test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Neverwinter deals with the automated chan ban issue

rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
Don't talk about the automated chat ban there.

I just mentioned it, and got silenced. Not by players, mind you, but by a GM!
In case you wonder how I know it was a GM: Because right after I said it, a GM showed up in Zone. And I really can't see any players report-spaming me for it. That wouldn't just be shooting the messenger, but using the messenger for target practice. :rolleyes:

On a sidenote: The game doesn't tell you that you've been silenced there either. You know you're silenced when your posts don't show up in the chat.
Post edited by rokurocaris on

Comments

  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Talk about sweeping it under the rug...
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a feature for NW. You don't think your posts got through because of an error instead of being chat banned. If enough people notice it Cryptic will then say it was a bug and reveal the chat ban in full force. This is after of course enough people invested too much money to quit because of flawed, game breaking community policies.

    Or they'll make the chat system work different in NWO.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or they'll make the chat system work different in NWO.

    That would require NWO getting a whole own chat server.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be public.

    Here:

    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?184532-Chat-Ban-System-What-you-need-to-know&p=2572252#post2572252

    Glad I could help. I will see where else I can plaster it.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, I thought the NWO chat ban worked by crashing the server and taking CO and STO with it.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By all means, anyone who plays CO and plays Neverwinter should share their experiences with the Neverwinter players. It's only fair that we share our experiences with this system to people who are new to it. They advertise Neverwinter on CO's page, to share information. Let's keep with the trend.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't talk about the automated chat ban there.

    I just mentioned it, and got silenced. Not by players, mind you, but by a GM!


    On a sidenote: The game doesn't tell you that you've been silenced there either. You know you're silenced when your posts don't show up in the chat.

    HAHAHA! I mean.. its like Cryptic has learned directly from Citizen Harmon.

    champions-resistance.jpg
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't surprise or shock me. This place is basically being run by Umbrella Corp., so what did you expect?

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    This doesn't surprise or shock me. This place is basically being run by Umbrella Corp., so what did you expect?

    Untitled-e1334260869571-600x337.png



    COMPLETE CHAT BAN SATURATION!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank all of you for helping me bring awareness.

    Disclaimer: I have Neverwinter installed and I have played it, therefore I am not simply hopping to a forum for no reason other than to spread misery- I am sharing information with others with whom I play a game, my community.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for taking action, Cy. I've read the thread you made, and it looks like the Neverwinter people become aware of the problem.
    I have hope that the NWO forumites can play a key part bringing the long needed change to this system.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for taking action, Cy. I've read the thread you made, and it looks like the Neverwinter people become aware of the problem.
    I have hope that the NWO forumites can play a key part bringing the long needed change to this system.
    Hey, the way I see it is they need to be rightfully informed. I don't see how it can cause me any problems to share a legitimate complaint as well as discuss how the game's chat function operates.

    As malicious as it sounds, right when Neverwinter is in open beta is the best time to bring attention to the problem. Many people are coming to try it, and it's very high-visibility. You can say it's a jerk move, but if bringing attention to it and making noise about it in a legitimate manner damages Cryptic's credibility and creates some backlash- then we as their paying customers could very well see the changes we've begged for.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if it was a forum mod that silenced you by editing or deleting posts. Its not a shock. They seem to run their boards with an iron fist. Those folks are so hard core over there. One actually said they liked StormShade and that he was a good guy *shudders* Humor is seriously verboten over there.

    If only they knew getting called malicious actually got me too grin a little. :biggrin:
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The common consensus over there seems to be "These five idiots (us complaining about the system) can't be right, because five idiots (reporting you and silencing you) can't be wrong."
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The common consensus over there seems to be "These five idiots (us complaining about the system) can't be right, because five idiots (reporting you and silencing you) can't be wrong."

    Yea, I can fondly remember when I too was a wide eyed noob. And felt Cryptic could do no wrong. And that the Devs and powers that be ALWAYS knew best.

    Years here with you all have completely crushed that feeling. And I hate you for it :tongue:
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    This doesn't surprise or shock me. This place is basically being run by Umbrella Corp., so what did you expect?

    If this place was run by Umbrella Corp, we would have all been kidnapped and forced to become the subject of hideous experiments a long time ago. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this place was run by Umbrella Corp, we would have all been kidnapped and forced to become the subject of hideous experiments a long time ago. :)
    Like an experimental vehicle program?
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like an experimental vehicle program?

    I was thinking of something even worse than CO's vehicle system -- being forced to act in a Resident Evil franchise movie!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking of something even worse than CO's vehicle system -- being forced to act in a Resident Evil franchise movie!
    None of us are hot chicks with two guns, and that is entirely what that franchise is. And Underworld. And Ultraviolet. And, well... it's pretty much a genre at this point.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would require NWO getting a whole own chat server.

    With the money they're making, the just might.
    nepht wrote: »
    Untitled-e1334260869571-600x337.png



    COMPLETE CHAT BAN SATURATION!

    Ok, see, I was gonna make a joke about how Wesker looks like Stokan, but then I realized it wasn't really a joke...
    If this place was run by Umbrella Corp, we would have all been kidnapped and forced to become the subject of hideous experiments a long time ago. :)

    And what do you think really happened to Mess, Chat, Kruunch, Keystoneman, et al?

    Anyway, I say we follow Kenpo's idea (I think it was Kenpo) and just game-hop en-masse and chat ban just friggin everybody.

    Silent protest, yo.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking of something even worse than CO's vehicle system -- being forced to act in a Resident Evil franchise movie!

    That's just silly. Nobody actually acts in any of those movies.

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos for giving it a shot.
    So far, they seem a bit sceptical, but they will catch on eventually.
    I predict three months in before the excrement hits the turbine based air moving apparatus.
    Of course, as I said in that thread, there are a few differences that may mean that it will not affect them as much.
    They do not have duels.
    They will never have Costume Contests.
    They do not have any areas set aside as playgrounds for the RP community.
    So maybe there is just not as much for the Griefers to grab on to there as here.

    'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »


    With the money they're making, the just might.



    Ok, see, I was gonna make a joke about how Wesker looks like Stokan, but then I realized it wasn't really a joke...



    And what do you think really happened to Mess, Chat, Kruunch, Keystoneman, et al?

    Anyway, I say we follow Kenpo's idea (I think it was Kenpo) and just game-hop en-masse and chat ban just friggin everybody.

    Silent protest, yo.

    Actually, I'm fairly sure that Keystone Man is enjoying a new career designing the Female Clothing for The Secret World:biggrin:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/372402/page/4

    'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without a doubt KSM is playing Scarlet Blade. A game all about the bounce physics.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Without a doubt KSM is playing Scarlet Blade. A game all about the bounce physics.

    I hear that game is all about "stand'n'spam" game mechanics... to make it easier to play with one hand /WINK!

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »


    I hear that game is all about "stand'n'spam" game mechanics... to make it easier to play with one hand /WINK!

    So, basically, Tank 'n Spank, then?

    'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    So, basically, Tank 'n Spank, then?

    They actually have character classes named Whipper and Punisher. Suitable for all your spanking needs
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    found some interesting bits while hunting for info about this
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2895537
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=115307


    then we have this quote from Gold sellers site,
    4.All virtual currency, powerleveling service we are selling is made by human hand.
    Possible account termination when using illegal leveling or illegally obtained gold.


    this is usually printed in pale orange near the testimonials too.

    a lot of these sites seem to have notes and activity up to about 11/2011. then they stop

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/massively-interviews-shannon-posniewski-about-champions-onlines/
    and a collection of old interveiws
    http://www.gametrailers.com/games/eeipdr/champions-online
    and more interveiws. funny that, typed in champions online interveiw (ducks)
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/they-are-the-champions-online/

    yes I'm reading through a whole collection of junk sites
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thread over there is at 14 pages.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »


    That's just silly. Nobody actually acts in any of those movies.

    LIES :O The lead of those films pretends she can act. Thats pure method.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    LIES :O The lead of those films pretends she can act. Thats pure method.

    You are mistaken. It is not acting at all. Those movies are merely hidden camera captures pf Milla's real life.

    'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, this is the first time I've ever seen such hate for the Resident Evil films. Or Milla Jovovich.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, this is the first time I've ever seen such hate for the Resident Evil films. Or Milla Jovovich.
    Because really... they're dumb cheeseball flicks based off a zombie saga... and they're completely mindless, same old repetitive formula of 'hot chick with two guns and a catsuit'.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'hot chick with two guns and a catsuit'.

    You say that as if it were a bad thing...

    'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because really... they're dumb cheeseball flicks based off a zombie saga... and they're completely mindless, same old repetitive formula of 'hot chick with two guns and a catsuit'.

    Not entirely true. Milla isn't nearly as busty as the rest.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    she's an ex model, unless they're swimsuit. They tend to be light in the chest
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like this thread has outlived it's usefulness. Oh well.


    And by the way, Alice is a Mary Sue. :tongue:
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of us are hot chicks with two guns....

    Speak for yourself... >_>

    :cool: *looks at her dual pistols assassin Bionic Bullet* :tongue::biggrin:
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of us are hot chicks with two guns,.

    9fddb7b81aee89447b84c49649af08531315607602.jpg

    Chick Hotness check, catsuits check, but yeah I dont have 2 guns I have 5 :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, now we know how Neverwinter will be handling this issue. Someone posted a Chatban case on the forum. The thread was locked within minutes. So the solution now seems to be "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" with emphasis on "Don't Tell".

    'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been using my 'Company given right' so much that i'm having troubles fitting all the ignorees into same place.
    I'm allways been helpfull for newbs and answered their questions in Zone (cha-cha-chaa) and with tells. But NW's Zonechat is just too much to bare.
    Pidae tunkkis. (idjot forum needs to learn some foreign languages)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not entirely true. Milla isn't nearly as busty as the rest.

    Yeah but her nurps are like a mile long.... and its awesome.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »


    Yeah but her nurps are like a mile long.... and its awesome.

    More awesome than this?

    Leeloo.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.