test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caliga AF is neeeded

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
Love him or loath him our resident nutcase deserves an AF.

Why you ask? Well I was in that MMO the one with Barrens chat I just heard a cow say she was logging into CO just to poke Caliga. You've just got to respect that :D
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter cows chasing down armored men to prod their body.

Yup. CO.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter cows chasing down armored men to prod their body.

Yup. CO.

Nope WOW cows chasing him down :D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Wowzers that's dedication.

Prepare the cult following! Caliga will rise to godhood!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

As highly flattered as I am, and believe me, my ego inflated even higher when seeing this, I don't think an AF in my image would be fair or justified for the community. I don't hold myself in a high standard so much that has made an incredible difference in the way this game is unlike others that have come before me. Roxstar for instance actually CHANGED the way the game is by pioneering the Earth Powerset. I have done nothing nearly close to that level. I do enjoy being an incharacter personality for the CO community, and I will continue to do so for a long time as long as this game is around. I figured I should respond to this thread as soon as I saw it before it gets a snowball effect from other posters, being it negative or positive to the idea.

So, no Action Figure, it wouldn't be fair to other players. Just having new players say "Who is Caliga?" In zone chat...that brings a smile to my face. :smile:. You guys are the ones that make me (in)famous. I love this community very much.

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Dear CO Community,

As highly flattered as I am, and believe me, my ego inflated even higher when seeing this, I don't think an AF in my image would be fair or justified for the community. I don't hold myself in a high standard so much that has made an incredible difference in the way this game is unlike others that have come before me. Roxstar for instance actually CHANGED the way the game is by pioneering the Earth Powerset. I have done nothing nearly close to that level. I do enjoy being an incharacter personality for the CO community, and I will continue to do so for a long time as long as this game is around. I figured I should respond to this thread as soon as I saw it before it gets a snowball effect from other posters, being it negative or positive to the idea.

So, no Action Figure, it wouldn't be fair to other players. Just having new players say "Who is Caliga?" In zone chat...that brings a smile to my face. :smile:. You guys are the ones that make me (in)famous. I love this community very much.

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga
    Shut the hell up, Caliga. This isn't about you- it's about what WE want.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga

I like this guy.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga

So modest. You should get an AF!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga

Was waiting for this reply. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FOOL!

The action AF I have envisioned is POKE'ABLE! and when poked say cute little lines like " I like muffins and butterflies and fairies" .

So that we can poke you even when your offline. It will be a big hit with the cat girl population of CO.

For a superhero you really do walk right into my evil plans, getting tired of wining >_>
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013

BAH! *resets the Days Without a Soda Incident counter*

>:( All over my good shirt too.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited May 2013
    What would be perfect is a Lee Tosi and Caliga twin AF once summoned they would argue with each other ending up with a midget punch up :D
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Best Post.
    biffsig.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

How now WOW cow?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if there's a tiny Miss Behavin AF constantly poking it.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga
    Awwww *hugs Caliga*
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited May 2013
    Putting Nepht aside for a moment ^__^

Along with Thundrax and Lee Tosi , Caliga has done much for roleplay in CO he just doesnt know it :P
    And yes theres lots of other players that have done just as much or more even and also deserve one BUT thats not the point.
    The dudes a showman and it would just be pure entertainment have Caliga flinging toys all over the place :3

Just imagine that image and all the cat girls chasing him down just to get one.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga

Well there was a Roxstar AF. Currently you are probably the biggest celebrity in Millenium City, and that in itself is beneficial to the game. By all means feel free to nominate others you feel more worthy, and maybe we could get them AFs too. :D
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, Caliga. I think only player who have effected the game as a whole should get AFs very much like how Roxstar did.

The only way I can accept players getting AFs made for them would be is if there was some kind of system of community events that grants an AF made to each winner, or other some such. Or at least let it be a feature in game (which is never gonna happen at this rate.)

And we still haven't gotten access to that Roxstar AF. =(
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FALSE..

Kontrol is the smartest and best. Caliga can kiss my ****.
    edited May 2013
    Armiger currently has a gun that can destroy Caliga. The problem is, the hovertanks can't lift it.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're making AFs of main characters who are lynchpins of the RP community, they should go to Rune (who founded the longest running RPSG, the Silver Age Sentinels) and Azunai (the main character of Reldin, who founded CORP). These two players probably had a more positive effect on the RP community than any one else who's currently in game.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited May 2013
    No disrespect to anyone, but in my opinion, there is nobody currently playing the game that remotely comes even close to being qualified or worthy enough to be immortalized into an action figure. I strongly, STRONGLY, believe that players that have actually affected the very fabric of the game on a large scale are only qualified for an AF in their image.
    If you're making AFs of main characters who are lynchpins of the RP community, they should go to Rune (who founded the longest running RPSG, the Silver Age Sentinels) and Azunai (the main character of Reldin, who founded CORP). These two players probably had a more positive effect on the RP community than any one else who's currently in game.

No offense to those two, but I don't see them as being worthy of being immortalized into the game through an AF. Rune is nice guy, and I like him, but having a really old SG doesn't make him AF worthy. And as for Reldin, I acknowledge him for finding CORP, however: CORP to me, seems catered toward a small percentage of the CO playerbase, even more so from what I observed is that CORP appears more like a circle of close friends among each other.

The honor of anything being created in the image or likeness of a player character through the game, should be reserved for those that have actually affected the game, not the community.

Now before this thread derails into something more, I kindly ask, with permission from Nepht and Smackwell, to just close this thread.
    edited May 2013
    You know, before it does get closed... I think it would be cool if we had a monthly drawing for an action figure here on the forums. Winner could be randomly selected, and be allowed to hand out his figure as he saw fit.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2013
    Truth?

I'm sorry but I do not believe that CO has this level of player involvement to justify need for any new AF's made of player characters. Thundrax being probably the only exception due to his work with pnp Champions books.
    edited May 2013
    Truth?

I'm sorry but I do not believe that CO has this level of player involvement to justify need for any new AF's made of player characters. Thundrax being probably the only exception due to his work with pnp Champions books.

Thundrax's qualification for an AF are "debatable". There is truth he had a hand in the Champions PnP, but it had absolutely no direct effect in the game whatsoever.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that the right way to do this is either to sell a Nemesis Action Figure, which copies the name and costume of your Nemesis, or a Custom Action Figure, which you can build at a new Toy Store added somewhere near Ren Cen. Ideally, the Custom AF would be a repeatable purchase that goes in a second AF page - pay Zen for a blank AF, and Resources at the Toy Store to customize it, providing both a non-key revenue stream and a Resource sink.

Either of these options would allow those who wanted a Caliga AF to have one, without giving undue focus on any player. It would also have potential value to those people who have no interest in an AF of a specific player.
    No disrespect to anyone, but in my opinion, there is nobody currently playing the game that remotely comes even close to being qualified or worthy enough to be immortalized into an action figure. I strongly, STRONGLY, believe that players that have actually affected the very fabric of the game on a large scale are only qualified for an AF in their image.

I agree.

Roxstar actually got them to make a brand new powerset in the game...and in doing so...became the face of that powerset.

Something like that is AF worthy.

Simply being part of the CO community is not. No matter how great of a RP supergroup you may have.

To be honest...the idea of someone being an AF needs to stop. It always becomes a bad popularity contest...with people arguing who should or shouldn't be one.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited May 2013
    To be honest...the idea of someone being an AF needs to stop. It always becomes a bad popularity contest...with people arguing who should or shouldn't be one.

But everyone should have an AF...Hell, that would even be a pretty cool mission, say, for Christmas/HolidaySeasonTime or something.

'Black Harlequin has stolen parts from a nearby toy factory, and is planning on making them into more of his evil toys. Return the parts to their owners! (And snag yourself a AF of your favorite toon too!)'
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pokeable Forum Harlot?
    :tongue:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But everyone should have an AF...Hell, that would even be a pretty cool mission, say, for Christmas/HolidaySeasonTime or something.

'Black Harlequin has stolen parts from a nearby toy factory, and is planning on making them into more of his evil toys. Return the parts to their owners! (And snag yourself a AF of your favorite toon too!)'

I thought we already had a bunch of AF's we could assemble during the holidays.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only person requesting an AF for themselves that I know of is Flare (check his sig).

Let the community decide if he's done enough to warrant one. He seems to think he has.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear CO Community,

-Sincerely, Lord Caliga

Hush, you, nobody asked your opinion.

/signed.

plus, it may be the only content we get in the next few months.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    I'd be inclined to let the thread continue, but this is the second time Caliga's asked not to be considered, so I'll close the thread. If you guys would like to continue discussing other people getting AFs, absolutely feel free.
This discussion has been closed.