait.

Ah, I love the internet. It is the best breeding ground for red herrings.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2013
    You know, I'm really tempted to comment on that, but I'm not gonna. Oh, wait a second...
    Tee hee hee.

:D

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Why? Its still a better game than CO and its closed down

1. That's subjective.

2. because this is a CO forum, not a forum for past CoH players commiserate about their failed game.
    edited May 2013
    Why is it that anytime a comparison is made to CoH, someone whines and cries that we should not name that game.

It is quite simple.

Compare the amount of updates the game was getting to what we have here, and then tell Cryptic that just HALF of that dedication could improve this game.

Maybe you don't want this game to improve?
    Or maybe you feel threatened for using THAT specific game as a comparison point?

Because we know about the comparisons, making the same comparison over and over again is redundant and irrelevant. It accomplishes nothing. It is proving nothing. I'm sorry your favorite game got shut down (I even played CoH myself for awhile, and yes, it was a fun game) but bringing it up on forum for a different (albeit somewhat similar) game is aggravating. We all know the arguments, we don't need to rehash them in every single thread.

You have a forum for your CoH circlejerks, go do it there.
    edited May 2013
    jayleia1 wrote: »
    We're discussing CO on a CO forum, not CoH. Specifically, we're discussing the fact that CO is updating with major permanent content less often than a GAME THAT IS DEAD AND GONE.

herpderp it also had a few years on CoH, obviously its going to have more content. Nobody knows better than we, the people who have been playing CO for years, how badly mistreated this game is. This isn't about wanting to improve CO, it's for you people to ***** and moan that CO isn't CoH. It's tiresome.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    herpderp it also had a few years on CoH, obviously its going to have more content. Nobody knows better than we, the people who have been playing CO for years, how badly mistreated this game is. This isn't about wanting to improve CO, it's for you people to ***** and moan that CO isn't CoH. It's tiresome.

The only thing tiresome around here is the incessant ******** and moaning about everyone else ******** and moaning every time CoH gets brought up.

How about you stop trying to be divisive every time CoH gets mentioned? That will start the ball rolling in the right direction right there.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited May 2013
    The only thing tiresome around here is the incessant ******** and moaning about everyone else ******** and moaning regardless of the subject.

How about you stop trying to be divisive every time CoH gets mentioned? That will start the ball rolling in the right direction right there.

This is the only time I've even mentioned it.

"divisive"? or did you mean derisive? Neither of which being the case, but whatever.

let me quote myself for you, since reading the entirety of a thread is apparently not your forte.
    Because we know about the comparisons, making the same comparison over and over again is redundant and irrelevant. It accomplishes nothing. It is proving nothing. I'm sorry your favorite game got shut down (I even played CoH myself for awhile, and yes, it was a fun game) but bringing it up on forum for a different (albeit somewhat similar) game is aggravating. We all know the arguments, we don't need to rehash them in every single thread.
    edited May 2013
    di vi sive
    /diˈvīsiv/
    Adjective
    Tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.

I'm pretty sure I used the right word. Responding with crap like "herpderp" and telling people to go to other forums for their "circlejerks" is divisive and inflammatory.

Don't like people mentioning City of Heroes over here? Tough. Send your complaints up the chain and stop derailing.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited May 2013
    di vi sive
    /diˈvīsiv/
    Adjective
    Tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.

I'm pretty sure I used the right word. Responding with crap like "herpderp" and telling people to go to other forums for their "circlejerks" is divisive and inflammatory.

Don't like people mentioning City of Heroes over here? Tough. Send your complaints up the chain and stop derailing.

Or maybe you're being divisive by making the same arguments over and over again and frustrating many people on these boards? Maybe you want to look up the word hypocrite while you're at it?

I don't have a "tendency" as I mentioned, this is the first time I've brought it up. In fact, you people are doing more to fuel the hostility than I am.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Holy **** man TT is alright he fights our corner >_>

Here's the thing, TT is a good guy, and he is in our corner, but that doesn't mean anything. I hate to say it, but he's about as powerless as we are.

What's worse is for TT, Cryptic/PWE has made his word meaningless. It has no substance. He could promise the server would be live tomorrow and it would hold about as much weight as if he said we were doubling our content. He might believe it truly in his deepest heart, but that doesn't mean Cryptic is going to back any of it.
    somebob wrote: »
    Random: I'm floored that my sig still exists on the boards over there and STO:
    - Disgruntled 1000+ day Champions Online subscriber.
    - GIVE US OUR DEVS BACK!

It's because every time they see it they laugh. It's a joke, nothing more.

You have a forum for your CoH circlejerks, go do it there.

Based on that logic there's no reason to talk about CO either.

And for the record, I played CoH and loved it years ago, but I believe that CO is hands down a better game by far, without even a trace of comparison to the point I would play an utterly failing CO before going back to CoX, but that being said, CoX still managed to outperform CO with, at one point, less resources to a startling degree, and if you don't see how that's relevant to the discussion about where and how CO is failing then why even bother reading this thread? You don't want to read about CoX? Don't. You apparently didn't read the comparisons with NW, STO and DCUO which have been brought up over and over to the point of irrelevance and redundancy, so use those same powers of perception when you see CoX.
    edited May 2013
    I did read those arguments and they were perfectly valid, being games developed by the same company and are still under the same banner. Sure, CoH was Jack's brain child, but Cryptic has moved on and NCsoft dev team (not sure what their studio was called) did a lot more for CoH than Crytpic ever did.
    edited May 2013
    Jack of Blades (Fable), Handsome Jack, Jack Frost, Jack Fool...you know, every time you mention Jack here it creeps me out and makes me want to throw him into a bioreactor, and I don't even know the guy.
    You know, as long as we're onto this CoH tangent anyway, I have a confession to make.

I played CoH. I didn't like it. Cooldowns on everything, making a toon whose gimmick was lightning but at low levels (which was as far as I got) I had to spend most of my time punching, the level design - I'd played CO previously, and I got back to it as fast as I could and never looked back.

So, the claim that "CoH was a better game" is clearly highly subjective.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't let them get you down, slumpy. Around here you have to pull up your big-boy jackboots and get in step or you become the whipping boy of the thread.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, don't fall for sarcasm masquerading as advice, or vice versa.

• rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know, as long as we're onto this CoH tangent anyway, I have a confession to make.

I played CoH. I didn't like it. Cooldowns on everything, making a toon whose gimmick was lightning but at low levels (which was as far as I got) I had to spend most of my time punching, the level design - I'd played CO previously, and I got back to it as fast as I could and never looked back.

not the claim made, what was said was this game would have been better had it received updates of the quality of coh.that was what was said. we have done the coh/co argument to death and nobody really wants to see that nonsense again, but even the most blind co defender should, reasonably, concede that co's history of updates has been terrifically disappointing in comparison to coh. one new zone, a very small number of new power frameworks, 4 ok additions of content that were about the size of the old ssa's that we had in between issues on coh. co has disappointed on what i consider the only real positive of an mmo, the continued addition of new content.
    edited May 2013
    I did read those arguments and they were perfectly valid, being games developed by the same company and are still under the same banner. Sure, CoH was Jack's brain child, but Cryptic has moved on and NCsoft dev team (not sure what their studio was called) did a lot more for CoH than Crytpic ever did.
    and i am compelled to point out that if you think coh was jacks brainchild, you haven't read the arguments. jack was a late game replacement for rick dakan.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

You apparently didn't read the comparisons with NW, STO and DCUO which have been brought up over and over to the point of irrelevance and redundancy, so use those same powers of perception when you see CoX.

Except DCUO is not... yet you don't cry and moan when that one is mentioned...

And could also bring Everquest... STILL getting updates... now if you want tot turn it into comparing game mechanics, start your own thread... if you want to compare the amount of updates and quality of said updates? well... then ALL games are valid comparison, and CoH happened to have a lot of quality ones on the last years.

Though luck
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CoH is fair to compare to. I also agree that I did not find it better, except for the love and attention of devs.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, if it was better and received so much love and updates, why did it die? And why at the same time CO keeps on living? On emergency life support, but still living, with a faint chance of recovery even?
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, if it was better and received so much love and updates, why did it die? And why at the same time CO keeps on living? On emergency life support, but still living, with a faint chance of recovery even?

You're asking a questions that nobody can really answer and have been asked a million times already.
    edited May 2013
    You're asking a questions that nobody can really answer and have been asked a million times already.

Well, in that case: PWE, if you manage to bring down CO I will personally come for you and drag you to the deepest pits of hell to burn for all eternity. Or maybe I'll just hire Kratos to do that for me, extra brutality will be a nice touch in this case.

Yes CDs on everything, different type of mechanic catering to entirely different types of people. My brute could have conversations while hammering away in most content, my toughest character in CO has to wait for even the smallest fight to end before saying hi to anyone...I hate that. I play games to have fun, not mash buttons until I'm sore.

The level design...better in CO? EVERY MISSION IN CO, INCLUDING ICE CAVES IS MADE WITH RIGHT ANGLES...but that's entirely beside the subject.

But as far as the quality and quantity of stories, City blows CO out of the water. (BUT THEY HAD 8 YEARS! But they did more in one of their issues that they released multiple times per year than CO has done in several years).

As far as dev/community interaction, City was among the best in any game I've experienced. Honest, direct, prompt, open...all utterly unknown in CO devs, not only in City forums (last post by a dev here was months ago), but in other forums as well, conventions, etc.

Even if I were to grant you that, CO is a better Superhero MMO, or had better game mechanics, or that it were better technologically, you can't deny that as far as content additions, storylines or community interaction, City is the undeniable winner.
    edited May 2013

No idea why this game is still alive and City isn't. Though it seems clear that stupidity plays a part on both sides.

This game isn't on life support, its a Necromancer's pet...what powers CO's shambling unlife? I'm guessing lockboxes and people with more money than brains.

It's been like that since, what, On Alert? City has more of a chance of recovering than CO. (Though if it recovers, it will be a game inspired by City, not City itself)
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jayleia1 wrote: »
    Yes CDs on everything, different type of mechanic catering to entirely different types of people. My brute could have conversations while hammering away in most content, my toughest character in CO has to wait for even the smallest fight to end before saying hi to anyone...I hate that. I play games to have fun, not mash buttons until I'm sore.

The level design...better in CO? EVERY MISSION IN CO, INCLUDING ICE CAVES IS MADE WITH RIGHT ANGLES...but that's entirely beside the subject.

But as far as the quality and quantity of stories, City blows CO out of the water. (BUT THEY HAD 8 YEARS! But they did more in one of their issues that they released multiple times per year than CO has done in several years).

As far as dev/community interaction, City was among the best in any game I've experienced. Honest, direct, prompt, open...all utterly unknown in CO devs, not only in City forums (last post by a dev here was months ago), but in other forums as well, conventions, etc.

Even if I were to grant you that, CO is a better Superhero MMO, or had better game mechanics, or that it were better technologically, you can't deny that as far as content additions, storylines or community interaction, City is the undeniable winner.

All that says CoX had better Devs, which I think is pretty fair to say even if we actually had some. But the mechanics etc are what make the game. Except, yeah, our level design could use some work.

ETA: What powers this game is that Cryptic owns the property and it doesn't require much to keep it going since its all hand-me-down from STO and NW, while the more stubborn of us continue to give them money, and the newer folks have a "whole game" left to explore.
    edited May 2013
    ncsoft closes games. plus co nearly was closed down, atari was unloading it, had not pwi swooped in and bought them, co would have closed months before coh. basically atari is a more reasonable publisher than ncsoft is. one reason i will play tera, but gw2, blade and soul and wildstar can burn in hell.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, guys.

If we're going to try to get their attention on the stuff they've promised and failed, and the broken content, can we not go on about co vs cox again? Off topic in this thread, a detailed and bullet pointed list of lies we were told about any further development on *this active game who's forum we're currently using*, is detrimental to the cause. You say "I'm comparing", and I say "well, stop, and support the fact that the ball was dropped on *this* game. You're derailing, and it's not helping". I don't give a wet flaming S#!t which game was better, in this context. How good CoX had it. Which game is better or worse. What any other game got or may be getting.

I care that years in, I still fall out of the sky when using teleport. I care that we've gotten a few lists of flat out falsehoods in which just about nothing we were told came to fruition. I care that a year after on alert, we still don't have the costume pieces they *took from us* in the form of weapon replacers, and pvp literally has like 8 pieces of gear. I care that a power set was pushed to test, *we got to play with it*, then taken away with a hand wave and no further explanation. I care that some people got such a bad case of blue balls from that, that they're still trying to copulate with the forum in the hopes that they get some release. I care that old content is being marginalized and still has broken drops from before on alert even happened. I care that we're losing multiple year veteran players as a result.

As a CO player, regardless of what you think about CoX and it's superiority to the game we're playing now, so should you.

Put simply and directly, can we get this back on track? This is important and if it degenerates to the usual co/cox circle jerk, it's probably gonna get closed.

Focus. Please? We've already gotten enough *directly from the source* that's cause to say "what the hell?" without having to point to different mmos. I'm actually positive that we'll get a better response with that method, as well, as long as we're respectful.

I fully expect someone's gonna flame me for saying this, but it had to be said.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people would be happy to focus and not go off on all those other tangents if there was any evidence it mattered.

As it is, we're just all amusing ourselves.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

All that says CoX had better Devs, which I think is pretty fair to say even if we actually had some. But the mechanics etc are what make the game. Except, yeah, our level design could use some work.

I agree, to some extent, a totally broken game with cool devs is still a broken game...CO is both broken in some important places and has no dev team. City was functional and with an active dev team.

CO has some ideas that I REALLY like (Nemesis system, their sidekicking system, fixed mission levels (at least for some missions), freeforms in principle). But due to a variety of reasons, I highly preferred City.
    edited May 2013
    Put simply and directly, can we get this back on track?

Yes, I think we should, and let me add to the things said:

- Why can't I use skull/skull with neck along with collars?
    - Why can I combine ALL neck pieces with chest pieces using any of the robotic arm options, but can't combine them normally?
    - Why can't I use special capes (Nightwak's, UNTIL, VIPER, Destroid and so on) with anything other than a plain cape (without a chest piece), and why is it limited to cloth material only?
    - Why can't I set Warlord's/Mechassassin's hand as an emanating point for my munition/gadgeteering attacks?
    - Why can't I use long glove for one arm and short glove+bracer for another?
    - Why can't I scale shoulders and arm parts separately?
    - Why vehicles are so damn pitiful? They have no use whatsoever except on low levels when you yourself are still weak, or for faster travel.
    - Why do we have serious bugs stalking us for months?
    - Why serious events that should have a major impact on the whole story are come-and-go?
    - Why do they send TT to put out THEIR fires and take the heat for it?
    - Why Perfect World Entertainment is nowhere near perfect?
    . You're derailing, and it's not helping". I don't give a wet flaming S#!t which game was better, in this context. How good CoX had it. Which game is better or worse. What any other game got or may be getting..

no flaming at all, the whole coh/co straw-man was introduced by jon, before that the POINT we were making is that co has underperformed on updates relative to its competition, nothing at all about which game was better, merely that co needs love and should have developed along the past 4 years into a fully featured mmo, rather than a game with immense promise and little follow through. its cool that TT will come in sporadically and tell us that the game isnt closing, but what we would far rather know is will this game ever get significant development again, or is this the maintainence mode mmo that they keep alive to generate key sales for nwn and sto, the games they are actively developing.
    - Why do they send TT to put out THEIR fires and take the heat for it?
    actually that answer is easy, he is a community manager, that is his job. some theory in the gaming industry is that only the cm should interact with the community and devs should not, to avoid slip ups. I'm not a fan of that theory.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    no flaming at all, the whole coh/co straw-man was introduced by jon...
    Ahem. I suggest you review the postings that came before mine - including at least one plea to get the thread back on track because it was becoming another "oh, how I miss CoX, it was so much cooler"fest.

My sin was disagreeing with that concept. I know, that makes me a heretic and a pariah. It's okay, I'm used to it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    Actually that answer is easy, he is a community manager, that is his job. some theory in the gaming industry is that only the cm should interact with the community and devs should not, to avoid slip ups. I'm not a fan of that theory.

Also, I will point out that a big part of the reason they have TT do it, is because he is good at his job. Yes we would all prefer if actual devs talked to us or gave us info, but the last few times Cryptic tried that the comments were a massive slew of hate and complaints about everything other than what was brought up. TrailTurtle is basically like duct tape. He can hold together almost anything and do a whole hell of a lot of stuff you never expected, and it's pretty much impossible to find anyone who doesn't like him.
    My sin was disagreeing with that concept. I know, that makes me a heretic and a pariah. It's okay, I'm used to it.

Reminds me of this wonderful quote.
  • theomnikrontheomnikron Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I would like to see more of is the same monthly ask cryptic threads. It was nice to see the generic questions answered but would like to see some of the other questions that were ignored answered.