test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130319.12 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 11:00am Pacific on 4/23/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

- The sky race now alternates between two courses. The second course is there to add variety. It does not add new rewards.
- There was a typo in the Objective text for "Two Lane Rooftop". Fixed.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

- The sky race now alternates between two courses. The second course is there to add variety. It does not add new rewards.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Have all the auto-failures been fixed yet?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, is this Phase 2 of the Forum Malvanum Event?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone remember that chariot race scene in ben-hur? You know, the one that's literally just going in a circle for everyone to watch? can you match if they ever changed the course every so often for variety? "Hey guys, this time go counter clockwise so it looks different"

What i'm trying to say with that is... it just seems rather pointless. I'm sure if you truly cared about giving us variety, you're fix bugs that prevent certain things being played. because to me, variety means the difference between doing one race or one mission, or one lair, or anything else that isn't the same race with a different path.

I'd even much rather the costume pieces be fixed. as it is, some pieces only have cloth material. others get metal.

Overall this phase 2 seems very strange.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I quite liked the race for the first few days. Then after 1,5 days I got all the costume unlock multiple times. Then seeing how fast I could complete it was kind of fun. Now I am feeling "and now?...." about it.
    Even for a temporary (returning?) event the replay value is extremely limited. I'd like to have some more carrots added to these events.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    I quite liked the race for the first few days. Then after 1,5 days I got all the costume unlock multiple times. Then seeing how fast I could complete it was kind of fun. Now I am feeling "and now?...." about it.
    Even for a temporary (returning?) event the replay value is extremely limited. I'd like to have some more carrots added to these events.

I wish we had more Costumes to buy in the c-store, does that count as variety?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    Anyone remember that chariot race scene in ben-hur? You know, the one that's literally just going in a circle for everyone to watch? can you match if they ever changed the course every so often for variety? "Hey guys, this time go counter clockwise so it looks different"

I think you missed the guys getting dragged behind their horses, crushed under the chariots, getting whipped, getting mauled by the chariot wheelblades...
    The people didn't come to watch guys riding around the circle with the chariots.

Now if we could add some of that to the race here. Like something like in Mariocarts....
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was hoping for something...more...*sigh*
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    soulforger wrote: »
    I was hoping for something...more...*sigh*

We did get something more...we got more rings..duh.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully now I'll be able to catch up to Sonic :biggrin:
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I think you missed the guys getting dragged behind their horses, crushed under the chariots, getting whipped, getting mauled by the chariot wheelblades...
    The people didn't come to watch guys riding around the circle with the chariots.

Now if we could add some of that to the race here. Like something like in Mariocarts....
    :rolleyes:

Thank you, i was waiting for someone else to make my point. Gladiator races weren't actually about the race, that was their fix for variety. So why are we getting a new set of rings for an event that goes on about malvan gladiators that has no combat.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That New Racecourse. Goodness you really need to add in a light path or something. I got lost twice because I didn't know where I was going.
    edited April 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    Thank you, i was waiting for someone else to make my point. Gladiator races weren't actually about the race, that was their fix for variety. So why are we getting a new set of rings for an event that goes on about malvan gladiators that has no combat.

I honestly thought we'd have Imperators on Chariots trying to catch us during the race :tongue:
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Release Notes:

- It does not add new rewards.

Too Lame.:frown:
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Release Notes:

Hah haha hahaha, now where is the real update?
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bravo! Excellent update! It's so very obvious that there is a full team that is cranking out these "constant updates". I've always wanted a race with TWO courses!

Now...back to reality, aka: another game.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe you guys managed to change up the entire race course in just a few short weeks. I knew April was going to be a great month for CO updates!
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah too lame rooftop. :(
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    (insert obligatory "jumping, or flying in this case, through hoops" joke here)
    edited April 2013
    I wish I could give positive feedback to our devs ...its just hard to do so. Not for your lack of trying mind you. So thanks Devs. You have just been left in a no win situation by PWE and a never to be seen producer.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I wish I could give positive feedback to our devs ...its just hard to do so. Not for your lack of trying mind you. So thanks Devs. You have just been left in a no win situation by PWE and a never to be seen producer.

^^

/tencharacters
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are these rings on the ground? Otherwise, no thanks. Variation requires a bit more than cut and paste.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a pointless update. Tell me when you actually add something to the game.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup, dev, you heard the complaints. It is really pointless to add another track within MC. Most players have already gotten all the rewards they want. You cannot entice them to really race anymore.

If you had put it in other maps, lengthen the race course to cover larger areas, have exosets like those in the Bleak Harbinger event flying around shooting (cannot be locked on otherwise pointless) or kamikaze-ing hence require players to dodge while beating the clock then that may be something. Then you throw in more costume pieces (with all materials pls) and make the drop far rarer while removing the silly once a day limitation.

You can have races over MI, Canada, Desert even Lemuria. Vary the costume pieces to the region where the races are. I can understand if you cannot churn out substantial content with limited manpower and you want to recycle stuff to buy time but at least do it with some creativity. There are ways to leverage on minimal efforts to yield maximum benefits.
    edited April 2013
    They are working VERY HARD finding unreleased costume pieces already in the code to add to the next lock box. I mean, there's no other explanation as to why they don't have all the textures.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup, dev, you heard the complaints. It is really pointless to add another track within MC. Most players have already gotten all the rewards they want. You cannot entice them to really race anymore.

If you had put it in other maps, lengthen the race course to cover larger areas, have exosets like those in the Bleak Harbinger event flying around shooting (cannot be locked on otherwise pointless) or kamikaze-ing hence require players to dodge while beating the clock then that may be something. Then you throw in more costume pieces (with all materials pls) and make the drop far rarer while removing the silly once a day limitation.

You can have races over MI, Canada, Desert even Lemuria. Vary the costume pieces to the region where the races are. I can understand if you cannot churn out substantial content with limited manpower and you want to recycle stuff to buy time but at least do it with some creativity. There are ways to leverage on minimal efforts to yield maximum benefits.

Hear here. Millenium City is so tired. It's like they completely forgot their other maps..
    This is a pointless update. Tell me when you actually add something to the game.

Been saying that since September
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously? That is the best you can do?

Maybe if it had more rewards i might look into it but another racecourse and no new rewards?

What did you think, players do the races just to race? they do it for the rewards

This update is pointless, but then again if the alternate track is on the ground then you did something right with the race for once, but if its another air race with an alternate path

Just a waste of time and money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The interim missions for all of the events have been light, to say the least, so I won't get too upset. Hopefully, you'll be knocking it out of the park in the finale.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah the race rewards are crap, if they had to update it then adding better rewards should've been it, bravo again Cryptic, bravo!

Hint Hint Cryptic:

VehicleCustomizationKit.png
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For some positive feedback.
    The track itself is fun. The first track I could easily use autorun from the beginning till the end, even in one of those prototype interceptor with speed mods.
    The new track is much harder, I even need to use strafe a bit to keep from hitting the buildings. Particularly the corner with the 'shortcut' option is tricky in a jet.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I assume this things is still broken so I'll skip it

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Bug: Please check how the new costumes are unlocked. The last batch of new costumes do not unlock the three basic materials: cloth, leather and metal. These materials are available for the costumes, we the players cannot access them because the items that unlock the costumes are not unlocking the materials.

You guys are expecting us to pay for the newest costume. Please fix the unlock so it unlocks all the materials.
    edited May 2013
    Just because they forgot to add something to the design of a release, does not make it any less "working as intended". Its just their justification for laziness.

And yes, its lazy because they didn't catch this with the lockbox pieces. And the race pieces. And then the promotional vehicle piece...
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with NeverWinter?
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with NeverWinter?

We are currently testing content for NWO, we just don't know it yet.....
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you guys think the team will be able to re-position the sky rings a little bit more as our summer update? Because that would be epic.

</snark>
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited May 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Do you guys think the team will be able to re-position the sky rings a little bit more as our summer update? Because that would be epic.

</snark>

The rings are being repositioned to NWO skies (whatever they look like)...
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when are we going to get a new patch?

Hopefully not a day before it goes live.
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »

We won't DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »

bwdares wrote: »
    We won't DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Pretty much..no one ever got to test the Exocet Fighter planes at all..so certain mods (weapons) don't work with it..such as the Holographic Mod.

We'll probably just get an update on LIVE this week or perhaps around the weekend telling us the next phase has begun..hopefully its more ground char friendly.
  • xxxbeastboyxxxxxxbeastboyxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant retocon on one of my characters. Is their a reason for that
    edited May 2013
    I cant retocon on one of my characters. Is their a reason for that

Debugger - set self to lvl 35 - set self to lvl 40 - should = Retcon token
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... how about that "next phase" of the Malvan event?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So... how about that "next phase" of the Malvan event?

They have to fix the server down problem first.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cmon, when are you gonna release more updates, i might have take a break from this again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    They have to fix the server down problem first.

The awkward moment you find out the server failing WAS the next part of the Malvan Event :tongue:
    edited May 2013
    The awkward moment you find out the server failing WAS the next part of the Malvan Event :tongue:

Eeekss!!! The Malvan is tearing the COverse apart by attacking the server directly.
    edited May 2013
    FC.31.20130319.12 PTS Update means this build was originally created 3/19/13.. So the next PTS build will totally have 7.5 weeks of programming in it right?

Its not like the devs have been removed since then to work on the NeverWinter Launch.. Right? You would never do that.. not after all the complaints we've levied about that exact thing being done.