test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic: I'll pay $$$$

ricorosebudricorosebud Posts: 11 Arc User
I'll PAY you! $60 as soon as:

Hudson City expansion hits! It needs to include Foundry. We need some end-game content. You would really impress me and make me a big fan and supporter again if you could revamp/expand the Nemesis system while you are at it. It's the moment of truth. LoR is getting ready to hit and NWO is out the door.

PLEASE give Champions the love and attention shown to the other games. It deserves it.
Superheroes are a hot property in movies and pop culture right now. Red hot. More popular than they have ever been. I sincerely believe you are sitting on quite a bit of profit here and just don't know it/how to handle it.

Give this game an expansion and advertise this puppy. You have a unique corner of the market here. Your main competition is not half as fun as this game. This has the best character creation tools in any game I have ever played.

SO MUCH POTENTIAL. PASSIONATE PLAYER BASE.

Cash in. I will pay you. (I betcha others will too) Hold me to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ricorosebud on

Comments

• honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snake Wildlife agree's (that doesnt mean everyone else now has to disagree)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snake Wildlife agree's (that doesnt mean everyone else now has to disagree)

Lets agree to disagree :D

Nah JKN aside I do agree..or do I? @_@"

Nah I agree :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes

I would pay $60 for a new expansion, in addition to keep my monthly subscription going. Which is due for renewal soon and I'm not sure if I want to...

Ah, who am I kidding, I will keep subbing.

** grumble **

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've threatened them with money before!
    biffsig.jpg
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still hold that players should not pay for skills or content. Change the monetization model and then everyone will pay you. Force players to pay for the individuality we enjoy in a "Pay to Customize" model.

Desperation is exploitable. Diehards will be mad and pay anyway. If they are willing to put up with what you've put them through so far you can get them to pay for ANYTHING. Take FULL advantage of that desperation and look at long term growth. Paying for content is too much of a short term gain and subject to the content being received unfavorably. Thus, the gain gets much lower over time.
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't think that will work. I've given them $10 a week, or $520, for the last year plus (it is probably more) via C-store purchases hoping that would help spur this lagging train on. No dice. However, yeah I would spend $60 bucks for Hudson City, some content to fill it, and the foundry. So... /signed.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that monetizing content is generally a bad idea.

But at this point, bad ideas would be a step up.

Although in this instance... yeah, ok, it's a bad idea -- how many people are going to eat $60 to come back and see if the new stuff is worth it?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new zone would be nice. I might pay for it.

I would definitely pay for the Foundry, though I don't think it would be all that fair, since STO and NWO get it free.

Furthermore, my girlfriend is currently a Silver player, and spends $5-10 once every month or two. She's said before that she'd gladly sub, and even consider a Lifetime Sum, if the Foundry were in the game.

C'mon, Cryptic. Prove that you don't really hate our money.
    Furthermore, my girlfriend is currently a Silver player, and spends $5-10 once every month or two. She's said before that she'd gladly sub, and even consider a Lifetime Sum, if the Foundry were in the game.

I've said this many times. While my trust has eroded a lot, if Cryptic added Foundry to CO even remotely like what they have in NW, and signs looked good (IE: the game wasn't falling apart even more), I'd go lifetime (as soon as I could sweet-talk my wife sufficiently)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have over $60 in game already just sitting there, doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. because there is nothing i want in champions right now and theres no sign of any thing worth while coming down the pipe anytime soon.

To be honest i would rather transfer it to a game that wasnt dead but sadly buying points doesn't let me use them between the two games like it used too. For the most part i would glad put money back into this game for things like costume sets (that weren't attached to vehicles or lock boxes), new power sets, weapon styles or power visuals.

If they put in half the effort to this game that STO and NW are getting, that would be worth something there, but since all we're getting is broken events and reskins, its not really worth it right now and i would like to transfer my zen before they close the game down.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying for day 1 expansion is a prick idea. And I think its been long enough that its no longer day 1. ;)

Also STO is getting one when they don't need it. Aren't you supposed to add content to an ongoing game if sales start to drop from the lack thereof?

I think enough people have paid for there to be one. I mean CO's profits aren't going into keeping the game live since its all on the same servers as STO and NWO. I think there's been enough profit from the past year of no permanent updates.

Or is adding new permanent content not possible anymore?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell Jack that i got a can of beans for him.
    MagicBean.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ideally I wouldn't spend dough on the expansion that we should get either. But I can already hear the company pushback line that doing what I propose would cost them. So I headed the argument off at the pass. Do the work Cryptic, I'll pay you for it.

It's not a question of whether or not we should have to pay. It's a question of, if they came through, WOULD you? $$$$ is the only way I see to grab attention and get the train rolling, because we all know the bottom line speaks loudest.

What if: Kickstarter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will pay another LTS account worth if they do not just come up with a static zone because soon enough it will lose its initial hype. We need a zone which is constantly morphing, enemies which change, locations which change. It can even be a piecemeal meshed up area with parts from jungles, cities, lost civilizations, futuristic settings etc. The layout changes every 12 hours or so etc, and missions not completed will be lost but new missions (randomly generated) will also be available. Buildings, trees, rock formations etc can change locations. Random supervillains, legendary and cosmics will spawn randomly and engage players. Note, this is meant for end game like a war world, kind of like in Secret Wars II. There will be no holds bar, players' powers will affect one another even though they are not fighting each other or even in a team to increase the difficulty and challenge. Missions do not need to be too complex. It could be defeat X number of mobs or hunt down X numbers of supervillains scattered across the map (players have to find) and when one is killed another will randomly spawn on the map. There could also be a lair full of traps with the entrance somewhere on the map which players have to find (either by finding clues or defeating supervillains). The lair could be a simple dungeon with walls that will randomly rearrange every time. Texture of the wall can change to be different environment. The final boss can be any of the Cosmics and the fight can always teleport players to an area with no boundaries etc kind of like dimensional space.

Subsequently, if any addition is needed, it can just be segments and piecemeal.
    edited May 2013
    What if: Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is for new projects. An existing company can use them to start up a new project, but not to fund an existing one. I suspect that it would be a violation of Kickstarter's terms and conditions to use it to fund the Foundry.
    We've threatened them with money before!

Correct.

Myself, Ravenforce, and HeroicSinger all spent substantial money back in September to reward them for telepathy. This was not just a threat but indeed a promise.

$500 myself
    $300 by Ravenforce and
    $250 by HeroicSinger

a $60 bribe? not enough
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Correct.

Myself, Ravenforce, and HeroicSinger all spent substantial money back in September to reward them for telepathy. This was not just a threat but indeed a promise.

$500 myself
    $300 by Ravenforce and
    $250 by HeroicSinger

a $60 bribe? not enough

I was just being silly with my wordings, but yeah. I've spent quite a bit on this game as well, and would easily do so again, especially if they did a Foundry, especially now that I've gotten a taste of it.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Correct.

$500 myself
    $300 by Ravenforce and
    $250 by HeroicSinger

a $60 bribe? not enough

Check out this post I made elsewhere:
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Irony: Lifetime Membership accounts cost at least $300.
    The Labor Department reports that software developers made a median salary of $89,280 in 2011
    Source: http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/software-developer

Assuming that Cryptic's developers are "average", and work 50 40-hour weeks per year, they get $44.64/hour. That means that your $300 LTS pays for 6.7 hours of time from ONE dev.

Your $1050, assuming it was all sent to pay devs to work on Telepathy, paid for just under 24 hours of work. From ONE dev, not the whole team.
    Your $1050, assuming it was all sent to pay devs to work on Telepathy, paid for just under 24 hours of work. From ONE dev, not the whole team.

More than enough to finish the work on telepathy.
    edited May 2013
    Check out this post I made elsewhere:

Keep in mind that the telepathy thing was the work of one, maybe two developers at the time.

These developers were yoinked from Champions and put into other games (crush definitely went to Neverwinter, not actually sure where Splosions went).

Given the time, I think they would have finished the job. I think they could have done it in less than one work week. Probably not enough time to put it through QA, but let's be honest here... :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Correct.

$500 myself
    $300 by Ravenforce and
    $250 by HeroicSinger

a $60 bribe? not enough

$60 is the price of a brand spanking new video game. So that's why that number. I didn't just pluck it out of thin air. That's the price I will pay. $500 is insanity.

Asking $60 for a WoW quality/quantity type expansion (thought they only charge like $40) is a reasonable compromise rather than demanding it for free. The bean counters need to feel like the risk of putting the effort into such an endeavor will pay off. Yes, STO gets a free expansion, but they are certainly expecting that folks will buy stuff playing it. This is a business.

I want (and hoping that the Champs community will join with me) to assure them that if they build it we will come. With money. No risk Mr. Bean-Counter!! Make it happen, I (we?) will buy it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bean counter for a living.. so please know that I AM counting the beans.

but even if 100% of the remaining player base pays $50 still not even $50K.

I've been following the $ since year one. Nothing short of a rebrand, reboot and re-launch will bring back old players.

I could not reccommend investment on temporary development when there is a much greater need and such little Return on Investment.

Players return when systems are updated. Specifically crafting systems and combat systems.

While content helps players STAY it has historically not been successful to bring characters in.

Until the population is replenished, ALL development has too great a cost.

I've broken my plan into three parts:

1) Regulation - Balance passes bring back customers
    2) Monetization - New systems make $ from existing and returning customers
    3) Creation - Adding content keeps Customers
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bean counter for a living.. so please know that I AM counting the beans.

but even if 100% of the remaining player base pays $50 still not even $50K.

I've been following the $ since year one. Nothing short of a rebrand, reboot and re-launch will bring back old players.

I could not reccommend investment on temporary development when there is a much greater need and such little Return on Investment.

Players return when systems are updated. Specifically crafting systems and combat systems.

While content helps players STAY it has historically not been successful to bring characters in.

Until the population is replenished, ALL development has too great a cost.

Doom and gloom?

Just give up?

Not a chance?

Thanks for taking what I was trying to keep positive and hopeful and turning it completely negative and pessimistic.

Just forget it Champions Online lovers, our cause is lost. Ride the train until it sputters into the station. No hope to be found for any significant updates or content unless everyone that plays is willing to pony up $1000.

And I must disagree: new content WILL bring in new customers, provided it is advertised. Balancing the same stuff that has already been here isn't going to bring anyone new in. I can make stuff up and state it as fact too.

My offer still stands Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll pay for new, significantly-sized explorable content.
    Or even upgrades to existing Zones, lair upgrades, premium Nemesis content, Adventure Packs, and yes Hideouts (SG bases anyone?)

In fact I've already stated I'd even pay for emote packs (see signature below) or even aura slots.

I am not buying into the whole weaponization of vehicles thing. Oh and yeah, the Gravity Pulser is like a strobe in your face, excellent for causing migraines. Keep in mind that most AoE maintains in this game self-root you and can only hit up to 5 targets at a time, for some unknown stupid antiquated reason.
    edited May 2013
    Doom and gloom?

Just give up?

Not a chance?

Thanks for taking what I was trying to keep positive and hopeful and turning it completely negative and pessimistic.

Just forget it Champions Online lovers, our cause is lost. Ride the train until it sputters into the station. No hope to be found for any significant updates or content unless everyone that plays is willing to pony up $1000.

My offer still stands Cryptic.

I've been accused of worse.

But the fact remains. The investment from players simply is not enough to make a difference. The investment simply must come from the parent company.
    This is the opportunity that Venture Capitalists call Second-Round funding. It is a sink or swim situation. This usually comes with a MUCH harsher group of deliverables. If these objectives are not met the funding is removed and the product goes into a scavenger mode.
    edited May 2013
    I've been accused of worse.

But the fact remains. The investment from players simply is not enough to make a difference. The investment simply must come from the parent company.

Calling an opinion fact does not make it a fact. That's a fact.

Support the idea or don't. But I ask that you keep the thread positive. I would like to think that Champions can be saved. That's an opinion.

If they didn't think there was still money to be made it would be shut down. Come get my money, I want to pay you Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, having played coh before and after mission architect went live, i think the foundry's effect meaningful content is consistently overrated, since we cannot add new art assets, but a hudson city expansion would get my cash. no question. heck sell some damn costumes again and even though i have the cp to go for quite some time, id still buy the equivalent number of points just to reinforce the behavior of adding costumes again. Iw as willing to put up several hundred bucks for project awakened because coh was murdered and dcou sucks and i need a good customizable superhero fix. co actually trying could claim some of that cash, i still hate mmos, but its kind of the only real option.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doom and gloom?

Gamehobo didn't say nothing good was possible, he said 'adding regular content won't do anything noticeable.'

Rebrand and rebuild, a SWEEPING, large-scale revamp of the game, is what might bring the crowds in.

That's realistic and possible, even if it's rather unlikely. I mean, we've already seen new content do jack squat -- how many people has On Alert brought in and retained? How many people did vehicles excite enough to play CO again?

Do you really think a new zone would do it?

Now, personally, I think Foundry as the set piece for a host of sweeping improvements to the game might constitute the type of relaunch that could get the game off its face.

But the problem always comes back to PWE -- until they actually decide to put serious effort into CO, it'll just wither.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought my friend a LTS for his brithday.
    he's happy(and going nuts trying to convert them to FF, allowing me more time to think up plots... I mean scenarios)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    Everything ingame iv worked for, the only way you're going to get $$$ from me, is with content. This proves to me the game isnt dead.

I dont put money into dead games, simple as that.

Ps: why for the love of everything holy is the british pound symbol being replaced with question marks on this forum?...........
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything ingame iv worked for, the only way you're going to get $$$ from me, is with content. This proves to me the game isnt dead.

Wow .. maybe the first time ever that i have to agree with Snake :biggrin:

And i've said it already years ago that i even had payed for Vibora Bay, and also for each other expansion, if we would get some ;)
    R607qMf.jpg
  • broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    Well, having played coh before and after mission architect went live, i think the foundry's effect meaningful content is consistently overrated, since we cannot add new art assets...

This is one opinion I can't understand. I don't need new art assets to tell new stories in new ways.

In STO, I see so many fantastic assets that appear in one dev mission and are never seen again. There is no reason not to reuse existing assets -- perhaps in different combinations, perhaps not, depending on the story being told -- to create fun, new content.

I'm also a CoH vet, and the MA breathed new life into the game for me -- in spite of how many abused the tool. I was able to find a lot of fun new content, creative use of existing assets to create something that felt new and different, and good storytelling. I even wrote one myself (Granny Granite and the Senior Moment Gang). Had eight more on the drawing board when the plug got pulled.

Do I want to see new art assets? You bet! But that does not mean that we cannot create a lot of fun new content with existing assets.
    edited May 2013
    Force players to pay for the individuality we enjoy in a "Pay to Customize" model.

That would be a good way to lose me as a customer. I'd pay for a yearly expansion. I won't be "forced" to nickle and dime myself to death for character customization. I will buy new costumes and such if I like them, but if there is not a truckload of good, solid customization up front (like we have now), I would not consider spending a dime on it. The moment I feel "forced" to buy something like that from the store, I'm done.

In CO, we get a lot of good customization options up front. We also have quite a few costume sets, bases, etc., on the store that give even more variety. I have purchased quite a few of those, based on "want" not "need." If most of the customization options had been on the store, I probably would not be playing CO. As it is, they've gotten quite a bit from my family by drawing us in with a good selection, and giving us the *option* of expanding from there.

I like the current LOTRO model right now. In a year, we see a paid expansion (East Rohan was the biggest zone/quest addition in the history of the game), a free update with new raids/instance clusters, a free update with new landscape and/or questlines, and a free update that is mostly bug fixes/system enhancements.

It keeps a variety of content coming and addresses bug and system issues, while financing the really big content and systems upgrades each year. No more content droughts, no more lack of development, and we get continuous advancement in the game world.
    edited May 2013
    broadnax wrote: »
    That would be a good way to lose me as a customer. I'd pay for a yearly expansion. I won't be "forced" to nickle and dime myself to death for character customization. I will buy new costumes and such if I like them, but if there is not a truckload of good, solid customization up front (like we have now), I would not consider spending a dime on it. The moment I feel "forced" to buy something like that from the store, I'm done.

Needless to say I disagree with you.

Paying for Skills opens a pay to win model no one wants to see.
    Paying for Content MMO players at large have revolted against.
    The only other option to sell is Customization

While I understand you do not want to "Pay To Customize" model but it is the best opportunity I've come up with to keep the game free and offer customers a product they find valuable enough to buy.

"Nickel and Diming" is the core of the F2P model. If you are unwilling to pay for that structure then you have to be willing to accept the subscription base.. and frankly history has shown that the two structures have a problem coexisting, because even after you are paying for a subscription the game still expects you to participate in the the store. Subscriptions failed for Champions Online, the only alternative is to go FULLY Free2Play model. The only way this works is to limit what is given to players for free.

This doesn't mean every character is going to be created with NO customization, but needs to have just enough to get them interested in buying more. If the game was originally Free2Play then this is the most likely model for maximum success.
    edited May 2013
    Needless to say I disagree with you.

Paying for Skills opens a pay to win model no one wants to see.
    Paying for Content MMO players at large have revolted against.
    The only other option to sell is Customization

While I understand you do not want to "Pay To Customize" model but it is the best opportunity I've come up with to keep the game free and offer customers a product they find valuable enough to buy.

"Nickel and Diming" is the core of the F2P model. If you are unwilling to pay for that structure then you have to be willing to accept the subscription base.. and frankly history has shown that the two structures have a problem coexisting, because even after you are paying for a subscription the game still expects you to participate in the the store. Subscriptions failed for Champions Online, the only alternative is to go FULLY Free2Play model. The only way this works is to limit what is given to players for free.

This doesn't mean every character is going to be created with NO customization, but needs to have just enough to get them interested in buying more. If the game was originally Free2Play then this is the most likely model for maximum success.

Note what else I said: If there are good customization options up front, with more available through the store, it works.

I have purchased many of the costume packs, a few travel powers, and a bunch of character slots. This is okay, but motivated by the fact that I could create good, custom characters from the get-go.

That is part of the draw for me: Offer me good options up front to bring me in, and I'll be more likely to purchase more as I go.

However, if the bulk of the customization is for pay, I'm not interested. There has to be a balance.

That balance can be struck, and with some games is handle well, with the hybrid f2p/sub model. That is, more (but not everything) is available to subscribers, while f2p players have to shell out for more things. It depends on how well it is balanced and what perks there are for subbing.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll pay for an expansion as long as it is worth the price tag. If it is a $60 expansion, the price of many new games, then it better have $60 worth of stuff in it. If it is another VB style expansion then I will not spend $60 on it.
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Doom and gloom?

Gamehobo didn't say nothing good was possible, he said 'adding regular content won't do anything noticeable.'

Rebrand and rebuild, a SWEEPING, large-scale revamp of the game, is what might bring the crowds in.

That's realistic and possible, even if it's rather unlikely. I mean, we've already seen new content do jack squat -- how many people has On Alert brought in and retained? How many people did vehicles excite enough to play CO again?

Do you really think a new zone would do it?

Now, personally, I think Foundry as the set piece for a host of sweeping improvements to the game might constitute the type of relaunch that could get the game off its face.

But the problem always comes back to PWE -- until they actually decide to put serious effort into CO, it'll just wither.

On Alert and vehicles are your 'we already got new content' argument? I will just let that sit there.

An actual expansion with a new zone, reworked/expanded Nemesis system and Foundry added to the game? Advertise it and you betcha old players will come back and new ones will start. I know of no other game that allows you to create your own villain that will attack you in game. (maybe a wrestling game does something similar)

I maintain that I believe that this game is still a potential goldmine, it's just not getting the attention it requires from either a development or marketing perspective. It can be saved, they just need to do the work.

Others may have differing opinions but stating them as facts do not make them any more valid than mine.

Hey Cryptic: I want to give you $$$$!! Expansion please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the in-game population we have these days they would be lucky to sell 1000 copies of a $60 expansion. That's a $60k gross, so ignoring marketing, management overhead, profit margins, and deployment costs, that's enough to pay 2-4 devs for 6 months of full-time work. I don't think that's anywhere close to enough manpower to create a new zone at the level of quality of VB.
    edited May 2013
    isometry wrote: »
    With the in-game population we have these days they would be lucky to sell 1000 copies of a $60 expansion. That's a $60k gross, so ignoring marketing, management overhead, profit margins, and deployment costs, that's enough to pay 2-4 devs for 6 months of full-time work. I don't think that's anywhere close to enough manpower to create a new zone at the level of quality of VB.

THIS however, is ignoring the potential increase in c-store sales that the expansion would bring. That is why STO is getting Legacy of Romulas. Champions certainly deserves the same treatment. I am simply saying I would be willing to sweeten the pot a little for them. And it seems that those who agree so far outnumber those who poo-poo the idea.

There is so much potential here, and it is almost criminal the neglect. I can't believe they wanted to make NWO, ANOTHER fantasy-themed MMO trying to compete in an overcrowded market when they have a unique market here basically cornered and are just letting it go to pot. With the proper work on the game and a well placed ad campaign this game would grow, thrive and turn a profit. I firmly believe this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    THIS however, is ignoring the potential increase in c-store sales that the expansion would bring. That is why STO is getting Legacy of Romulas. Champions certainly deserves the same treatment. I am simply saying I would be willing to sweeten the pot a little for them. And it seems that those who agree so far outnumber those who poo-poo the idea.

There is so much potential here, and it is almost criminal the neglect. I can't believe they wanted to make NWO, ANOTHER fantasy-themed MMO trying to compete in an overcrowded market when they have a unique market here basically cornered and are just letting it go to pot. With the proper work on the game and a well placed ad campaign this game would grow, thrive and turn a profit. I firmly believe this.

I think history has not been kind to your theory. Not saying your theory will NOT work, but there are more actionable theories.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think that what you are missing is that a $60 price tag on a new content expansion would have a very good chance of being ignored by those supporting the game by buying keys and the like now.
    Jaybezz is very likely correct about the best approach being to leverage free content to generate cash shop income.

New costume pieces themed for the new, "free," zone !

New vehicles themed for the new, "free," zone !

New auras themed for the new, "free," zone !

And so on.

The problem with any new significant development is that Cryptic/PWE would be gambling. Will the ROI be worthwhile ? Who knows.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd spent over $300 on NW before it even launched. Why? Cuz there was **** worth buying.

I currently have $70 worth of Zen in the CO store with nothing to spend it on.

And I'd still buy an expansion pack for CO.

But CO has nothing word buying.

And probably wont.
    edited May 2013
    WTB CONTENT, nothing else.

What? No content? Everything planned cancelled?.....but ill get bored, and youll not get any money...

zzzz...

zz...

funny-gif-men-in-black-glasses-fat-guy-fail.gif

Ok enough now, PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING! EVEN THE SURVIVAL MODE WOULDNT TAKE LONG TO MAKE.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

I currently have $70 worth of Zen in the CO store with nothing to spend it on.

And I'd still buy an expansion pack for CO.

But CO has nothing word buying.

And probably wont.

100% this...

Hell they could release small 15 dollars DLC with new areas/powers etc... could be something you could get on the Z store too.

There are many ways to monetize this, and many other games to look at for options...
    edited May 2013
    WTB CONTENT, nothing else.

What? No content? Everything planned cancelled?.....but ill get bored, and youll not get any money...

zzzz...

zz...

funny-gif-men-in-black-glasses-fat-guy-fail.gif

Ok enough now, PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING! EVEN THE SURVIVAL MODE WOULDNT TAKE LONG TO MAKE.

This is where I stand on it. I have made awesome heroes. I don't need costume pieces. A silly race through floating rings ain't my idea of content fit for a superhero character. It barley qualifies as content at all.

Content=new zone to explore with new missions. Ya know, meaningful content that isn't a single mission here for a week or two then *POOF*

AFTER that, then you can work on the fluff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]