test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tonight was eye opening

soryu1983soryu1983 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
So I've spent the evening standing in RenCen, getting my **** whipped by everyone that dueled me, and it was a blast :D I did manage to beat one fellow, who was running a similar build, but not quite as tanky. Tonight also opened my eyes that, my lil tank just isnt going to cut it. Thinking of doing a single blader, does anyone even use that powerset anymore, lol. Oh, and if Lucidity somehow see's this, if you are going to beat my rear end that bad, at least take me off ignore so I can tell you good duel and let you insult me, jeez. :biggrin:
Post edited by soryu1983 on

Comments

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    95% of the freeform system is one big "newb trap". Ask in the copvp channel to figure out what powers the devs actually expect you to use for pvp.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    figure out what powers the devs actually expect you to use for pvp.

... like a Clown
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First of all, yes a single blade build is possible but it's hard to do as bleed is an incredibly stupid buff where it doesn't stay on for that long at all. Still it is possible to make a build with it.

Secondly what sort of build were you using to duel people with?

Lastly, lucidity doesn't duel people who can beat him and whitelists his chat. He's a troll who has an over inflated ego, don't worry about him. ;)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't worry! I get my arse whooped too! Snappin em fingers and go BANG BANG and am ded.

Also if ya want bleeds to use with Reaper's Embrace i would go with Bestial's EB and take the advantage for it and have a Form of the bestial too.(I assume you have STR) Of course that's just silly me! Using enerby builder for bleeds.... Ridiculous.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • soryu1983soryu1983 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @Imp link, http://tinyurl.com/cotw8dp

@Pallih I don't think I would have thought of that, thanks for the tip :)

Gonna see what I can piece together after I sleep a few more hours, lol.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do have a Single Blade character somewhere, but the use of that one in Hero Games is pure suicide, on that I'm pretty sure that I'm amongst the last of my kind, but that's justified. Its use can be fine even against AoPM melee characters but even something as strong as Reaper's Embrace has a hard time getting through DR, especially since apparently, Rupture gets even more nullified by it.

• stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you want to stay melee, your build is not bad at all. Probably, some better gearing and moding would be enough to get you through in most occasions. I would recommend you though to change into something easier to play in the beginning, like a quarry 2 GM- ebon ruin with con primary and evasive maneuvers spamming. It really helps alot to see what's going on, and once you feel ready, retcon into something tankier or more damaging.
    Also, remember that if you want to stay melee, devices are your best friends. Neuroelectric Pulse Generators really help.
    And yeah, if someone beats your defiance build easy, then don't worry or feel bad. Instead, ask him how did you do that? 9/10 he will help you improve your way of playing.
    After all, keep trying...sure you will soon be coming in BASH to pwn my squishy ;p
    edited April 2013
    Thats, disheartening. I was all excited about the tap damage I was getting on the training dummy's for rupture. But then again, its not like those things have the same level of defense of a player. This is where I get hung up, I love melee toons, but pvp seems to be dominated by ranged toons, and thats the one thing I can't build decently lol.
    edited April 2013
    soryu1983 wrote: »
    Thats, disheartening. I was all excited about the tap damage I was getting on the training dummy's for rupture. But then again, its not like those things have the same level of defense of a player. This is where I get hung up, I love melee toons, but pvp seems to be dominated by ranged toons, and thats the one thing I can't build decently lol.

It is possible to make a melee build but it is very hard, in my opinion there are technically three main builds right now. You have the two gun mojo dodge build, the UR / NPG spam build and the strafing run / ER spam build. Of course there are other builds but basically variants of those 3 builds are the most common. I would say you need to learn your play style and what you are best at playing then take one of the basic build concepts and rebuild it to your play style. Gear does a lot too, the right gear will do wonders. With your build you have right now you want to get as much con as you possibly can and you should be able to get to about 80% damage reduction, add that to defiance and you'll get 200% overall. The problem that you'll find here is that you wont actually be able to kill people that easy, maybe the odd squishy. I always find that it is good to use attack as defence, if your not hitting much then the person attacking you wont need to worry when casting his combo because he can afford to go full out dps for those few seconds. That's just my opinion of course.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    soryu1983 wrote: »

Yeah, it sucks to spend the time to set up your bleeds, and then when you rupture them all that damage gets dodged. It's another way that the pvp in this game has failed...anything that actually requires a setup is no longer feasable. Maybe pre on-alert when all melee attacks snared their targets, but now everyone has the ultimate Active Defense against melee... just wander off, doesn't even have a cooldown!.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Yeah, it sucks to spend the time to set up your bleeds, and then when you rupture them all that damage gets dodged. It's another way that the pvp in this game has failed...anything that actually requires a setup is no longer feasable. Maybe pre on-alert when all melee attacks snared their targets, but now everyone has the ultimate Active Defense against melee... just wander off, doesn't even have a cooldown!.

It's not that, it's that now Crit and Dodge are Almighty. Anything that isn't a spike or an unstoppable wave of crit laden DPS is useless, because everybody is stacking ridiculous amounts of Dodge on top of a million other defenses with absolutely no drawbacks to it. Losing snares sucks, but not nearly as bad as everybody shrugging off anything that isn't obscene god-killing damage.
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

It's not that, it's that now Crit and Dodge are Almighty. Anything that isn't a spike or an unstoppable wave of crit laden DPS is useless, because everybody is stacking ridiculous amounts of Dodge on top of a million other defenses with absolutely no drawbacks to it. Losing snares sucks, but not nearly as bad as everybody shrugging off anything that isn't obscene god-killing damage.

Exactly, yet you could say that all this stacking is not enough! Since there is always the ss build doing 40k damage and killing you in a second...
    edited April 2013
    Um, powerhouse link to the 40k damage build pl0x, kthx ^_^ LOL. Well, thank you all for these tips. I'm going to hit the drawing board and see what I can come up with. Quick question on mods though, how many of you are rolling rk9 vs. rk7's? I know its not a huge difference between the two, but a difference none the less.
    edited April 2013
    40k? Simple...Night Warrior shadow strike with smoke bomb.
    Ego sleep and ice cage and you're done...
    Btw, I am running with all r5s and a couple of r6 mods...but try maxing your core slots as much as possible...
    edited April 2013
    The SS build is good although it can be hard to get right, especially when people have stealth sight because then you have to hope that you use your smoke grenade at the right time. ;) Also it has a long cooldown time. But if you make the build right and you know how to play it then it can beat almost anyone in a duel.

As with Sters I am currently only running with 5's and 6's, it isn't just about the mod ranks though, make sure that the stats they are in are right for you to maximize your builds potential.

edited April 2013
    I've thought about the SS build, it just doesn't suit me I guess is the way to put it. I think you guys are right, I need to try something easier to use to begin with, so I'm gonna work on a 2gm build to start. Then once I get the swing of things, start building around something I like for melee.

Thanks for the input on the mods. The new character I'm going to raise is gonna be science, so eventually when I get motivated enough I'll be making rk9's. Once/If I get that far, I'll let ya'll know so if you want some, I can make some. See ya'll in game :)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    First of all, yes a single blade build is possible but it's hard to do as bleed is an incredibly stupid buff where it doesn't stay on for that long at all. Still it is possible to make a build with it.

Secondly what sort of build were you using to duel people with?

Lastly, lucidity doesn't duel people who can beat him and whitelists his chat. He's a troll who has an over inflated ego, don't worry about him. ;)

Implin your at it again Lucy is a girl. Your going to need to trust me on this one :P

Also all you PvPers smell of potatoes >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here is something to cheer you up. No one in CO is worse at pvp than me XD

^ FACT

:biggrin:

I've tried a concept PvP build but lol, its just difficult to execute for me, my build is a stealth build, does stupid damage in PvE, especially with a certain throwing power..when it crits..from stealth...

In PvP however, against the pro pvpers who hang around here, they prolly wouldnt feel my damage lol.
    edited April 2013
    Here is something to cheer you up. No one in CO is worse at pvp than me XD

^ FACT

:biggrin:

I've tried a concept PvP build but lol, its just difficult to execute for me, my build is a stealth build, does stupid damage in PvE, especially with a certain throwing power..when it crits..from stealth...

In PvP however, against the pro pvpers who hang around here, they prolly wouldnt feel my damage lol.

I am. /10muffins
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I am. /10muffins

No, you are Nepht, you cannot be worse than me in PvP. Your ten muffins do not stand up to the might and power of NRGMuffin.exe :tongue:
    edited April 2013
    No, you are Nepht, you cannot be worse than me in PvP. Your ten muffins do not stand up to the might and power of NRGMuffin.exe :tongue:

HARKEN WENCH!
    The dictionary definition of Nepht.

NEPHT:

Annoying way too random cat like troll creature that is S.H.I.T.E at PvP.

You can argue with just made up dictionary definitions...good day -.-
    edited April 2013
    Oh no, as of right now, I'm the worst, deal with it :P I'm totally willing to back up that claim by dueling the two of you just so you can watch me die, and be proven wrong ! LOL. SO, Nepht, Raven, @soryu83, add me so we can do this ! I'll prove I'm the worst ! GOOD DAY ! :P
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't meaning it to be offensive. Merely some lighthearted joking.
    edited April 2013
    How do you figure I'm spreading rumors? It's not like I'm on here saying " Oh, Luci is going to insult you if she beats you!" I'm trying to be friendly and was joking with you. I'm sorry if it came off as otherwise.
    edited April 2013
    Ah, so thats why it said that you were ignoring, I got it. I thought something was funny about it, cuz I know you cant duel people you have on ignore. Weird system. Anyway, gonna try to shake my brain around enough so something will click, once it does, we'll have to duel some more :)
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LQ will you kindly take me off ignore and talk to me in game please?
    edited April 2013
    Want has nothin to do with it. I am seconds away from stripping you of ninja status
    edited April 2013
    holt free!
    edited April 2013
    Sure. I will check my mail peridocally over the next few days. Hope all is well.

Lets try tomorrow. Send me a mail if you can. I'm sure we can clear this up, whatever is happening.
    edited April 2013
    Just fire me a mail as soon as your ban is up. I'm pretty sure you would be missed in game if you left. Please don't just bail, shoot me a mail when you are able and tell me what's happening please.