test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make something useful ,GIVE US NEW CONTENT!!!

edited May 2013 in Suggestions Box
(sorry for my bad grammar ,English isn't my first language.)
Past really long time since you guys made a last costume set. STOP spending all time for stupid lockboxes and vehicles. Work on new content ,auras ,powers and costume sets.
Also i want you to back all crafting system and replace items ,old costume drops. ALSO i want you to nerf Ebon ruin and two gun mojo.
Game really changed since it sold to PWE's. PVP was better before crappy specialization system, PVE wasn't that easy ,Cryptics was making costume sets like every month.
SO guys START DOING SOMETHING!!! :*
"In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
Post edited by shiningdarkness#0716 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's like 2 devs working on this game, and I doubt they're even here full time anymore. Other enterprising players have demonstrated that there's tons of unused costume pieces that they could easily slap together and release as a costume pack.

Me? I get the impression that those still working on this game were given directives to monetize everything new put into the game - from costume pieces, vehicles, and become devices, all being linked to lockboxes.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The a great deal of the latest badass Gladiator costume pieces are entirely free. Those are welcome. But it doesn't compare to playable new content.

Over a year of hyping the Leviathan event and only 3 weeks to enjoy it. Then nothing again for months at a time. At least keep it up until the next event can roll in.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there are little things about the rotating content (special alerts) that irks me - can we fix the intro cutscene for the Hi Pan alert so he says the first lines? Can we fix the issue with NPCs sliding along the ground during cutscenes, instead of walking?

Don't get me wrong - I still love CO, but it needs some love!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    And there are little things about the rotating content (special alerts) that irks me - can we fix the intro cutscene for the Hi Pan alert so he says the first lines? Can we fix the issue with NPCs sliding along the ground during cutscenes, instead of walking?

Sadly, not gonna happen.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

So why does suggestion box exist ,if Devs don't listen to players?
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because Cryptic decided to mock their player base by having an Official Forum For Stupid Player Suggestions To Go ****in' Die.

And yes, the Suggestions Box worked that way long before PEW, even back when this game still had developers.
  • Options
    mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but you are basing these accusations on what exactly? And if this really is the case, shouldn't we do something about it?
    musher wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you are basing these accusations on what exactly? And if this really is the case, shouldn't we do something about it?

PWE thinking. "People don't want a new content ,they want more lockboxes"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And here you people are, crying in a place which they will never see. If PWE thinks we want more lockboxes, we need to make them realize we DON'T.
    edited May 2013
    And here you people are, crying in a place which they will never see. If PWE thinks we want more lockboxes, we need to make them realize we DON'T.

Problem is, lockboxes make money. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be so common. Cashflow tends to make more of an impression than forum posts, and with all the cashflows coming in from all those games, it's unlikely that PWE is going to look to the few people playing this game who don't want to participate in their cashflow for advice on what they should do.

The only thing you can realistically do is not buy keys; just don't expect it to make an impression on anything other than the weight of your wallet.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To be clear, I'm not expecting anything, or hope for anything. I just do my thing in terms of achieving the goal, if it works well - good, if it doesn't - no big deal, I'll just have another go with a different approach. Let me finish with two qoutes.

Falling down is not a failure. Failure is not getting up afterwards.
    I always expect the worst. That way there's a chance I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    edited May 2013
    What are we basing the fact that suggestions forum is the place where good ideas go to die on?

We've gotten specifically like 5 requests from this forum, out of thousands, to go live.

The mountain archetype. Wind powers. MOAR TIGHTS. Vehicles (although apparently not as everyone expected em), and some assortment of travel powers that got brought up on the regular (vine swinging being top of that list).

Note that all of those happened pre-on alert, barring vehicles, which... Yeah go ask people in zone what they think of em.

Sad fact, this forum is a ghost town. Taking suggestions means active development, and right now on that we're limited to these short events. Make no mistake, tho, I'd love to see more traditional content.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you had 5 out of 1000 ideas go live it doesn't necessarilly mean the devs didn't do their job. More likely it means 995 ideas were not viable for some reason. You don't have the game code in front of you, so you can only guess how much work it would take to implement an idea and fine-tune to not screw up something else. Take that "Super Speed Wall Running" storm they were getting back in the day, trying to explain doing that will require a massive amount of recoding. Raising the level cap? Also a frequent issue, which may seem simple at first glance, but it brings along hundreds of other things. What about powers? With increased level cap you should be able to also grow more powerful, how do you prevent players from growing TOO powerful? What about Vibora, TT and Nemcon, which are supposed to be endgame? I suppose you could simply rank the whole thing up and squeeze another zone after Lemuria, but...
    My point is, this accusation is only a guess you want to believe. Wheter it's true or not, arguing over it between the two of us won't solve anything.
    edited May 2013
    If you had 5 out of 1000 ideas go live it doesn't necessarilly mean the devs didn't do their job. More likely it means 995 ideas were not viable for some reason.

Go and actually read up on all the ignored suggestions before making an absurd assumption like that.

A fairly substantial part of ignored suggestions are fairly trivial things related to costumes. One prime example is, "Allow more capes with chest wear."

Argueably, it shouldn't be done quite like that; rather, on a technical level, this should be implemented by placing those chest pieces that won't cause clipping issues in the chest slot on for Skin & Tights. This is possible as proven by the Persian top being available there, should be as simple as someone checking a few boxes in some DB and was never done.

The devs did not do their job, and that's all there is to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    See? It SHOULD be trivial, it certainly looks trivial to you, but what if it's actually not? You never know, maybe the entire costume thing is just a long array of numbers, and now they don't know themselves where is what? Or maybe for some reason "clicking a checkbox" will affect 10 other variables, which will affect 100, and boy, that escalated quickly! My assumption won't be any more absurd than yours until you hire a detective to prove one of us wrong.
    edited May 2013
    A lot more suggestions from these forums have been implemented, yes even after On Alert, than are being acknowledged:

Legacy action figures in Drfiter store
    Legacy devices in Drifter store
    Lemurian Exocets for Players
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its just a relic from old times, very much like the PTS-C-Store Forum.
    A lot more suggestions from these forums have been implemented, yes even after On Alert, than are being acknowledged:

Who really suggested to bring them in the Drifter Store ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Tell me how are you gonna do this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

At least we can get them somehow:P
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See? It SHOULD be trivial, it certainly looks trivial to you, but what if it's actually not?

Really? Then they haven't been able to add new costumes or tweak existing ones, because that would've wreaked havoc.

"They have made changes to the costume creator without breaking the thing" actually is conclusive proof that it's possible to make changes to the costume creator without breaking the thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It only proves it's possible, it doesn't prove it's trivial. It took them months to put Nightwak's hood with the other hoods, and it was a stunningly obvious oversight. I can think of no good reason for them to not make it a hood to begin with, other than it was a giant PITA to config it properly and they were short on time. Dragon Armor Chest is NOT a jacket, Ancient Armor chest is NOT a jacket, Skull SHOULD be usable with collars, etc. You get the picture.
    edited May 2013
    For the hell of it, I will assume that bumbling oversights in configuring the costume creator are really manifestations of the fact the backend is too darn complex for the people who created it to actually work with. You get the picture.

Yes. Explain how they ever managed to introduce/configure new pieces correctly, again?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What kind of a quote is that? I never said that. As for the question itself: don't know, don't care, I have no intention of putting out their fires and taking the heat for it.
    edited May 2013
    I would argue, just to put the point out there, that since there is no communication on these issues that it cannot be definatively said that these are examples of listening to the playerbase. It could actually just simply be coincidence. Of course, it could just as easily be true too. Sadly I doubt we will ever know.
    I suggested this for Snake Gulch originally.
    I suggested these be unbound one time as part of a patch and made unique to equip but not to have in inventory. I also STRONGLY suggested(and still do) that these also appear in the game where they were originally as a time vs. wallet alternative.
    While these are kinda somewhat neat looking, I'm still of the opinion that 1)It's a Become, don't care and 2)It may be the thing that looks the most at home in the CO Universe so far but it's still not there imo like the Viper Hoverbike, Westside Choppers, Viper Tank, Viper Quad, and other potential vehicles that could be based off of existing ingame stuff would be.

Just my personal take on this. Nothing more, nothing less. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg