test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ego: I dun goofed

typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Builds and Roles
tl;dr: Gotta tweak this build to be more survivable without sacrificing too much damage. Is going Ego a lost cause?

Haven't used a toon for a year, come back to it, realized he went from TK blades to Ego ranged powers. I couldn't remember how anything on this toon worked or why I chose powers with advantages, so I just respecced him from the ground up.

Now I've got tons of damage (at least I think I do) but I'm squishy as all get out and have little to no survivability in long fights, AKA any fight with a reward worth getting.

Here's what I've got:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Marksman
Level 6: Agile
Level 9: Brilliant
Level 12: Academics
Level 15: Coordinated
Level 18: Shooter
Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
Level 1: Kinetic Darts (Leeching Strikes, Incisive Wit)
Level 1: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact)
Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Telekinetic Shield
Level 11: Ego Reverberation
Level 14: Telekinetic Wave (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Id Infusion)
Level 23: Concentration
Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence
Level 32: Masterful Dodge
Level 35: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Ego Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Fire Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (2/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (1/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Ego Storm at the end is optional, I'm level 36 right now. My cycle is pretty much TK Wave to open, Burst x5 to get my Ego Leech, then TK Lance. If they're not dead by the burst, the 4.5k crits from TK Lance usually finish them. If it's a group then I just spam lance or burst till death after the opening wave. Conviction/PF as necessary.
Post edited by typhonus on

Comments

• thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not much experience with TK, but my understanding is right now, TK melee >> TK ranged. Reason: Ego Weaponry with Siphoning Strikes. Looking at the math, that should be tons of self-healing power on a fully offense-specced toon that you just can't get on ranged.
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Weird, I had the funniest feeling I shifted this character from TK melee because some patch broke melee and made ranged better.

Either that or I saw a guy with Ego Blast and was enraptured by the sight of flying swords. Probably the latter.

I thought Ego Weaponry was a terrible move and that it should feel terrible, but I guess that's changed since the first TK for the archetype.

Cool, I'll revisit that on the PTS once I get this guy up to 40. For now I'm just making up for my lack of survivability with better gear. Dodge change, more PRE, etc.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TK range with ego form is about a third higher in dps than tk melee with id mastery. Drop tk range into support with seraphim will bring it just below tk melee in dps with more survivability.

I have ran both tk melee with id mastery and tk range with ego form through soloing andrith ruins. Both could do it on normal but only the latter could complete it on elite, due to range being able to avoid aggro on the statues and avoid the knocks into the lava.

Since you are having trouble staying alive, having int ss may not be a suitable choice for you or your build. A higher hps from conviction won't help if knocks and large spikes pose too much threat that you don't have enough health pool to take the hits and heal back. With Insight, you gain a significant bonus to range cost discount in combination to ego form. This allows you to gear for cost discount and cost reduction equally. By doing so, the difference between having ss int is roughly 1s (based on lvl 40 gear) on your conviction, but you can swap it for ss con instead for more survivability.
    edited April 2013
    I've pretty much addressed surviving by having more dodge stuff in my gear. Still doesn't help with getting one shot, but I'm having a lot less issues getting through content.

The toon still needs better gear, but he's in a much better position now.

Thanks for the tips!
    edited May 2013
    Haha pretty much. Drakanus is a joy to play. TK Burst x5, Ego Surge, TK Lance. 14k damage. It's great.

I gotta get him a set of SCR gear though, I think that'd really help over the two +25% bonuses from the Cybernetics Q gear.