test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

freeing mouse required for strafing run?! LAME!

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Power Discussion
Is there any way to make strafing run not require freeing the mouse? otherwise it really kinda sucks :P. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the answer..
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I use the following bind so I can just shift+left click to cast it wherever I happen to be looking:

[The below assumes Strafing Run is in power slot 3]

/bind lshift+lbutton "+powertrayexec 2"
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use a controller.

:wink:
  • raidey1raidey1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or play with free-mouse on at all times, like me.
  • raidey1raidey1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? I find that it makes the game play more smoothly.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a reason that strafing run works the way it does. If it was as easy to use as any of the other tab-target attacks in this game, that would be patently ridiculous.

Your answer is no.

You only have two options:

Use your mouse.
    Use a controller with a key bound to a mouse click.

A possible third option is to get one of those programs that allows you to rebind a keyboard key to a mouse click. However, if you're using neither a mouse nor a controller, then I'm not sure how you would aim your strafing run with this, other than planting your mouse on your feet and settling for the power being a pbaoe, in effect self-nerfing.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    smoochan why exactly do you say it would be ridiculous for strafing run to be easily usable? its not like it actually hits that hard unless you are a glass cannon crit build or something with high end gear.

Because it actually hits hard even if you're not a glass cannon crit build.

The fact that you actually typed the phrase "high end gear" makes me think you're being sarcastic.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.